Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel is leaving Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Everyone who'll do something like that is first not a human, and then real Ferrari supporter!
    Agreed. I concur that Vettel has not delivered the results and in my opinion he is not at the same level as Alonso or Hamilton. But he is a good guy and have given his all during his Ferrari stay. Its not for a lack effort or lack of passion for Ferrari. He is also very funny, I really like the time he said Alonso was driving like a bus-driver in Baku, and when he said Hamilton was handsome, or the time he talked about Hamilton massaging women like he takes care of the tires etc. The list goes on!

Its fine to be realistic about Sebs performance, but I think we should still stay classy and dont just hate and bash him! The only thing I would have liked to see more from Seb is taking some of the blame for failing to deliver. He has said too many times: "We did not have a good weekend, we still have the speed but just need to get it all together one weekend". And I would think: "No Seb, you dont need to get it together one SINGLE weekend, you need to get it together all the time", the other top drivers does that.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Very Very good article about reasons Vettel practically got sacked by Ferrari.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52627667

You are right, Ferrari was going backwards when choose Vettel to replace Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I actually think we’re going backwards if we sign overrated Sainz.

But hey, it’s what we seem to like doing this past decade, going backwards not forwards.

Ricciardo just makes more sense, he’s a winner, a real racer. Exactly what Ferrari need alongside Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post

Great article, thanks for the share. The last paragraph is spot on "The truth is that Vettel lacks the adaptability that gave the likes of Hamilton and Alonso - and Schumacher - the ability to extract the best from any car, no matter how difficult"
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

That is probably the greatest weakness he has.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Lack of adaptability and unable to deal with pressure are Vettel's main weaknesses. His 50+ career win's can be put in to one single category: "Leading the race while starting from either P1-P3 and no pressure from the back"

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Lack of adaptability and unable to deal with pressure are Vettel's main weaknesses. His 50+ career win's can be put in to one single category: "Leading the race while starting from either P1-P3 and no pressure from the back"
    Agreed.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I actually think we’re going backwards if we sign overrated Sainz.

But hey, it’s what we seem to like doing this past decade, going backwards not forwards.

Ricciardo just makes more sense, he’s a winner, a real racer. Exactly what Ferrari need alongside Leclerc.
    I agree. Sainz is a major downgrade from Vettel, but if Vettel doesn't want to be there and won't race at his best, then I'd rather have Sainz. Same thing with Alonso/Vettel. I just think it would be a bad move if Ferrari pass on Riccardo. Easy to fill the seat with a driver as good as Sainz, not so much with a driver like Riccardo. Mind you, it's possible Riccardo didn't want to join if Ferrari as long as Leclerc was getting prime treatment.

Ricciardo is going to McLaren.

That's a win-win for McLaren. They get Mercedes engines and Ricciardo.

Things are looking up for McLaren.........and Ricciardo.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Great article, thanks for the share. The last paragraph is spot on "The truth is that Vettel lacks the adaptability that gave the likes of Hamilton and Alonso - and Schumacher - the ability to extract the best from any car, no matter how difficult"
    Would not mention Vettel in same sentence with Hamilton, Alonso and the real German legend. Vettel is still a great driver but he missed out on his learning years while driving RedBull rockets. Best drivers have skill to extract maximum from machines and they are mentally very tough. Alonso and MS are right up there in this regard. Hamilton is wise, he chooses his battles carefully. Vettel has speed but mentally he is not strong and can’t adapt, having said that still a world champion and a Ferrari alumni

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I agree. Sainz is a major downgrade from Vettel, but if Vettel doesn't want to be there and won't race at his best, then I'd rather have Sainz. Same thing with Alonso/Vettel. I just think it would be a bad move if Ferrari pass on Riccardo. Easy to fill the seat with a driver as good as Sainz, not so much with a driver like Riccardo. Mind you, it's possible Riccardo didn't want to join if Ferrari as long as Leclerc was getting prime treatment.
    But we are not getting Carlos to replace Seb. Seb is replaced by Charles. Carlos is coming as a wingman to Charles.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

IMO four reasons why Sainz is the better choice, he wont do this, although I don't think he will match Leclerc in speed he will be close enough to get us valuable points or be a good wing-man.

