Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP Race Thread

I can't help think what could have been the result had seb started say.... p4 or p5. I mean clearly he's exceptional around here. Anyway now it's done and dusted. Over to sepang. I'm sure he'll do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If Merc could tell us when Lewis was going to pit then sure that would be great...
    yeah, and that would be a BLUFF also....would you trust them even if they told you which lap they would pit???? LOLOL

all and all mate, they are just playing with us....weather be "brakes" issues or whatever....their pace is out of this world and mostly their power unit, they have soooooo much power on hand is not even funny....

even with the rules change for next year, they'll still be WAY ahead of everyone just because of their engine....one good thing is that there are NO limited tokens for next year and engine development is ALL OPEN....so as far as engine dept. Ferrari have NO excuse NOt to come up with an engine just as good as Mercs

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    If we would have pitted one lap earlier Hamilton wouldn't pit at all and there would still be moaning about bad strategy...
    ^this....

Merc is just faking mechanical issues so as to give the impression that there's some competitive racing going on when in reality there is none. Who cares if RB sometimes makes a podium or even us. Formula One is dominated by MB and played at will. The whole thing wreaks. Aghhh

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    When Vettel pitted he was clearly faster than NR and much faster than Lewis and Kimi.
    Mercedes, simply saw that difference. If Kimi had a earlier pit stop than Hamilton(he was strugglin on this set of tires) he could overtake both Ric and Lewis.

Anyway, great job from Kimi and Vettel.
    yeah it seems that ferrari helped mercedes with that they saw how fast vettel was and did the numbers, something that ferrari should have done aswell, anyway it was a good race , just guted Kimi lost the podium at the end

I dont think our PU is the problem. Νevertheless our chassis is behind Toro Rosso..
    So the 0.8 merc beat us by in Monza qualy was chassis related ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If Merc could tell us when Lewis was going to pit then sure that would be great...
    Merc switched to plan b as we all know. Those tires should have been ready in hand so we could have pitted kimi right after Hamilton
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Merc switched to plan b as we all know. Those tires should have been ready in hand so we could have pitted kimi right after Hamilton
    We did pit right after him?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    So the 0.8 merc beat us by in Monza qualy was chassis related ?
    In monza, our worse sector was the 2nd. Which isn't the fastest of straight line speed.

This race clearly demonstrated how powerful Merc's PU is. Sure they have good downforce and active this and that but being able to close gaps and extend gaps in a wink of a eye is just PU related. it is definitely in their electronics they are probably producing more then 160hp mandated for the hybrid system. Maybe they have more free energy after harvesting and can feed it somewhere somehow. I have never seen their PU derate

This race clearly demonstrated how powerful Merc's PU is. Sure they have good downforce and active this and that but being able to close gaps and extend gaps in a wink of a eye is just PU related. it is definitely in their electronics they are probably producing more then 160hp mandated for the hybrid system. Maybe they have more free energy after harvesting and can feed it somewhere somehow. I have never seen their PU derate
    It doesnt make any sense. FI/Williams were slower than Alonso and Toro Rosso..

Those are customer teams do you think they are getting same spec PU as works team ?

you actually think that FI/Williams have the SAME power unit/hybrid system as the Mercedes??? if you think that you are very dillusional.....the Merc engine/hybrid system is NOT what tehy give to other customers

or maybe they are doing somehing more clever like producing more then 160HP out of their hybrid system....which i thought it SHOULD be illegal....but who knows

Those are customer teams do you think they are getting same spec PU as works team ?
    Even a gutted Mercedes PU is much faster than Ferrari 2015 spec and Honda's engine. You represent it as our only deficit is engine..

I believe their "active" suspension gives them a huge advantage.Ofc Mercedes engine is faster aswell, but I dont think that's the major issue of Ferrari.

If Kimi had stayed out and not Pitted I think Ham would have passed him anyway because when they told him to turn up the engine he closed the gap to Kimi with ease. So Ham would have closed on Kimi at a more rapid rate than Ric closed on Ros and would have passed Kimi. We unfortunately do not have the luxury of turning up the engine at will to keep Merc at bay and not suffer increased fuel usage

There is not a 2nd best, or a 3rd best. There is the best and everyone else is a loser.
    It amazes me that we even speak about this, trying to adjust to the fact that Mercedes dominates the sport and for us it could or even should be better if we were the better of the rest.

