Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hungarian GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    True, but on the other hand imagine the time Lewis would have set if he would have been in the car at the same moment Russell was. 1:14.9?

Although it is impressive that Kimi set his time on Antonios tyres.

What that W09 tells me is, if a rookie can do those times, pretty much the top 8 drivers can do better under those same conditions. It's the car. Lewis just races in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    According to the article for Kimi's HS run, he used the same set of tyres that Giovinazzi used the day before and the fastest time was set on the third lap.

Does this mean he was on used tyres for the quali sim ?

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6..._fastest_time/
    yep, the hypersoft.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Kimi didn’t do that time on a set of soft tyres, he did it on a set of used hypersoft tyres as you can see from Ferrari website http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/hunga...st-2018-day-2/
    correct. The ones used by GIO.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What that W09 tells me is, if a rookie can do those times, pretty much the top 8 drivers can do better under those same conditions. It's the car. Lewis just races in it.
    We don't know the fuel load, what updates they used on the car, if any and a bunch of other variables. So you could take all these results with a pinch of salt.

I'm tempted to agree, and to think that Lewis has had various incarnations of that car over the past 5 seasons, I would suggest that any current driver would reap the same benefit!! Sour grapes, I know, but the truth is out!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm tempted to agree, and to think that Lewis has had various incarnations of that car over the past 5 seasons, I would suggest that any current driver would reap the same benefit!! Sour grapes, I know, but the truth is out!
    I will further add wisepie, that Lewis IF he were to drive past incarnations of Ferrari, RedBull, or Mclaren.....he would not last a season on either of said incarnations.

Isn't " Incarnation " a heavenly gift? Wow Lewis really rates!! No wonder he's a F1 sensation!

Testing 2018 In-season testing done - 27 drivers shown their skills including 10 talented rookies during 4 days in Barcelona & Hungary.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjlD0jaXsAEyusj.jpg

2018 In-season testing (2 + 2 days): Number of kilometres by the teams:
    (Force India, McLaren, Toro Rosso run 2 cars on some days as they were helping Pirelli with 2019 tyre development)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djpw38qXoAADxrG.jpg

Also, just a recap of Mercedes to Ferrari points gaps at the F1 summer break for the past 3 yrs.

2016 = 173 points
    2017 = 39 points
    2018 = 10 points

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Isn't " Incarnation " a heavenly gift? Wow Lewis really rates!! No wonder he's a F1 sensation!
    Brembo, I think you'd better stick to the incarnations of your own making, in a glass, what more heavenly gift could there be?!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Brembo, I think you'd better stick to the incarnations of your own making, in a glass, what more heavenly gift could there be?!
    Very true! WCC for Ferrari would be a close runner up !!! And Giovanazzi to Ferrari !!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 4th August 2018 at 05:48.

fact, hell he was under performing a lot more this year especially at canada, the devils luck is on his side and well thats a better thing to have than Pole, strategy, humility or talent it seems
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Was it also the same when Schumy had "The car"? He just raced in it? Any top 8 drivers in his Ferrari would have done the same? FF to 2018 , good luck has a lot to do with winning for any driver, bad luck has a lot to do with DNFs for sure.

Was it also the same when Schumy had "The car"? He just raced in it? Any top 8 drivers in his Ferrari would have done the same? FF to 2018 , good luck has a lot to do with winning for any driver, bad luck has a lot to do with DNFs for sure.
    Schumi and Lewis......no comparison.

Schumi came from backmarker cars and did amazing things in those backmarker cars whom also developed a team around him. Lewis did'nt and has always been in fast cars so I will never know how he performs in backmarker cars.....hence my statement that the top 8 drivers can do better under those same conditions in the W09.

I rate drivers who come from backmarker cars and their talent in those backmarker cars. LeClerc is a prime example in todays F1....he's learning though with some hickups here and there.

Same I guess when Senna drove THE car wasn't it ? :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Same I guess when Senna drove THE car wasn't it ? :)
    True, but he was in some cases #2 driver and made it look like he had The Car. Gone but not forgotten!! Even the FIProst was no prob.

True, but he was in some cases #2 driver and made it look like he had The Car. Gone but not forgotten!! Even the FIProst was no prob.
    Senna was never #2 driver. The problem with the Prost vs Senna was they were two Alpha males competing in the same team, which is simply disastrous as history has proven time and time again; last time it was Alonso vs. Hamilton.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Senna was never #2 driver. The problem with the Prost vs Senna was they were two Alpha males competing in the same team, which is simply disastrous as history has proven time and time again; last time it was Alonso vs. Hamilton.
    I didn't particularly take to Nico Rosberg (wrong team anyway, of course) but he did take the fight to HAM and won, just! I agree that having two 'no 1' alpha male drivers in the same team can cause problems, which is where Rubens, Felipe and Kimi have found themselves. Felipe was always my no 1 driver, though, and my champion in 2008.

