Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1312

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Not really if you remember how much quicker the RB was everywhere. The wins were mostly due to reliability / pit stop blunders or team battles.
    Don't forget Turkey 2010. You are right, Alonso was outdriving the Ferrari especially in 2012. the RB drivers either tripping over each other or reliability

I wonder what you will write when Vettel again crashes in Singapore on the first lap. He is just a clown. He does not deserve to drive in Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well Alonso was leading 2012, if i recall correctly his season started going downhill when he was taken out by that psycho Grosjean. So for me Seb was definitely fighting Alonso as well as his team mate.
    The Red Bull had 7 wins that season, the Ferrari 3.

McLaren was probably the fastest car but unreliable as they bagged 7 wins aswell. Alonso's driving made the difference that year as you just had to look at Massa in relation to the 2 Red Bulls and McLaren

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    I wonder what you will write when Vettel again crashes in Singapore on the first lap. He is just a clown. He does not deserve to drive in Ferrari.
    I won't be surprised if he dnf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...two-years.html
    Last edited by zike; 4th September 2018 at 17:56.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    if Seb DNFs, hopefully it will be in a collision that also takes out Ham and the butler, and Kimi wins the race making Ferrari and Merc equal in WCC

Sad day when people get F1 news from the daily mail LOL seriously LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Races-Podiums
    1 Michael Schumacher 306 155
    2 Lewis Hamilton 222 128
    3 Sebastian Vettel 212 107
    4 Alain Prost 198 106
    5 Kimi Räikkönen 285 100

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sad day when people get F1 news from the daily mail LOL seriously LOL
    Never mind, Daily, Gazatta.....its simple math, without this year brain farts Seb would be leading by 50 points

Never mind, Daily, Gazatta.....its simple math, without this year brain farts Seb would be leading by 50 points
    The daily mail article is an absolute joke, they even have the China gp of this year as one of those supposed mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    The daily mail article is an absolute joke, they even have the China gp of this year as one of those supposed mistakes
    no but in all seriousness, if Seb would have had a cooler head and not try to WIN the race in lap ONE, as mentioned above he woulld have lead the WDC by at least 50 points....maybe more

i am in NO WAY a fan of Hamster as i dislike him to pieces....but he's been driving like a true champion this year, and he knows when to back out or settle for less points if he sees his car is no match for Ferrari, as it's been in Spa or other races this year

having said that, i hope Seb can overcome his style and eagerness to WIN the race on lap one and go into race day with a much cooler head.....because that will no doubt help him win the WDC.....cause heck we all know Kimi won't do any of that especially now that he knows he ain't got a drive at Ferrari come 2019
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

And you dont deserve to be on this forum...
    Cant you guys stop all the hate of our drivers please, its getting very boring right now, I really hate this bashing, because it wont change a think. Yes Hamilton might be a better driver than Seb, but it is nothing to be ashamed off, because Hamilton is the best driver of the generation, end of the story. Sebs raw speed is really amazing when he is on it, his overtaking are also very good. His main weakness are his starts, he is very clumpsy there I agree, but this started in 2015, because from 2008-2014 he was much better in first laps. His race pace is amazing and might be better than Lewis, under high pressure he makes more mistakes as Lewis, but I think he still have a proper chance to improve in that, I am confident that he will, maybe not this year, but sooner of latter he will learn. Just calm down, and enjoy F1 at its peak.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 4th September 2018 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Noup.
    ---------------------

FINAL VERDICT

Not everyone is perfect. Even four-time world champions have their flaws and can be allowed the odd mistake. But Vettel has made simply too many over the last year and it has cost him and Ferrari dearly.

Vettel's 2017 errors led to him conceding 45 points but not the world championship. However, in 2018, and just counting incidents where he has been entirely at fault, takes a points swing towards Hamilton of a mammoth 80 points.

Nobody is beyond fair criticism, but calling our driver a clown is over the top. He won four championships. Have some respect.

Disappointed Since 2010

And what if somehow he wins the championship. What will you say then? Vettel deserves criticism but we also want him to succeed.

But you seem to downright hate Vettel so there is no point aguing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Won't matter, Jean Todt never ran a F1 team either before he came to Ferrari.
    True, but then again, JT had Ross Brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    ^this....and along with Schumi, they were the dream team......oh the memories, those were the days
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Todt joined 93, Brawn late 96 along with many others.
    Forza Ferrari

The only way of moving forward is to leave the last race behind. But if it's true that Ferrari told Kimi he's out and the end of the season prior to Monza then they have shot themselves in the foot way worse than the result at Monza. If there now is going to be turmoil inside the team then the season is over for sure. There are basicly two scenarios then. Kimi will now be demoralized like Felipe became after Germany 2010 or he will drive for himself and not move over for Seb even if ordered. That shouldn't affect the WCC but Seb's chance of the WDC for sure. Pretty stupid if true.

