Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2016 race thread

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Kvyat was way too fast ( He couldn't stay on the inside and drifted out in the exit of the corner)

And there was no car when he arrived there because Kvyat turned it into a situation for Vettel either to alter his trajectory outward and hit Kimi or to keep his trajectory in the turn and Kvyat will collect him from inside. Vettel chose option number 1.
    You only see that 40sec in the end.
    But if u look at it deeply.. Seb was in overtaking moves. All others behind kvyat, were in that zone.
    Also Seb stint on SS was epic, no one stretched that SS tyres so long except vet. Here we were better on tyres, if the start was good vet would have advantage as he said in interview we have few sets ahead on him.

Now coming to the gap
    1) Seb was in traffic most of the time
    2) Seb damaged his front wing which cost him lap times + pit stop time.
    3) again he had contact with manor car werlhein.

If these things were taken into consideration gap is 40sec. Else it would have been vet leading the race or gap would have been around 10sec at max.

Hamilton gap to Rosberg is almost a lap, do u believe that as shown in screens ??? It isn't. So there r a lot consideration should be taken into account.
    It's just the bad luck that is costing us. Primarily it's not a good start from our drivers. Both redbulls got super start.

The analysis I sometimes read here is worrysome. Ferrari is faster then Merc in my opinion we've just had misfortunes of late. Merc built their car as a front running car that only runs in clear air because they know they have a qualifying advantage , they have no anticipated running in the midfield hence they have extreme difficulty overtaking and then they make silly comment that Toto just made that they lost a lot of downforce. Doesnt anyone actualy think that he is covering the flaws of their car ? . They may have had an accident with Hams car but its ridiculous to claim what he claimed. Ferrari on the other hand looked pretty fast especialy Sebs car even with front wing damage and our car can follow and overtake with ease even Merc powered cars did not stand a chance. The reason it appeared at some stage that we were going slower than Ros is due to Tyre management because of our strategy. Ros was in clear air most of the race and could nail it when ever he wanted. The reason he pushed hard at some stages was the notion that the Ferraris can catch up when they wanted and he did not know their strategies. All of this is just my opinion and is subjected to scrutiny by those who know more. Our car is ahead of the mercs but we have people who have alot of fear for Merc in such a way that they dont have faith in our own product and always look to praise Merc even when Merc is clearly starting to show its not invinsible. Many experts said the W06 is miles away and could not be caught , so what happened ? Isnt the SF16-H miles ahead of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    The analysis I sometimes read here is worrysome. Ferrari is faster then Merc in my opinion we've just had misfortunes of late. Merc built their car as a front running car that only runs in clear air because they know they have a qualifying advantage , they have no anticipated running in the midfield hence they have extreme difficulty overtaking and then they make silly comment that Toto just made that they lost a lot of downforce. Doesnt anyone actualy think that he is covering the flaws of their car ? . They may have had an accident with Hams car but its ridiculous to claim what he claimed. Ferrari on the other hand looked pretty fast especialy Sebs car even with front wing damage and our car can follow and overtake with ease even Merc powered cars did not stand a chance. The reason it appeared at some stage that we were going slower than Ros is due to Tyre management because of our strategy. Ros was in clear air most of the race and could nail it when ever he wanted. The reason he pushed hard at some stages was the notion that the Ferraris can catch up when they wanted and he did not know their strategies. All of this is just my opinion and is subjected to scrutiny by those who know more. Our car is ahead of the mercs but we have people who have alot of fear for Merc in such a way that they dont have faith in our own product and always look to praise Merc even when Merc is clearly starting to show its not invinsible. Many experts said the W06 is miles away and could not be caught , so what happened ? Isnt the SF16-H miles ahead of it ?
    I totally agree with you. In race pace we r in contention with mercs without full engine mode. So if we solve our reliability issues. Then the actual game starts, then we will see that trolling Wolff face & Merc team getting worried. Eagerly waiting to see that.

I think it's unfortunate but no one 100% at fault, however, if Kvyat would have hit Vettel, I think Kvyat would have got a lot of bad comments about that move.. So it's move that was really on the line.

