Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 92021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

A CHANGE OF PLAN
    Test Barcelona - A change of plan
    Seb and Kimi share the driving on the second day of testing

Montmelò, 7 March –It was a bit of an unusual Wednesday at the Catalunya Circuit, as both drivers had a turn behind the wheel of the SF71H. Scuderia Ferrari completed 115 laps, equivalent to a distance of 535 kilometres. Sebastian Vettel did 66 laps in the morning, the German’s best being a 1’19”541. Kimi Raikkonen was only able to drive in the afternoon, feeling unwell and staying in his hotel room until lunchtime. The Finn managed 49 laps, with a fastest time of 1’20”242, as he continued with the programme that had been affected by last week’s bad weather. Both men set their best times on the Soft tyres. Tomorrow, testing continues with Sebastian Vettel driving, so that Raikkonen can make a complete recovery. Kimi will return on Friday, thus bringing the second and final winter test to a close, prior to heading off to Melbourne.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Speed traps for week 2 day 2.....for those that rely on them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXtWQ3GWsAIJEfX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    I don't think my post was really in reference to that kind of discussion, very much the negativity that tends to follow this forum, it's quite tiresome and I tend to stay away as it's just not an enjoyable environment for discussion. It also tends to be the same individuals clogging up threads and stifling the interesting and open discussions that were otherwise happening.
    Negativity on one side, sunshine pumping on the other. This is sport and this is what fans do.

Comment by Ferrari president on new car:

"As for Ferrari's chances of winning the title in 2018, Marchionne said he is feeling "relaxed". "It's definitely the quietest season I've faced since arriving in 2014," he revealed. "The boys are in control more than before. We have all the conditions we need and I think the car can be a winner at 51 per cent of the races this season."

so if he is cool
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Last edited by Rob; 7th March 2018 at 20:18.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Jesus, I make the same mistake every year... I think we can go through testing season without too much doom and gloom and I apparently never learn my lesson... I need to stop coming in here prior to the start of the season...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Great pics Rob Thank you for posting.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Jesus, I make the same mistake every year... I think we can go through testing season without too much doom and gloom and I apparently never learn my lesson... I need to stop coming in here prior to the start of the season...
    Well every year since 2007 we have not won championship. Therefore, if objective is big prize, doom and gloom was relatively on point :p

Love Kimi's helmet!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Agreed, doom and gloom seems rife now and very little debating or interesting topics. I personally think the forum is coming to it's end as it's so far away from what it used to be.
    Ah, the halcyon days of 2003! I may be wrong, but I'm sure I recall Greig having a blue Saxo..
    Trying to be less angry..

I think the doom and gloom isn’t too strong this years guys, is mostly worrisome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree that there is very little debating it would be such a shame if the forum comes to an end. It's our Ferrari home!!!!
    I know very little about mechanics myself but used to enjoy the mixed views of those who do. Agreed there is very little debating now and when it begins some people spoil the thread with gloom & gloom. We are testing and the teams are doing what it says on the tin........testing to find out if their car has an issue and how to address the problem. No two teams have the same amount of fuel and same tyres on at any given time so how do the paragons of doom arrive at their opinion.
    The drivers always say no one knows until the cars perform on the track. Even then they are not sure until about the third race where they are in the pecking order!!!!
    So let those with engineering, mechanical & design knowledge debate while the rest of us enjoy reading their expert views.
    So endth my rant!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Great pics Rob Thank you for posting.
    +5 +7

F1 teams total miles in kilometers after 6 days testing in Barcelona.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXt4p7MX0AA7JqP.jpg

and just day 6

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXtzeBTWkAEK9au.jpg

Guys I know we all want to see some good lap times from our boys, it is breather to see us performing well against the competition but let’s not get carried away with negative thoughts if we aren’t posting fast lap times. We may not see it in testing but for sure we will in Australia. I have a feeling that Ferrari learn how to hold their cards close to the chest, if you all remember some races last year particularly Singapore and Mexico. Redbull was topping all practice sessions and even Q2 and what happened? Boom!!! Pole position!!! and did you see how we took away all the smiles from Max and Redbull? In previous years, media always talk about us when topping time sheets but when come to first race we failed to lived up to expectations. This year I think it is better for us to stay low and look after ourselves. Let the rivals keep guessing, if we show our hand now they will be able to assess and if they feel they are ahead, it will just boost their confidence to develop more wherein if we crash them in Australia we could potentially rattle and take away all their confidence in developing the car.

I personally is a pessimist but let’s all try to stay positive and let’s continue to believe that good times are coming our way!

Quote Originally Posted by angeljr View Post
    Guys I know we all want to see some good lap times from our boys, it is breather to see us performing well against the competition but let’s not get carried away with negative thoughts if we aren’t posting fast lap times. We may not see it in testing but for sure we will in Australia. I have a feeling that Ferrari learn how to hold their cards close to the chest, if you all remember some races last year particularly Singapore and Mexico. Redbull was topping all practice sessions and even Q2 and what happened? Boom!!! Pole position!!! and did you see how we took away all the smiles from Max and Redbull? In previous years, media always talk about us when topping time sheets but when come to first race we failed to lived up to expectations. This year I think it is better for us to stay low and look after ourselves. Let the rivals keep guessing, if we show our hand now they will be able to assess and if they feel they are ahead, it will just boost their confidence to develop more wherein if we crash them in Australia we could potentially rattle and take away all their confidence in developing the car.

