Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Chinese GP 2016 free practice & qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ste, it is a figure of speech.
    No it isn't.

It it very clearly suggested that everyone turned on the team. Which they didn't, in my opinion. People are allowed to voice their frustrations and still support a team. I was annoyed after qualifying but it doesn't mean I support them any less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    No it isn't.

It it very clearly suggested that everyone turned on the team. Which they didn't, in my opinion. People are allowed to voice their frustrations and still support a team. I was annoyed after qualifying but it doesn't mean I support them any less.
    There is no problem in being annoyed. I think, but I'm not sure so sorry if it is a false assumption, Rob meant that people start pointing fingers and blaming the team ("the team screwed up").. It's Always incorrect in pointing fingers, and I don't think the team screwed up hear.. Both drivers made a small mistake which costs us the position to RIC.. Only thing what matters is how they handle this situation tomorrow..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

And we must not forget , we are running detuned!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And we must not forget , we are running detuned!!!
    And we made a mistake, we would have been very close.. If we figure things out, it's going to be a very interesting season
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    And we made a mistake, we would have been very close.. If we figure things out, it's going to be a very interesting season
    Yehh!!Im disapointed about our bad luck and a misswd opportunity,BUT huppy with our pace in this base formar!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We can all be very happy together after the race tomorrow

Finishing with both cars would already be a very good thing this season ;p

it will be end of the season by then

I just whant to say something, you can read it or skip it, it doesn't matter..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion 100%, I can't agree more. If something is not good, we should say that. But we also should say when something is good. It's not pointed at someone, it's just meant in general, not just on this forum, but in our modern society. We are Always criticising everyone and blaming people etc, which isn't a problem if it is correct, but we shouldn't focus only on the bad things, or tell people when they are doing something bad, we should also say when people are doing a good job. We need to keep a positive attitude.

Last 2 years a lot off people have been criticising Kimi, he should leave F1 etc. In my opinion he is doing a superb job this season, yet, I rarely read something about that..

Hamilton will use 2nd power unit for the race

I just whant to say something, you can read it or skip it, it doesn't matter..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion 100%, I can't agree more. If something is not good, we should say that. But we also should say when something is good. It's not pointed at someone, it's just meant in general, not just on this forum, but in our modern society. We are Always criticising everyone and blaming people etc, which isn't a problem if it is correct, but we shouldn't focus only on the bad things, or tell people when they are doing something bad, we should also say when people are doing a good job. We need to keep a positive attitude.

Last 2 years a lot off people have been criticising Kimi, he should leave F1 etc. In my opinion he is doing a superb job this season, yet, I rarely read something about that..
    He's been solid, if not exceptional. But I don't really think Vettel is having that fantastic of a season either so they're only judged against each other. The decision for Ferrari will be, do they want someone for the future in that seat. Because realistically Kimi isn't going to be getting faster now and very likely will tire of F1 within a couple of years even if he doesn't get the boot. Having said that, both drivers have only had 1 proper race each so lets give them a bit of time before we start making judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    I think there is a decent chance Rosberg won't lead into P1. The softer tyres help a lot with the launch.
    Let's hope so.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Start will be crucial tomorrow.

He's been solid, if not exceptional. But I don't really think Vettel is having that fantastic of a season either so they're only judged against each other. The decision for Ferrari will be, do they want someone for the future in that seat. Because realistically Kimi isn't going to be getting faster now and very likely will tire of F1 within a couple of years even if he doesn't get the boot. Having said that, both drivers have only had 1 proper race each so lets give them a bit of time before we start making judgements.
    Agree, but I was just pointing out that Kimi is doing great, yes perhaps Seb isn't there 100% but still, Kimi does a good job and I think that should be recognised.. Obviously the question will be who will we bring in.. I like Ricciardo very much, but I don't know if it's a good match with Seb, and we don't need to disturb the team. Perhaps it's more interesting to look at more younger guys like Verstappen or Vandoorne, but that's a bit more risk

