Thread: Hamilton says he promotes Formula 1 more than any other driver has

Hamilton says he promotes Formula 1 more than any other driver has

Lewis Hamilton claims he owes Formula 1 nothing given his belief he promotes it "more than any driver ever has".

The three-time world champion has not hidden from the spotlight during his time in F1, seen at numerous events and parties away from a racetrack over the years.

Last year F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone criticised the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg for not promoting F1, unlike Hamilton who he claimed to be "the best champion we have had in a long, long time".

To that effect, Hamilton feels he has no responsibility towards F1.

Speaking in an interview with CNN, he said: "I actually probably promote the sport more than any other driver ever has.

"I'm at more events talking about Formula 1 more than any driver ever has - probably all the other drivers put together and more.

"So I don't feel like I have any more of a responsibility.

"I've got some incredible fans and I give as much time as I can to motivate them and energise those who do follow me. So I don't know what else I have to give to.

"I've been there for 10 years. Love the sport. Given my blood, sweat and tears for the sport.

"So no, I don't feel like I owe it anything."

Hamilton, meanwhile, has told Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg to revel in his run of success while he can.

Rosberg has won the first three grands prix of this season to lead Hamilton in the drivers' standings by 36 points, and six overall stretching back to last season.

"He's done a great job," added Hamilton.

"I've not been there to really be in the fight with him. He's had pretty much a breeze for the last three races.

"Good for him. Enjoy it whilst it lasts because you never know how long it's going to last."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rmula-1-enough
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

tumblr_nde5tv3DNQ1rulc91o1_500.jpg

Kimi does nothing and he's no less popular than Hamilton imho. All this media and P&R stuff is important too, but you promote the best the sport on the track. Michael to this day is by far the most popular driver ever, but he had the same behaviour as Seb for example.

Too much talk. I hope Rosberg beats him this season. Or better, we do!
    Ferrari per sempre !

Formula One needs to do a better job at promoting itself at the moment, not through drivers talking at events and being in the media party circus, what happens during the race weekend is what should be promoting this sport. And it seems to be failing at this for some years now.
    Like you i once was
    Like me you will be.

LOL!!!!!!!! Nobody has ever promoted the sport more than Michael Schumacher!!! Michael is still more popular around the world than Hamilton will ever be..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lewis Hamilton claims he owes Formula 1 nothing given his belief he promotes it "more than any driver ever has".

The three-time world champion has not hidden from the spotlight during his time in F1, seen at numerous events and parties away from a racetrack over the years.

Last year F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone criticised the likes of Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg for not promoting F1, unlike Hamilton who he claimed to be "the best champion we have had in a long, long time".

To that effect, Hamilton feels he has no responsibility towards F1.

Speaking in an interview with CNN, he said: "I actually probably promote the sport more than any other driver ever has.

"I'm at more events talking about Formula 1 more than any driver ever has - probably all the other drivers put together and more.

"So I don't feel like I have any more of a responsibility.

"I've got some incredible fans and I give as much time as I can to motivate them and energise those who do follow me. So I don't know what else I have to give to.

"I've been there for 10 years. Love the sport. Given my blood, sweat and tears for the sport.

"So no, I don't feel like I owe it anything."

Hamilton, meanwhile, has told Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg to revel in his run of success while he can.

Rosberg has won the first three grands prix of this season to lead Hamilton in the drivers' standings by 36 points, and six overall stretching back to last season.

"He's done a great job," added Hamilton.

"I've not been there to really be in the fight with him. He's had pretty much a breeze for the last three races.

"Good for him. Enjoy it whilst it lasts because you never know how long it's going to last."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rmula-1-enough
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Where's my popcorn .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

It is part of the drivers' job to promote the sport, and as public figures they do need to uphold an image.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think it kills him inside that with all the PR he isnt the most popular driver right now, not to mention all time. But you see Kimi doesnt expose his diamond earings, his chains and grills to show his wealth and worth, he just shuts up and only cares about racing, no politics or richies and thats what Formula 1 should be all about RACING !

Disappointed Since 2010

FerrariSteve Guest
    Hammy is so incredibly arrogant.

He's such a . I think Rosberg attracts more fans with his looks and charm more than Hamilton's ostentatious and arrogant attitude.
    Also, great point about Kimi. He is the most popular F1 driver on the current grid and he literally does absolutely NOTHING to promote the sport besides being a great driver and being sassy at times.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Decent human doesn't said this
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

I believe Nico take's it real bad even personal when Lewis beats him, where as Lewis just waits for the next race unless, it's a car failure that causes him to not win or finish up on top. Being proud to be the champion is not IMO arrogance, Nico is presently "Walking on air ! " with his wins, and rightfully so. Remember how we Ferrari fans loved it when Seb waved that finger while with Red Bull . With regards to Kimi, being a great driver which he certainly is, and his one of a kind style interviews, for sure makes him one of F1's most liked drivers. I also don't believe Lewis is given the best car over Nico.
    Last edited by Brembo; 21st April 2016 at 05:20.

who cares...
    Forza Ferrari

Dunno how true his claims are... but LH sure has quite an inflated ego.
    And yes, i hope Rosberg beats him this year (though i doubt he will).
    Silently, like a shadow

So much for all those debates about who's the best driver in F1 history. People kept making the mistake of gauging it solely on driving skill and number of races won or points scored, neglecting to consider the all important metric of "Number of parties attended"!

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    who cares...
    I guess everyone who posts a comment cares, including if you just ask who cares?

HAM is just getting too big for his boots, ROS is almost as irritating, but credit to them both for their racing skills, which is the important bit, even though they have a dominant car. Give me a driver who gets on with the job of racing, not necessarily in the best car, and who promotes F1 in a way that it seems Bernie/FIA/FOM find impossible. Keep partying Lewis and take Nico with you, both get bladdered and have a bad day at the office for once!

LH as in ludicrous hyperbole?

I doubt someone will start to watch F1 because of Hamilton. It is true that he really goes to different talk shows and events where he talk about F1. But i doubt someone will start to watch F1 because of him.

He is probably not the worst thing to happen to F1 (Haha, talk about a backhanded compliment.)
    Realistically, he may have gotten a whole lot of people to pay attention to F1, some of them may actually try watching it, but only a small % of the few that watch might genuinely get interested & continue to watch for any length of time.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio