Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Australian GP : Race

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    my fear about all these comments is simply that ... "Ferrari did not try to get fastest lap" aargh....
    moan, moan....

I ask simply... WHAT IF.... they did pit Charles, and the rear right tyre stuck, and he lost 5 seconds, enough for Kevin to overtake him on track....
    what moans and groans would you have put up?

Charles got 10 points, the possibility of him ending up with 11 were slim in light of the general issues Ferrari had, and a REALLY good chance he could simply end up with 8 points..... (basically Ferrari did the ONLY correct decision here.)

in my humble opinion of course.
    He had a 30 second lead, and even in the off chance that Magnussen happened to overtake him, the Ferrari would have overpowered the Haas with fresher tires. By all means, feel free to be complacent and defend mediocrity, because that's what was displayed in Melbourne. I hold the team to a higher standard.
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 19th March 2019 at 13:55.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    The men from Maranello had already realized in free practice that Ferrari should have played a weekend in defense. Mistakes were made at home and there was no way to fix them on the track. The lesson is served and in Bahrain the SF90 will return to be that of Barcelona ...

The SF90 looks like a machine that we could call pitch-sensivity: perfect on a mantle that is a billiard table, while it suffers on bumps if the suspensions do not absorb the roughness of the asphalt. And then there would have been momentary losses of load and adherence that are not measured in the simulator and attempts to remedy them with set-up modifications have not helped anything, or almost ...
    The Ferrari's front suspension is more conservative than the Mercedes which has more chances of adjustment and set-up. In Bahrain the Red will find a more uniform background so this problem should disappear completely, finding on the track the downforce values ​​seen in the wind tunnel.
    And in Maranello, moreover, they focused more on aerodynamic exaggeration with the mouths of very small radiators and very streamlined bellies to have little resistance to advancement and, therefore, good top speeds.
    Judging by the images we collected from Melbourne, Ferrari presented itself in Australia with the most closed aerodynamic configuration of all, trusting in the extreme cooling system that was designed specifically to give aerodynamic advantages.
    If Mercedes has maintained limited outlets at the rear of the sides, such as the Rossa, the W10 was more open on the sides of the passenger compartment than the Ferrari: in addition to the increased Esse-shaped grip behind the Halo anchoring to the body, they are look at the three gills on the sides of the passenger compartment which had a larger vent than usual in the rear, photo below.
    Perhaps the Scuderia technicians have decided for the first GP a machine that is too closed, which may have triggered temperature problems on certain components of the power unit. And not being able to risk an engine on its debut, technicians have done well to contain the risks on the power unit, adopting conservative maps that have led to the renouncement of some horses.
    The sum of the two problems may have caused Ferrari's disappointing performance in Melbourne, but in Bahrain the music should be completely different because the SF90 will be adequately prepared for the heat of the Emirates with a configuration designed for desert temperatures. So you turn the page and look at the future

Not looking bad.
    Yes, Bahrain should be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yes, Bahrain should be a lot better.
    yeah
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    yeah
    Thought the season was over?...

As I suspected it sounds like we got our set up completely wrong so questions asked of the team and also the simulator work. Hopefully the GP data from this weekend helps them figure out where the knowledge gap was and we can come to race weekends on a better footing. That being said Aus is just one of those tracks so maybe this issue will not rear its head again.

Either way eagerly awaiting FP for Bahrain and hopefully we are more competitive.

Forza Ferrari!

