Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldo Costa return to Ferrari??

Aldo Costa return to Ferrari??

From Gianlu!!
    -According to Autosprint, Allison could take the role of Ferrari team principal, replacing Arrivabene at the end of the year
    -To replace Allison (actual Ferrari technical director), there would the possibility to take Aldo Costa from Mercedes | #Autosprint
    -According to Autosprint, there would be the possibility to make a deal between Ferrari & Mercedes to avoid the "gardening leave" for Costa
    -Obviously with this deal, Costa could start to work in Ferrari immediately (after the end the season), avoiding the "gardening leave"
    -Just to remember:
    Arrivabene has a contract until the end of the 2018 F1 season
    As usual, all depends on Marchionne
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

OH, NOT another rumour....it would be nice though but i can't see it happening...
    it would actually be a DEMOTOIN for Allison if he will replace Arrivabene as team principal...

and personally i think that James Allison is a really good aero/designer guy...is just that our engine is still lacking a bit

we'll see if it's actually true, only time will tell
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 10th May 2016 at 12:27.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OH, NOT another rumour....it would be nice though but i can't see it happening...
    it would actually be a DEMOTOIN for Allison if he will replace Arrivabene...

and personally i think that James Allison is a really good aero/designer guy...

Well , you ask for rumours in the development thread,so you got them!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Literally zero chance of this happening. Maybe Aldo Costa would come back to Ferrari after dominating in Merc, but no way would they give him without gardening leave. Plus, Alison is not TP, he is technical man.

Still maybe Merc would give it back to Costa considering he is the one who designed these Merc cars.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Plus, Alison is not TP, he is technical man.
    Brawn did become TP, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it would actually be a DEMOTOIN for Allison if he will replace Arrivabene as team principal...

and personally i think that James Allison is a really good aero/designer guy...is just that our engine is still lacking a bit

I think for Allsion that's the highest promotion, being the ultimate boss of Ferrari F1 team!!! Nothing would please him more.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Sounds a little far fetched...

Well... this doesn't even make sense as a rumor

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Why would Mr Arrivabene need to be replaced by anyone?

Trust me, with Marchionne all it's possible, even this

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Why would Mr Arrivabene need to be replaced by anyone?
    Because Ferrari's results in this first races are not good as expected by Marchionne.

Regarding other things.. For James would be a role similar to the one he had in Honda.. Team principal but I think he will be able to work also on the car, with costa as DT

A lot will depends on Costa. If they won't get him (but as Autosprint reports, Ferrari made an offer to Costa, a big offer) or someone that can be at least at the same level of James, we won't see this happen. Simply because James can't do 2 different roles (TP + DT), too much strees for him as he said
    Last edited by Gianlu27; 10th May 2016 at 15:52.

I would like for Arrivabene to stay. Very passionate guy and i think he is a great leader. We need to change something in the PU department not the TP.

rumors. Why would Costa go back to Ferrari? No way he is going to leave Mercedes for Ferrari, he is winning everything there.

And why would Ferrari replace Arrivabene? Doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    rumors. Why would Costa go back to Ferrari? No way he is going to leave Mercedes for Ferrari, he is winning everything there.

And why would Ferrari replace Arrivabene? Doesn't make any sense.
    It's possible that Costa is smelling Mercedes' downfall with the new rules next year

Gianlu, from what you are saying you think Maurizio wont get some other function, maybe in road car Ferrari division? I mean from what you are saying Marchionne is absolutely rutheless. Cant imaging only Maurizio being fault for not getting wins...I mean, tbh its as much of James Allison "fault" since he is the one designing the car.

I still think car is a good step up, no matter how good Merc is. He cant except everything to be turned around in one year...Dont like it if Maurizio gets trown out.

What's the problem with Arrivabene? I get it that the results aren't there, but in my opion he did a great thing to motivate and unite the team, he seems to be a good manager, which is good for a team principal.. Hi give James to room to do his thing in my opinion. I don't see the benefit in putting James in that position..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    Because Ferrari's results in this first races are not good as expected by Marchionne.
    Then Mr Marchinne should review his expectations and definitely not start chopping off heads left and right.

Stability is what Ferrari need, all this chopping and changing with personnel and the new rules coming in for 2017 will undermine any direction the development takes, in my humble opinion. Marchionne is ruthless for sure, but Arrivabene has given the team an injection of self-belief and passion.

My personal view is that MA is GREAT for Ferrari and he brought back this great passion that characterizes this team!!!!
    BUT if we could find another way to bring back Aldo it will also be great.It looks like the last piece of the puzzle to rebuilt the dream team!!!
    And i think that Aldo will like that,and this is NOT the team that fired him!!Its a new team ,new people that i think they will bond quite well!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thing is, Maurizio's appointment was as much political( to have a conduit in between the two powerhouses of F1 - Ecclestone and Marchionne.) as it was to resurrect the team's faltering performances in F1. To that effect, Allsion was given the helm of leading the entire technical department, a role he felt comfortable in. But to have someone in the line of managemnet between the Scuderi's paybooks and resouce aquisitions, Allison may not have had it all for himself to implement the changes he had in mind.

I remember an interview( 2015 maybe), where Allison said that the first step neeeded to get the team back to competitiveness was to get the team out of the vicious circle of developing a poor car in winter and throwing all the money at developing an already weak baseline over the season. Further steps were to implement changes faster by thinning out management chains and making it more streamlined. While some of them were agreed by Arrivabene, there may be some aspects where Allison and Arrivabene were not totally in agreement with. Herein, lies the difficulty. Someone said somewhere, the team has to get rid of this all Italian mentality, and that can only be done by having the boss from different nationality. I am not saying I agree with this, and this just off the top of my head but there maybe some truth to it.