I couldn't agree more! Senna was never second to Prost no matter how hard they tried. FF to the not so secret Shumy traction control advantage! It was the car! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Seriously, when did we start going soft on the FIA? We used to demand answers from the FIA and command respect from them.

Now we are just ok with their decisions, even if they seem to have a different set of rules for Mercedes.
    I am sure if it was Vettel that hit Bottas from behind, hell would have been let loose again. We should have been out of sight by now, if not because of mistakes from our two drivers and also team strategy.

Senna was never #2 driver. The problem with the Prost vs Senna was they were two Alpha males competing in the same team, which is simply disastrous as history has proven time and time again.
    +1

I couldn't agree more! Senna was never second to Prost no matter how hard they tried. FF to the not so secret Shumy traction control advantage! It was the car! Again!
    The traction control was something Benetton Ford chose to do, giving that car an unfair advantage. But turning a blind eye to the very fact that Schumacher was in a league of his own as drivers go, is just silly.
    Just admit it and move on already.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl27kfcHLkh/

Lol vettel catching flies at post race press conference. priceless light hearted moment. Its uncanny really and just a fragment of a top F1 driver's skill set!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

The traction control was something Benetton Ford chose to do, giving that car an unfair advantage. But turning a blind eye to the very fact that Schumacher was in a league of his own as drivers go, is just silly.
    Just admit it and move on already.
    Again I agree , you should just admit it, and you did. Every little bit helps. Shumy knew and went along with it. Surely in a league of his own. Senna wish he had that same advantage,

Again I agree , you should just admit it, and you did. Every little bit helps. Shumy knew and went along with it. Surely in a league of his own. Senna wish he had that same advantage,
    It was never proven that Michael knew. And even if he did, there was nothing he could do, was it?
    As for Senna, he had a car that was out of that world, or you keep forgetting that ?
    Do you want me to get the stats out for you?

Or perhaps you like to remember the 2002, 2004 for Ferrari and then it's the car, but Holier than thou Senna is always to blame for his WDCs while he had an utterly dominant car? :D

It was never proven that Michael knew. And even if he did, there was nothing he could do, was it?
    Huh, you do know it could only be activated by a complicated sequence on the steering wheel......

There is no way MS did not know his car had traction control lol
    Forza Ferrari

As for Senna, he had a car that was out of that world, or you keep forgetting that ?
    Do you want me to get the stats out for you?

Or perhaps you like to remember the 2002, 2004 for Ferrari and then it's the car, but Holier than thou Senna is always to blame for his WDCs while he had an utterly dominant car? :D
    Ok! 2018 , it seems Ferrari has an utterly dominant car as of lately. I wish to blame the WDC on Seb!
    2002, 2004 and on and on with your nostalgic stats! You need to FF to 2018 , there's now a lot of great Malbec wine coming out of Argentina !! And a great recent F1 driver in Max to watch !!!

We do not have a dominant car. We have finally a car that can fight the mercs and at times be better than it.
    Dominant is a car that is way ahead of the competition (2002, 2004, the McLaren that Senna was driving etc).

We do not have a dominant car. We have finally a car that can fight the mercs and at times be better than it.
    Dominant is a car that is way ahead of the competition (2002, 2004, the McLaren that Senna was driving etc).
    2002, 2004 Senna driving a car way ahead of the competition for sure! He died in 1994. A modern miracle !
    Your mistaken Ayrton for the other great Ferrari driver, Rubens. In 2002 Rubens won Eu. Hungary, Italy, & USA. 2004 he won Italy and China. Oh well, whats a few years between friends !

2002, 2004 Senna driving a car way ahead of the competition for sure! He died in 1994. A modern miracle !
    Your mistaken Ayrton for the other great Ferrari driver, Rubens. In 2002 Rubens won Eu. Hungary, Italy, & USA. 2004 he won Italy and China. Oh well, whats a few years between friends !
    Please try to cut down on the booze.
    As I said, a dominant car is a car like the one Ferrari had back in 2002, 2004, or the car Senna was driving back when he was getting his titles.

Please try to cut down on the booze.
    As I said, a dominant car is a car like the one Ferrari had back in 2002, 2004, or the car Senna was driving back when he was getting his titles.
    I missed the word Ferrari, and the "or" the first time I read it. Check it out.