Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP: Practice & Qualifying thread

Hello everyone! Long time lurker of this forum. Nice to see everyone still optimistic for tomorrow. Good thing its dry!

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    So what is true about Parc Ferme rules? Teams are able to change car setup?

Found this on the official F1 website.
    It's not possible to change in such a way

After watchin F2 race anything can happen. Track is good for overtaking and long drag to 1st corner. Good start and can be where would have likely qualified in dry. Also Ocon and Stroll with fast straight line cars may go for glory and wipe Hamilton or Bottas out. Looking forward to the race.

Indeed the only inconsistency I see is the ruling of the stewards towards Botas actions.

Man if u read kim and vet commits after quali that they had know grip in the corners to me it sounds like knowing that there were cars that had penelties coming that they did trim some down force for the race

What is needed is for this race to disrupt its rhythm by having an incident at the front at the first corners or a safety car period where opportunities arise for pitstops that are out of sequence. It doesn't look good for Seb at this moment, but the race is over 300km so anything is possible if his speed can take advantage of situations whenever they appear. He has the skill to do so and he has a car that responds very well to his commands. And let's not forget Kimi who is long overdue for victory :)

Chin up fellas!

Lewis with his #69 pole ! He will probably finish the season in the 70s! I doubt he has any intentions of leaving Merc or Merc looking to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    What an utter disaster :(
    Can't believe I sat for that long waiting and then it ended like that, we need Seb to have a lightning start or Stroll/Ocon will just act as blockers for rapper boy.

Very shocking result indeed. If the red cars are weak in the wet, then they could be in trouble at Sepang and Suzuka where there is always chance of wet weather come race weekend. The team must sort it out soon or else...

Quote Originally Posted by long2ma View Post
    Very shocking result indeed. If the red cars are weak in the wet, then they could be in trouble at Sepang and Suzuka where there is always chance of wet weather come race weekend. The team must sort it out soon or else...
    I think its not the case. Let's judge it after today's race.
    Becoz Ferrari went with low DF for race.
    Look at max vers in q2, he was unable to switch the tyres into working temp with low DF. Then he's into pits for inters, then it was working for him.

One more incident, max vs Vettel. Where coming out of pits Vettel had the position ahead of mad max. But still in these max was looking clear track position. Was almost pushed vet off track, ridiculous.

I'm afraid Ocon and Stroll will take it easy at the start considering they both run with Merc engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm afraid Ocon and Stroll will take it easy at the start considering they both run with Merc engines...
    Lets hope our boys can jump them on Lap 1 and we go hunting down the Mercs from Lap 2 onwards.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Lets hope our boys can jump them on Lap 1 and we go hunting down the Mercs from Lap 2 onwards.
    1. Yeah that should be the case or
    2. Either stroll or ocon should hold ham at start n we clear bottas at the start. Then game on. As mercs can't follow other car in dirty air they destroy their tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. Yeah that should be the case or
    2. Either stroll or ocon should hold ham at start n we clear bottas at the start. Then game on. As mercs can't follow other car in dirty air they destroy their tyres.
    Whatever the scenario, the red cars have mountain to climb. The only hope is damage limtation.

Williams are the most spineless team on the grid. I suspect their instructions to Stroll will be to tuck in behind Hamilton and try and follow him for the rest of the race. If Verstappen hadn't received a penalty he would have had a proper go... Maybe Ocon can do something from 3rd. It's been a couple of races since Bottas took anyone out, maybe he can oblige here.

well you never know Ham might DNF today. He hasn't had one yet this season, but it will probably come at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    well you never know Ham might DNF today. He hasn't had one yet this season, but it will probably come at some point.
    Kimi, max, bottas, ric all of them had DNFs
    Only ham & vet didn't have it.
    Vet was supposed to have it in Silverstone, but luckily he got in. So pending Hamilton.

Suzuka, Singapore will be Ferrari tracks.
    If they get PU upgrade, then Malaysia is a good chance too.
    Abu Dhabi too I feel Ferrari have good chance becoz of twisty section 2.

Mexico Lewis track, Austin too.
    I thought Suzuka was more of a Merc track, similar to Silverstone.

I think you ' re right....

So, what is the weather like now in Monza?

Quote Originally Posted by Otakukim View Post
    Hello everyone! Long time lurker of this forum. Nice to see everyone still optimistic for tomorrow. Good thing its dry!
    Welcome aboard

I believe plenty of opportunity for us to get a good result today.
    At minimum, our objective should be to get Vettel finish as close to Lewis as possible, so any point loss will be minimal. And we can fight back for the WDC lead in the coming races which Ferrari should be more competitive.

Heck who knows, under a different weather condition, Ferrari might even be more competitive than Merc.

Suzuka is all about medium speed corners. Which Ferrari excells.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Dry

Let's hope it stays that way and gets warm.

maybe ferrari should take the L here and take new engine component parts, those that are on no.4 already

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Williams are the most spineless team on the grid. I suspect their instructions to Stroll will be to tuck in behind Hamilton and try and follow him for the rest of the race. If Verstappen hadn't received a penalty he would have had a proper go... Maybe Ocon can do something from 3rd. It's been a couple of races since Bottas took anyone out, maybe he can oblige here.
    They are a Mercedes customer team and probably not even allowed to run the engine in full mode when there is a Mercedes car around.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Murdoch to Felipe Massa at Monza 2014, just when Hamilton appears in his mirrors
    Do not use overtake at the minute.

Suzuka is all about medium speed corners. Which Ferrari excells.
    Yap, Silverstone is high speed.

I'm more concerned by the drivers behind us.. We are at a huge risk of getting tangled up in something in the first corner which would harm our weekend even more.. Lewis will lead the WDC after this race, question is by how many points.. If Seb can get P3, than it's still ok, but if he gets taken out, that's a big gap..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

It looks lovely and warm for the Porsche Super Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I'm more concerned by the drivers behind us.. We are at a huge risk of getting tangled up in something in the first corner which would harm our weekend even more.. Lewis will lead the WDC after this race, question is by how many points.. If Seb can get P3, than it's still ok, but if he gets taken out, that's a big gap..
    That's why Seb needs to be extremely careful. I think no need to be extremely aggressive considering he'll eventually progress a couple of places by just playing safe. We got the car and on the dry it will be the ultimate charge.