Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 182930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Spa crash 2010? Without that he would of won. Alonso crash Japan 2007 without that he would of won as well. All drivers crash, Senna plenty of times.
    Vettel rammed into the right side of Alonso's car in the Japanese GP, causing his Mclaren to lose rear end df from the damage. Vettel cost Alonso 3 championships.

Merc's engine boss Andy Corwell is leaving Merc.

Ferrari won't be getting him. They have aptly made it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    But we have seen the worst already this year. I don’t think it can’t get any worse than this for next year. As there’s some engine test going on & probably fine tune the aero package. Hopefully we can fight with mid field teams next year.
    Mate, we already do and on normal tracks in race trim we're faster than the midfield cars. Just a 0.3/lap gain from the engine and we'll have an easy P3 in WCC next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Mate, we already do and on normal tracks in race trim we're faster than the midfield cars. Just a 0.3/lap gain from the engine and we'll have an easy P3 in WCC next year.
    Except Silverstone track, rest of the tracks I didn’t see any ferrari performance.
    It’s only Leclerc placing himself in a certain position that he can capitalise on.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...paign=widget-2

Even Mclaren are copying Mercs nose now. Still don't get why Ferrari never tried this concept, our nose cone has been the same for years.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...paign=widget-2

Even Mclaren are copying Mercs nose now. Still don't get why Ferrari never tried this concept, our nose cone has been the same for years.
    Yeah I don’t get that either...too chicken to change the concept I guess
    We’ve had this nose concept since 2016....we should have tried this slim nose maybe it would benefit us

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah I don’t get that either...too chicken to change the concept I guess
    We’ve had this nose concept since 2016....we should have tried this slim nose maybe it would benefit us
    Definitely would have been no harm in trying out this concept as ours has failed us for 5+ years. Also, I don't understand why Ferrari isn't bringing new parts to help close the gap. Even if they don't help this year, use this year as a mule for 2021 and 2022.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Definitely would have been no harm in trying out this concept as ours has failed us for 5+ years. Also, I don't understand why Ferrari isn't bringing new parts to help close the gap. Even if they don't help this year, use this year as a mule for 2021 and 2022.
    2021 yes could be used as a mule.....2022 not so much as it will be a complete reset to teh aero rules....ground effects....etc

but it is ferrari, they know what they are doing.....or DO THEY?????

Charles still is racing for 2020 podiums maybe even a win. Nothing but admiration for his not going out each race thinking it's just testing for next year. It's a well known fact that luck is a factor in F-1 driver s success. Seb has gotten left out. It's not his fault.

Brembo have completed their dyno tests regarding the brake failure on Vettel's car in Monza. There is no problems with the brakes. Apparently the brake failure resulted because a component wasn't well mounted.
    Brake disc overheated, it didn't get the necessary air for cooling

@Motorsport Italy

Thanks for the update. At least the name Brembo wasn't the cause!! At least the spark plugs are now OK.

wow, you'd think there would be a very strict procedure to make sure (check and double check) that all brake related components are installed correctly.

I take back what I said about Seb with no luck, Thank God he was not in danger of injury. BRAKES !!

It does make me wonder whether Seb's car does actually have built-in problems, he just can't seem to get to grips with it on any circuit, the tail is wagging the horse and the brakes don't work. Not fair, but stranger things have happened!

Seb for sure won't ever accept team orders so the is car is the only way ?

Vettel has confirmed that Ferrari will have aero updates in Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb for sure won't ever accept team orders so the is car is the only way ?
    There is no point in making Charles look good by meddling with Seb's car. We are midfield now, we need all the points we can take and despite how incompetent our team looks, they couldn't possibly be that dumb.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

You can have all the aero you want its horse power ferrari need and that at present time is just not available.

Can anyone explain to me the token system??
    What we allowed to change this year and what next year ???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the token system??
    What we allowed to change this year and what next year ???
    This article does a good job explaining the current token system: https://the-race.com/formula-1/six-k...stem-answered/

It's an awful system if you ask me. It has cemented the current Mercedes dominance. In the past if one team got too good, others could spend money, develop all parts of a car, innovate, test those developments when they want, and make progress. But it's no longer possible.

But the blame should be put on Ferrari's current management. Their goal should be always about Ferrari and what's best for Ferrari and Ferrari only, not what's good for F1 or how many teams go bankrupt. That's FIA's job.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This article does a good job explaining the current token system: https://the-race.com/formula-1/six-k...stem-answered/

It's an awful system if you ask me. It has cemented the current Mercedes dominance. In the past if one team got too good, others could spend money, develop all parts of a car, innovate, test those developments when they want, and make progress. But it's no longer possible.

But the blame should be put on Ferrari's current management. Their goal should be always about Ferrari and what's best for Ferrari and Ferrari only, not what's good for F1 or how many teams go bankrupt. That's FIA's job.
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Pure Passion , are the words Homologation and Monoloque ; Greek?

