Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 French GP - RACE

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Me too. Now he needs to sort out his qualifying...if Ferrari "allows".
    He's been qualifying right up there with Vettel most of this season...what are you on about???

Can someone tell me why we dont use SPEC 2 engine for both cars at this point of the season ?

To win their championships in the past, both Seb and HAM had the best cars available, neither of them had to fight quite so hard as Seb is now having to do so that he can still be in the championship hunt at the end. He made a mistake at Turn 1 and suffered the consequences, but at least he fought back and limited the damage, Kimi finally stepped back up to racing pace and it could have been a lot worse. HAM has the luck of the devil and always seems to avoid trouble, usually because he's been at the front, but he is surely due a DNF and I sincerely hope we can fight back next weekend in Austria where we must win. Good to see Charles Leclerc put in another good performance, Seb needs to reign in his aggression but then we'd all complain if he hadn't tried!

O yyyyyyyyyyyyeah , he was a beast, too bad mercs boxed him in and he locked up, definitely made up for it best he could
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    To win their championships in the past, both Seb and HAM had the best cars available, neither of them had to fight quite so hard as Seb is now having to do so that he can still be in the championship hunt at the end. He made a mistake at Turn 1 and suffered the consequences, but at least he fought back and limited the damage, Kimi finally stepped back up to racing pace and it could have been a lot worse. HAM has the luck of the devil and always seems to avoid trouble, usually because he's been at the front, but he is surely due a DNF and I sincerely hope we can fight back next weekend in Austria where we must win. Good to see Charles Leclerc put in another good performance, Seb needs to reign in his aggression but then we'd all complain if he hadn't tried!
    imo he had a brilliant start but was so quick he caught up to Ham's gearbox and bottas was beside him, cold tyres locked up, nothing else he could do besides, brake much earlier and risk getting rammed from the back lol
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Whats funny is we have one driver who is too aggressive on lap one. And another driver who just backs off on lap one. Will be great if they can channel each other sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    Can someone tell me why we dont use SPEC 2 engine for both cars at this point of the season ?
    they are allowed 3 engines an entire season, Kimi has most of the same spec parts as seb already as he is on his 2nd allocation of parts since spain/monaco, its the ICE unit on Seb's thats few weeks more developed, Kimi has to stretch his engine parts to do 6 races before they can afford giving him new parts

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    they are allowed 3 engines an entire season, Kimi has most of the same spec parts as seb already as he is on his 2nd allocation of parts since spain/monaco, its the ICE unit on Seb's thats few weeks more developed, Kimi has to stretch his engine parts to do 6 races before they can afford giving him new parts
    Interesting i thought they could upgrade to new engine anytime they want i guess this change will count towards overall engine changes if they do ? Or he can use the new unit and then use the old one later on?

"I was a bit squeezed and couldn't really go anywhere"
    https://twitter.com/F1/status/1010940235536977920

100% agree with his P.O.V would be different if he didnt lock up and continued wide and smashed into bottas

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    Interesting i thought they could upgrade to new engine anytime they want i guess this change will count towards overall engine changes if they do ? Or he can use the new unit and then use the old one later on?
    they can change anytime, but ferrari dont want him to take a penalty, anytime they take more than 3 parts for the entire season, plus the longer he can drive the current engine more chance he'l get a newer engine thats being developed even faster than the one seb has

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1010940235536977920

100% agree with his P.O.V would be different if he didnt lock up and continued wide and smashed into bottas
    I would watch Vettels on-board and Max's on-board about "having no where to go......"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I would watch Vettels on-board and Max's on-board about "having no where to go......"
    he locked up lol, do you have max onboard? would like to check it out

Seb lighting it up, keep in mind Ham 99% coasted and saved his engine

Bottas had the fastest speedtrap i think, someone mentioned over 340kmph

he locked up lol, do you have max onboard? would like to check it out
    I saw it.....post it here soon.

Thanks!

Hamilton's engine was in the safest slowest mode by the looks of it

Bottas compared to Ham shows potential Ham's car was hiding

Hamilton's engine was in the safest slowest mode by the looks of it

Bottas compared to Ham shows potential Ham's car was hiding

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgeaTyaWsAEqB5L.jpg

yep, he dialed it down to save it.....no need to push it when your opponent is that far back. Cruise mode.

yep, he dialed it down to save it.....no need to push it when your opponent is that far back. Cruise mode.
    any update/info on what perez retirement was about?engine issues? im trying to look it up but nothing so far and im falling asleep

any update/info on what perez retirement was about?engine issues? im trying to look it up but nothing so far and im falling asleep
    All they're sayin for the moment is that it was a technical issue. That was a brand new Mercedes AMG spec 2.1 PU.

All they're sayin for the moment is that it was a technical issue. That was a brand new Mercedes AMG spec 2.1 PU.
    Sigh merc engine still uncrackable

Perez: "It’s disappointing to finish the race like this. We had a sudden drop in water pressure and had to retire the car."

Water leak, nothing to do with engine.

Sigh merc engine still uncrackable
    again wrong team that has the merc engine.....why is this sudden water pressure drop NOT happen to Luise???? he's been such a lucky bugger so far....he's deff due for a DNF soon
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Not good from a spectator stand-point ON TOP OF the traffic issues....Paul Ricard has been that way 40yrs ago and it's still the same today. Track is in the middle of no-where and the surrounding infrastructure is what causing fans to turn away.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgehM6FX4AEozcy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    again wrong team that has the merc engine.....why is this sudden water pressure drop NOT happen to Luise???? he's been such a lucky bugger so far....he's deff due for a DNF soon
    I don't see it happening F60, not when you have 1500 personnel behind the wheel monitoring every nook & cranny of that car....and in real time.

I don't see it happening F60, not when you have 1500 personnel behind the wheel monitoring every nook & cranny of that car....and in real time.
    Yup...!!

Vet made very good start, if it’s not bottas aside. Vet would have taken the lead easily.
    Ham blocked vet, saw bottas aside of vet in his mirrors then ham lifted to punch vet into bottas . Which caused vet to loose the grip & early break which locked up n caused collision. I’m not saying he didn’t do any mistake, but it was a part of racing incident by the looks of mad max this year & bottas last year where they got off without any penalties.

Interesting thing is .... ham & Nikki Lauda crying for more harsh penalty.
    Where are these bafoons when bottas ruined Kimi’s race in baku last year. Bottas came 2nd & kimi DNF???
    Also in Malaysia or China I don’t know exactly where a kid cried, kimi immediately made a gesture.

These mercs crew are crap Nikki, ham, JA, sassi

Yeah F1 cars have widescreen mirrors and Lewis could see Seb and Bottas lol.....I think not.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah F1 cars have widescreen mirrors and Lewis could see Seb and Bottas lol.....I think not.
    See the footage .....!! Don’t back ham every time.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    See the footage .....!! Don’t back ham every time.
    How is that backing Lewis? your the one suggesting he is so good he can engineer that sort of thing not me......
    Forza Ferrari

The boxing in of Vettel was a pre race strategy from Mercedes since Vettel was on the softer tire.

I don t remember the race but in one of the race where Vettel finished 2nd and bottas 3rd, Hamilton was talking about this post race with Bottas.

The no3 car as no where to go so that no2 car get the outside of the corner.