Teammates.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

McLaren will be a force in 2021 and especially 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    IMO four reasons why Sainz is the better choice, he wont do this, although I don't think he will match Leclerc in speed he will be close enough to get us valuable points or be a good wing-man.

Teammates.jpg
    Of course he won't do that and nothing at all BC he is a midfield driver with a famous surname. I hope that the approach of all the eggs in the same basket (leclerc) will pay anytime soon cos if not, we will see a major implode in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Vettel to McLaren. An agreement has been reached according to different sources.

First I want to state, I don't know how many times I have already done it, but I'll do it again before someone jump onto me. So. I am 47 years old, been watching F1 races since early 80's, always been, and always will be a team FERRARI supporter. My question is, can somebody explain to me what is so special about Daniel Riccardo?! Why all the hype - get him to Ferrari?!? Why is he so special? Honestly I like the guy, he seams like easy going one, but as my understandings of this job, we need a machine, not an easy going guy, and a rocket of a car with bulletproof tea, behind all this to win multiple titles. Just look at Senna, Prost, Lauda, Schumcher, Hamilton, all are machines! That is what I am talking about.
    So as I have said in one previous post on this thread in half a joke, is 3 steps one team need.
    1 - Great car
    2 - Great team/management
    3 - Great driver

OK. now full blast mode attack
    Last edited by stefa; 13th May 2020 at 17:36.

First I want to state, I don't know how many times I have already done it, but I'll do it again before someone jump onto me. So. I am 47 years old, been watching F1 races since early 80's, always been, and always will be a team FERRARI supporter. My question is, can somebody explain to me what is so special about Daniel Riccardo?! Why all the hype - get him to Ferrari?!? Why is he so special? Honestly I like the guy, he seams like easy going one, but as my understandings of this job, we need a machine, not an easy going guy, and a rocket of a car with bulletproof tea, behind all this to win multiple titles. Just look at Senna, Prost, Lauda, Schumcher, Hamilton, all are machines! That is what I am talking about.
    So as I have said in one previous post on this thread in half a joke, is 3 steps one team need.
    1 - Great car
    3 - Great driver

My guess is because he is likable. He also has Italian roots, tifosi dream of having an "Italian" champion. Also, he has won races before. Those are my guesses. I like him too, don't really have a feeling yet on if I want him at Ferrari tbh.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I actually think all the pressure is on Leclerc now, don't you?

If I was Vettel, I'd play some mind games, have some fun in 2020! Teach the kid a few things.

How about Vettel getting a t-shirt printed for team meetings that says....

Vettel 2020 Salary - $60m ($15m more than Leclerc gets until end of 2024)

And sit across Leclerc as they lay out plans for the race

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe he realized after testing that this years car is a bust and lost interest. In Ferrari's most recent social media video, you could see his spark was gone, his demeanor had changed.
    I think that is EXACTLY what happened. He tested the car, saw it was a turd, half the season is wiped-out, several seasons with really nothing to show for it but sub-par cars, he said enough is enough. At some point it's time to 5#!+ or get off the pot. He isn't getting any younger and between the crap cars and Charles being the apple of everyone's eye there was no hope for a title with Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    Vettel to McLaren. An agreement has been reached according to different sources.
    2 hours ago.....

Information from @F1insidercom : Vettel and McLaren won't happen.
    2 hours ago, Seb declined the offer. McLaren told him that they need at least 3 years to have a winning car.

For Vettel it's either Mercedes or retirement...

