Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1039

Thread: Grand Prix De Monaco 2017 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Kimi at a football game (after monaco gp) , did he lose weight ? he looks so fit in here . He scored a hattrick

https://youtu.be/g8IfNUb8Hmc
    Sebs miss kick made me belly laugh [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

Kimi looked like he was having fun, seb wasen't lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post

Hah yeah he sucks at football.

But Kimi is very good at it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    But Kimi is very good at it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Like some people are saying, best Finnish driver and football player at the same time haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Like some people are saying, best Finnish driver and football player at the same time haha.
    above all else, he is a newfound man with a newfound family(taken 2 days ago)

Attachment 7161

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Kimi View Post
    This is very important to discuss. If there really was a teamorder, that's a disgrace for the sport. Remember back in Schumacher days. That was horrible.
    This is not gonna be a good asset to the sport and the brand Ferrari. Besides if we want to win the WCC we want a good an motivated Kimi.
    You are not gonna motivate him being no.1 in a race and send him back in traffic. Basically as a team you're saying you are no.2. Who would want that??? Well maybe for the money :) But the guy has enough money. Just let them race. The WDC is just a long shot.

that's just my opinion.
    Team orders is the sport. Go watch something else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Team orders is the sport. Go watch something else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Mandatory pit stop is another way of getting around team orders

2017 Monaco Grand Prix team radio transcript

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/06/0...io-transcript/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

From the article:

Traffic was another major source of frustration. At one point Raikkonen complained Jenson Button ahead of him wasn’t being shown blue flags. Not for the first time for a driver in 2017, this turned out to be because Raikkonen wasn’t close enough to the backmarker to trigger them – the increased turbulence from the 2017 cars has made lapping considerably more difficult.

Emphasis mine.

From the transcript:

26 From Kimi Raikkonen: Come on, how close do I have to get?
    26 To Kimi Raikkonen: Still flashing blue at the minute Kimi, still not solid blue for Button.
    29 To Kimi Raikkonen: OK let’s get back in the groove now, Kimi.

I added the colons above and formatted to make readable. The last message on lap 29 is after Kimi finally managed to pass Button and Wehrlein.

Forget mandatory pit stop trick, Just do a Austria 2002 on your teamate! Shumy's great car and Ruben's radio hooked up to the midjet Todt !! That's the sport! Forget pit stop trickery, F1 at it's best, " Let him pass! "

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    From the article:

Traffic was another major source of frustration. At one point Raikkonen complained Jenson Button ahead of him wasn’t being shown blue flags. Not for the first time for a driver in 2017, this turned out to be because Raikkonen wasn’t close enough to the backmarker to trigger them – the increased turbulence from the 2017 cars has made lapping considerably more difficult.
    Increased downforce for 2017 has had such a massive impact on on-track action e.g. Sochi and Vettel on Bottas in Barcelona. There will definitely be more processional races to come.

I do feel sorry for Raikkonen this race. Ferrari may not have explicitly given a team order, but they did leave the door wide open for Vettel.
    Mark Webber: "If you push to try and pass you kill the tyres but if you wait, then you find you're on the same strategy and finish behind them anyway".

Really!!?!?? Still debating about team orders after one week from race?!?!?! Get over it. Ferrari above all!!!! That is a greater cause and in that cause SV is one more closer to achieve WDC in Ferrari this year, beside WCC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Forget mandatory pit stop trick, Just do a Austria 2002 on your teamate! Shumy's great car and Ruben's radio hooked up to the midjet Todt !! That's the sport! Forget pit stop trickery, F1 at it's best, " Let him pass! "
    Yes poor Rubens. Feel so bad for him. Still can't believe how badly he was treated by Ferrari. to think that a mediocre driver would be given a chance to win races with dominant cars and fail to do so over and over again and then on the one occasion when he could have won a race, they ask him to move over for his much quicker team mate. Terrible. Rubens should be acknowledged as one of the greatest support drivers ever, right up with Irvine, Coulthard, and Webber.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yes poor Rubens. Feel so bad for him. Still can't believe how badly he was treated by Ferrari. to think that a mediocre driver would be given a chance to win races with dominant cars and fail to do so over and over again and then on the one occasion when he could have won a race, they ask him to move over for his much quicker team mate. Terrible. Rubens should be acknowledged as one of the greatest support drivers ever, right up with Irvine, Coulthard, and Webber.
    I don't see any problem with that!?!? All of them knew that they are there to be a part of the team and to support first violin in the team! Simply as that!

Webber was a terrible support driver. He seemed to think it was his job to support every other driver on the grid against his own teammate. He got away with it because he was friends with the team owner.

I, amazed that people got arms up in the air because Kimi got dealt a "dodgy" deal. Have i missed something? We got 1-2 at Monaco. The driver with the most points and most likely got better chance of WDC won. Whats wrong with that? If Kimi was in same position, team would of called for same tactic. Drivers deserving the win because he led and got pole do not come into it when this early in season and WDC and WCC is up for taking. Once, if Seb wins WDC, Seb and the team will repay Kimi. If you dont like or can not except team orders, well, think motorsport or any team sport is right for you.

Be happy, we leading WDC WCC and a 1-2 at MONACO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Webber was a terrible support driver. He seemed to think it was his job to support every other driver on the grid against his own teammate. He got away with it because he was friends with the team owner.
    Mark, was good team mate up until after Seb won his second title. Dont take anything away form Mark, he is a super team player (when things are fair) and driver.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I, amazed that people got arms up in the air because Kimi got dealt a "dodgy" deal. Have i missed something? We got 1-2 at Monaco. The driver with the most points and most likely got better chance of WDC won. Whats wrong with that? If Kimi was in same position, team would of called for same tactic. Drivers deserving the win because he led and got pole do not come into it when this early in season and WDC and WCC is up for taking. Once, if Seb wins WDC, Seb and the team will repay Kimi. If you dont like or can not except team orders, well, think motorsport or any team sport is right for you.

yep as this is nothing knew from past history.

