Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2019 United States GP Build Up, Practice & Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I am sure Seb and Charles made mistakes and Bottas had a dreamlap
    Tyres didn’t hold up well. They were giving absolutely their best when it’s down those hundredths of difference.

So P2 and P4, pretty happy with the result. Well done to our drivers.

Q3 best sectors:
    Sector 1:
    Lec 24.518
    Vet 24.611
    Ham 24.632
    Max 24.646
    Bot 24.719

Sector 2:
    Bot 36.718
    Vet 36.765
    Ham 36.866
    Lec 36.959
    Max 36.968

Sector 3:
    Max 30.422
    Bot 30.533
    Lec 30.574
    Vet 30.648
    Ham 30.803

Ultimate lap:
    Bottas 1:31.990
    Vettel 1:32.024
    Verstappen 1:32.036
    Leclerc 1:32.051
    Hamilton 1:32.301

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So P2 and P4, pretty happy with the result. Well done to our drivers.

Q3 best sectors:
    Sector 1:
    Lec 24.518
    Vet 24.611
    Ham 24.632
    Max 24.646
    Bot 24.719

Sector 2:
    Bot 36.718
    Vet 36.765
    Ham 36.866
    Lec 36.959
    Max 36.968

Sector 3:
    Max 30.422
    Bot 30.533
    Lec 30.574
    Vet 30.648
    Ham 30.803

Ultimate lap:
    Bottas 1:31.990
    Vettel 1:32.024
    Verstappen 1:32.036
    Leclerc 1:32.051
    Hamilton 1:32.301
    Looking at S1 & S2 ferrari compared to others & S3 alone carrying more DF ??

amazing how three different cars can be so close. Honda doing pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    amazing how three different cars can be so close. Honda doing pretty good
    No, Honda is not that good, its Max is doing incredible, Albon and Gasly are nowhere near Max.

Prediction: The top 4 cover each other with pitstops, Hamilton stays out in clean in air and sails to the front. Then he will go on the radio and fear that his tires wont last and yet gently breeze to another victory, race pace Mercedes will win out in the end as they always do.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

When max does good then it’s max
    When max doesn’t do good then it’s Honda/Renault engine

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

When max does good then it’s max
    When max doesn’t do good then it’s Honda/Renault engine
    How does the Honda/Renault engine influence internal Max Vs Gasly/Albon battles? Explain that to me, thanks! Its pretty clear Max is dragging that car way above its actual performance, or Albon and Gasly is among the worst drivers on the grid.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Max vs Albon is 39-58

All for nothing butler botas he could not deliver against Lewis when it mattered most to little to late mate may be next year but I doubt it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    All for nothing butler botas he could not deliver against Lewis when it mattered most to little to late mate may be next year but I doubt it very much.
    Bottas is useless, however it’s always convenient how Hamilton’s teammates suddenly find pace when the WDC is all but wrapped up. Mercedes is evil, Toto is a liar...breadcrumbs to their peasant butler to ease the wounds from another season of “Valteri, it’s James”. Spare me the soap opera.

The only thing that can save this race is max pulling a Maldonado/Kvyat special on Hamilton. Otherwise spare me the “Hamilton is a 6 time god sky-fest” With Brundle and Crofty foaming at the mouth...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hamilton grabbing at straws Ferrari power loss.Fia directive what a load of crap.charles would have had pole by a country mile if he had no issues. Seb missed by a hair .lost pole in sector 2.Ferrari strait line speed unbeatable simple as that.Expect Ferrari to do very well Lewis should focus on the wdc and keep his opinions to him self number 1 **** stirer.

3 years in a row and Ferrari starts P2 in Austin. Past 2 years, second placed Ferrari was in the lead going into turn 1.

Lets hope for a quick jump after turn 1 and speed will get the win ,either driver OK !

Kimi knows how to win here. Is there any way we could secretly swap Seb for Kimi just for this race?

https://www.racefans.net/2019/11/03/...ive-on-engine/
    Ham

FIA race director Michael Masi admitted in yesterdays drivers briefing it was a mistake not to penalize Max Verstappen at Mexico who passed Kevin Magnussen off track during the race.

About Max

AMuS have asked Helmut Marko about their request to the FIA: "We just want clarity. Ferrari's engine lead is simply too big. The enquiry has been around for quite some time. But because we haven't heard from the FIA, we've intensified it a bit now."

RB- Helmut Marko

didn't RB-Honda set a target of 4 or 5 wins this season?
    they are missing their target so Marko is bitter.

Max vs Albon is 39-58
    Albon never beat a top 3 team guy if the other didn't have an incident(including Max). He is nowhere here, just like he was last week.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Albon never beat a top 3 team guy if the other didn't have an incident(including Max). He is nowhere here, just like he was last week.
    Yeah, but anyways, scoring more points than Max is something, and last race, with same strategy than Ham, he could won the race.
    I am just saying that he is doing good, much better than Gasly, who was a big disappointment.

