Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Tragic. I agree Brands does have a weird straight, but it sounds like it was just a freak accident for the car to catch air high enough to hit the marshals post.
    To this day I have no idea how the marshal's escaped from being killed (or himself for that mater) when Alan McNish tagged a Ferrari and crashed at Le Mans in 2011. The debris that went flying everywhere then was scary stuff.

https://youtu.be/StAi_V99uxw
    Wow !! Seb!! Didn’t expect max to come close on this !!

Quote Originally Posted by roddick_andy View Post
    https://youtu.be/StAi_V99uxw
    Wow !! Seb!! Didn’t expect max to come close on this !!
    Seb has the mind of a historical F1 archive. Impressive. Max did okay. The rest......not okay.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb has the mind of a historical F1 archive. Impressive. Max did okay. The rest......not okay.
    What gets me is every F1 driver over the last 30 years has said F1 has been their dream since they were young children, and they would watch F1 all the time. The great memories of not even knowing who won. haha.

But I guess it could show that their minds focus on the now and winning the next race.

Would be interesting who'd win the runners-up between me and him (I made it to 1966 until I got that year wrong) but well done to Seb

Either way, the Nashville street circuit looks rather brilliant I guess Liberty put their eggs in the wrong US basket there considering Miami looks just like the new Valencia!
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 8th August 2021 at 10:22.

What gets me is every F1 driver over the last 30 years has said F1 has been their dream since they were young children, and they would watch F1 all the time. The great memories of not even knowing who won. haha.

But I guess it could show that their minds focus on the now and winning the next race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Would be interesting who'd win the runners-up between me and him (I made it to 1966 until I got that year wrong) but well done to Seb !
    Seb is the nerd in F1 history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Either way, the Nashville street circuit looks rather brilliant I guess Liberty put their eggs in the wrong US basket there considering Miami looks just like the new Valencia!
    Miami has already layed asphalt for the new circuit weeks ago. The ccircuit was against local heavy opposition in 2019 and 2020.

2025 engines

[AMuS]

There are many meetings about the future engines in F1 [2025], but not much progress is achieved. It is not even clear yet whether the new engines will have four or six cylinders. There are two sides: Mercedes and Renault represent one, Ferrari and Red Bull the other..

Mercedes is in favour of retaining the V6 engine. They say it's due to cost reasons. Every new construction costs more money. They would also like to keep the MGU-H as a technology, but would be ready for a compromise in that area.

Renault shares the Mercedes view. Budkowski: "If we have CO2-neutral fuel, we don't need a V4. The V6 is already there. Renault does not like to have an electric drive on the front axle. "That means massive modifications to the car, more weight and more costs."

Red Bull says that a cost reduction is not possible with the current engine architecture (V6). They are in favour of a four-cylinder (V4). On the subject of hybrid, Red Bull sees no need to increase the electric content. A simple MGU-K is enough for that.

Ferrari is also in favour of a complete new start, but differently than RB. As a sports car manufacturer, Ferrari is aiming at the series relevance of the technology. CO2-neutral fuels are an absolute must. Then it doesn't really matter how many cylinders the engine has. "We are open to a new start with a four-cylinder (V4)," we hear from Ferrari. & on the subject of hybrids? Ferrari is ready for a change too. Recuperation on the front axle is closer to series production than the MGU-H, which has not yet made it into a single road car.

Renault says that new manufacturers could get a temporarily higher budget cap or more test bench hours to make up for the development disadvantage that they would have.

If there is no agreement by the end of the summer, the FIA might decide on the details on their own. The Concorde Agreement expires at the end of 2025. For 2026, the FIA can do what they want.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue

The environmental element of auto racing is such a farce. Keep diluting the spectacle of the sport because it's what is seen on TV, yet the logistics of F1 pollute the earth a thousand times worse and that's still a micro fraction in comparison to industrial manufacturing, particularly some countries which are used the most for their cheap manufacturing costs.

The environmental element of auto racing is such a farce. Keep diluting the spectacle of the sport because it's what is seen on TV, yet the logistics of F1 pollute the earth a thousand times worse and that's still a micro fraction in comparison to industrial manufacturing, particularly some countries which are used the most for their cheap manufacturing costs.
    Exactly the point!

agreed. The U.S. and E.U. community are wanting to go electirc to reduce emissions YET you got China and India whom are not....and they have over 1 billion people..