Anyway, Ferrari have to treat every race weekend from now as a World Cup final. Like it's the last "game" of the tournament. And then do the same six more times. There can be no calculations and "what if" scenarios. But if there is a rift inside the team it will obviously be hard. I've always questioned the MO of announcing things around Monza. Every season is different and you have to treat it like that. Like they couldn't wait a few more weeks. Hope it's not true.

Ferrari have loaded up big time on the hypersofts for Singapore. More than Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by sosic2121 post_id=791206 time=1535960041 user_id=35770
    Quote Originally Posted by f1316 post_id=791121 time=1535924947 user_id=13707
    For all that the drivers played their part - and I do think Hamilton is driving very well, taking his chances, whereas Seb is too often taking unnecessary risks - Ferrari really are to blame for how they’re not maximising team decisions this year; everyone says they favour their lead driver anyway, but they actually fail to do so effectively time and again this year, with the evidence once again shown today that Kimi just isn’t capable of leading the Ferrari charge against Hamilton.

Martin Brundle says it best:

“Martin Brundle: "I think Ferrari blew it yesterday because they should have slipstreamed Vettel on to pole. Mercedes have already shown they are prepared to play the team game back in Hockenheim, and again today. It should have been Vettel on pole and Raikkonen defending him, they had it covered.

"I can't help but feel they are throwing it away at Ferrari.

"If we go back to Hockenheim they really could have let Vettel past Raikkonen then as well."
    +1

Seb has been making small mistakes throughout the weekend, during FP his fastest laps often came on the 5th or 6th lap due to small mistakes. He was not completely comfortable. He could have used Lewis as a slipstream. But it would not have mattered because Seb did not do a good lap in his final run, he actually admitted it himself. Kimi has looked fast in qualifying for the past few races, but he was stuck in traffic and ran out of fuel. Kimi did a clean precise lap in his last run, giving Seb a slipstream would not have changed that.

Ferrari have loaded up big time on the hypersofts for Singapore. More than Mercedes.
    Mercs tends to struggle on Softest tyres. Let’s c how it goes. But it’s vet vs RB for now.

Monza , "Italia!" was supposed to be a Ferrari win. I can only imagine how Felipe felt having to interview Lewis as the winner! It's not over yet, Ferrari is still in it for sure!

Our Lewis can do no wrong, he is a miracle worker in a sub par Mercedes don't cha know?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^this....and along with Schumi, they were the dream team......oh the memories, those were the days
    just thinking about how well oiled machine that team was makes me sad, imagine if rubens or Eddie started impeding Michael anytime he was ahead, or if Brawn and todt got stepped on by the fia and screwed every strategy up like is happening now.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Our Lewis can do no wrong, he is a miracle worker in a sub par Mercedes don't cha know?
    that mercedes is almost as quick as the williams, im surprised they can get it out of Q1
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    The only way of moving forward is to leave the last race behind. But if it's true that Ferrari told Kimi he's out and the end of the season prior to Monza then they have shot themselves in the foot way worse than the result at Monza. If there now is going to be turmoil inside the team then the season is over for sure. There are basicly two scenarios then. Kimi will now be demoralized like Felipe became after Germany 2010 or he will drive for himself and not move over for Seb even if ordered. That shouldn't affect the WCC but Seb's chance of the WDC for sure. Pretty stupid if true.

Anyway, Ferrari have to treat every race weekend from now as a World Cup final. Like it's the last "game" of the tournament. And then do the same six more times. There can be no calculations and "what if" scenarios. But if there is a rift inside the team it will obviously be hard. I've always questioned the MO of announcing things around Monza. Every season is different and you have to treat it like that. Like they couldn't wait a few more weeks. Hope it's not true.
    I like this way of thinking,but sadly seems the highups at ferrari think keeping both guys feelings happy and letting them take points of each other is more important than scraping for every advantage gainst the opposition right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    just thinking about how well oiled machine that team was makes me sad, imagine if rubens or Eddie started impeding Michael anytime he was ahead, or if Brawn and todt got stepped on by the fia and screwed every strategy up like is happening now.
    The team now is "Well oiled" It's Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The team now is "Well oiled" It's Seb
    quite clearly the opposite, binotto is the only thing working with rusty cogs

quite clearly the opposite, binotto is the only thing working with rusty cogs
    Was is 2016 or 2017, rumouts of a power struggle between Binotto and MA?

I am pretty sure Michael would have made through the first 3-4 corners.