So it seems the main issue, among others, was the SF90 was packaged too tight given the heat at Melbourne when compared to testing. That's probably why the Scuderia went into SAFE mode as it was "lacking power".
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So it seems the main issue, among others, was the SF90 was packaged too tight given the heat at Melbourne when compared to testing. That's probably why the Scuderia went into SAFE mode as it was "lacking power".
    Yeah, and I also heard that because of that they were running the engines a lot richer in order to keep the engine temps down

But, did they NOT notice that the engines were getting hotter in FP? If so one would think that right then and there they would do something about opening up the engine cover a bit. I mean common Ferrari it’s a no brainer
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, and I also heard that because of that they were running the engines a lot richer in order to keep the engine temps down

But, did they NOT notice that the engines were getting hotter in FP? If so one would think that right then and there they would do something about opening up the engine cover a bit. I mean common Ferrari it’s a no brainer
    lol yeah plus its like they didnt fix anything after testing, so much unreliability and then they brought this new cover, which keeps the PU even hotter, but i think it helps with slight aero so thats atleast something good, that it had a purpose

bahrain supposed to be much much hotter, i wonder what solution we will use, i wish we had perfected the merc rim like solutions for getting tyres to stay in better temps like rb and merc have now.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

It is evident that Seb's Ferrari had to reduce its pace from a certain moment of the race, but to avoid what?

Without wishing to take into consideration the maximum speed at Pierre Gasly's speed trap with Red Bull that has long been in the wake of Daniil Kvyat's Toro Rosso (the Frenchman at Albert Park touched 321.9 km / h!) Can be interesting to compare the speed of Valtteri Bottas (who made a solitary race) with that of Vettel.

The silver arrow reached 311.4 km / h, while the German Red did not exceed 303.7 km / h and Charles Leclerc, probably more aerodynamically loaded, stopped at 297.4 km / h. In short, the 7.7 km / h taken by Vettel at the speed trap should make us think.

Mattia Binotto, speaking with journalists in the post-GP, said that "... we did not find the grip we expected and when you are in these conditions you find it hard to turn, and you don't go out as you should on the right".

The set-up problems were evident: the SF90 that had amazed Vettel on the first day of testing in Barcelona, ​​became Melbourne in a tough and unpredictable car on the gibbous asphalt of the semi-city circuit.

The SF90 looks like a machine that we could call pitch-sensivity: perfect on a mantle that is a billiard table, while it suffers on bumps if the suspensions do not absorb the roughness of the asphalt. And then there would have been momentary losses of load and adherence that are not measured in the simulator and attempts to remedy them with set-up modifications have not helped anything, or almost

The Ferrari's front suspension is more conservative than the Mercedes which has more chances of adjustment and set-up. In Bahrain the Red will find a more uniform background so this problem should disappear completely, finding on the track the downforce values ​​seen in the wind tunnel.

Perhaps the Scuderia technicians have decided for the first GP a machine that is too closed, which may have triggered temperature problems on certain components of the power unit. And not being able to risk an engine on its debut, technicians have done well to contain the risks on the power unit, adopting conservative maps that have led to the renouncement of some horses.

but in Bahrain the music should be completely different because the SF90 will be adequately prepared for the heat of the Emirates with a configuration designed for desert temperatures. So you turn the page and look at the future

How funny & crap these RB CH & Marko are.
    At first they said ferrari are ahead & then they overtook mercs it seems. We will definetly catch ferrari too. “Our GPS data shows don’t lie”
    This was during testing ....

Now come actual race after Melbourne. “Merc playing with the field, we definetly got ahead ferrari. We will catch mercs soon” they are within our grasp.

Energy drink company .

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    The men from Maranello had already realized in free practice that Ferrari should have played a weekend in defense. Mistakes were made at home and there was no way to fix them on the track. The lesson is served and in Bahrain the SF90 will return to be that of Barcelona ...

