Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1219

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Seb was asked about the rumours of*Lewis Hamilton perhaps joining Ferrari from 2021: I think he’s already a Ferrari driver. No? So no change. I think he’s a good customer. He owns more than one.

Louis, Max, Charles #1 drivers. Albon , Bottas #2 drivers. Ferrari needs to match the two #2 guys. WCC needs points ! Two ; not just one driver bringing in the points . Or else!!!

I cannot help thinking about how Bianchi and Leclerc would have looked in the same team. Team harmony and maybe hierarchy would not have been the problem. Life sometimes is just cruel..

Max no.1 driver got beaten by Bottas no.2 driver

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I cannot help thinking about how Bianchi and Leclerc would have looked in the same team. Team harmony and maybe hierarchy would not have been the problem. Life sometimes is just cruel..
    That was going to be my dream team too, sadly not to be. Very cruel in indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    The problem is that Vettel has being mentally busted the last few years. His confidence must be rock bottom.
    DOn't think they'd be getting Hulk on the basis he was faster but as a No2
    ^^^That and also the mentality that he is somehow entitled.
    Team needs to take that extra step forward and get someone next to Charles, and yes, establish a clear #1 / 2 mentality. Something like Lewis / Valtteri, Max / Albon , etc.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Louis, Max, Charles #1 drivers. Albon , Bottas #2 drivers. Ferrari needs to match the two #2 guys. WCC needs points ! Two ; not just one driver bringing in the points . Or else!!!
    Wow, we agree ... lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Seb can't catch a break. In the ongoing test, Perez hit and spun Vettel.

Perez once a Ferrari prospect, but he has proven to be a good midfield driver. Not a Ferrari driver.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Wow, we agree ... lol
    Great!! Do you think that Giovanazzi in Seb's car would be at least as good? Gio spent the whole year fighting it out . He had to learn a lot where it counts, in the mix, not just up front . From the Alpha car to Seb's car might be a great Charles #1, Gio #2 combo without the crashing into each other . And think how much salary Ferrari would save !

Gio in the Ferrari would be falling on our own sword to appease the italian masses of having an italian drive for Ferrari. He simply is no where near Ferrari Material, even as a no.2. He would need to be on the same level that Bottas and Albon.. and he is nowhere near as consistant or as good as either of those drivers

I have a feeling Seb will retire at the end of 2020 season. He now has 3 kids and the 2020 season has 22 races. He will most certainly want to spend more time at home.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Gio in the Ferrari would be falling on our own sword to appease the italian masses of having an italian drive for Ferrari. He simply is no where near Ferrari Material, even as a no.2. He would need to be on the same level that Bottas and Albon.. and he is nowhere near as consistant or as good as either of those drivers
    Neither is Gio's Alpha as consistent or as good as the Merc or R Bull Honda that those drivers have. How many times here do we read , "It's the car, not Louis " driving! " So all I'm thinking is that Gio will not try to outdo Charles at the cost of what Seb has done. Albon is great,so far . How would he be doing in Gio's car?

Lets compare Gio vs Albon First half of the season only -

Both similiar machinery(by similiar i mean not the RBR), both first season in F1.

Gio -GIO.JPG

So Giovinazzi finished above where he started in 4 races - 1 point for first half of season compared to teammate Kimi's points of 31.

Albon - ALEX.JPG

Albon finished 5 times above where he started. 16 points in first half of season compared to Dani points of 26 (would be about the same if not for the German miracle podium)

Albon has shown much more consitancy against an experienced teammate, better race craft, less crashes or spins caused by his own doing. the same cannot be said for Gio. so as far as im concerned Gio doesnt have it. If he cant cope with the pressure of Kimi, how would he cope with the italian media and Tifosi. he wouldnt last half a season

Great!! Do you think that Giovanazzi in Seb's car would be at least as good? Gio spent the whole year fighting it out . He had to learn a lot where it counts, in the mix, not just up front . From the Alpha car to Seb's car might be a great Charles #1, Gio #2 combo without the crashing into each other . And think how much salary Ferrari would save !
    Salary is the last of Ferrari's problems. However, Gio could be a good #2, I believe he would know his place if that was what management would want from him and that would give Charles peace of mind.

Maybe you're right or wrong, there were those saying Charles is a lost cause and look at him now.
    At any rate if Gio is not a good option, we could go with the likes of one of the two McLaren's drivers.

I love how any driver, from any other team is a good replacement for a 4 time WDC. We are not Torro Rosso, people tend to forget that.

Lets compare Gio vs Albon First half of the season only -

Both similiar machinery(by similiar i mean not the RBR), both first season in F1.

Gio -GIO.JPG

So Giovinazzi finished above where he started in 4 races - 1 point for first half of season compared to teammate Kimi's points of 31.