It's like this. If you're a table in the restaurant and you cut smoking and the next table cuts smoking but the rest of the tables keep on smoking...are the 2 tables responsible for the acrid smoke in the restaurant???

No matter how 2 continents cuts emissions, the rest of world should follow suit.....but they are'nt!!

This whole business of global warming is asinine. The earth goes thru climate shifts. It is inevitable and we are just inhabitants in a vicious world.

Great world ! Not vicious.

From now on.. I'm going to only drive electric cars. Well......maybe take my Pagani out once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    From now on.. I'm going to only drive electric cars. Well......maybe take my Pagani out once in a while.
    I feel like I need to drive my un-catted, unmuffled 5.7ltr v8 more often.

My 6.2lr pickup just doesn't do it. Should have gotten the diesel and rolled coal.

LOL

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...t/6645094/amp/

I have no clue if this is true or not

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post

WHAAATTTT??? i thought the engine this year has been homologated at teh beginning of the years....so all 3 engines that we're using this year are the same SPEC.....no upgrades allowed.....the only upgrade in the form of a brand new engine will only be allowed for 2022 season.....but i've been wrong b4 many times.....someone please shine some light over this

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    WHAAATTTT??? i thought the engine this year has been homologated at teh beginning of the years....so all 3 engines that we're using this year are the same SPEC.....no upgrades allowed.....the only upgrade in the form of a brand new engine will only be allowed for 2022 season.....but i've been wrong b4 many times.....someone please shine some light over this

What the regulations say

F1’s rules that were introduced in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic introduced strict limits in the number of engine upgrades that could be used.

And while, for 2020, teams had to stick to the same specification that they ran at the first race of the season, the situation changed for this year.

Instead, the rules state that a single upgrade can be introduced at any moment during the current season that teams choose.

Appendix 2 of F1’s Technical Regulations states about engine development: “From 2021 onwards, it means that one specification update is possible between end of previous season and end of current season.”

This was a master class move. Second time in the hybrid era that Ferrari finds such a loophole!

Judging by the results of other promised "upgrades" my vote is "No"

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    This was a master class move. Second time in the hybrid era that Ferrari finds such a loophole!
    We all know what happened last time they found "suck a loophole"

Remember, per FIA regulations, loopholes are only allowed to be exploited by Mercedes.

Shame we won't have it for Spa and Monza. Could of really done with it.

The most important thing is to have it for Mexico since that is the sole realistic possiblity of a win remaining this year.

This is not a loophole. It's allowed by the rules.

It seems to be coming from Binotto, so it seems quite reliable!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Shame we won't have it for Spa and Monza. Could of really done with it.
    My thoughts exactly, those two circuits are going to be a nightmare for us against Mclaren and possibly others, it would make more sense to bring it to Belgium and Italy, but there must be a reason. Anything to do with Charles needing a new engine for Spa and the cost cap, I wonder? Penalties also likely to be applied at some point.

so if we started with a 2020 power unit, we may have "some components" upgraded for this years power unit as we are not as bad as last year....

question is, which components will be upgraded with this new FOURTH unit??? mguh, mguk, energy store??? or is it the ICE???

it would be interesting to know

Definitely not the ICE.
    My guess is battery and MGU-H

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Definitely not the ICE.
    My guess is battery and MGU-H
    that should be a significant step indeed.....guess the ICE update will be next year....more power to come

We know it's not the ICE and we also "know" (because it's not confirmed) that it's not the Turbo.
    So, what remains is MGU-H/K, battery.
    I don't see any reason to improve the K, so, H and battery are the only logical candidates. And since we know that Ferrari struggles with the H, it makes sense to improve this one.

When Binotto says something, we can trust him, like this from March.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yh27BTY73.html

I believe when I see.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    When Binotto says something, we can trust him, like this from March.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yh27BTY73.html

I believe when I see.
    ha, ha... that's a good one mate....good liar he is, NO???
    our straight like speed has been mediocre this season ( a bit better than last but still....) but it STILL is an issues....unlike what he claims
    Last edited by Rob; 14th August 2021 at 07:23.

No need for name calling and insulting other members
    Last edited by Rob; 14th August 2021 at 07:25.