Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Pre-Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For sure there are a lot more important things in life!!!!!
    For example, a month ago my wife gave birth to my little princess!!!! My 3d child and after 2 beautiful boys that my daughter arrived ..... well they are my whole world !!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's just that Ferrari is a different unique part of my life!!!!
    Happy family

Thanks a lot mate !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yes iam with you there are more important things in life family and good friends far out weigh fi.So we can easily forgive Ferrari for getting the design concept wrong again and that there season will not start smoothly so what...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Happy family :)
    I’m father of 10Day baby boy...!! Now the journey starts from here.
    ALL THE BEST!!!!

No Ferrari upgrades in Austria as team targets Hungary for major aero update

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...or-aero-update

Standard tactics of playing catch up?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

The incompetence of this team is unbelievable, so they had a car last year which was built around the wrong concept, and they decide to keep the same car concept for this year but only for the pre season tests, and they finally decide that the concept is indeed wrong, so now they expect to correct that midseason by perusing a different concept in the development of the car, I mean really??

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    The incompetence of this team is unbelievable, so they had a car last year which was built around the wrong concept, and they decide to keep the same car concept for this year but only for the pre season tests, and they finally decide that the concept is indeed wrong, so now they expect to correct that midseason by perusing a different concept in the development of the car, I mean really??
    Seems like a complete failure of leadership.

Charles' talent will be wasted for years while Fish Lips and Two Chains rack up with wins and championships.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Yup, what else is new....same old story since 2009.....time to change with something else as this is gettin old....

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Charles' talent will be wasted for years while Fish Lips and Two Chains rack up with wins and championships.
    Could not have said it any better myself

Force India might as well paint their cars silver so we can pretend we're battling them for the championship.

Yeah how incompetent to totally change the car in 5 weeks......are you guys actually serious?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah how incompetent to totally change the car in 5 weeks......are you guys actually serious?
    Exactly plus we don't know anything about real pecking order, how fast we are, but we already know, that the team is incompetent and many other "interesting" facts taken probably from some crystal ball...

Are Mercedes gonna run DAS? has it been deemed legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Are Mercedes gonna run DAS? has it been deemed legal?

DAS is legal UNTIL 2021.

So far, DAS is at there disposal BUT no word if Mercedes will use it. I guess we'll see if either Lewis or Bottas uses it during qualifying or during the race via on-board cam.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    DAS is legal UNTIL 2021.

So far, DAS is at there disposal BUT no word if Mercedes will use it. I guess we'll see if either Lewis or Bottas uses it during qualifying or during the race via on-board cam.
    They have good tracks under revised calender. S1 in Austria with 2 races, 2 rounds in Silverstone, 2 in Spa & then of course Monza

After our wings were clipped last year they knew our package/chassis wasn’t going to cut it. The new development should have started then. Showing up in 2020 with virtually the same car was definitely upsetting and the wrong way to go. They had more than 5 weeks to develop a proper package if they would have started last year with a new concept.

I hope the damage isn’t too bad and that we are higher that 4th-5th in the pecking order.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    DAS is legal UNTIL 2021.

FIA deemed it legal, but stewards might decide otherwise. RB already said they will protest it if Merc are going to use it.

Sadly that seems to be the case, but at least let's wait and see what the car is like on track this weekend before we all lose the will to live, and you'd better be careful what descriptive names you use for drivers, in this day and age it's very dangerous and may be found upsetting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Exactly plus we don't know anything about real pecking order, how fast we are, but we already know, that the team is incompetent and many other "interesting" facts taken probably from some crystal ball...