Mark, was good team mate up until after Seb won his second title. Dont take anything away form Mark, he is a super team player (when things are fair) and driver.
    agreed...the "gentlemans" driver and a good one at that. He knew when it was time to go and venture off into another arena.

Well said Rob! Every word

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Kimi at a football game (after monaco gp) , did he lose weight ? he looks so fit in here . He scored a hattrick

https://youtu.be/g8IfNUb8Hmc

All is good :), by the looks of it

http://www.planetf1.com/news/all-smi...and-raikkonen/

Yes poor Rubens. Feel so bad for him. Still can't believe how badly he was treated . Terrible. Rubens should be acknowledged as one of the greatest support drivers ever, right up with Irvine, Coulthard, and Webber.
    First and foremost fans must acknowledge the midjet Todt and his high performance turbo, areodynamic Radio installed in Ruben's car. Where would Schumy have been without it? I'm glad all over that you also feel so bad for on of the greatest drivers namely Rubens. I'm not alone. Always ready to support the team. One of a kind. Just imagine when Ferrari was in a 1,2 position asking Schumy to " Let Rubens pass." As many times as Rubens had to. Webber also just loved moving over or lending his car's nose to his teamate. F1 racing at it's best.

First and foremost fans must acknowledge the midjet Todt and his high performance turbo, areodynamic Radio installed in Ruben's car. Where would Schumy have been without it? I'm glad all over that you also feel so bad for on of the greatest drivers namely Rubens. I'm not alone. Always ready to support the team. One of a kind. Just imagine when Ferrari was in a 1,2 position asking Schumy to " Let Rubens pass." As many times as Rubens had to. Webber also just loved moving over or lending his car's nose to his teamate. F1 racing at it's best.
    Why so salty bro? You entered following this sport knowing that team orders exist. Watch other motorsport series like IndyCar or Nascar if you don't want team orders.

Ya. That had to be one awesome radio in Rubens car. He had to be one of the quickest radio trigger fingers In F1. Imagine getting paid all that money and having no pressure on you to actually need to win a race, can trundle around the track slow as you want counting the dollar signs in your bank account every lap and only once in a while having to give up a position and Only answer the radio when it beeps. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I don't see any problem with that!?!? All of them knew that they are there to be a part of the team and to support first violin in the team! Simply as that!
    It was sarcasm. I know Brembo likes Ruben. So I bug him about it. It was all in jest. I appreciate what Rubens did for Ferrari I'm just having fun with Brembo.

It was sarcasm. I know Brembo likes Ruben. So I bug him about it. It was all in jest. I appreciate what Rubens did for Ferrari I'm just having fun with Brembo.
    Never a problem! Just always keep in mind I am in #1 position with regards to being sarcastic! Those are team orders!!

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-314004.html

How many times, these people play dirty politics in every regulation change.
    they did have their say in 2017 regulation changes. Now again they want to play their hand in 2020 changes???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-314004.html

How many times, these people play dirty politics in every regulation change.
    they did have their say in 2017 regulation changes. Now again they want to play their hand in 2020 changes???
    It looks like F1 really doesn't want to lose Red Bull. This secret meeting is unfair and doesn't look good at all. It looks like they are pushing for more simple and cheaper engines so they can bring a new and exclusive engine manufacturer in the sport. I wonder, can F1 get a lot simpler in the future now when fully electric engines and autonomous driving is the future? Maybe F1 will stop being the pinnacle of technology in 10 years time because of the current technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    It looks like F1 really doesn't want to lose Red Bull. This secret meeting is unfair and doesn't look good at all. It looks like they are pushing for more simple and cheaper engines so they can bring a new and exclusive engine manufacturer in the sport. I wonder, can F1 get a lot simpler in the future now when fully electric engines and autonomous driving is the future? Maybe F1 will stop being the pinnacle of technology in 10 years time because of the current technology.
    I don't have a problem if other engine manufacturers are able to come into the sport IF the engines become cheaper and less complicated. I know electric and autonomy is the future, but IMO, leave that to cities were there is mass population and smog is rampant; less face it, global population is increasing. I'm sure all the Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's in the world are hardly contributing to the CO2 emission's of the world let alone the people in their exclusive jets and mega-yachts (why is it that everyone targets them for supposedly creating or not being "environmentally safe?") when its the majority of the population.

F1 needs to decide whether it wants to remain an "entertainment" for motorsport or be at the cuttng edge of automotive technology.....which we already have Formula E. I hope it's the former and not the latter.

I imagine all the top teams will be having meetings and input with the new owners.
    Forza Ferrari

F1 needs to decide whether it wants to remain an "entertainment" for motorsport or be at the cuttng edge of automotive technology.....which we already have Formula E. I hope it's the former and not the latter.
    But F1 has always been the pinnacle of technology where from new innovations constantly arise. Now, when the future is fully electric engines and autonomous driving, Liberty Media has some extremely tough calls to make. The future of the automotive industry and transport industry is the totally opposite of F1's trademark. F1 can't exist with fully electric engines let alone autonomous driving. Having said that, it looks like F1 will have to find new ways to remain at the same level while not being the pinnacle of technology development. However, how will they manage to do that? The primary objective of the manufacturers in F1 is to showcase and develop new technology. What benefit will they have from just racing with lesser technology? I don't know, but some very tough calls will have to be made in order to preserve F1's integrity.

I'm sure all the Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's in the world are hardly contributing to the CO2 emission's of the world
    But many Hondas, Renaults and Mercs are.
    Last edited by Stormy; 5th June 2017 at 13:09.