Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: RACE

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    The Devil looks after his own...
    i was gonna say... i'm beginning to think his luck is supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    2016 - Ferrari were operationally sound
    2018 - Too many driver & operational mistakes
    Thanks to Joke Clear. Ever since he joined our team the race operation gone downhill.

Only thing I can take out of today's race is that Kimi is well passed it.
    It was so sad seeing Hamilton and Mercs toying with him all through the race and cook his tires.
    They knew this was their to lose. If this was seb they would have settled for 2nd
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

But dear tifosis...it's not over yet, if SM could bring fiat chrysler towards profitability from the orifices....we can turn this around....team and drivers must have a good chat on these thrown away wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    The gap is 12 points in old system with 70 to go. Very hard to gain. We need a Singapore Seb victory and Hamilton fourth place to be back in the fight.
    That will just put us back where we were before this race - (with 2 races less to get the job done)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Ferrari haven't been operationally sound since 2007
    Since Todt left it's never been the same.

Quote Originally Posted by prancing horse View Post
    Too late now.
    As a matter fact Kimi is now closer to Seb than he was before the race.
    So be very silly if the do it know and if the do it shows how weak they are at making bold and decisive decisions
    seems like ferrari is still free to race so expect kimi to eat more of seb's points at some races.

Maybe next year with fresh blood, i doubt leclerc will have a choice and they will make it clear to him. kimi is a vet racer and Wdc and as we saw in germany they dont know how to ask him to move aside even when they are on different strategy
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Thanks to Joke Clear. Ever since he joined our team the race operation gone downhill.
    agreed, he gets one or two fluke decisions right but has no foresight
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    i was gonna say... i'm beginning to think his luck is supernatural
    Only the supernatural can harness the power of "negativity"

Martin Brundel said it right. Ferrari screwed up yesterday by not giving Seb the pole slipstream. Screw Kimi if that’s what it takes to get championship!!
    Last edited by Rob; 2nd September 2018 at 16:04.

Its nothing to do with luck, the fia, jock clear or anyone else.

Hamilton is better than Vettel. End of story.

Do you honestly think side by side in equal machinery he would beat Hamilton. He got smoked by Riccardo lol.

Verstappen is the one. Will win mulitple wdcs as soon as he gets the car.

Whatever, Merc didn't beat us today, we beat ourselves with tactical errors and Seb's hot headed mistakes that are more expected by someone like Max rather than a 4 WDC!

I said before, I will say again - Ferrari is happy to sacrifice wins but will never sacrifice Kimi, the reality is equal driver status matters at Ferrari rather than championships.

If vettel was in the lead in the 1st stint he would’ve built a lead of 5 or 5 sec like he always does, kimi has no pace, and I don’t know why but this year when we have a real chance at the title he decided not to help, his attitude is a lot different from previous years, they were side by side into turn 1 and he has a massive lockup just to keep Seb behind, while mercedes use and abuse bottas to keep Hamilton ahead and bottas has outqualified hamilton a lot more than kimi outqualified vettel, 9-5 vs 11-3

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    seems like ferrari is still free to race so expect kimi to eat more of seb's points at some races.

Maybe next year with fresh blood, i doubt leclerc will have a choice and they will make it clear to him. kimi is a vet racer and Wdc and as we saw in germany they dont know how to ask him to move aside even when they are on different strategy
    Kimi can't win a race.
    Our car adantage here was greater than in spa and look what he did when he had his chance
    Don't fall for the argument that mercs had better tire management here.
    Seb had to use his softs to make all those overtakes with a damaged car. Kimi couldn't manage his super or softs.
    This is what happens with him at every race
    Seb is our lead driver and only 1 who can win races. Sad butrue

I must admit i feel gutted as i thought to-day was ours. Merc play dirty & get away with it. Still 175 points remaining but we need to act clever.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan View Post

Do you honestly think side by side in equal machinery he would beat Hamilton. He got smoked by Riccardo lol.

Hamilton got smoked by Rosberg, he also got smoked by Button and you think he is better than Vettel, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post

Maybe next year with fresh blood, i doubt leclerc will have a choice and they will make it clear to him. kimi is a vet racer and Wdc and as we saw in germany they donty know how to ask him to move aside even when they are on different strategy
    You seem determined to make LeClerc no.2 driver. What makes you so sure that Vettel will beat him?

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    If vettel was in the lead in the 1st stint he would’ve built a lead of 5 or 5 sec like he always does, kimi has no pace, and I don’t know why but this year when we have a real chance at the title he decided not to help, his attitude is a lot different from previous years, they were side by side into turn 1 and he has a massive lockup just to keep Seb behind, while mercedes use and abuse bottas to keep Hamilton ahead and bottas has outqualified hamilton a lot more than kimi outqualified vettel, 9-5 vs 11-3
    Absolutely. You are spot on
    Seb can manage races. Kimi is well passed it

Toto said they pulled this win out, they didnt expect to win this, Toto mentions Sebs pace with a damaged car

and Kvyat beat Ricciardo

Brundle stating as Bottas has been signed for next year - He helped Lewis.
    Kimi not signed so didn't offer any help
    Last edited by mizf1; 2nd September 2018 at 15:22.

Really gutted. Everything went wrong today. The first lap incident, the strategy and the end result. Ferrari lost 30-40 on points. Now we are 25 points behind in the WCC. That is stil doable but 30 points for Seb may be too much. Maybe they should have pitted Kimi a few laps later and maybe even give up the lead on track as the starting tyres would go. Then Bottas wouldn't have come in to play. Still Lewis might have won anyway. Against Seb in a normal race, probably not. The crowd was great! Too bad Ferrari couldn't win for them.

First of all Hamilton can only win when the car is the best and the team makes him #1, Alonso can win or come close in not the best equipment on the grid.

Alonso won't come back....so yes bring in Verstappen

didnt kvyat beat dani ric?

maybe kvyat should be our no.1 driver from next year instead

I wonder why kimi didn’t give space to vettel ... when he had a big lock up in turn 1???
    If vettel was in the lead, he would have built a gap to ham definetly.

Totally team fault.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Hamilton got smoked by Rosberg, he also got smoked by Button and you think he is better than Vettel, lmao.
    Hamilton lost a championship on the final race of the season with a race win. Thats not getting smoked.

Vettel wasnt even close to riccardo.

I dont know why you lot are suprised, its like you forgot 2012 when alonso took him to the wire in a car that was almost 0.5 seconds a lap down at times.

He cannot race with hamilton, when are you going to smell the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You seem determined to make LeClerc no.2 driver. What makes you so sure that Vettel will beat him?
    It is not just about being fast over 1 lap
    It is about race management. Seb has that in abundance especially when in the lead.
    Look at Kimi today. Yes he was faster over 1 lap but his race management is non existent

After seeing today's race, I just wished that Ferrari had used Kimi to give Vettel a slip stream in qualifying instead.

We can see today how Mercedes used team play, they are dead set to do anything to win the title.
    It didn't matter if Bottas ended up behind Max, his objective was to force Kimi to ruin his tires, and were successfully.

This is who we are up against, and sometimes you need to fight fire with fire.

Not that I wish to see Ferrari making such huge sacrifice, but I think the team can improve when it comes to playing the team game. We've had several missed opportunity now.

what a clustermess it was from qualifying, seb was not happy then aswell