Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yet Ferrari took him back and let him once again set up in England....not sure why you would compare him to Horner or Wolf lol he was a designer. He pioneered the semi auto gearbox while at Ferrari.

He ran the GTO did'nt he?? Yes, he is known for the semi-auto gear box.

BUT he does'nt work well with engineers...as opposed to Horner, Wolff or Brawn who do.

He was a bad pick to RUN the GTO....which is why it failed. Ferrari should have left him in a room by himself and have someone else more savvy and has the managerial skills to run a team.

Ferrari closed the doors to the GTO and I believe it was taken over by another F1 team and renamed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    What happened between Toto Wolff and Mattia binotto? Never seen toto talking like that about anyone else.
    There was something happened. Toto left in a discomfort. More yet to be known.
    May be it’s FIA presidential candidature? I’m not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Lewis was asked about Ferrari's surprising bad performance today and didn't want to answer it but then said it anyway

"I don't know what their main main problem is, I know it's engine."
    So Lewis has performed an analysis of our car's aerodynamics...

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Sorry but i strongly disagree with you.
    World without different nations will led to an universal gender ( consumer ? ) without any kind of cultural differences.
    i love Ferrari as a brand because it represents some sort of what we could call the italian genius.
    Scuderia problems aren't related to italian mentality but to the fact they didn't have found the good leader.
    Italian or not ( john barnard story wasn't the solution either ..)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    He is probably quite well qualified to see where we struggle TBH.
    Forza Ferrari

SF1000...
    Yeah 1000 milliseconds slower...

We are gonna get lapped by taxi's .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    SF1000...
    Yeah 1000 milliseconds slower...

We are gonna get lapped by taxi's .
    Only luck can save ferrari in tomorrow’s race else it’s a complete hammering.

Toto seems still butt hurt by Ferrari not opening up upon the engine and FIA discussion.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

apparently he said engine is our main problem, so he knows for a fact that over 50 percent of the time gap is due to the engine, just by looking at the car?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Only luck can save ferrari in tomorrow’s race else it’s a complete hammering.

Ferrari needs luck from mother nature tomorrow....which I doubt will happen.

apparently he said engine is our main problem, so he knows for a fact that over 50 percent of the time gap is due to the engine, just by looking at the car?
    Maybe he also shares the track with it and has data from his team etc?
    Forza Ferrari

Totto is sick and tired of hearing the binotto fiddle.What he is saying is you are the leader put up a showing and perform with us.Binotto is no totto wolf he rules.Totto rules and more totto rules.Binotto is not strong enough he is to much of a prima Donna.

Maybe he also shares the track with it and has data from his team etc?
    so what percentage of the time gap is due to our engine, in your estimation?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Brundle: "Sainz...good luck next year at Ferrari!!!"

Sainz: "Hold on"

(Sainz makes his way to Binotto)

Sainz: "Hey B, is there any way of getting out of my contract with Ferrari........I want to stay with Mclaren." "Anyways, thanks for the invite."
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, Ferrari does not look so sexy atm.

According to AMuS Michael Schmidt: "From the environment in Maranello you can hear that the engine costs them half a second per lap."

The main PU components got frozen this year: ICE, turbo, MGU-H, fuel and oil. You can only modify the MGU-K, battery & electronics. The rest will be like this until the end of the 2021 season.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ch-qualifying/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Tell me, how will you get the brightest people to work for you in Italy? Did I have to remind you, how Newey denied the ridiculous offer from Ferrari, just because working in Italy would be problematic for him and his family? You have to be in the center of things and I don't mean to harm anyone, but Italy is not that place. Literally at least 80% of Ferrari staff is from Italy. And all the high positions. We had the best years, when Britton was our team principal, german was the driver and South African was the lead designer. We have to get the best people from around the world. The best from Italy seem to not be enough

Ferrari are just like the Montreal Canadians of the NHL. I don't think it's just a case of better people not wanting to work in Italy, I think Ferrari WANT their team to be primarily Italian. Any team should always be looking to get the best people, regardless where they are from. Mercedes does that, and it's proven successful.