The SF90 looks like a machine that we could call pitch-sensivity: perfect on a mantle that is a billiard table, while it suffers on bumps if the suspensions do not absorb the roughness of the asphalt. And then there would have been momentary losses of load and adherence that are not measured in the simulator and attempts to remedy them with set-up modifications have not helped anything, or almost ...
    And in Maranello, moreover, they focused more on aerodynamic exaggeration with the mouths of very small radiators and very streamlined bellies to have little resistance to advancement and, therefore, good top speeds.
    Judging by the images we collected from Melbourne, Ferrari presented itself in Australia with the most closed aerodynamic configuration of all, trusting in the extreme cooling system that was designed specifically to give aerodynamic advantages.
    If Mercedes has maintained limited outlets at the rear of the sides, such as the Rossa, the W10 was more open on the sides of the passenger compartment than the Ferrari: in addition to the increased Esse-shaped grip behind the Halo anchoring to the body, they are look at the three gills on the sides of the passenger compartment which had a larger vent than usual in the rear, photo below.
    The sum of the two problems may have caused Ferrari's disappointing performance in Melbourne, but in Bahrain the music should be completely different because the SF90 will be adequately prepared for the heat of the Emirates with a configuration designed for desert temperatures. So you turn the page and look at the future

Not looking bad.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...55468/4355468/
    This is just incompetence. I mean, they should have brought a package with a more cooling just in case. Not just stick with one. Its like an amateur thing to do. You have to be ready, just in case, not throw away points like that. Also, if they had problems with this in testing, which they did, they should have taken a little less aggressive cooling package, knowing that it will be warmer than in Barcelona. I give them no excuses. Throwing away points. Only silver lining is, Hamster did not win, only second, and only a 6 points difference, compared to a 13 points, or finishing second, behind Lewis, which would leave him 7 points behind. So, its better than finishing second behind Lewis. Just unnecessarily throwing away points.

I will say this about the cooling issue's at Melbourne. Prior to Melbourne, 2 teams picked up on this issue........guess who??.....MB and RedBull.

- MB-->prior to the race I saw pics of MB changing the cooling ducts (behind the driver). 1 pic was testing and the other pic was Melbourne. Big difference.

-RedBull--> prior to the race, they said the Honda was packaged too tight so they got to work.

lol yeah plus its like they didnt fix anything after testing, so much unreliability and then they brought this new cover, which keeps the PU even hotter, but i think it helps with slight aero so thats atleast something good, that it had a purpose
    Making things up again I see. No, there's no info that the new engine cover increased the overall temperature of PU. If you had basic knowledge, you would know thermal efficiency is one of the most important aspect of PU and engineers are always trying to improve it. Mercedes already achieved 50% thermal efficiency with their PU. And Ferrari never going to run the PU hotter willingly/deliberately, they will always try to maintain optimal operating temperature.

So stop posting fake news. There's no doubt Ferrari had problems in Australia, but I don't think general public like you or me will ever know what that problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    How funny & crap these RB CH & Marko are.
    At first they said ferrari are ahead & then they overtook mercs it seems. We will definetly catch ferrari too. “Our GPS data shows don’t lie”
    This was during testing ....

Now come actual race after Melbourne. “Merc playing with the field, we definetly got ahead ferrari. We will catch mercs soon” they are within our grasp.

Energy drink company .
    Lol i think the max fans are even worse , leclerc makes a mistake goes on the grass they were saying ah he is too young too soon, not as good as max, ferrari intentionally holding him back ... max did the same thing became a lawnmower at a more crucial time in the race and lost a good chance to get 2nd place that RB was biding time on, he is still hailed as a great.

same with lewis fanboys lol, he makes a bad start, and suddenly its shame poor lewis he had a damaged car boo hoo otherwise the result would'v been diffrerent, had that been seb or leclerc the idiots would be saying its pressure going to vettels head, he's cracking etc etc, leclerc overrated should'v stayed one more year at alfa etc etc

marko doesnt know what he is saying, the fact he didnt have a doubt about merc sandbagging shows that.

