Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Race

Question: Why did Seb come back out for the podium?

What penalty could he have incurred? Surely they could not black flag him, race was over.

Take away his 2nd place? Who cares, "if you ain't first, you're last". The championship was lost several races ago. Who cares about a 2nd place.

A monetary fine for him or Ferrari? I'm sure he can afford it.

I was most disappointed that he came back out. He acted like a gentlemen, but I don't think he should have come back out. Personally, I feel he should have blasted the stewards and FIA as biased. Make a public spectacle (more than it already was) of it. Drag them through the mud as much as possible. They are already on team Lewis, so who gives a crap.

Everyone please look into the following video.You can see why the penalty is absurd?.Watch Vettel's steering wheel.He did saved the car and he accelerated only after rejoining the track.https://youtu.be/gqhX-ZzPhzo

https://www.planetf1.com/features/ca...s-sad-decline/

I will always be a Ferrari fan but sadly I have turned off F1 for a few years now. And yesterday was a good example of why. I think the sport is no longer that and its just a farce. I had a couple of colleagues that got into the sport this year due to the Netflix show but they too have made the same conclusions.

I have secretly hopped that Ferrari would move to a different race and I can go back to watching and enjoying them again.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    All this happend in a split of a second. Seb just did what every experienced driver would do. Correct the car and make it to the path. To tell me that he had time to steer it correctly, avoid the collision with wall and deliberatelly block diva, one has to be dilussional!!!
    This was just blatand and brutal robbery!!!
    Brought it back to the point Stefa

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    Everyone please look into the following video.You can see why the penalty is absurd?.Watch Vettel's steering wheel.He did saved the car and he accelerated only after rejoining the track.https://youtu.be/gqhX-ZzPhzo
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...--nico-rosberg

The first ex racer who thinks so... and probably the last.

All this happend in a split of a second. Seb just did what every experienced driver would do. Correct the car and make it to the path. To tell me that he had time to steer it correctly, avoid the collision with wall and deliberatelly block diva, one has to be dilussional!!!
    +1
    Forza Ferrari

Headstart on new engine rules
    Secret tyres test
    New tyres that benefit only them
    FIA extremely biased on their drivers. And not only that, they even install Hardware devices on our cars when we have the edge..

Fair sport overall.

They’re criminals who are ruining a once great sport.

Disappointed Since 2010

You want to read something that will really make you mad? Read the stewards reasoning for giving Vettel the penalty.

But while it is clear from on board footage that Vettel was battling to control his car as he bounced off the grass onto the circuit again, it is understood that the stewards' decision was based on Vettel's actions at the point he had effectively recovered from the incident.

The stewards examined slow motion footage of Vettel's actions from the moment that he had regained control and started steering his car - and felt the evidence showed that he could have made different choices that would have been within the rules.

The footage clearly captures Vettel correcting an oversteer moment as he rejoins the track - which is shown by a sharp steering wheel movement to the right.

Shortly after that, Vettel has sorted the oversteer and begins steering to the left to follow the direction of the circuit - suggesting he is now under control.

But a split moment later, rather than keeping to the left, Vettel is shown to release the steering wheel - which allows his car to drift to the right, cutting off the route that Hamilton would have taken had he had clear space. The movement to straighten the wheel, which put the Ferrari into the path of Hamilton's Mercedes, is believed to be key to the unanimous decision by the stewards to punish Vettel.

The stewards also used an extra CCTV camera view of the incident, which was not broadcast on the international television feed, showing Vettel moving his head and looking in the mirrors to see Hamilton was during the moments when he was releasing the wheel to the right.

On board footage of the Vettel incident also shows his head turning towards the mirrors in the moment when he is drifting out - suggesting he knew where Hamilton was. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...nalty-decision
    So, they are saying they punished Vettel for what he did AFTER he was back in control of the car. He had came back onto the track without causing a collision or hindering another driver, so therefore he did not re-enter the track in an unsafe manner. He regained control, made a move to prevent Hamilton from overtaking, and that is what he was punished for, not unsafe re-entry.

It's just totally ridiculous and obvious the call was such crap that stewards can't explain it.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    You want to read something that will really make you mad? Read the stewards reasoning for giving Vettel the penalty.

So, they are saying they punished Vettel for what he did AFTER he was back in control of the car. He had came back onto the track without causing a collision or hindering another driver, so therefore he did not re-enter the track in an unsafe manner. He regained control, made a move to prevent Hamilton from overtaking, and that is what he was punished for, not unsafe re-entry.

It's just totally ridiculous and obvious the call was such crap that stewards can't explain it.
    This is pure BS and we all know it. Why even bother with the rest of races? Why not handle now trophy to LH and Mercedes and finish with this farce?!

Exactly!

At least back in Schumi's days, they wouldn't hand out penalties like this and we would watch nice one off battles. This Mercedes domination is disgusting. The worst of all time.