An other thing of this race: Williams really are bad, I don't get it, there races are so bad. I must say Massa "surprised" me at the end in fending of Lewis, but what a terrible race of Bottas. Thank god Ferrari didn't change him for Kimi.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Good thing to take from this is we do have good pace and there is more to come..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Kvyat didn't do anything wrong at all. The gap was his to go for. Being able to stop before hitting a car is a nul argument because there was no car there, and he did get it stopped.

It was just a racing incident, with nobody at fault. Seb will realise that when he watches it back.
    I disagree. It was a kamikaze move from the immature hothead Russian. It was "Seb back off or I will crash you" sort of move. Silly replies also on the podium room. Just absurd move giving no respect to fellow drivers on racing circuit. I will leave the conversation between the two. Very valid points from Seb, none from Daniil.

Vettel: "I gotta ask, what did you do at the start? If I keep to the same line, all three of us are out"
    Kvyat: "well, yea..."
    Vettel: "No, not 'yea'. You came in like a torpedo."
    Kvyat: "This is Racing."
    Vettel: "Racing... If I keep going in the same line, we crash"
    Kvyat: "Well don't keep going..."
    Vettel: "There was another car to my left. That's why i hit it."
    Kvyat: "I can't see three cars, i only have two eyes - for two cars."
    Vettel: "Then we crash."
    Kvyat: "Well we did not crash."
    Vettel: "Well, you didn't. I know you say it's racing, but if you attack like a madman, you damage cars. I had damage, Kimi had damage."
    Kvyat: "But I am on the podium so it's alright. You are on the podium as well."
    I mean really....really Daniil??

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    I mean really....really Daniil??

The arrogance of youth!

ForzaFerrariGo!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

I don't see how Kvyat was being arrogant, Vettel used the words 'crazy' and 'madman' in short secession. Those are very accusational words. Kvyat just kept his cool and shrugged it off.

We were running derrated engines these past 3 races and look slightly ahead of Merc even though some will not agree. The prospects of upgrades look very delicious indeed. Our chassis is brilliant it could be at the level of red bull the commentators kept on saying our traction is on point and if you look at our onboard videos our drivers dont seem to wrestle the car when turning so I'm realy excited about this season and I think we should all be excited and stop discussing about doom and gloom " Merc is trolling " " Merc is so strong " ppssshhh give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    Kvyat just kept his cool and shrugged it off.
    yeah, like a person who knows he is guilty and gets cold feet when someone accuses him rightly!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You only see that 40sec in the end.
    But if u look at it deeply.. Seb was in overtaking moves. All others behind kvyat, were in that zone.
    Also Seb stint on SS was epic, no one stretched that SS tyres so long except vet. Here we were better on tyres, if the start was good vet would have advantage as he said in interview we have few sets ahead on him.

Now coming to the gap
    1) Seb was in traffic most of the time
    2) Seb damaged his front wing which cost him lap times + pit stop time.
    3) again he had contact with manor car werlhein.

If these things were taken into consideration gap is 40sec. Else it would have been vet leading the race or gap would have been around 10sec at max.

Hamilton gap to Rosberg is almost a lap, do u believe that as shown in screens ??? It isn't. So there r a lot consideration should be taken into account.
    It's just the bad luck that is costing us. Primarily it's not a good start from our drivers. Both redbulls got super start.
    Our stint on softs were also very good. Seb's last stint was very good, he overtook Kvyat straight away and even pulled away a lot at the end eventhough Kvyat's Medium tyres should last longer

I don't see how Kvyat was being arrogant, Vettel used the words 'crazy' and 'madman' in short secession. Those are very accusational words. Kvyat just kept his cool and shrugged it off.
    He could only respond: "ok, you're right, I was aggressive but you left me the space to pass and I did it."
    Especially without laughing in a critique of a pilot 4 times Formula 1 world champion

Last edited by ForzaFerrariGo!; 17th April 2016 at 10:09.

