Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bahrain GP Free Practice and Qualifying

I doubt Seb or Kimi would take silly risks at the start tomorrow. We need this 1-2 finish to give Mercs a slap

If drivers don't wear underwear or socks would they save some time you think or would that be negligible to try? lol just wondering if thats why ham is quicker than bottas sometimes
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

why do they only allow 2 CE units a season that sounds insanely stupid, does it cost millions?
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I doubt Seb or Kimi would take silly risks at the start tomorrow. We need this 1-2 finish to give Mercs a slap

Racing is not a silly risk. If Kimi has the chance to overtake Sebastian even though it might compromise Vettel a bit, he should and he will take it. It's racing.

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Racing is not a silly risk. If Kimi has the chance to overtake Sebastian even though it might compromise Vettel a bit, he should and he will take it. It's racing.
    as long as they leave each other enough room to avoid contact, that's what I meant.

Its early in the season, Ferrari want the constructors, their are plenty laps tomorrow. Kimi doesn't need to act like mad max and go hero or zero at the start, he should play it smart imo

@karunchandhok

Spoke to Toto who confirmed that my suspicions that in the hotter temperatures, Ferrari are in better shape than Mercedes. Bodes well for a great championship battle. GAME ON!

Kimi will dutifully take his second place tomorrow, and he will do so b/c Seb is faster than Kimi.

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...71436652404736

onboard Pole lap, turn 4 and last corner had me worried

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    It was really bad engine but they did say end of last season that next PU is much better and with 30 more HP, and we could see that in testing and today in P6. They have a great engine now, but IMO they do not have drivers. I do not know, what Alonso is thinking now.
    What I'm saying - McLaren is the common denominator

They maybe have to have a good hard look at themselves instead of everything is someone elses fault

Kimi has issues with his team of enginners. Or simply, Ferraris does have signed a MoI with RIC and they don't support him (which is stupid). Either way, Ferrari has to sort it out otherwise, we will see the old indifferent Kimi again.

I'm looking at the races to come, and looking at Baku.
    Based on what we've seen so far, who do you reckon would be favourite there?

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Mclaren would be blaming Renault if Mclaren was the only team using their engines, makes me wonder was Honda as bad as McLaren made them out to be
    probably not
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I'm looking at the races to come, and looking at Baku.
    Based on what we've seen so far, who do you reckon would be favourite there?
    Is baku close to heat as Bahrain, i think that would be important? Mercs are very quick on the cornering and have sacrificed downforce for cooling this weekend, It might be close, if ferrari can stay as constantly improving as they have since testing , it could be a tie between mercs and Ferrari :D

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...71436652404736

onboard Pole lap, turn 4 and last corner had me worried
    That car looks like it has more pace in it and Seb's still not 100% sure of his rear end.

as long as they leave each other enough room to avoid contact, that's what I meant.
    yeah, we dont' want a Turkey 2010 all over again, when both seb and mark were HOT headed adn we know how that ended
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Is baku close to heat as Bahrain, i think that would be important? Mercs are very quick on the cornering and have sacrificed downforce for cooling this weekend, It might be close, if ferrari can stay as constantly improving as they have since testing , it could be a tie between mercs and Ferrari :D
    Ferrari have improved their cornering. Seb said that the car is responding well in the post qualifying interview. This seems to be a car that is aerodynamically very efficient with low drag on the straights, strong power delivery and much more balanced now with the new diffuser/floor. So its not just hot temp related performance.

if we keep the development going, we'll be right there.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, we dont' want a Turkey 2010 all over again, when both seb and mark were HOT headed adn we know how that ended
    I believe that majority of people here wouldn't mind if RedBulls would crash each others out again like in Turkey '10

I believe that majority of people here wouldn't mind if RedBulls would crash each others out again like in Turkey '10
    or a merc crashing into each other.....lol
    but you know what i mean though, NO???

that would be a whole lotto points lost in the WCC, which i'm sure the team don;t want any of that drama

so the party mode of the Merc is NOT that great afterall, it was just Two chains having a perfect balanced car and also him being a good driver that put that stunning/perfect lap in OZ.....

unless they had to run more conservative engine modes due to desert heat....who knows

so the party mode of the Merc is NOT that great afterall, it was just Two chains having a perfect balanced car and also him being a good driver that put that stunning/perfect lap in OZ.....

unless they had to run more conservative engine modes due to desert heat....who knows
    Mercedes had heating problems in Melbourne so it might be an issue in Bahrain. Also Hamilton clearly had a bad day because Bottas beat him today.

Even though they put a new CE on Vettel's car, that does not mean automatically he will get a penalty next time round as they changed the 1st one as a precaution so after they inspect it they may be able to re-use

" changing his Control Electronics as a precaution"

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._Bahrain_pole/

Ferrari gets a front row for the first time since the Schumacher/Massa era, and members STILL find something to **** and moan about. Unbelievable...

Kimi Raikkonen, like him or not, is a veteran Formula 1 driver. He will not be doing anything to compromise his teammate's race. Singapore was a freak incident last year and I feel like that craziness is behind us.

Disappointed Since 2010

But to be frank, Ferrari did sent him into traffic. But probably it was a mistake, they wouldn't risk Kimi's Q on purpose (Bottas got very close to P2).

But these things shouldn't happen. In Melbourne Kimi wasn't pleased that he wasn't informed about Vettel's alternative strategy. There clearly is some communication problems with his team. They should sort these things ASAP.
    Kimi got new race engineer for this year.

So according to Seb, it is the same car as melbourne. No change. Only difference is they had enough laps to understand the car better during OZ Gp. That means the rumoured new floor and diffuser will hopefully be run in China.

It’s not like that. Mercs are coming in the groove once track is cooling down at the end. That’s why you did see closer time by Bottas & ham ... if it would be have around 34-36 track temp then gap would have been pretty high.

Another thing that brings smile is Ferrari improved on engine side, it would be interesting to see how we perform on street circuits.

Congrats to team and especially Mr. Marchionne. He made this team, no doubt.

What do you mean Ferrari did bring a new floor with better stability for this race and is working well. What a day for us, a 1-2, we beat Mercedes on pure pace on a power track remember. But the race is tomorrow, all is possible. Couldnt see the qualy, because I was not home, I will watch it now.
    In China we might still have another updates.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 7th April 2018 at 18:57.