Its starting to sink in for Verstappen that he will have no chance whatsoever to challenge for the entire 2021 season as well. I bet he was clinging on to naive hope that Red Bull were closing the gap. I cant blame him for being frustrated about it especially when the car is breaking down as well. Max just needs to come to terms with watching the Merc 1-2 procession without raising an eyebrow, he´ll get there eventually.
    Unfortunately for Verstappen, Hondas engine will not be a match for Mercedez until 2026 earliest if Honda is still in the sport by then of course.

The Mercs did have that 3 year advantage of developing the hybrid engine before it was introduced, and after that they have basicly kept things status quo = maintained that advantage. Except for when Ferrari cheated. So think about it, the other teams would have had to outdevelop Mercedes big time to just get even with Merc, and to actually beat them the other teams would have had to dominate Merc in the development race since 2014, and that with Merc having the highest budget along with Ferrari.

I think people are being to hard on the other teams, especially with the token system and the engines being freezed 4 of 8 years during the Mercedes dynasty. Was it reasonable to expect the other teams to dominate Mercedes in development while Mercedes were collecting all the prize money etc? I dont think so. This is not a knock on Mercedez, they just exploited the headstart they got and then kept that advantage. The problems lies only with Formula 1, who allowed this madness to go on for 8 years and maybe at worst 11 years. Since I also believe Mercedes will have the best engine until 2025 and it would take something truly sensational for them to be beaten.

The FIA seems to have realized their mistake now with the sports being so predictable and even Lewis saying its boring etc. With that in mind the FIA have begun to try and slow down Mercedez, but the FIA have built a beast in Mercedez which they cannot tame or contain at this point.
    Last edited by Lesky; 14th September 2020 at 12:36.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Well said. Totally agree.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Its starting to sink in for Verstappen that he will have no chance whatsoever to challenge for the entire 2021 season as well. I bet he was clinging on to naive hope that Red Bull were closing the gap. I cant blame him for being frustrated about it especially when the car is breaking down as well. Max just needs to come to terms with watching the Merc 1-2 procession without raising an eyebrow, he´ll get there eventually.
    Unfortunately for Verstappen, Hondas engine will not be a match for Mercedez until 2026 earliest if Honda is still in the sport by then of course.

The Mercs did have that 3 year advantage of developing the hybrid engine before it was introduced, and after that they have basicly kept things status quo = maintained that advantage. Except for when Ferrari cheated. So think about it, the other teams would have had to outdevelop Mercedes big time to just get even with Merc, and to actually beat them the other teams would have had to dominate Merc in the development race since 2014, and that with Merc having the highest budget along with Ferrari.

I think people are being to hard on the other teams, especially with the token system and the engines being freezed 4 of 8 years during the Mercedes dynasty. Was it reasonable to expect the other teams to dominate Mercedes in development while Mercedes were collecting all the prize money etc? I dont think so. This is not a knock on Mercedez, they just exploited the headstart they got and then kept that advantage. The problems lies only with Formula 1, who allowed this madness to go on for 8 years and maybe at worst 11 years. Since I also believe Mercedes will have the best engine until 2025 and it would take something truly sensational for them to be beaten.

The FIA seems to have realized their mistake now with the sports being so predictable and even Lewis saying its boring etc. With that in mind the FIA have begun to try and slow down Mercedez, but the FIA have built a beast in Mercedez which they cannot tame or contain at this point.
    It wasn't a mistake, it was by design. Merc-Hamilton dominance was always the plan.

And we can clearly see that nothing is slowing down Merc. They have plenty in the bag to continue to win by great margins, no matter what directive is thrown at them. Its all smoke and mirrors from the FIA to act like they are doing something imo.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

https://www.planetf1.com/news/italia...ction-mugello/
    Italian press continue to hammer Ferrari

https://f1i.com/news/384389-ferrari-...camilleri.html
    Ferrari 'in a hole' with no magic bullet - Camilleri

https://grandpx.news/2020-ferrari-pr...lawed-binotto/
    2020 FERRARI ‘PROJECT’ IS FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED – BINOTTO

One says “there’s no magic bullet”, other says “car is fundamentally wrong” & “we need to understand why”

Don’t know how this management will handle it. Hope these people doesn’t make ferrari a joker.

Would not trust them to build a child's play house no way no chance .All others would build it strait they would build it with a lean believing its the best way, just like the sf1000 only to realise how wrong they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Pure Passion , are the words Homologation and Monoloque ; Greek?
    Not quite sure about homologation, we use other words to express the definition of it.
    Monologue yes it comes from the greek word μονολογος witch is translate "single word/speach"
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Not quite sure about homologation, we use other words to express the definition of it.
    Monologue yes it comes from the greek word μονολογος witch is translate "single word/speach"
    Thank you ! How do you say "No team orders " in Greek? " Aroutis needs to be told by me!