I am sorry, I do not know about you but if you're not #1 you're loser, and if memory does not fail me, that was the attitude that Enzo had instilled to this team as well.

Other than that, I believe that this was a great race. Both Kimi and Seb did their best.
    I don't know if there was a mistake in pitting kimi when they did, what I -do- know is that with ifs and buts there is no way people can achieve anything meaningful.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Kimi would have lost 3rd whether he'd pitted when he did or earlier/later, HAM would have been able to turn the engine up and get him anyway, IMO. But at least he passed HAM beforehand!! Better than expected result except for the lack of a podium, and both drivers did all they could, Seb's climb through the field was real bonus after the disastrous quali. Not much else to add, except I hope that next year's car will show some innovation and lead from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There is not a 2nd best, or a 3rd best. There is the best and everyone else is a loser.
    It amazes me that we even speak about this, trying to adjust to the fact that Mercedes dominates the sport and for us it could or even should be better if we were the better of the rest.

I am sorry, I do not know about you but if you're not #1 you're loser, and if memory does not fail me, that was the attitude that Enzo had instilled to this team as well.

Other than that, I believe that this was a great race. Both Kimi and Seb did their best.
    I don't know if there was a mistake in pitting kimi when they did, what I -do- know is that with ifs and buts there is no way people can achieve anything meaningful.
    Kinda extreme approach... But I cannot say that I don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Kinda extreme approach... But I cannot say that I don't agree
    Remember Ricky Bobby, if you're not first, you're last.

Yes, I am a 'worshipper' but for the 3rd. consecutive race I really enjoyed the performances of both drivers. Well done both Kimi and Seb

Priceless Verstappens' 'Oh come on' on the radio when stuck behind one of the Toro Rosso's

We might be the 'third power' at the moment, but I love the fighting spirit of the team.

Forza Ferrari

Given the situation, we did ok...the cars looked good
    and had some speed. Give these in house guys a little time,
    mabey they'll get things sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Given the situation, we did ok...the cars looked good
    and had some speed. Give these in house guys a little time,
    mabey they'll get things sorted.
    A "little time" ? They had 9 (!!) years - how much more do they need?
    We are now happy to finish 4 and 5. How did we come to this state given the superiority we had beginning of the century?? How can the team be happy with p 4/5?? Where has our reliability gone? Who is sitting in the pits playing strategists? Are they some rookies reading "F1 strategy 101"? Development-helpless, reliability-even worse, strategy-counterproductive. 9years in a raw!!! 9years, not one, not two or three, 9 and counting.
    Just read MA words - he says "fantastic overtake" of Hamster by Kimi, when Hamster almost lost his car, and he is sayng it with boasting pride!!
    Pathetic, pathetic!! Enzo should be turning in his grave!!
    Sergio Morchione should go to Maranello with a big broom and start from top to bottom.

Maurizio Arrivabene: ”It’s fair to say that we drove an aggressive race today! Kimi’s move on Hamilton to pass him on track shows that he’s not a world champion by chance. Considering the distance to cover to the end of the race, and tire degradation, it made sense to call him to box one more time to cover Mercedes’ strategy. As for Seb, it’s a shame that he was so penalized by his starting position, but he drove a fantastic race, supported by perfect strategy. There are six more races to the end of the season, and all of them will be important.”

Kimi Raikkonen: ”It was a good and solid race, the car was behaving well and we had a pretty good speed. Obviously it was very difficult to overtake, but at one point Hamilton made a mistake and I managed to pass him, then after the pit stop he got the position back. We lost the place there, I don’t know how and why they managed to jump us, and I don’t know what would have happened if we would have stayed out. Now we have to go through everything, see what happened and what we could have done better. Today we gained one place from the starting position, but of course this is not the result we are looking for, we are trying to be in position to win, but we need to make the car a bit faster.”