According to @F1insidercom , Seidl really was pro Vettel but Seb just didn't want to spend 3 more years, trying to bring a team at the top at this stage of his career.

https://f1-insider.com/f1/formel-1-n...mpression=true

I'd say 70% to 80% is Seb's fault. Ferrari, as a whole, takes the rest of the blame as well.....and 2020 pre-COVID-19 did'nt look promising with regards to the SF1000 per Binotto.

Sainz vs hulkenberg Screenshot_20200513-211830_Chrome.jpg
    Seeing the charts its more a Downgrade. He seems even worse than Botas. How are we supposed to fight Mercs with him?
    If we compare Ricciardo vs Hulkenberg he really makes a difference Screenshot_20200513-212640_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by alfa84; 13th May 2020 at 19:28.

McLaren will be a force in 2021 and especially 2022.
    2022 and 2023 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Would not mention Vettel in same sentence with Hamilton, Alonso and the real German legend. Vettel is still a great driver but he missed out on his learning years while driving RedBull rockets. Best drivers have skill to extract maximum from machines and they are mentally very tough. Alonso and MS are right up there in this regard. Hamilton is wise, he chooses his battles carefully. Vettel has speed but mentally he is not strong and can’t adapt, having said that still a world champion and a Ferrari alumni

How r u saying Hamilton better than Vettel?.Do u know Hamilton's race winning percentage is 17.05 before mercedes turbo era and 55 percent in mercedes era.

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    How r u saying Hamilton better than Vettel?.Do u know Hamilton's race winning percentage is 17.05 before mercedes turbo era and 55 percent in mercedes era.
    Hamilton has enjoyed the most dominant car in F1 history BY FAR and during the the same time F1 has hosted the most races ever, 3 seasons now is equal to 4 seasons from Schumachers time:

The list of domination in modern era is as follows:

Mercedes Hybrid PU Era - 74% of Grand Prix won over 6 sustained WDC winning seasons AND GOING
    Ferrari Schumacher Era - 65% of Grand Prix won over 5 sustained WDC winning seasons
    McLaren 88-91 Senna/Prost - 60% of Grand Prix won over 4 sustained WDC winning seasons
    Red Bull Vettel - 52% of Grand Prix won over 4 sustained WDC winning seasons

Mercedes is in a class of its own and that should be noted when considering things. And the Merc domination will likely earliest end with the new regulation change, so that could make it 8 Merc titles in a row.

The days of paying drivers 40 to50 million euros per year are gone.fi will align driver salaries with budget constraints moving forward. I think Lewis will be in for a shock when his contract is up for renewal, with seb his value tumbled big time this could be the lever that retires him.Seb would make his new driver salary in interest earnings with his multimillion euro fortune without risking anything at all.He can enjoy his family etc and align the things in life that are important to him.Seb has done more than enough in f1.With a big money driver out of the picture the disparity between Lewis and the next top paid driver would be miles and miles apart and will raise eye brows 100%.some how I feel mercedes are lightning Lewis up for a haircut weather he likes it or not.Ferrari is not an option with seb gone his power to negotiate went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The days of paying drivers 40 to50 million euros per year are gone.fi will align driver salaries with budget constraints moving forward. I think Lewis will be in for a shock when his contract is up for renewal, with seb his value tumbled big time this could be the lever that retires him.Seb would make his new driver salary in interest earnings with his multimillion euro fortune without risking anything at all.He can enjoy his family etc and align the things in life that are important to him.Seb has done more than enough in f1.With a big money driver out of the picture the disparity between Lewis and the next top paid driver would be miles and miles apart and will raise eye brows 100%.some how I feel mercedes are lightning Lewis up for a haircut weather he likes it or not.Ferrari is not an option with seb gone his power to negotiate went with it.
    Drivers salaries ARE NOT included in the up-and-coming budget cap IF that's what you're referring to.

1 - Great car
    3 - Great driver

The guy is fast, has very good race craft, is a clean racer, and he's very likeable. I think Charles still beats him, but he's no pushover.