Albon - ALEX.JPG

Albon finished 5 times above where he started. 16 points in first half of season compared to Dani points of 26 (would be about the same if not for the German miracle podium)

Albon has shown much more consitancy against an experienced teammate, better race craft, less crashes or spins caused by his own doing. the same cannot be said for Gio. so as far as im concerned Gio doesnt have it. If he cant cope with the pressure of Kimi, how would he cope with the italian media and Tifosi. he wouldnt last half a season
    GIO was near the points on several occasions when either the strategy or collisions undid his work, second half was considerably better but the car went backwards. I'd stick my neck out and say he would make a different impression in a more competitive car, and there is nothing wrong with wanting an Italian driver in a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    GIO was near the points on several occasions when either the strategy or collisions undid his work, second half was considerably better but the car went backwards. I'd stick my neck out and say he would make a different impression in a more competitive car, and there is nothing wrong with wanting an Italian driver in a Ferrari.
    How I wish Haas would have dumped GRO and inducted GIO.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    For me, there is just no wow factor. He falls in the Stroll, Grojean, Gasly drivers category.. just not fast enough. I cant imagine Gio coping with the pressure of Ferrari. The same thing that happened to Gasly would happen to him. And im not saying for one minute i wouldn't want to see an Italian in a Ferrari, Hell that is the absolute dream! But i don't want him in the Ferrari simply because he's an Italian. He needs to earn it on Merit. Same as Mike Schumacher. You need a second driver bringing the car home, being a threat to your rivals, and dealing with the pressure cooker environment that is Ferrari, if you cant keep up, youll crumble like Gasly. Important to note that RBR could have secured second in the championship if they had someone abit better from the start of the season. and we dont want to be in the same situation, changing drivers half way through, losing points and finishing 30-60 seconds behind Charles and being absolutely no help fighting the front rivals

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I love how any driver, from any other team is a good replacement for a 4 time WDC. We are not Torro Rosso, people tend to forget that.
    Well did you not predict Leclerc would fail? and he just beat that 4 time WDC....times change and drivers don't remain at the same level.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles came in 2nd after an early end to his testing, 2 hrs. and 103 laps Charles is now off until Feb 17th. I'm sure he can well use the break.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    And? past achievements aren't everything. As a team, Ferrari, by far, are the most successful in F1. But it doesn't mean that, they're better than Mercedes right now.

The only way Gio can get the second Ferrari seat is him being Italian. Interms talent or raw speed, there're far better prospects out there than Gio.

And speaking of the second seat, I'm more interested in next year's F2 and how well R. Shwartzman would perfrom. I consider Shwartzman to be pretty talented, and if he manages to dominate next years F2, as Leclerc did in 2017, then I think it settles the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well did you not predict Leclerc would fail? and he just beat that 4 time WDC....times change and drivers don't remain at the same level.
    I was afraid he was not ready. He showed the quality for a future WDC, and I said this then. He was an unknown current quality, just been against Ericsson. The names mentioned here, are not unknown quality, they have been beaten by an average midfield driver just last year(Sainz), or have been beaten by a guy beaten by an average midfield driver(Norris). Gio has been easily beaten by a 40 year old. There are good drivers available, of proven quality, like Ricciardo, but we don't speak about those.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The only way Gio can get the second Ferrari seat is him being Italian. Interms talent or raw speed, there're far better prospects out there than Gio.

And speaking of the second seat, I'm more interested in next year's F2 and how well R. Shwartzman would perfrom. I consider Shwartzman to be pretty talented, and if he manages to dominate next years F2, as Leclerc did in 2017, then I think it settles the matter.
    Louis in Gio's car and Gio in Louis car , Gio would be a winner. Given the opportunity Max got to out race and get rid of Dan; who was not a rookie. Seb given the opportunity @ Ferrari in their #1 seat ? Oh well that didn't work out even with 4WDCs. As so many fans agree here, it's the car not the driver. Seb was the exception. I guess he had the car @ R Bull . Charles did a Dan on him. Anyway Gio wants to be with Ferrari big time. I'm sure he will behave, which is a big must due, if you drive for Ferrari. No messing with the #1 driver.

oh dear, depending on your point of view.....
    is this Red bull slumming .....
    or Boris applying for a brexit job?....
    boris_redBull.jpg

For me, there is just no wow factor. He falls in the Stroll, Grojean, Gasly drivers category.. just not fast enough. I cant imagine Gio coping with the pressure of Ferrari. The same thing that happened to Gasly would happen to him. And im not saying for one minute i wouldn't want to see an Italian in a Ferrari, Hell that is the absolute dream! But i don't want him in the Ferrari simply because he's an Italian. He needs to earn it on Merit. Same as Mike Schumacher. You need a second driver bringing the car home, being a threat to your rivals, and dealing with the pressure cooker environment that is Ferrari, if you cant keep up, youll crumble like Gasly. Important to note that RBR could have secured second in the championship if they had someone abit better from the start of the season. and we dont want to be in the same situation, changing drivers half way through, losing points and finishing 30-60 seconds behind Charles and being absolutely no help fighting the front rivals
    I profusely disagree, Gio is way better than Stroll.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I profusely disagree, Gio is way better than Stroll.
    so you reakon Gio would do a better job against Perez than Stroll? i rate you'd get the same outcome at the end of the day..

Louis in Gio's car and Gio in Louis car , Gio would be a winner. Given the opportunity Max got to out race and get rid of Dan; who was not a rookie. Seb given the opportunity @ Ferrari in their #1 seat ? Oh well that didn't work out even with 4WDCs. As so many fans agree here, it's the car not the driver. Seb was the exception. I guess he had the car @ R Bull . Charles did a Dan on him. Anyway Gio wants to be with Ferrari big time. I'm sure he will behave, which is a big must due, if you drive for Ferrari. No messing with the #1 driver.
    Saying a lot without saying anything.