Sebastian Vettel: ”We sure had a good strategy today, also we had the chance to make a big progress with a safety car, but it didn’t come, so P5 is a very good result. Thanks to the team, I had been a bit down after qualifying yesterday. What nobody wanted to happen has happened, so we had to deal with it and move on. My start was not good, then there was the accident so I took it a bit easy; most important, the car was still intact, but after the restart it was tricky to get the tires working, I was on the primes, I lost quite a lot of time behind the Sauber, it was quite tough to get past, but then it was important to survive until we fitted the last set of Ultrasofts at the end, where we really could unfold the pace. In the last laps we had a big gap from the front and from the back, so I took it easy. I know patience is not a quality of the Ferraristi, it’s not a quality of mine either, we are here to win and we’re not satisfied until it happens, but we’re progressing step by step and one day I think it will pay off. I believe in the team, and I believe that in the future it will be better.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    A "little time" ? They had 9 (!!) years - how much more do they need?
    We are now happy to finish 4 and 5. How did we come to this state given the superiority we had beginning of the century?? How can the team be happy with p 4/5?? Where has our reliability gone? Who is sitting in the pits playing strategists? Are they some rookies reading "F1 strategy 101"? Development-helpless, reliability-even worse, strategy-counterproductive. 9years in a raw!!! 9years, not one, not two or three, 9 and counting.
    Just read MA words - he says "fantastic overtake" of Hamster by Kimi, when Hamster almost lost his car, and he is sayng it with boasting pride!!
    Pathetic, pathetic!! Enzo should be turning in his grave!!
    Sergio Morchione should go to Maranello with a big broom and start from top to bottom.
    How ever long it takes....Im a Ferrari person for a long time.
    So I follow my team. Could things get better? Sure, but they will.
    I do get upset w/some decisions, moves, etc etc, but if
    youre a fan of a team u take the good w/the bad, move on to the next race.
    Theyre not going to win every race as some people it seems, expect,
    then barge the internet w/sarcasm and negativity when they dont.
    They look a bit better than last race, so I'll take the results
    given the situation and I'll tune in next time boys n girls.

Agree!!! It is painful, but they will get it soon...or may not, but we support Ferrari in the good times and the bad times. It is funny... People fill the pages only when Ferrari are wining... And now where is all the fans??
    Oh yea they suck!!

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

+1

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I can't help think what could have been the result had seb started say.... p4 or p5. I mean clearly he's exceptional around here. Anyway now it's done and dusted. Over to sepang. I'm sure he'll do well there.
    4th or 3rd. Seb's pace was not better than Kimi's.

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    Last place is almost like pole for Seb!!! He's Great !! Kimi's great !

Quote Originally Posted by barzini77 View Post
    It's impossible to compare Vettel and Raikkonen's race yesterday. They were both on their own strategy and they both did a great job. Would Vettel have been any better had he started up front? It's an endless debate because we will never know. But, common sense says that Vettel is an absolute beast around Singapore. I would not in the least have been surprised if Vettel put it on the front row here and romped home to a win. Track position is king here and you just can't ever tell what's going to happen. I would have said the same for Raikkonen if he had come from plum last to 5th at Spa. All drivers have a special track, this was Vettel's.

Most importantly, it doesn't matter what Vettel and Raikkonen do relative to each other. The drivers and the PU are the least of Ferrari's issues. The issues lie in the operating window of the tyres, the aero and chassis along with an appalling strategy team.

Ferrari simply don't look like a team ready to win the WCC or the WDC. My heart sank when they reacted to Hamilton's stop yesterday and the smirk on Toto's face was like someone driving a dagger through my heart. What Ferrari desperately need is someone of the calibre of James Vowels or preferably Will Courtenay to lead the strategy side of things. What's worse is not accepting your error. Vettel did 25 laps on the S tyre in a car with a full tank of fuel, while Raikkonen had to do 27 with the same tyre on a quarter of a tank with a race track fully rubbered in. Fans on television knew that it was a mistake to box Raikkonen. The worst case scenario for Raikkonen was to lose his place to Hamilton if he did two stop or the dreaded worst would be to fall to 5th behind Vettel. What would Ferrari lose? Nothing! They simply panicked and were being reactive instead of being pro-active. Ferrari are lucky they have two drivers fully backing the team and not maligning it for it's errors on the pit wall. Everyone makes mistakes, but when it happens repeatedly and so obviously you tend to ask yourself whether they're really serious about becoming world champions again!