This track does not suit us well as the tyre deg is way too high. RBR seemed to have found out our engine "trick" so no advantage on the straights as well. I forecast a 4 and 5 finish for us with Lewis fighting with Max for 2nd place. The butler is allowed to win as Hamster will be crowned again so everyone will be all smiles at Mercedes. On to the next one!

I'll switch off as soon as any Hamilton love-fest starts from Crofty & Co if he takes his 6th WDC today, can't bear to watch or hear it! I don't rate our chances too highly, though, but the boys did well enough in quali, I think downforce has been added reducing our engine advantage, but we'll probably get a penalty for the best engine if we should dare to win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Looking at S1 & S2 ferrari compared to others & S3 alone carrying more DF ??
    Presumably lots more. The back straight at Austin is the only significant straight so there's no point in setting the car up specifically for that one. Sochi have two very long ones, Suzuka three, Spa two, Monza four. At Interlagos basically half the lap is made up of easy-flat parts, one with an uphill acceleration and merely one corner where peak DF really plays a part (Ferradura), which suits our car a lot better compared to Austin where the car needs to be set up to something it isn't.

Also remember that S2 in Austin still includes that blind crest, which is a very high DF-corner as well as two hairpins (not ideal), so even more so, it's not even that big of a straightline sector.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Bottas is useless, however it’s always convenient how Hamilton’s teammates suddenly find pace when the WDC is all but wrapped up. Mercedes is evil, Toto is a liar...breadcrumbs to their peasant butler to ease the wounds from another season of “Valteri, it’s James”. Spare me the soap opera.

The only thing that can save this race is max pulling a Maldonado/Kvyat special on Hamilton. Otherwise spare me the “Hamilton is a 6 time god sky-fest” With Brundle and Crofty foaming at the mouth...
    Spot on, sir. Once Merc knows it doesn’t matter, they let Mr Potatohead have a couple wins. What else is he going to do? Go back to Williams and watch the race from the last row? I’m almost positive that is why Nico left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Presumably lots more. The back straight at Austin is the only significant straight so there's no point in setting the car up specifically for that one. Sochi have two very long ones, Suzuka three, Spa two, Monza four. At Interlagos basically half the lap is made up of easy-flat parts, one with an uphill acceleration and merely one corner where peak DF really plays a part (Ferradura), which suits our car a lot better compared to Austin where the car needs to be set up to something it isn't.

Also remember that S2 in Austin still includes that blind crest, which is a very high DF-corner as well as two hairpins (not ideal), so even more so, it's not even that big of a straightline sector.
    I saw Lec vs Vet last q3 lap. Lec was just down on S1, rest of the lap he was quick on corners.
    Comparing S3 times max/vet/Lec/Bottas/Ham
    Ferrari were the best after max just a tenth down. So it says that they’ve kept DF on the car to protect tyres & good race.

For this Ham & Dr.Marko are saying by that FIA directive ferrari lost power ....

It should be quite obvious that:

This...

has a lot less straightline influence than

That.

If Hammy doesn't understand that, he's dumber than I thought. Since Turn 7 at Suzuka is flat in qualifying only, then that's an additonal 500 metre virtual straight adding to the three already sizeable ones. Had 12 led straight into 16 on Austin, avoiding the double horseshoe, then that's a completely different set-up and car required and a 1-2 for us on the grid, even after having survived S1's high-speed flicks. If there's one thing this car can't, it's turning on its head for several seconds. Without the double horseshoe, our car would've been set up for a faster S2.

At Suzuka, on the other hand, Spoon to the chicane is already several hundred metres longer than Austin's back straight, straight two (start-and-finish) are roughly equal, whereas Austin doesn't have a straight three (hairpin to Spoon) even half as long and as for straight four, which is the Turn 7 in qualifying trim, just forget it. Austin's "third straight" namely the run between 10 and 11 has a high exit speed from 10, thus negating power advantages since the momentum is already up with a 200 kph + exit speed, whereas all of Suzuka's four qualifying straights launch from slow speed. On paper those tracks have some similarities, but from a straightline dependency they're miles apart.

Average pole speed:

Spa 245.90 km/h
    Suzuka 240.04 km/h
    Sochi 229.72 km/h
    Austin 215.64 km/h
    Mexico 207.21 km/h (Max)

Last year's pole in Brazil: 230.47 km/h.

So, yeah, little wonder we can get beat in qualifying in Mexico and America.

Those extra twists and turns make a huge difference for how much you can apply the power. All four tracks have at least one long straight but that's not the whole story and never has been either.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 3rd November 2019 at 15:45.

Very good bravo.

Am going to listen to this on the radio today as Sky is going to be a 100% Ham lovefest.

Forza Ferrari and come on Max, do your stuff and take out earring boy.

My fellow tifosi, does anybody have a decent link to the stream of the race other than Totalsportek? I'm not at home and that site doesn't seem to stream without major interruptions. Thanks in advance!

here are few, one is youtube, they usually work fine
    http://strims.world/live/f1base.php?source=1

here are few, one is youtube, they usually work fine
    http://strims.world/live/f1base.php?source=1
    Thanks a bunch, brother.

I think we need a talk with our wheel gun supplier.