Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: German GP Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    the 2005 rule changes were made to stop us dominating and winning like we had for previous 4 years.
    Exactly! And Ferrari failed. That is my point.

Wow!!!! This is what makes F1 unique. This is what makes billions of followers...

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...nd-lap-germany

Ofcourse I am cynical!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly! And Ferrari failed. That is my point.
    they didnt fail. Rules were made to stop us winning. Tyres lasting all race and qualifying, reduced aero. All were meant to stop us winning. And it worked.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

they didnt fail. Rules were made to stop us winning. Tyres lasting all race and qualifying, reduced aero. All were meant to stop us winning. And it worked.
    Exactly again. But that was FIA goal. I sincerely doubt that Ferrari had a same goal of stop themselfs winning!!!!

Exactly again. But that was FIA goal. I sincerely doubt that Ferrari had a same goal of stop themselfs winning!!!!
    yeah so why you saying Ferrari failed? FIA set out rules to have new winners.

If you say your now "numb" to Ferrari not winning, why you still moaning about how rubbish the car is and team is? End of the day, its a situation got to except. Its not a great situation. But all this moaning and constant spoilt brat comments coming from you and other memebers is shocking and embarrassing. All grown adults, well most but acting like kids who cannt win.

F1 is dire at the moment, Ferrari are in turmoil, but what will it does gain when "fans" turn on the team? yes i dont want see team like this. But does it help getting on here and banging away on the laptop all whats wrong with the team? no SAD BUT TRUE as someone likes to say.

If you and people want to support a winning team, im sure Mercedes would welcome fans or even RBR.

F1 goes in cycles, our turn will come along soon. When it does, the win and WDC WCC will taste sooo much sweeter because of these dire years. Im old enough to understand life and F1, but you know thats the way i have been bought up. To look at life abit different. Im a winner, but i except situations, if cannt win take what you get and be happy.

Life is waaaay to short to be bitter.

Well Michelin as a French company did everything they could to help Renault win and it was effective as we saw. Too bad Pirelli can't do the same for Ferrari.

yeah so why you saying Ferrari failed? FIA set out rules to have new winners.

If you say your now "numb" to Ferrari not winning, why you still moaning about how rubbish the car is and team is? End of the day, its a situation got to except. Its not a great situation. But all this moaning and constant spoilt brat comments coming from you and other memebers is shocking and embarrassing. All grown adults, well most but acting like kids who cannt win.

F1 is dire at the moment, Ferrari are in turmoil, but what will it does gain when "fans" turn on the team? yes i dont want see team like this. But does it help getting on here and banging away on the laptop all whats wrong with the team? no SAD BUT TRUE as someone likes to say.

If you and people want to support a winning team, im sure Mercedes would welcome fans or even RBR.

F1 goes in cycles, our turn will come along soon. When it does, the win and WDC WCC will taste sooo much sweeter because of these dire years. Im old enough to understand life and F1, but you know thats the way i have been bought up. To look at life abit different. Im a winner, but i except situations, if cannt win take what you get and be happy.

Life is waaaay to short to be bitter.
    As I said in some other thread over here, and I agree with you, life is way to short to be giving it just like that on stupid things. Now stupid thing is to be upset about Ferrari failure for years in F1. That is why I have said that I am numb. I have embraced this numb state of Ferrari in F1 and that's it! I am not moaning I am not thrashing the team, but as a supporter and guarantee freedoom of thinking and speach I have a right to say my opinion. As you I also have that life approach of YES I CAN, and that is why I am not satysfied with the results of team whome I am supporting. In my eyes they are not giving their best, or their best is not best enough, given the tools and money they have!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Well Michelin as a French company did everything they could to help Renault win and it was effective as we saw. Too bad Pirelli can't do the same for Ferrari.
    Michelin knew/know how to make an endurance tyre. There only one tyre make now, imagine the uproar now if Pirelli helped Ferrari develope a tyre. Plus, in tose years we had a tyre war.
    Last edited by Rob; 1st August 2016 at 08:58.

OK. FIA succeeded that year. But in 2009 and in 2014?

we should have won 2012 wdc at least. I still blame Crashjean for that.

we should have won 2012 wdc at least. I still blame Crashjean for that.
    What about 2010? Who do you blame?

Michelin knew/know how to make an endurance tyre. There only one tyre make now, imagine the uproar now if Pirelli helped Ferrari develope a tyre. Plus, in tose years we had a tyre war.
    You're right I can imagine the uproar, but F1 is about breaking the rules if you can get away with it. RBR and Merc have gotten away with plenty.

What about 2010? Who do you blame?
    the whole team really, too many mistakes.

You're right I can imagine the uproar, but F1 is about breaking the rules if you can get away with it. RBR and Merc have gotten away with plenty.
    they may of done, but if the FIA clears the cars to race, they not breaking any rules. Both have done better jobs. Not about breaking rules.

the 2005 rule changes were made to stop us dominating and winning like we had for previous 4 years.
    Yes the rules were changed to stop us being so dominant, but there was alot more oppotunities for the other teams to catch up, with less financial regulation and free in season testing and unlimited updates.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Yes the rules were changed to stop us being so dominant, but there was alot more oppotunities for the other teams to catch up, with less financial regulation and free in season testing and unlimited updates.
    in those years we didnt need to find the money to go hire a track for few days. We had/got our own test track. Where we were able to do days of testing, with out the worry of running out of testing budget.

in those years we didnt need to find the money to go hire a track for few days. We had/got our own test track. Where we were able to do days of testing, with out the worry of running out of testing budget.
    Yea, Shumi used to pound round Fiorano endlessly. Testing really does help. 1 of the nastiest rules
    they have now.

That track we invested into , one needs remember. Other teams at least back in the day did not.
    That was not Ferrari's problem.
    As far as I am concerned what happened with testing is one of the worst mistakes in F1.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Penultimate lap in Hockenheim. Good job Kimi was a way back!

Vettel must be having a hard time seeing how RBR is running away both on track and in the developement race.

I'm having a hard time with it, too! Seeing the fizzy drinks company beating us has always been a painful thing for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    Vettel must be having a hard time seeing how RBR is running away both on track and in the developement race.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio