Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2016 Free Practice and Qualifying

Must say that Seb was really fast in Practice 3. Next qualy where Mercs pulls off 0.5 sec out of the hat

Very good pace shown by Ferrari. Mercs reliabilty is not looking that good this year. Wolf could be telling the trusth about Merc pushing their engines to the Max thats why they are having reliability problems. Hamilton is realy struggling with his car this weekend the onboard shots reveal the car is not as planted as we are used to seeing it but then again their qualy mode will make up for it with the speed they'll be getting. I also believe Seb's time could have been better he ran deep at that hairpin bend and got some turbulent air from the car in front so lets hope we can get P2

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Next qualy where Mercs pulls off 0.5 sec out of the hat
    that has been the usual pattern, but I have still some hopes, because they stayed over that 1.23. So I think that was max, on the limit, or something like that, but we will see

Must say that Seb was really fast in Practice 3. Next qualy where Mercs pulls off 0.5 sec out of the hat
    For sure they'll do.. We did our S lap later then them so they'll improve and they Always got something in the pocket.
    I think we can almost match them in S1 and S2, so after S2 we are perhaps 0,2s away or almost on par.. But we'll loose at least 0,5s in S3.. If they nail the chicane and we struggle slightly, it can easy be 0,7s

So for me, if we are 0,5s behind them, I'm "very happy" (obviously I want to be in front of them, but last year we were 1s behind, so that would be a massive improvement), we just need to look out for RBR and don't screw it up.. Also for the race, RBR will be stronger in race then qualy.. We can't afford to loose time with them
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    RBR seems to be good around here.. We should be better
    maybe RBR just looks to be close, because track is so short

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    maybe RBR just looks to be close, because track is so short
    that could also be said teh same about us....we'll in just 1.5 hours where we stack up

Forza Ferrari
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Doubt it, RBR really have a good car.. They just lack some HP
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I really don't understand why they are doing that?! Trolling, sandbagging... Why?! If I where them I would crush the competition big time! All guns blazing! Why playing around and giving false hope to the others?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I really don't understand why they are doing that?! Trolling, sandbagging... Why?! If I where them I would crush the competition big time! All guns blazing! Why playing around and giving false hope to the others?
    Well then it's stupid for others to believe in those false hope, isn't it? They should only focus on themselves in the practice sessions, which is I think most of them do.
    Anyways, my 2 cents on qualy results-
    Same pecking order as FP3, except the gap from Ros to Vettel increasing by 5 tenths.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Off topic but would it be an advantage if Ferrari get James key. I mean having James allison as TP and James kay as TD will realy help Ferrari in terms of car development for next years car. The prospect of firing MA is realy hard to digest but we realy need to look at the bigger picture having 2 technical experts could help us alot

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Off topic but would it be an advantage if Ferrari get James key. I mean having James allison as TP and James kay as TD will realy help Ferrari in terms of car development for next years car. The prospect of firing MA is realy hard to digest but we realy need to look at the bigger picture having 2 technical experts could help us alot
    I really don't see the point of firing MA.. A team boss needs to unite the team and makes sure everyone has got the right environment to work at their best, I think Maurizio is doing that.. James only needs to focus on developing the car and needs to get a green light to do wathever he wants without to much administrative delay in aproval etc.. I don't think MA is causing problems a that point..
    By making James TP, he needs to do a lot of other stuff that has nothing do to with designing the car, so I don't see the point.. Which team has there best designer as TP?!

Ofcourse Key seems to be doing a good job at STR, so we should try and get him, but I really don't see the point in him replacing Allison and giving Allison the position off TP.. Don't forget: what we were able to recover from 2014 going to 2015, and the improven we made this year are both huge so..

Ferrari can take a pole here.

yeah, ONLY if both Mercs mess up their lap....otherwise i'm not so sure

but let's hope your prediction is right
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

ROS really strong in S3 this weekend

We can take pole everywhere, but we're at least 0,5s off Mercs here

verstapen quicker then Kimi.....

Bad lap from Seb

game over, seb even worse then kimi

Nothing impressive....

those red bulls are really gonna spoil our weekend..

our pace NOT so good so far....if we would have had someting in teh BAG we would have shown it in Q1 as well

obviously there is NOT much in our bad to show for

sad but true

Both RB ahead of us in Q1
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

wait for Q3

Seb didn't even pushed on that lap.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Wonder if we are sandbagging or having trouble with tyres as temperature is 42

Man. I'm impressed with Max, first time in this car & already faster than Ric

Max ves within .5sec huhhh both RB car ahead of us...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    those red bulls are really gonna spoil our weekend..

our pace NOT so good so far....if we would have had someting in teh BAG we would have shown it in Q1 as well

obviously there is NOT much in our bad to show for

sad but true
    Look at the FP3 times. They can do a 1:23:0 easily. Mercedes can go even quicker, but our maximum is not high 1:23 low 1:24.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Much more in the car, RAI S2 was average and messed up S3.. Seb simply messed up the whole lap..
    I hope they did it to save the tyre and use it again in qualy.. Otherwise I'm dissappointed in our drivers.. However, the laps that matter still need to come..

We knew RBR would be very close here.. Let's just hope we are ahead of them after the first couple of turns, otherwise there is no chance of us challenging Mercs in the race..

Really impressed by Verstappen, imagine he would score a podium here..

so we're NOT good when track temps are low, we're NOT good when track is nice and hot.....then when the heck are we good?????

We should be good in these conditions. I think overheating issues turned up