I personally is a pessimist but let’s all try to stay positive and let’s continue to believe that good times are coming our way!
    Yes lets raise above the gloom and doom and discuss technical

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my 2 cents. Sebastian did fastest lap on soft and Hamilton on ultra soft. Hamilton was 1 second raster than vet. Soft vs ultra difference 1 second if not more. Is safe to say that vet could match Hamilton if not faster?

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Ferrari have a baseline this year - the SF70-H. If this car feels better for the driver, and is correlating well with wind tunnel/CFD data then there is no need to push. Mercedes themselves have said we’re on a different program. And based on what I’ve seen from Ferrari, I agree. The softest tyre we’ve used is the soft. We’ve done all of our running on that and the medium. Any hyperbole about the season being over is soooo annoying. It’s like children in here sometimes.

Additionally to above, Daniel Ricciardo also said he doesn’t know about Ferrari. It’s not because the couch critics in this forum are smarter than him - it’s because we’re running a different program! As such, you can’t compare lap times.

A lot of you saying this is testing and we are reading too much into this, and that teams are sandbagging and things like that.
    In testing, you really cant test a part at 80% of its operating parameters, then it is not testing. You really cannot test a engine about its reliability if you really cannot push it. James Allison said it too, there is not sandbagging in testing. It will not be a propper test if teams sandbag.

Also, this forum is our home, its our support, its the place where we can talk about our worries. Some people are worried, some are not. Maybe some worried people are writing their thoughts, and see if others will give them a reason why these thoughts are not right. So, please, lets respect each other and not scold each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    A lot of you saying this is testing and we are reading too much into this, and that teams are sandbagging and things like that.
    In testing, you really cant test a part at 80% of its operating parameters, then it is not testing. You really cannot test a engine about its reliability if you really cannot push it. James Allison said it too, there is not sandbagging in testing. It will not be a propper test if teams sandbag.

Also, this forum is our home, its our support, its the place where we can talk about our worries. Some people are worried, some are not. Maybe some worried people are writing their thoughts, and see if others will give them a reason why these thoughts are not right. So, please, lets respect each other and not scold each other.
    For the record, I’m not saying don’t read into the times. I’m merely saying - you don’t know what the times are telling us. No one on here does. The best we can hope to do is speculate, and I think it’s frankly (no offence) stupid to write off the season.

Dont know where to post this, but...
    RENAULT TEAMS MAY ADOPT 'FOUR ENGINE' APPROACH
    https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...ngine-approach

I was talking about this, that this might be a good way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post

For sure all the teams are pushing the car to the limit but that doesn't mean it always equal to lap times. You can put tons of fuel and do a qualifying run if it makes sense. Sandbagging doesn't mean you should run at less than 100% to be able to sandbag.

Guys let's have a little game of predictions here for today and tomorrow's test. It'll be fun, who is game? Start putting your predicted lap times. :)

I predict and have a feeling they will do low "1.18s" on medium tires!!!

Everyone here in the USA watches baseball spring training and enjoys the preseason games for what they are, getting ready for the real season! The games have zero impact on who's going to be in 1st place, no less who's going to win the championship. I always enjoy the same with F1 , winter off season finally over, and all the different from last year happenings, cars, drivers, rules and on and on. But!! It looks like Ferrari will win it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Just my 2 cents. Sebastian did fastest lap on soft and Hamilton on ultra soft. Hamilton was 1 second raster than vet. Soft vs ultra difference 1 second if not more. Is safe to say that vet could match Hamilton if not faster?
    I also wonder what difference the cooler temperature is making. MB historically put more heat into their tyres, which may be helpful now, and it will be interesting to see how tyre life compares when track temperatures are significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Agreed, doom and gloom seems rife now and very little debating or interesting topics. I personally think the forum is coming to it's end as it's so far away from what it used to be.
    For me I don't like the doom and gloom, especially how quickly it seems to get triggered and how little it takes to trigger it.
    Is it a good time for some new blood to take over running the forum to lead it forward?

For all the parts we saw get delivered, I haven’t noticed any changes on our car other than some heat vents next to the drivers head (everyone ran them this week due to increased temperature). I wonder why...? Do they not feel it’s necessary until Australia? Are they all non-cosmetic differences and they’ve been running them this whole time? Are they saving them for the very last day?

You’d want some decent running with the new parts to compare and test correlation.... im confused. From the pics we all spotted at least an engine cover, a front wing and a floor... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    For all the parts we saw get delivered, I haven’t noticed any changes on our car other than some heat vents next to the drivers head (everyone ran them this week due to increased temperature). I wonder why...? Do they not feel it’s necessary until Australia? Are they all non-cosmetic differences and they’ve been running them this whole time? Are they saving them for the very last day?

You’d want some decent running with the new parts to compare and test correlation.... im confused. From the pics we all spotted at least an engine cover, a front wing and a floor... hmm
    Maybe it was just spare parts!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Maybe it was just spare parts!!
    Good point. For some reason that never even crossed my mind

well you said yourself you see Merc ahead of us, post #631.