We don’t know anything about the pecking order but according to our team principal “we’ve got the wrong car concept and will need to develop the car in a complete different direction” these are his words, now either this is just him managing expectations or if this is true then there’s no other word to describe but incompetence. The car concept was already wrong last year according to him so why come to this season when the regulations are exactly the same with the same concept to just decide changing it completely before the season even starts? If this isn’t incompetence then I don’t know what is.
    The incompetence is not for not being able to change it in 5 weeks it’s because of sticking to the same car concept from last year just to change it completely before the season even starts, this is either him managing expectations, otherwise it’s just ludicrous that a professional team behaves in this way

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    We don’t know anything about the pecking order but according to our team principal “we’ve got the wrong car concept and will need to develop the car in a complete different direction” these are his words, now either this is just him managing expectations or if this is true then there’s no other word to describe but incompetence. The car concept was already wrong last year according to him so why come to this season when the regulations are exactly the same with the same concept to just decide changing it completely before the season even starts? If this isn’t incompetence then I don’t know what is.
    The incompetence is not for not being able to change it in 5 weeks it’s because of sticking to the same car concept from last year just to change it completely before the season even starts, this is either him managing expectations, otherwise it’s just ludicrous that a professional team behaves in this way
    They focused on improving downforce and packaging which should lead to better aerodynamics. In combination with crippled engine after all the complaints from RB and MB it proved as non effective solution. Simulations were probably telling a different story at the beginning.

COVID quarantine slowed them down from doing big development steps. So they tried to understand current "not fastest" car and they will try to harvest maximum potential out of it in 2 Austria races.
    In 18 days they will try to bring B-spec car with more potential to Hungary.

Till then I will wait, support Ferrari and be hoping for the B-spec. It is easy to tell about somebody he is incompetent, but from outside we don't have all the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    so definitely gay parade?
    Williams is runnig the 'rainbow" mark on the rear wing.

Take it easy on the P&R rhetoeric......(fyi, I'm not homosexual)

Mercedes intends to run new "DAS" system at Austria. Helmut Marko didn't want to confirm yet whether Red Bull still plans to lodge a protest like they had announced before Melbourne.

AMuS (in German): https://auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/merce

"It is possible that Red Bull will let Mercedes use DAS on Friday to see its advantage. Opinions differ greatly there, some say it's half a second, others two tenths etc.
    If the advantage is big, trouble is inevitable."

AMuS also wrote that Ferrari didn't bring their upgrade to Austria because it's quite a big one and it wasn't finished in time.

"Subliminally Ferrari expresses its astonishment how Merc/RB were able to produce so many new parts in time despite the 63-day factory closure."
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 1st July 2020 at 14:30.

"Subliminally Ferrari expresses its astonishment how Merc/RB were able to produce so many new parts in time despite the 63-day factory closure."
    Well, according to them, those upgrades where sceduled even before winter testing. It's the Spanish gp update + some more. So they probably started making that before the close down
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari may not have brought any meaningful upgrades for this race, but they have done their homework for this race. Austria isn't heavily aero demanding, nor it is technical. A car with good straightline speed and stable rear end will do quite well here.
    All I hope that Ferrari will go through this weekend without any major reliability issues.

When you see other top teams bringing upgrades while Ferrari doddle is the very definition of incompetence. Even if Ferrari were favored to win, to stand still while your opponents progress is... well... idiotic.

And this isn't the first time that Ferrari have failed the development race.

While Merc and RBR were developing upgrades, what were Ferrari doing? Playing canasta?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Sadly that seems to be the case, but at least let's wait and see what the car is like on track this weekend before we all lose the will to live, and you'd better be careful what descriptive names you use for drivers, in this day and age it's very dangerous and may be found upsetting!!
    Meh. Snowflakes gonna snowflake. I am not changing my language to oblige the mob.

When you see other top teams bringing upgrades while Ferrari doddle is the very definition of incompetence. Even if Ferrari were favored to win, to stand still while your opponents progress is... well... idiotic.

And this isn't the first time that Ferrari have failed the development race.

While Merc and RBR were developing upgrades, what were Ferrari doing? Playing canasta?

Meh. Snowflakes gonna snowflake. I am not changing my language to oblige the mob.
    Of course they are lost, completely. They have been lost since 2009 and will not recover for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Of course they are lost, completely. They have been lost since 2009 and will not recover for a long time
    That's really REALLY sad.

That's really REALLY sad.
    And the best part is they are getting payed extremely well for being 3rd or 2nd best. They getting payed like a championship team but in reality they a group of clueless idiots