Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Austrian GP Race

I think Vettel should have stayed on Hards, He was catching Bottas

In Canada Ham was faster on hards than Seb.

Here it was Crashtappen, the pace on hards was comprable to the Merc.

Where did Crashtappen's pace come from, his tyres were basically the same age as Ham's today.

Does shortenning the stint on the hards allow you to push that much harder? I kept on waiting for Crashtappen to hit the cliff and he didn't.

The Ross and Jean comedy hour will crawl for miles to keep there jobs nothing but a pair of shisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    In Canada Ham was faster on hards than Seb.

Here it was Crashtappen, the pace on hards was comprable to the Merc.

Where did Crashtappen's pace come from, his tyres were basically the same age as Ham's today.

Does shortenning the stint on the hards allow you to push that much harder? I kept on waiting for Crashtappen to hit the cliff and he didn't.
    I think in general it depends on DF & mechanical grip.
    On softs ferrari was faster, RB struggled
    On Hard tyres RB was faster, ferrari struggling for grip.

Guys today this result did not go our way and i feel for Leclerc but these two are going to be racing together for a long time.
    I wouldn t want to win my first race like this.
    I hope leclerc tells verstappen that spitting in the air one day or another is going come back down in is face.

It leaves the door open for if somebody leading a race if you lunge as the second place on the inside and you leave no room its okay.

By the way Verstappen tried something similar on Hamilton in Monaco.

I think Vettel should have stayed on Hards, He was catching Bottas

Yeah even I thought the same. I don’t know why Team immediately called vet into pits when max passed vettel.

Anyways will take revenge with the tracks coming up Silverstone, Hungary, Germany, Spa, Monza

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think in general it depends on DF & mechanical grip.
    On softs ferrari was faster, RB struggled
    On Hard tyres RB was faster, ferrari struggling for grip.
    not good, most of the race is on those tyres

Yeah even I thought the same. I don’t know why Team immediately called vet into pits when max passed vettel.

Anyways will take revenge with the tracks coming up Silverstone, Hungary, Germany, Spa, Monza
    i am not sure about hungary and even germany

not good, most of the race is on those tyres
    Ferrari were faster on mediums In Canada too.
    Mediums were available in this race too, by judging top teams struggle on mediums ferrari did back off might be

i am not sure about hungary and even germany

Hungary is abt PU.

Hungary is abt PU.
    I hope. Today's performance is actually encouraging, especially for tracks that I was previously ruling out. If they can figure out the harder tyres, we're gold.

I hope. Today's performance is actually encouraging, especially for tracks that I was previously ruling out. If they can figure out the harder tyres, we're gold.
    It’s been years, ferrari can’t figure out the pace on hard tyres.
    Mercs by far the team to be quick on hard tyres. But this year with DF they carry, they are fastest on any kind of tyre given the track layouts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Garbage decision by Garbage FIA. What if there was a wall instead of run off ? Should Max have smashed Leclerc into the wall and all was ok ?
    Only if Max wanted to do a Schumy move with a wall there. Max is not up there yet, he's still young. Glad Charles was not in any way hurt, except the losing part. Only Lewis can keep 1st. place with the likes of Max close by in second. Charles is doing great so far. Given time he will be #1 @ Ferrari, if they let him. Why isn't everyone here cheering Seb for finishing ahead of Lewis? That was supposed to be impossible ! And another "No Pole " needed win for Max!
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th June 2019 at 20:34.

It boils down to MB turning down their engines to allow the rest of the losers (Ferrari and RBR) to have a little participation for the sake of keeping this moribund sport still alive.

If the MB boys were allowed to stretch their legs, it would have been another 1-2 and the Crashtappen incident wouldn’t be such big headline news as it was today. The RB is and has been very capable of beating SF. Nothing new there.