Time for one hit wonder boy rosberg to disappear what an annoying tool a little crawler manovering himself into some role at fia or mercedes.Has no problem stabbing vetal in the back continually I would love to see that fly by nighter racing now go away nico .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Time for one hit wonder boy rosberg to disappear what an annoying tool a little crawler manovering himself into some role at fia or mercedes.Has no problem stabbing vetal in the back continually I would love to see that fly by nighter racing now go away nico .
    Well said, and from one German to another, what a crawler indeed. Maybe it's time for Ferrari to stage a protest at the pro-Merc/Lewis FIA and Liberty by withdrawing from this championship on the grounds of unfair stewardship by all parties.

I saw Button being critical towards the penalty though. Great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    At least back in Schumi's days, they wouldn't hand out penalties like this and we would watch nice one off battles. This Mercedes domination is disgusting. The worst of all time.
    Your forgetting 1997 when Schumy was disqualified from the drivers championsip.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Your forgetting 1997 when Schumy was disqualified from the drivers championsip.
    I was talking about Ferrari's domination from 1999 - 2004 or 2000 - 2004 when Michael was champion 5 times in a row. And Schumi probably deserved that DQ in 1997. Can't be compared to Seb's penalty

From now on drivers will be driving on eggshells. Racing will be more calculated. The risk of a very harsh penalty is always around the corner. I remember in the past Hamilton was collecting more reprimands than penalties. So when did those get out of fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Headstart on new engine rules
    Secret tyres test
    New tyres that benefit only them
    FIA extremely biased on their drivers. And not only that, they even install Hardware devices on our cars when we have the edge..

Fair sport overall.
    Do not forget Ross Brawn's role. I think (warning: conspiracy theory) there was a long term plan, assisted by Bernie and Brawn to help Merc.
    Probably getting Pirelli onboard was the first step.
    Probably Brawn promised a scheme like domination to get Ham from McL.
    Probably it will end when Ham won against all the records of Schumi.
    Who knows.

This domination is without precedent, not only in the f1 but probably in all the motor sports.
    Otherwise very skilled competitors became kind if dumb, all of them, it means this.

I just do not buy it.

Ferrari have put up a flag in Maranello for Sebastian Vettel's victory in Montreal .
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8to70fX...g&name=900x900

https://youtu.be/Bcu-bp4jVYI

Canada GP best radio messages.

Well Steiner seems to be more aggressive

Kimi as always

Those mercedes twits went to bed with every f1 mole 2 years before any one else armed with every piece of artillery to dominate the sport.Mercedes were hand fed like the babies they are from external sources .The rules need a shake up big time at arms length from all the devils advocates involved in f1.One thing is for sure liberty purchased a lemon as if Bernie would sell them a growing asset.Once the mercedes plan was hatched and made bullet proof Bernie said good bye$$$$$ with others.

Why is Vettel incapable of not making errors when Hamilton is around? Its like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Why is Vettel incapable of not making errors when Hamilton is around? Its like clockwork.
    I saw Hamilton locking up at least 3 times behind vettel and loosing at least 1 second each time, vettel was in a slower car trying to keep a faster car behind at all costs he had oversteer into the chicane and recovered brilliantly and was even able to keep the position, só don’t start with that ********, if F1 was still a sport and racing was allowed it would have been a fantastic weekend by vettel he drove brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari have put up a flag in Maranello for Sebastian Vettel's victory in Montreal .
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8to70fX...g&name=900x900
    Good on them. after all they are the rightful winners. .

Forza Jules

Formula 1 needs a better more consistent standard of stewarding! Hamilton has been guilty of a similar incident on more than one occasion imo and escaped any form of penalty

Why can't FIA train a group of stewards properly and give them a permanent position so we get consistency at each race?
    Last edited by racingbradley; 10th June 2019 at 22:28.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Question: Why did Seb come back out for the podium?

What penalty could he have incurred? Surely they could not black flag him, race was over.

Take away his 2nd place? Who cares, "if you ain't first, you're last". The championship was lost several races ago. Who cares about a 2nd place.

A monetary fine for him or Ferrari? I'm sure he can afford it.

I was most disappointed that he came back out. He acted like a gentlemen, but I don't think he should have come back out. Personally, I feel he should have blasted the stewards and FIA as biased. Make a public spectacle (more than it already was) of it. Drag them through the mud as much as possible. They are already on team Lewis, so who gives a crap.
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Formula 1 needs a better more consistent standard of stewarding! Hamilton has been guilty of a similar incident on more than one occasion imo and escaped any form of penalty

Why can't FIA train a group of stewards properly and give them a permanent position so we get consistency at each race?
    Verstappen too ... Fia loves anyone not Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking when I kept reading Ed HArley's debating why the penalty was acceptable. If the stewards deem Vettel was in control of his car when he was defending from Hamilton who had to go off track with all 4 wheels to make the pass, then isn't that just defending your position? I thought that was allowed, and overtaking off track not allowed. And It's not like there was a lot of run off area on that corner, I don't think Vettel had much decision on where his car was going to come back onto the track.
    Pretty pathetic really.