I think in bahrain ferrari will be close to redbull no doubt, much more close (if we get PU sorted out), merc is not within RB's grasp, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    This is just incompetence. I mean, they should have brought a package with a more cooling just in case. Not just stick with one. Its like an amateur thing to do. You have to be ready, just in case, not throw away points like that. Also, if they had problems with this in testing, which they did, they should have taken a little less aggressive cooling package, knowing that it will be warmer than in Barcelona. I give them no excuses. Throwing away points. Only silver lining is, Hamster did not win, only second, and only a 6 points difference, compared to a 13 points, or finishing second, behind Lewis, which would leave him 7 points behind. So, its better than finishing second behind Lewis. Just unnecessarily throwing away points.
    100%

I will say this about the cooling issue's at Melbourne. Prior to Melbourne, 2 teams picked up on this issue........guess who??.....MB and RedBull.

- MB-->prior to the race I saw pics of MB changing the cooling ducts (behind the driver). 1 pic was testing and the other pic was Melbourne. Big difference.

-RedBull--> prior to the race, they said the Honda was packaged too tight so they got to work.
    i remember the RB ones, and the honda guy saying that it was too tight, wish i saw those merc pics, did you post the pics before or saw them some place else?

Lol i think the max fans are even worse , leclerc makes a mistake goes on the grass they were saying ah he is too young too soon, not as good as max, ferrari intentionally holding him back ... max did the same thing became a lawnmower at a more crucial time in the race and lost a good chance to get 2nd place that RB was biding time on, he is still hailed as a great.

same with lewis fanboys lol, he makes a bad start, and suddenly its shame poor lewis he had a damaged car boo hoo otherwise the result would'v been diffrerent, had that been seb or leclerc the idiots would be saying its pressure going to vettels head, he's cracking etc etc, leclerc overrated should'v stayed one more year at alfa etc etc

marko doesnt know what he is saying, the fact he didnt have a doubt about merc sandbagging shows that.

I think in bahrain ferrari will be close to redbull no doubt, much more close (if we get PU sorted out), merc is not within RB's grasp, thats for sure

100%
    Max had much more experience at TR than Charles at Sauber. But still Charles qualified & finished races at 6th, 7th etc positions. We’re max couldn’t do at TR at his initial phase.
    Now when Charles moves to big team, he already showed signs of both sides good & bad.
    If u look at the start he was beside vettel & went onto the grass. If he didn’t backed off then definetly would have crashed into his teammate or vice-versa. Instead if u imagine max in that place, either FW of RB or Sidepods of ferrari would have gone for sure because max doesn’t bow down on his moves.

Charles would have been ahead of max if the move would have been sticked.

It’s not like I’m degrading max, I like his style of driving but at a times he’s over aggressive.
    Off late he’s been consistent smart enough to learn his mistakes & that’s why you can see his performance consecutive 7 podiums.

No quick fix apparently, problems not caused by overheating but rather the turbo according to this link :

https://tuttomotorsport.com/formula1...zE2wjodHSBPL9s

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i remember the RB ones, and the honda guy saying that it was too tight, wish i saw those merc pics, did you post the pics before or saw them some place else?
    trying to find them. Also looking at pics from Testing to MelbourneGP to make a comparison (easier route for me).

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max had much more experience at TR than Charles at Sauber. But still Charles qualified & finished races at 6th, 7th etc positions. We’re max couldn’t do at TR at his initial phase.
    Now when Charles moves to big team, he already showed signs of both sides good & bad.
    If u look at the start he was beside vettel & went onto the grass. If he didn’t backed off then definetly would have crashed into his teammate or vice-versa. Instead if u imagine max in that place, either FW of RB or Sidepods of ferrari would have gone for sure because max doesn’t bow down on his moves.

Charles would have been ahead of max if the move would have been sticked.

It’s not like I’m degrading max, I like his style of driving but at a times he’s over aggressive.
    Off late he’s been consistent smart enough to learn his mistakes & that’s why you can see his performance consecutive 7 podiums.
    very well said.

