Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari re-signs Kimi for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    If management would really want NR then make an NR-KR swap.
    Now that would be interesting, I'd love to see Kimi in a competitive car, would root for him to beat Ham every race! But I'd rather he stayed at Ferrari, to be honest.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Frankly I would not want to see either Rosberg or Hamilton in a Ferrari. They are not the ones bringing success to Merc, it's the car, so if they would come here probably it would not change a thing, plus i dislike both of them. Rosberg's trolling of Ferrari and Hamilton's idea of how to show his wealth makes me not like them as persons, and they are our rivals after all.
    Ferrari's problem is the car, not the drivers, as I feel we have equal or better drivers compared to Mercedes. Kimi has been performing very well this season and Seb, we know he has the speed.

Why on earth would we replace Kimi in 2017? He is showing speed and consistency at the moment, despite some bad luck again.

Kimi is doing what he should.. Why replace him with Nico? If the team believes Seb can win the title when given only a small chance, we need someone who scores the points for the team and who also takes points from our oponents.. Not someone who takes points from Seb.. Unless we want someone else to challenge for the WDC.. Kimi is doing so great this year.. I mean.. We could have fired him after 2014, but we didn't.. If we do it now it's just ridiculous.. Only if it is for a young gun.. But I don't see Ferrari doing that
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

When I first saw this thread yesterday, I immediately thought that Alonso was trying to orchestrate a move into Mercedes, leaving Rosberg to the side. I could see Ferrari wanting Rosberg in the hopes of getting some additional information on Merc's advantage (not that he'd have a ton of information to begin with).
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    No, last week he said that he wants to continue.
    That's good to hear.

Hamilton should pursue his "music" and "fashion" career, Alonso should take his ride and we'll see if he really does have another championship left in him. Rosberg can stay
    where he is because we won't let Kimi go!

On Rosberg "flirting" with Ferrari, Sebastiano Vettello said it's okay with him as "long as he isn't flirting with me" and to
    just ask Maurizio Arrivabene.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    On Rosberg "flirting" with Ferrari, Sebastiano Vettello said it's okay with him as "long as he isn't flirting with me" and to
    Yeah Vettel not saying yes or no, surely he knows this is pure speculation and is having a laugh. Both Seb and Kimi should concentrate, along with the team, on the car as we look as far behind/worse than last year on performance compared to the others

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Seb gave the perfect answer for this question! :D

I wouldn't mind Alonso back in the Ferrari. Maybe he'd take this year's car to the next level in qualifying and race starts - I think he has unfinished business at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I wouldn't mind Alonso back in the Ferrari. Maybe he'd take this year's car to the next level in qualifying and race starts - I think he has unfinished business at Ferrari.
    I see the logic in that, but I also see the logic in moving forward and, perhaps bringing Fernando back would be moving to the past rather than looking to the future.
    My personal choice would be to replace Kimi with Dan. Seb has a good block of years left, but looking further into the future, lets see how the skills of Max and Carlos as well as some of the FDA drivers develop to eventually replace Seb.

Kimi @ 61 pts. Lewis @ 57. Replace who @ Ferrari ????

The replacement of Kimi at this point makes no sense ...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The replacement of Kimi at this point makes no sense ...
    I agree, I just brought up Alonso only because of the rumours of Rosburg and Sainz, when I'm quite happy having Kimi who's lately been giving us more and more glimpses of his true speed. Qualy is his weakness but his race craft appears to have been rebooted with this year's car, showing some stunning and hard drives. Maybe Ferrari will play the dangling carrot trick to keep him on his toes, as I believe Ferrari have some kind of special place for Kimi and appreciate his smooth integration and fairness within both sides of the garage.

Both Räikkönen and Rosberg are safe options. But why not give McLaren's third driver a try. At least Enzo showed some balls in 1977. All Ferrari do is playing things safe lately.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    Both Räikkönen and Rosberg are safe options. But why not give McLaren's third driver a try. At least Enzo showed some balls in 1977. All Ferrari do is playing things safe lately.
    Max was the real option
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Max was the real option
    There's too much hype over him. You could've honestly put just as capable of a driver like Grosjean or Hulkenberg in that Red Bull and he would've also won given the same strategic calls. F1 is about the cars these days; not the drivers.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    When I first saw this thread yesterday, I immediately thought that Alonso was trying to orchestrate a move into Mercedes, leaving Rosberg to the side. I could see Ferrari wanting Rosberg in the hopes of getting some additional information on Merc's advantage (not that he'd have a ton of information to begin with).
    as usually behind every move in f1 is Alonso's ambition to get a better drive. get over him once
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    as usually behind every move in f1 is Alonso's ambition to get a better drive. get over him once
    well, if Alonso gets behind the wheels of one of those mercs, Ferrari can kiss goodbye whatever lil chance of WDC or WCC we have.
    On the other hand, if Lewis and Nando start from where they left off, back to their glorious 2007 days... we could be getting both. Like Kimi got the WDC in 2007.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    well, if Alonso gets behind the wheels of one of those mercs, Ferrari can kiss goodbye whatever lil chance of WDC or WCC we have.
    On the other hand, if Lewis and Nando start from where they left off, back to their glorious 2007 days... we could be getting both. Like Kimi got the WDC in 2007.
    How Ironically would that be.. Fernando finaly gets the car he wants, but things don't go his way and Kimi is there to grab the WDC and become champion again after a long whait..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    How Ironically would that be.. Fernando finaly gets the car he wants, but things don't go his way and Kimi is there to grab the WDC and become champion again after a long whait..
    lol.. would be ironic indeed. Think Nando might kill himself if that happens.
    Silently, like a shadow

how exactly would Kimi win WDC if Fernado will replace Rosberg who will replace Kimi? your logic kind of fails here...
    not gonna change my profile picture

Ros at Ferrari? He isnt that good. Everyones great when they r in
    a front running car, at the front of the pack. I havent seen anything from
    him to show me he's a better choice than a number of drivers, especially when he's fighting from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Ros at Ferrari? He isnt that good. Everyones great when they r in
    a front running car, at the front of the pack. I havent seen anything from
    him to show me he's a better choice than a number of drivers, especially when he's fighting from behind.
    Well he did take Lewis out for us !

Kimi stays /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I havent seen anything from
    He already showed what he is capable of in Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    There's too much hype over him. You could've honestly put just as capable of a driver like Grosjean or Hulkenberg in that Red Bull and he would've also won given the same strategic calls. F1 is about the cars these days; not the drivers.
    Not sure I agree, but I will say that..even Pastor Maldonado won a race...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He already showed what he is capable of in Williams.
    If it was anything worth remembering, I wouldve remembered.