Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2273839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

#F1 How much teams improved in kilometres run during pre-season testing? #ToroRosso gained 1108km more than last year, #ForceIndia 344km less, what about #McLaren after switching to Renault?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX4W9OXWkAAwSPb.jpg

#F1 We have seen avg. improvement of 1.7s in laptime in 2018 pre-season testing over 2017. #McLaren gained most switching to #Renault from #Honda: +3,564s. Sauber by 2.552s faster switching to actual Ferrari spec. Tyres & times.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX4YDF6W0AAGvYb.jpg

Mark Hughes article is the best I’ve seen so far. It doesn’t aim to peg any of the top 3 teams specific position, only provides information and ends with some unanswered questions. One unanswered question is absolutely ferrari’s Fuel consumption. This may be why they were driving to a delta. Of course, it could also be for a number of other reasons which is why I like that he ended with that question instead of making a statement.

Can’t wait for Australia. I do think we have a fast car, and I do think we’ll surprise some people (even though we topped the timesheets in testing) but I don’t think we’re faster than merc unfortunately. Of course will very happily be proven wrong!

According to SKY and in particular Ted Ferrari are 3rd behind Redbull in terms of pace. Absolute BS if you ask me, the usual anti Ferrari bias from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    According to SKY and in particular Ted Ferrari are 3rd behind Redbull in terms of pace. Absolute BS if you ask me, the usual anti Ferrari bias from them.
    don't know what to say....but clearly as Ferrari performed at these tests this year compared to how good and confident they were last year's testing......well let's just say that i don't have teh WARM AND FUZZY feeling i had when we did testing last year compared to this year....

i REALLY, REALLY hope i'm wrong though
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It looks to be a really solid foundation. I just hope they develop the car well as the season progresses.

Disappointed Since 2010

Aero wise this year’s car has good scope from last year. So I feel this year too it’s strong.
    Last year worry was engine PU lacking HP & thirsty of fuel. I’m hearing the same thing this year also.

From the testing Ferrari advantages seems to be:
    1. Tyre Deg advantage compared to RB & mercs
    2. Ferrari were running to delta time in order to save fuel but still within range of mercs n ahead of RB. So if they can push with engine turn on then it’s game on. This also proves, Ferrari on single lap have much more pace & is strong.

Based on Ricciardo’s, Bottas’, Horner’s and Raikkonen’s interviews after yesterday’s test, I think the media has just clung on to off the cuff remarks from Lauda earlier in the week and deduced that Ferrari is 3rd. From all of those interviews, the concern seems overblown with Ricciardo and Horner expecting Ferrari to be in the hunt.

Additionally, no one has been able to explain to me why Ferrari has been put 3rd when their race sim was consistently faster than the redbull??

I’m not saying Ferrari is fastest - I think it’s clear Mercedes is well ahead - I’m just confused as to how/why everyone has put redbull ahead when no data seems to support this?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Based on Ricciardo’s, Bottas’, Horner’s and Raikkonen’s interviews after yesterday’s test, I think the media has just clung on to off the cuff remarks from Lauda earlier in the week and deduced that Ferrari is 3rd. From all of those interviews, the concern seems overblown with Ricciardo and Horner expecting Ferrari to be in the hunt.

Additionally, no one has been able to explain to me why Ferrari has been put 3rd when their race sim was consistently faster than the redbull??

I’m not saying Ferrari is fastest - I think it’s clear Mercedes is well ahead - I’m just confused as to how/why everyone has put redbull ahead when no data seems to support this?
    the bookies had Ferrari 3rd behind RBR (constructors') even before testing began. I'm really not sure how they made that calculation.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/43337930. Nice read for once coming from this guy. No bias just facts

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/43337930. Nice read for once coming from this guy. No bias just facts
    Unusual for Benson!
    Trying to be less angry..

Guys,

I've read in f1technical forum, that in one of Ted's notebook Vettel said:
    Vettel mentioned he had plenty of fuel left over after his race sim.
    Source

Does someone watched Ted's notebooks and can confirm that it was really said ?

If we are having fuel consumption issues, surely we won't be able to turn the engine up and still finish the race? I hope this isn't the case but it would be a disaster if we have the speed and reliability, are leading the race and then end up running out of fuel on the final lap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    the bookies had Ferrari 3rd behind RBR (constructors') even before testing began. I'm really not sure how they made that calculation.
    Because of Kimi

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Because of Kimi
    and yet Kimi beat both Red Bull drivers last year.

Yeah but if Redbull have a good car Max and Riccardo will score wins but if Ferrari have a good car like last year only Seb will be able to win races and challenge the Mercs I love Kimi but he's finished and has been since 2014

Well we agree then, the bookies must believe RBR have a good car this year, on a par with Ferrari at least. But how did they come to that conclusion is what i'm unclear on.

Wow how our imaginations run wild with our conclussions on f1 teams thank god for the imagination other wise this forum would be finito lets face it no body nows whats really going on any where with f1 teams not even one sided ted crapits and his one eyed mates only the team know the rest is all speculative how good the teams are remains to be seen all will unfold shortly so relax your minds.

AND there is the scenario, that we have some set up problems due to the longer wheel base, and that is keeping us a bit behind Mercs (i believe even like this we are in front of RBR).But with the data we gathered we might solve most of them going to Melbourne. And this might change the picture !!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    AND there is the scenario, that we have some set up problems due to the longer wheel base, and that is keeping us a bit behind Mercs (i believe even like this we are in front of RBR).But with the data we gathered we might solve most of them going to Melbourne. And this might change the picture !!!!!!!
    Agreed!we just need to understand and find the right setup. I also believe we have more room for aero development in longer wheelbase and this will help us on fast circuits.

Ok, so I just placed my first bet ever... a bet on us winning WCC and Seb WDC. Time to show the bookies that Ferrari is not a team to underestimate.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Ok, so I just placed my first bet ever... a bet on us winning WCC and Seb WDC. Time to show the bookies that Ferrari is not a team to underestimate.
    I wish you,to spend wise your earnings!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

These the same bookies which rated Leicester City winning the title at 5000/1 a few seasons ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah but if Redbull have a good car Max and Riccardo will score wins but if Ferrari have a good car like last year only Seb will be able to win races and challenge the Mercs I love Kimi but he's finished and has been since 2014
    If both Kimi and Seb have a good car either driver can be a winner, Seb's car was good and he lost to Lewis, is he finished also? How about all the drivers who finished behind Kimi without the "age" excuse? They are more "Finished " than Kimi for sure. IMO Seb needs pole to win , like when he was with his old team. Ferrari needs 1000 + HP to get their driver on pole. By Finished I mean "done" not "From Finland!"

A fair assessment by Mark Priestly.

https://youtu.be/oGJIYNIXKho

Mercedes domination (again!) + halo looks to be a fantastic combination for the season ahead... Hope Ferrari and Red Bull pick up the fight.

Now the journalist are starting to be more cautious, Ferrari is an incógnita and they need to save face in case Ferrari got a P1 p2 in Melbourne

Let’s hope, I have a feeling that we have been sandbagging a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

I think you need to check how many DNF RB had, that's why Kimi "beat" them.

He barely beat DR (by 5pts). RAI had 4 DNF's while RIC had 6 DNF's and VER had 7 DNF's for 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    you've missed the point, no worries.

Please who can share what Gary Anderson is saying here

Gary Anderson ranks the teams after F1 testing - /https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/8064/gary-anderson-ranks-the-teams-after-f1-testing/