Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Spanish GP 2016 Free Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Question is that if they did change either Ferrari is not able to adjust to temperature changes or the car is ultrasensitive to said possible weather changes.
    So what? The conditions are the same for everyone and if a couple of degrees influience negatively our car it's our problems, our minus. The other cars seem to do well even if the conditiosn change a bit, whilst our suffers even when a fly passes by.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    You are right, but the died hard Ferrari fans would start to look for excuses to say why this ferraru is failing. the chassis is not good enough
    And how do you know its the chassis and not wrong setup?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Something's not right... Vettel in FP3 was on Mediums, did a 9-lap stint, made a mistake in s3 and was FASTER than Qualifying... What the...?

No need to blame our drivers...car is not good at all..it may have some power..but its not good with the chassis.. Aero or traction..

The problem is we lost a huge amount of pace from FP3 to Q, and we don't know why..
    Design team at ferrari are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    So what? The conditions are the same for everyone and if a couple of degrees influience negatively our car it's our problems, our minus. The other cars seem to do well even if the conditiosn change a bit, whilst our suffers even when a fly passes by.
    Exactly. Mercs improved their time & so did Red Bull. How is it every time we get left behind?

it would be a MIRACLE if we end up THIRD tomorrow....but something tells me we won't and on of the red fools will take that spot

maybe our engine is now overheating with those SLIM sidepods we have...and had to turn down the power

all in all this is NOT the Ferrari i was expecting over the winter testing we had.....it seems that every weekend we're going more backwards and more backwards
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    You should definitely approach the team with your findings ASAP.
    You been hereally for a long time and you know the engine is not really the problem here, if you look at the top speed, but aero package and chassis iso even below To to Rosso on the grid. First redbull, merc, Mclaren, Toro Rosso and the Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    It means that if that is one problem with current car then there is development work that can be done in that field.

Unless they decide to go by the recent "sack everyone" suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    It's not just about our pace and the fact we're behind RBR, that's not our biggest problem.. The problem is we lost a huge amount of pace from FP3 to Q, and we don't know why..
    Kimi's 1.23.1 in qualy is the best we did all weekend. That is the most ae could get out of the car

You been hereally for a long time and you know the engine is not really the problem here, if you look at the top speed, but aero package and chassis iso even below To to Rosso on the grid. First redbull, merc, Mclaren, Toro Rosso and the Ferrari.
    I'm sorry to say but I do not have a clue of what the problem or combination of the problems is.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it would be a MIRACLE if we end up THIRD tomorrow....but something tells me we won't and on of the red fools will take that spot

maybe our engine is now overheating with those SLIM sidepods we have...and had to turn down the power

all in all this is NOT the Ferrari i was expecting over the winter testing we had.....it seems that every weekend we're going more backwards and more backwards
    It is getting frustrating now. Every weekend hopes of improvement are squashed. If I feel this horrible, I am sure the team must be feeling 1000% worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Design team at ferrari are the problem.
    That has litteraly nothing to do with that!

There's no need for doom and gloom.. Yes we need to improve, but we are improving.. We had an issue and we don't now what..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I remember some trolls here, they blamed Alonso for everything and kept saying how 'Vettel the Savior' gonna rebuild Ferrari and bring titles at Maranello, i wonder where they are now.

Really, really....really disappointed with our performance, i expected Mercedes to be ahead but never expected Red Bull to beat us.

Tomorrow we have a big chance that Nico and Lewis take each other out. Nico is a player, he does not give anything for free to Lewis, like he did last year, because now he has so much more points than every one else.
    Si, if there is battle in first corners, they might crash. And after that crash, we slowly take both Red Bulls and finish 1-2. That is our game plan for tomorrow.

The weird part is that we are always showing improvement in Qualifying compared to Practice but today we didnt. So something is definitely wrong and it doesn't represent our true car performance.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Kimi's 1.23.1 in qualy is the best we did all weekend. That is the most ae could get out of the car
    And you think the team will give it all during FP3?!
    We could have gone faster..

For me the biggest problem is why we were doing high 1:23 low 1:24 during most of qualy.. Clearly there was an issue
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

High top speed = Great engine?

Is that your understanding? By your logic, Williams should be decimating every other team on track!

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Tomorrow we have a big chance that Nico and Lewis take each other out. Nico is a player, he does not give anything for free to Lewis, like he did last year, because now he has so much more points than every one else.
    Si, if there is battle in first corners, they might crash. And after that crash, we slowly take both Red Bulls and finish 1-2. That is our game plan for tomorrow.
    With our luck, our boys would end up crashing into each other.

Seriously????? Planning on other people crashing.. That's silly

Vettel did a 1.24.1 with MEDIUM tyres and not a perfect lap in FP3. Even had some fuel on board cause that stint was at least 7 or 8 laps.

Later he did a 1.23.2 on a soft tyre run with again not a perfect lap.

Now in Q3 he didn't even match his best lap from FP3.

We lost a huge amount of pace from FP3 to Q, but the question is how and why?
    Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.

ha,ha....i like your game plan, but something tells me that you're gonna be dissapointed come tomorrow when you'll see a Merc 1-2 and one of the bulls come THIRD
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    High top speed = Great engine?

Is that your understanding? By your logic, Williams should be decimating every other team on track!
    Your reasoning is not right becuase:
    great engine =/= great car

The fact is ferrari is putting their car development in the hand of somebody who is being mentored because they want to keep it in house. From testing I have been saying this car is not good enough to beat Mercedes ando so far my opinion is still the same. It is a shame that Redbull have caught Ferrari from now on watch them go. Christian Honer has been saying it because he can see how weak Ferrari is

We are gonna have a tough race tomorrow by the looks of it. We not faster than RB and the race starts exactly at the same time as qualy. Unless of there was a technical issue I'm very very dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingHitokiri View Post
    The weird part is that we are always showing improvement in Qualifying compared to Practice but today we didnt. So something is definitely wrong and it doesn't represent our true car performance.
    Mercede were just trolling in FP, like always, we improved 0.112 from the best we had in FP. They improved "time enough to drink a coffee"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Your reasoning is not right becuase:
    great engine =/= great car
    I was trying to explain that Vetalo's logic is completely off...

KIMI SAID THEY CHANGED SET UP BEFORE QUALY
    I really hope this was intented to give us a better race pace but I doubt it.. Perhaps a huge mistake has been made

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I was trying to explain that Vetalo's logic is completely off...
    I must say that I think are engine isn't to bad.. It could be better and we are working on that.. I also think are chassis isn't that bad.. It's just the combination of things and some bad luck..

Today, something went wrong.. perhaps a mistake has been made with the set up.. If this is the case it as nothing to de with development team but with track team..

Any news yet on unsafe release of KR?