Anyway, MB and their boys have the championship pretty much in the bag. Today’s results were ‘pour la galerie’ as they say. Don’t be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why waste time and resources when the FIA will guaranteed not overturn the decision? It’s written in stone tifosi, the FIA and liberty, partnered with Merc and Pirelli are re-writing the history books to remove Ferrari completely. Thus, Ferrari losing its special bonus and veto.
    FIA and Liberty Media are super concerned with public perception. Start dragging them through the mud. Accusing them of bias. File civil legal actions against them. Ferrari might be sucking, but they still have clout in the motorsports world due to a time, long ago, when they were good. Once the optics turn bad for FIA/Liberty they will start to change things. Boycott races. Just don't show up to Monza and tell the fans that it is because of the FIA. Cause a fan revolt. Drop in ticker sales.

One of the reasons we are in the mess we are in with tires now is because 7 of the 10 teams refused to race at the US GP in 2005. Cause enough of a stink in sport and you can get things changed. If you can't do it through diplomacy, do it through violence of action.

I believe Lewis wanted to win. All WDCs are needed to reach GOAT and stay there a while. Merc the team may well be in on some other thoughts thinking they already have the WCC in the bag.

Entertaining race, but I find it very hard to believe this sudden drop in pace from Mercedes for no apparent reason specially after the meeting where some teams were asking to change the tyres, I think they were just putting on a show to try and conserve their enormous advantage

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Entertaining race, but I find it very hard to believe this sudden drop in pace from Mercedes for no apparent reason specially after the meeting where some teams were asking to change the tyres, I think they were just putting on a show to try and conserve their enormous advantage
    They was running on low engine modes due to the heat

Ferrari were faster on mediums In Canada too.
    Mediums were available in this race too, by judging top teams struggle on mediums ferrari did back off might be
    Mediums in Canada were C3 compound, in Austria medium were C4 they are not the same, C4 is a softer tyre. Link kind of explains it, soft at Silverstone is same as medium at Austria for example.

https://www.pitpass.com/64673/Pirelli-reveals-British-GP-tyre-compounds
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mediums in Canada were C3 compound, in Austria medium were C4 they are not the same, C4 is a softer tyre. Link kind of explains it, soft at Silverstone is same as medium at Austria for example.

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

But it’s the same strip or colour right ???

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.f...iyxOF5DK2.html

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.f...pz3iiFtIj.html

So u mean in Austria Softs are one step softer like Ultrasofts???

Hmm I have just had a thought the Mercedes boys didnt put up a fight today because they wanted max to get a win before
    Hungary.
    I doubt Lewis would want max in the team two of a kind.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Hmm I have just had a thought the Mercedes boys didnt put up a fight today because they wanted max to get a win before
    Hungary.
    I doubt Lewis would want max in the team two of a kind.
    sounds like a good theory, but Mercs did had a real problems here with corners, that is where Ham did get his front wing damaged and he was actually P2 in quali, so it looks like they did try to win, but without success, also Bottas did say something about PU overheating problems so he was forced just to cruise hole race

Where is Ferrari's president??? The guy appears to be completely MIA compared to Luca and Sergio.

Disappointed Since 2010

If they called it on Seb, they should have called it on Max. Terrible, terrible officiating.

Charles is top notch. I admire his skill and bravery.

Again we botched a stop, and arguably 3rd for Seb.

Yes. Only 3 color strips are used (Red - Soft, Yellow - Medium, White - Hard) but choices for each span a range of 5 tyres: C1 to C5, with C1 being the hardest. You are better served forgetting last year's designations.

We should rehire that Japanese guy from Bridgestone. Maybe he could solve this tire problem we encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    We should rehire that Japanese guy from Bridgestone. Maybe he could solve this tire problem we encounter.
    he never helped us last time around he was at Ferrari.....we always seemed to have issues with the hardest compounds of tires
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari president to busy counting billions of dollars from record Ferrari rd car sales massive profits.Here is a fact Ferrari make more profit in the sale of a Ferrari than any other high end manufacturer example 3 porche sales profits = One Ferrari that's why he is busy.