Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495061 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1847

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

just found this on F1technical: https://streamable.com/193rq

Alfa C38 running a stream of winglets in the area of the W10

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0ZnPfvXgAAO3Hu.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Suspension failure? That's my guess.

explosion of a disc or tire puncture????

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Suspension failure? That's my guess.
    i would say rear suspension failure, the new hydraulic one

On Italian Omnicorse they said mechanical failiure. Most probably steering issue since tyre marks are straight.
    Last edited by WRX202; 27th February 2019 at 10:24. Reason: Correction

Ferrari is reporting that its car won't be back on track for a few hours.

since no action for a long time, here is a nice quote

Schumacher drove for Mercedes from 2010 to 2012. Could you imagine driving for Mercedes? Or would a return to Red Bull be a topic for you?

Vettel: "Neither. My target is to win with @ScuderiaFerrari."
    -sportbild
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Seb was trying merc rims when the car had its issue, if i remember leclerc had the same rims when he went off last week in the gravel
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0aKQFDXQAAqrLW.jpg

Seb was trying merc rims when the car had its issue, if i remember leclerc had the same rims when he went off last week in the gravel
    something with the left front gave; either tire puncture or suspension failure.

So they are down to the 1:17.1 mark with Sainz at 1:17.144 on the C4. Seb did a a 1:17.182 at the 2nd test last year. Difference of course being in much worse weather and on harder tyres and a thicker thread. Some teams said a few days ago that they believe the 2019 cars will be quicker than last year. I don't believe that. I don't think Ferrari's wind tunnel could be off my more than 1.5 seconds. Maybe by half of that (0.7). Guess we'll have to wait and see until the Barcelona race weekend where Lewis did a 1:16.173 in Q3. Micheal did a 1:15.022 in 2004 but on a shorter circuit.

--

Last edited by mwk360; 27th February 2019 at 11:46.

Better to have these problems during testing than during the season. On the other hand it looks like everything isn't as comfortable as last week. Leaks and mechanical failures are obviously part of F1 but I hope Ferrari are on top of the quality control regarding all parts. If you bring faulty parts from the factory they will obviously fail at the circuit when used.

Data in tests say Q differences D performance between 4 motors have decreased significantly. Freezing regulations and evolution Honda and Renault has led to the situation sought by FIA and F1

Seems we're having a bit of a reality check this week, glad Seb is OK and it's easy to make snide remarks about him crashing, let's wait to see what the actual cause was. He's probably pushing the boundaries anyway, so give him some credit.

Ferrari still trying to find the reason for Vettels crash. Some issue on front left. #AMuS
    nothing confirmed yet

This week starting the complete opposite of last week
    Because now we are actually pushing the car, rather then just going around doing laps....now we’re actually discovering the cars weaknesses
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Because now we are actually pushing the car, rather then just going around doing laps....now we’re actually discovering the cars weaknesses
    should'v done some of this tests during the hours we finished early last week , but yeah maybe its a new part in the suspension or steering that failed or just quality control failure like sparkplug

Vettel: "We've wasted time. It's not the ideal situation. After the impact the car was badly damaged. It was a heavy blow. That makes it hard to know Q is broken. The protections have fucionado perfectly "
    bad news big accident to fix and barrier damage has made it almost impossible to properly identify which part was the catalyst in the accident
    Vettel: "We're still looking for the cause of the accident. However the problem occurred in the front left side of the car "
    also

Vettel: "The relationship with Charles? Well... Surely I speak a little more with him than Kimi! Joking aside, it's settling quickly. Kimi? I see him happy. "

multiple reports about broken front left suspension

I hope we get atleast a couple of hours of testing. Does this require a PU change ?

This week starting the complete opposite of last week
    Yup, and it's just not Ferrari.

Vettel talking about his first testing impressions: "We should be doing okay. Red Bull looking strong, consistent & reliable. Alfa seems to be good too, could be a surprise this season. Mercedes difficult to judge. Some runs are looking good, others not so much." #AMuS
    RB look the best to me personally taking both weeks into account, plus through data people say Honda has massively closed the gap to ferrari and mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    multiple reports about broken front left suspension
    Vettel in an interview:

Vettel: "La sensación es q falló algo en la suspensión izquierda. Poco pudo hacer. Estamos investigando q es lo q ha podido pasar. El coche es aún bueno. Soy positivo con las sensaciones. "

[translation from me : " The sensation is that something broke on the left suspension. Not much I could do. We are investigating what was the cause. The car is great. I'm positive on how it feels."]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0adJvMWwAAzZLQ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel in an interview:

Vettel: "La sensación es q falló algo en la suspensión izquierda. Poco pudo hacer. Estamos investigando q es lo q ha podido pasar. El coche es aún bueno. Soy positivo con las sensaciones. "

[translation from me : " The sensation is that something broke on the left suspension. Not much I could do. We are investigating what was the cause. The car is great. I'm positive on how it feels."]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0adJvMWwAAzZLQ.jpg
    i hope its not a fundamental problem, that would cause big worry

Verstappen on a race simulation for Red Bull. Full pit wall, live pit stops.
    Is the new Ferrari engine so much stronger like the rumors say?

Vettel: "Yes and no. It's difficult to judge because due the higher rear wing, the drag is higher. For the engine department, the rule change is certainly not great."

#F1Testing #AMuS

AMuS wrote that the SF90 will probably not be on track this afternoon, meaning Charles will not drive today (these talks are coming from the Ferrari area).

RB look the best to me personally taking both weeks into account, plus through data people say Honda has massively closed the gap to ferrari and mercedes
    I'd rather have Ferrari and Mercedes battling it out, two real car manufacturer and not some fizzy drink company.

https://streamable.com/193rq

Video of Vettel's crash.
    Last edited by WRX202; 27th February 2019 at 13:19. Reason: Didn't realise it was already posted by S1000RR

AMuS wrote that the SF90 will probably not be on track this afternoon, meaning Charles will not drive today (these talks are coming from the Ferrari area).

Man, this is depressing. Why always us having problems. We have a good car and a fast car, and then this. I hope we can get out today.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'd rather have Ferrari and Mercedes battling it out, two real car manufacturer and not some fizzy drink company.
    Pathetic thinking there. Red Bull may be a drink company but they are also employing people who know how to build a car and they have proved it. If proper car manufactures can't build better car than Red Bull then those proper car manufactures should be ashamed of themselves.