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

So unfortunate again, but great recovery by both driver. I do like Kimi's attitude this weekend . I am waiting for a race where we've had no incident and hopefully see how good Ferrari is.

you cannot really compare Nico's race to Seb's, Seb had 4 pit stops, one in which he changed front wings , super damaged aero most of the race and was fighting with others and still managed to finish a decent gap to Nico. The only unknown is whether Nico was going flat out or just taking it easy . All in all a good recovery Nico's been having it too easy ...

See, to me the speed that race was very worrying. Rosberg was comfortably 1s per lap faster when he wanted to be. He won by 40 seconds.
    But he made 2 stops vs Seb 3 stops

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Looking at the live timing With a front wing damaged , Seb pace was more than one second slower than Rosberg pace.
    We know car has clipping problem With motor which cost 0,5 s/lap.
    Our real pace when engine problem will be solve Is for now 0,5 s/lap, better than last year but not sufficient
    To be solved by Spain

1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes 75
    2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes 39
    3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull 36
    4. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari 33
    5. Kimi Räikkönen, Ferrari 28
    6. Felipe Massa, Williams 22
    7. Daniil Kvyat, Red Bull 21
    8. Romain Grosjean, Haas 18
    9. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso 13
    10. Valtteri Bottas, Williams 7
    11. Nico Hülkenberg, Force India 6
    12. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso 4
    13. Stoffel Vandoorne, McLaren 1

1. Mercedes 114
    2. Ferrari 61
    3. Red Bull 57
    4. Williams 29
    5. Haas 18
    6. Toro Rosso 17
    7. Force India 6
    8. McLaren 1

and we have 2 DNF.s, not bad

His mistake was an pretty innocent . Unfortunately, it put us in a bad situation, but the rise was spectacular,SM
    Well, if I comment it on television, so it becomes a mere beeps. That is better off without.MA

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    yeah, like a person who knows he is guilty and gets cold feet when someone accuses him rightly!

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    But he made 2 stops vs Seb 3 stops
    And a damaged front wing

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The highlight of the racE: Seb passing 2 cars in the entrance of the pit lane!!!!!!
    EPIC!!!!!!
    Yes! That was the move of the race!!!!

Also a few laps later Vettel hit Bottas on his rear right tyre and damaged his FW again, but you don't see Bottas complaining about it.

Kvyat did what he was supposed to do, Vettel didn't! I remember Vettel pushing Button at the race start in Monza i think, when Button asked him about it he only laughed! At least Kvyat spoke something in his defence!

Quote Originally Posted by radosav View Post
    Kvyat did what he was supposed to do, Vettel didn't! I remember Vettel pushing Button at the race start in Monza i think, when Button asked him about it he only laughed! At least Kvyat spoke something in his defence!
    What should Vettel do? Where did you want him to go?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Will the race have ended differently if Vettel or Kimi have used soft as qualifying Tyre to start Sunday race on. one of them would have been very close if not beat Merc. it seems on strategy Merc is always ahead of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Will the race have ended differently if Vettel or Kimi have used soft as qualifying Tyre to start Sunday race on. one of them would have been very close if not beat Merc. it seems on strategy Merc is always ahead of Ferrari.
    If we would have started on soft: for Kimi it wouldn't have mattered because he needed to pit for new front wing
    For Seb: they choose for SS again at first stop to clear traffic so no..
    I think we did a very good strategy this race. The supersoft was a very good tyre in my opinion, Seb did a very good stint on that.. I'm sure if first corner incident wouldn't have happened we would have overtaken ROS

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    If we would have started on soft: for Kimi it wouldn't have mattered because he needed to pit for new front wing
    For Seb: they choose for SS again at first stop to clear traffic so no..
    I think we did a very good strategy this race. The supersoft was a very good tyre in my opinion, Seb did a very good stint on that.. I'm sure if first corner incident wouldn't have happened we would have overtaken ROS
    Thanks, but i meant if we have not had the first lap accident. one of Ferrari should have mirrored Merc meaning one of our driver will start on soft and another on super soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What should Vettel do? Where did you want him to go?
    He shouldn't leave that much space in first place, he could watch his mirrors and close his inner side of corner, and in the end he could chose to hit Kvyat not Kimi !