Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

From Ted Kravitz:

Concerns for Ferrari?
    Despite Sebastian Vettel's quickest time yesterday, there appeared little worry among the other leading teams and Ted Kravitz has been examining if the Scuderia has fallen back from last year.

“I think what gave it away yesterday was Sebastian Vettel may have set a new unofficial lap record, but we’re still very much downplaying his achievement. We’re effectively saying ‘it’s not that good’.

“That has got everyone slightly worried for Ferrari’s sake because they were right up there with Mercedes last year. But it does seem that Mercedes, who haven’t done a run on low fuel yet or tried the softest tyre, are up there.

“The closest challenger then does seem to be Red Bull who have really hit the sweet spot on their car and are not bothered by the problems they had last year.

“Ferrari are even behind Red Bull. The question is, why that is?

“Ferrari had the car with the most downforce last year so you thought they would carry that over without any risk of getting it wrong. There has been a rule change on engines. There was a system where you could bleed fuel back into your engine last year which you are not allowed to do this year – the fuel and waste oil has to come out the back."

I can’t watch this anymore. It’s always McLaren causing red flag even without Honda engine.
    I think it’s better to for them to not test anything n go to races.

They are looking pretty pathetic at the moment, they seem to have forgotton how to run a race team all together. That pitstop practice yesterday was hilarious. I feel for the McLaren fans.

as others have said, when we are 3 or 4 races into the season, then the picture should be pretty clear. Last year Seb won in Australia but Merc had the best car overall. So the first race will not tell us everything.

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    From Ted Kravitz:

Concerns for Ferrari?
    Despite Sebastian Vettel's quickest time yesterday, there appeared little worry among the other leading teams and Ted Kravitz has been examining if the Scuderia has fallen back from last year.

“I think what gave it away yesterday was Sebastian Vettel may have set a new unofficial lap record, but we’re still very much downplaying his achievement. We’re effectively saying ‘it’s not that good’.

“That has got everyone slightly worried for Ferrari’s sake because they were right up there with Mercedes last year. But it does seem that Mercedes, who haven’t done a run on low fuel yet or tried the softest tyre, are up there.

“The closest challenger then does seem to be Red Bull who have really hit the sweet spot on their car and are not bothered by the problems they had last year.

“Ferrari had the car with the most downforce last year so you thought they would carry that over without any risk of getting it wrong. There has been a rule change on engines. There was a system where you could bleed fuel back into your engine last year which you are not allowed to do this year – the fuel and waste oil has to come out the back."
    Is this guy for real or what??? i mean how biased can you get! ridiculous
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Nope. Merc havn't brought any hypersofts to this test.
    I think they can dip into 1.16s with Ultrasoft itself

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    From Ted Kravitz:

Concerns for Ferrari?

RB and Mercs are super confidant that they are way faster than Ferrari, i don't like that, if they weren't very sure they wouldn't be this cocky
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    RB and Mercs are super confidant that they are way faster than Ferrari, i don't like that, if they weren't very sure they wouldn't be this cocky
    If that's the case then RB have a lot of faith in Renault's reliability. I wouldn't be overconfident in that department.

jeezus.....Mclaren (Alonso) with another oil leak in the same turn(7).

LeClerc spins on T11.

I dont get it...what did RB show that would give them or Ted such a confidence? They were slower in Q and race sims. Merc do look extremely fast, but RB? Not really tbh.

This forum is quickly turning into a British based media echo chamber, I really don't know why I keep coming back ...
    Full doom and gloom on Wednesday ...
    Short hype yesterday followed by the doom and gloom people grasping onto any bad news they can find...
    People the team looks relaxed, and most importantly it is way to soon to jump to any conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I think they can dip into 1.16s with Ultrasoft itself
    How do you know they can. we just assume a lot and who says we can't. As expected there is so much rumour going on about Ferrari, Last year they doubted Ferrari saying we were running light; that our speed was not real. Same things is happening now in my world there is what we called digital disruption, who says Saubar has not found something that makes their car faster. People have become so in awe of Mercedes that if they sneeze their car will beat a space rocket remember Brawn GP?? FErrari is hiding something and Australia will tell us who is the Daddy

Also where do you think would the other teams get the mythical GPS data on our car? Do they have spies plant GPS transponders while Ferrari mechanics are not looking and later cheekily give that data to AMUS to give them more clicks ...
    My point is the media will create noise to drive traffic their way and being pro Merc/Redbull seems to be doing the trick for them it seems

Charles Leclerc‏

Very happy about the pace. But pushed too much, spun and touched the wall a little bit. Stupid to do that at this time of the day, I will learn from it. Hopefully back on track soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Merc & RedBull play mindgames, to push Ferrari to show their real qualifying pace... Conclusion: Merc & BedBull are not so confident at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    This forum is quickly turning into a British based media echo chamber, I really don't know why I keep coming back ...
    Short hype yesterday followed by the doom and gloom people grasping onto any bad news they can find...
    People the team looks relaxed, and most importantly it is way to soon to jump to any conclusions
    I just wrote the same, when Ferrari did now run they say we are are doomed, when they ran faster they bring in on all these stupid article from British pro Mercedes writers or Amus etc saying we are not fast. It seems whatever our guys do they dammed - for me I say haters suff it up your ***
    Last edited by Rob; 9th March 2018 at 10:05.

Kimi is doing faster laps

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dhont View Post
    Merc & RedBull play mindgames, to push Ferrari to show their real qualifying pace... Conclusion: Merc & BedBull are not so confident at all.
    I honestly can't tell where anyone is from a pace perspective I'm sure the teams can roughly estimate but I'm not convinced by media representations as there is far too much bias towards Hamilton (aka Merc).

Like others have said, everyone was saying we were running light last year and glory running in testing but then we won in Melbourne so lets see.

Kimi 1:18:29 on SS.

2016 people were unhappy in testing that we weren’t doing enough laps. Now that’s covered, so people have moved onto the next thing - times. If we don’t top every session we compete in, we’re doomed. Didn’t you know? Just ask ted or Gary Anderson

Kimi just did, on super soft tyres the quickest time on this type of compound - let see how the media will twist it

And he still continue running

kimi set his fastest time at the moment on Supersofts 1:18.298 , little less than a tenth quicker than what Haas set yesterday on SS, lets hope he can go quicker
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Also where do you think would the other teams get the mythical GPS data on our car? Do they have spies plant GPS transponders while Ferrari mechanics are not looking and later cheekily give that data to AMUS to give them more clicks ...
    My point is the media will create noise to drive traffic their way and being pro Merc/Redbull seems to be doing the trick for them it seems
    Amus reported that Binotto was worried and rushed to Haas garage..to check oil in their car.. Amus can't be wrong

If you are referring to my post from Sky News of Ted Kravits, yes it is british, and biased and one of thefew ways we have of following these tests in the UK. However I did not post it to cause doom and gloom, that is down to how people want to read these things. I posted it as a piece of information. You can take it whichever way you want but there are a lot of rumors and suppositions people form during testing. I am fully aware that we have a test plan, and we'll stick with it (as we should). Fully aware that the team knows what they are doing and are not revealing or making bold claims (as in the past). But this is a forum to discuss all things Ferrari, weather it's good, bad, biased, green or red. This thread is for testing information, so I think it's the correct place to share such things. Please feel free to share non-british media information.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kimi 1:18:29 on SS.
    and he continued running as if nothing happened

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Amus reported that Binotto was worried and rushed to Haas garage..to check oil in their car.. Amus can't be wrong
    Are you for real? so everything you read you believe?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Kimi just did, on super soft tyres the quickest time on this type of compound - let see how the media will twist it

And he still continue running
    Propably this time british media will blame the chrono timing service :)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Why?