Allison I think at the moment only reports to Marchionne, so a team figure I think he is pretty much at level with Arrivabene, something like Brawn and Todt was, (or Wolff and Paddy for ex). So question comes to mind what role does Arrivabene play that Marchionne feels a need for?

The only thing that played in his favor, was that he was member of F1 commision from 2010, a role where Bernie and he had to come in contact with. As such, he was thought to be politically inflential for Marchionne. But, now as things may have it, most of the political groundwork is being laid down by the president himself. I have never seen a Ferrari president that involved in F1 commision meetings. So, it can be very much be, Arrivabene's influence has already been reduced considerably. An with the new Concorde agreement in line, does Marchionne feel he must be the one to represent Ferrari in those crucial FOM talks? He is a ruthless political animal, so he may well be.

Also a thing to note is Amedeo's Felisa's retirement. While the guy was tremendously influential at resurrecting Ferrari's sport car division from the doldrums pre 1990 by helping turn the ailing ship around (456 GT, F355 comes to mind), he was an appointment made by LdM. So while he was still at helm as CEO, Marchionne could't take some of the executive decision. So it's a little more than coincidence that rumours of management changes are starting to swirl, the moment Marchionne is appointed as CEO.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Gianlu, from what you are saying you think Maurizio wont get some other function, maybe in road car Ferrari division? I mean from what you are saying Marchionne is absolutely rutheless. Cant imaging only Maurizio being fault for not getting wins...I mean, tbh its as much of James Allison "fault" since he is the one designing the car.

I still think car is a good step up, no matter how good Merc is. He cant except everything to be turned around in one year...Dont like it if Maurizio gets trown out.
    First of all, Marchionne doesn't work for Ferrari. Yes, there is a contract with Ferrari of 4 years, but he is a "Philips Morris man" first of all. I mean, Mattiacci for example worked for Ferrari (road car sector) before became Ferrari team principal, but now he's completely out from Ferrari (even from road cars sector). Domenicali, for example, worked for Ferrari but inside the F1 team before became team principal. It's true that also Arrivabene was in Ferrari before became Ferrari team principal, but only because he worked for Philips Morris. Se if he won't remain in Ferrari, all will depends on Philips Morris, but for sure he won't get some other function (road cars etc)

About the rest.. All depends only on what Marchionne wants. If he wants Allison as Tp, be sure that he will make Allison Tp.

Gianlu, from what you are saying you think Maurizio wont get some other function, maybe in road car Ferrari division?
    I could swear just a few weeks ago I saw where Arrivabene was named to another position inside the road car division. It was like extra duty to go along with his current position. I didn't pay much mind to it at the time because it seemed like a minor thing but maybe this is why? Anyone else remember seeing this?

And let's not dismiss this as a rumor too quickly.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ar...-mount-688092/

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Then Mr Marchinne should review his expectations and definitely not start chopping off heads left and right.
    I haven't trusted Sergio from day one. I had a sneaky suspicion from the start he wants to end the race team. He's a bean counter, I don't trust him.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    I haven't trusted Sergio from day one. I had a sneaky suspicion from the start he wants to end the race team. He's a bean counter, I don't trust him.
    I don't like Marchionne at all but Arrivabene in my humble opinion is just great. I love the way he motivates the team and shows such fire and passion for racing. Maybe Ferrari is not winning races atm but they are close a far cry from two years ago.
    I love the way Maurizio has handled Kimi and appears to have helped him regain some hunger to win. The iceman seems much happier with us this time around.
    I have grown to love watching the charismatic Arrivabene and I for one would be devastated to see him go.
    Let's hope this is a rumour. Ferrari will begin to look ridiculous forever changing team bosses.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I don't like Marchionne at all but Arrivabene in my humble opinion is just great. I love the way he motivates the team and shows such fire and passion for racing. Maybe Ferrari is not winning races atm but they are close a far cry from two years ago.
    I love the way Maurizio has handled Kimi and appears to have helped him regain some hunger to win. The iceman seems much happier with us this time around.
    I have grown to love watching the charismatic Arrivabene and I for one would be devastated to see him go.
    Let's hope this is a rumour. Ferrari will begin to look ridiculous forever changing team bosses.
    So can you give some reasons why you don't like our president. It would be nice to know why you dont like him.??

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I would like for Arrivabene to stay. Very passionate guy and i think he is a great leader. We need to change something in the PU department not the TP.
    this.

Stupid to replace him already, give the man some time.

And is Arrivabene still connected to Philip Morris/Marlboro sponsorship? Woudn't be wise to fire him I guess.
    Last edited by S1000RR; 11th May 2016 at 08:09.

I really like that Sergio will do what it takes to win. "Good" isn't enough and being "popular" or "liked" is no protection. Reminds me of someone else who used to lead our team.

I believe SM will usher in success at SF, no matter how many eggs he has to break along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Stability is what Ferrari need, all this chopping and changing with personnel and the new rules coming in for 2017 will undermine any direction the development takes, in my humble opinion. Marchionne is ruthless for sure, but Arrivabene has given the team an injection of self-belief and passion.

Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    I believe SM will usher in success at SF, no matter how many eggs he has to break along the way.
    Yeah, he is very powerful, no way someone can bring him down like they did to LDM. So, he must usher in success or we are doomed for the next 10 years :D I'm very optimistic about next year with all the rule changes though.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11th May 2016 at 15:37.

Yeah, he is very powerful, no way someone can bring him down like they did to LDM. So, he must usher in success or we are doomed for the next 10 years :D I'm very optimistic about next year with all the rule changes.
    Yeah... hopefully we will not share the faith of... you know... Alfa Romeo.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Yeah, he is very powerful, no way someone can bring him down like they did to LDM. .
    Ummm...

What about John Elkann?

F1 show biz 2016 :