Christian Horner said it live on tv that he had instant data that he could do overlays of the competitors laps vs his car's laps. He noted how in Q1 Mercedes still had their PU's turned down. It's reasonable to assume that Mercedes has the same info available to them, and thus Lewis could see that Ferrari are slow on straights.

Plus considering every team with a Ferrari engine is down in performance significantly vs their 2019 car it clearly shows the Ferrari engine is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    What happened between Toto Wolff and Mattia binotto? Never seen toto talking like that about anyone else.
    Seems to me like he holds him as a liar, not telling the truth, that the time deficit is because of the engine and still talking about aerodynamics.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    According to AMuS Michael Schmidt: "From the environment in Maranello you can hear that the engine costs them half a second per lap."

The main PU components got frozen this year: ICE, turbo, MGU-H, fuel and oil. You can only modify the MGU-K, battery & electronics. The rest will be like this until the end of the 2021 season.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ch-qualifying/
    Here we go.. I knew I have read it somewhere, that the engines are frozen. So basically, if our engine is the problem after we got slapped with our "cheat", we can just turn off our TVs until the end of 2021... This is the end.

This may have been covered earlier, but did anyone else think Lewis' laps in Q3 may have been suspect?

It appeared his first lap was clearly exceeding track limits. Then his second lap should have been hindered by the yellow flags, yet he set a PB in s2. Lewis even admitted that Bottas' offtrack didn't hurt his lap.

Then conveniently the broadcast says they didn't have access to the onboard footage of Hamilton's laps.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    This may have been covered earlier, but did anyone else think Lewis' laps in Q3 may have been suspect?

It appeared his first lap was clearly exceeding track limits. Then his second lap should have been hindered by the yellow flags, yet he set a PB in s2. Lewis even admitted that Bottas' offtrack didn't hurt his lap.

Then conveniently the broadcast says they didn't have access to the onboard footage of Hamilton's laps.
    He was brought to the stewards and they cleared him, saying there was a confusion about the flags. Yellow flags were waved but green lights were lit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    He was brought to the stewards and they cleared him, saying there was a confusion about the flags. Yellow flags were waved but green lights were lit.
    Strange, as I think it was Ricciardo's onboard showed yellow lights flashing.

Rumors are that Binotto will make way at the end of the year. It's thought that Claire Williams is being lined up as TP

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So last year people start calling us cheaters and we where laughing at them saying that they are just bitter from our performance. But sadly from Mexico we start losing this power supiriority we had adn we end up today with a pu builed under the new instructions and its the worst pu power wise. How can you confront all who say that we just cheated last year when all the data and results not just pointing to it but shouting it !!!!
    SO now we look like the discrace of the padock not just with our rerformance but for our actions too !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Charles Leclerc: "It's not an easy qualifying for us. Unfortunately that's where we are at the moment.

"We need to stay positive in these moments that are very hard to find any positives. I think this is the way forward to work properly and to try and get out of these hard times.

"Yes it's difficult, but we need to work as a team and hopefully be as strong as possible tomorrow to try and cheer everyone up."

so what percentage of the time gap is due to our engine, in your estimation?
    No idea, how about you take a guess at it?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Timpolidori View Post
    Rumors are that Binotto will make way at the end of the year. It's thought that Claire Williams is being lined up as TP

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    hahahahaha
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Gains/losses for Austria qualifying vs 2019 times:

Racing Point -0.921
    Williams -0.737
    Renault -0.493
    McLaren -0.473
    AlphaTauri -0.360
    Mercedes -0.323s
    Red Bull +0.038
    Haas +0.619
    Ferrari +0.920
    Alfa Romeo +1.119 #F1
    I've thought about it more, and it absolutely has to be 100% the engine.

If it wasn't, and it was all drag, then we'd literally be better off bringing the SF90 to this race, and been right behind the soda company! And they would have known this from even Ferrari's computers.

I don't know what to feel anymore.

Its clear that at least half of our deficit is in engine (which is insane) and since engine is frozen its over till 2021.

Binotto is gone. Unfortunately his positon was unatainable and he made his own bed. Toto is absolutely ****** at him lol