Leclerc is so mature lol he has wisdom beyond his age , i hope he continues with the same mentality and attitude

trying to find them. Also looking at pics from Testing to MelbourneGP to make a comparison (easier route for me).
    Got ya goodluck finding them lol, ill also see if i find anything

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    No quick fix apparently, problems not caused by overheating but rather the turbo according to this link :

That would be quite a problem, it might mean months in terms of correcting it. One more weekend like this and they will be crucified by Italian press and fans..

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post

makes sense, and its also something ferrari would hide about if asked if it was PU related, Seb asking about engine on radio, gro complaining about loss of power , kimi too, makes sense, man i cant believe if its true, that they potentially put a gp2 engine in the cars(just a Yoke), if they cant run at max or risk failure there's no benefit having a fast but extremely unreliable engine

makes sense, and its also something ferrari would hide about if asked if it was PU related, Seb asking about engine on radio, gro complaining about loss of power , kimi too, makes sense, man i cant believe if its true, that they potentially put a gp2 engine in the cars(just a Yoke), if they cant run at max or risk failure there's no benefit having a fast but extremely unreliable engine
    this reminds me of 2014, when Ferrari opted to have a "smaller" turbo.....and right form the get go, it bit them in the ***....and it was like that for the rest of hte season....of course back then, the engine development was siesed and could NOT develop even if we wanted to.....nowadays is different, is just that it TAKES TIME....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Currently all of this is tabloid speculation, nothing has been said from the team other than they expect to be back on form for Bahrain so as usual going to ignore the 'noise' from the usual suspects and gutter press and wait and see how we do in the next race. If we are again behind despite locking out the front row last year then I will be concerned that we have got something wrong. Until then I'll patiently wait.

Got ya goodluck finding them lol, ill also see if i find anything
    Got this one from Melbourne that I found. So it's the duct behind the driver, behind the AMG logo and behind the HALO support. It's larger in this pic. Now to find the testing pic which is smaller.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1mtT3jWoAAc9e-.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    this reminds me of 2014, when Ferrari opted to have a "smaller" turbo.....and right form the get go, it bit them in the ***....and it was like that for the rest of hte season....of course back then, the engine development was siesed and could NOT develop even if we wanted to.....nowadays is different, is just that it TAKES TIME....
    the sadder thing is we actually caught up or were very close to merc in terms of engine + battery power last year, the aero was poor.

i really thought the PU this year will be even stronger since we had the advantage of the two battery setup.

If they can find the fix soon, im sure we can give redbull a hard time. If it means taking penalties for one race later in the year, just do it soon so they can have a race without stressing in safe modes that the car must beable to complete a race. (lol i dont think we managed to complete a single full race sim in the second week of testing)

Got this one from Melbourne that I found. So it's the duct behind the driver, behind the AMG logo and behind the HALO support. It's larger in this pic. Now to find the testing pic which is smaller.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1mtT3jWoAAc9e-.jpg
    ahhh that one, yeah its pretty big, ferrari have also implemented that but its a lot smaller i think. thanks for the pic

ahhh that one, yeah its pretty big, ferrari have also implemented that but its a lot smaller i think. thanks for the pic
    Here's testing.....no duct on this one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0faVn4XQAAEw3G.jpg:large

here's another one during testing....different duct config.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0VMpE2X0AMEZ7b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Currently all of this is tabloid speculation, nothing has been said from the team other than they expect to be back on form for Bahrain so as usual going to ignore the 'noise' from the usual suspects and gutter press and wait and see how we do in the next race. If we are again behind despite locking out the front row last year then I will be concerned that we have got something wrong. Until then I'll patiently wait.

Australia wasn't the real reflection of SF90's true potential, no doubt about it.

Wow, Abiteboul (whatta-tool) is already throwing Danny "Avocado" under the bus.

Here's testing.....no duct on this one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0faVn4XQAAEw3G.jpg:large

here's another one during testing....different duct config.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0VMpE2X0AMEZ7b.jpg
    good pics, the second pic that duct looks huge lol, maybe they'l use it in bahrain?