Agree, but I was just pointing out that Kimi is doing great, yes perhaps Seb isn't there 100% but still, Kimi does a good job and I think that should be recognised.. Obviously the question will be who will we bring in.. I like Ricciardo very much, but I don't know if it's a good match with Seb, and we don't need to disturb the team. Perhaps it's more interesting to look at more younger guys like Verstappen or Vandoorne, but that's a bit more risk
    I don't really see the risk taking Ricciardo. I think at the minimum you'd get a driver close to Vettel's calibre, but there is also the possibility of getting a driver actually stronger than Vettel who may take over the team leader role, he certainly showed that the last time they were together. Also you've got the fact he's easily the most likable driver on the grid and has italian heritage, I think those are big pros for Ferrari. I couldn't imagine it being disruptive either, Vettel spoke nothing but kind words when they were team mates at RBR, basically the only thing he wasn't happy with was the results. But thats no negative for the team.

I agree about Kimi though, it'd be nice to see him get a win before he calls his career. I know people don't rate him after the last two seasons, but I think on balance he's been as good as Vettel this season so far.

I don't really see the risk taking Ricciardo. I think at the minimum you'd get a driver close to Vettel's calibre, but there is also the possibility of getting a driver actually stronger than Vettel who may take over the team leader role, he certainly showed that the last time they were together. Also you've got the fact he's easily the most likable driver on the grid and has italian heritage, I think those are big pros for Ferrari. I couldn't imagine it being disruptive either, Vettel spoke nothing but kind words when they were team mates at RBR, basically the only thing he wasn't happy with was the results. But thats no negative for the team.

I agree about Kimi though, it'd be nice to see him get a win before he calls his career. I know people don't rate him after the last two seasons, but I think on balance he's been as good as Vettel this season so far.
    Indeed, I find it very interesting.

When Felipe was at Ferrari with Fernando everyone was saying he should stop F1 he's to old not good enough etc. We bring in Kimi who is a very good driver, and Fernando destroys him. Again people are saying Kimi should stop F1, he's to old and not good enough.
    However, those people where also saying that Bottas is super good, he will be WDC etc. Felipe goes to Williams, and in my opinion he does a good job there, it's not that Bottas is much better than him. So Felipe wasn't that bad, Fernando as just insane with these Ferrari's. You here people complaining but where are they now to say they are wrong?

Also the on board message from Alonso, his frustration of not being able to do another lap: that guy is supposed to not be motivated anymore and he should leave F1. Where is Herbert now admitting he was wrong??

I don't see anyone turning on the team. Just people suggesting it was a screw up - which it was, from the drivers. We should have been at least P2 and P3.

Indeed, I find it very interesting.

When Felipe was at Ferrari with Fernando everyone was saying he should stop F1 he's to old not good enough etc. We bring in Kimi who is a very good driver, and Fernando destroys him. Again people are saying Kimi should stop F1, he's to old and not good enough.
    However, those people where also saying that Bottas is super good, he will be WDC etc. Felipe goes to Williams, and in my opinion he does a good job there, it's not that Bottas is much better than him. So Felipe wasn't that bad, Fernando as just insane with these Ferrari's. You here people complaining but where are they now to say they are wrong?

Also the on board message from Alonso, his frustration of not being able to do another lap: that guy is supposed to not be motivated anymore and he should leave F1. Where is Herbert now admitting he was wrong??

Alonso is the greatest driver of the generation imo. The guy can perform miracles. But sadly he and the team had their time. its a shame, because the 2016 Ferrari is probably a better car than he had during any year here.

Bottas is average, replacing Raikkonen with him is a step backwards in many ways.

And I agree that Herbert is completely wrong. Why should Alonso retire at 34 years old? Schumacher raced until 43! Alonso seems very hungry for it. Even if he never wins another title, he deserves as long in the sport as he as a driver desires. I think he's earned that much.

No it isn't.

yes it was Ste. You taking it wrong way, you never said anything being sarcastically? or under your breath to anyone? that was point of my post, ok.
    Last edited by Rob; 16th April 2016 at 12:04.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Alonso is the greatest driver of the generation imo. The guy can perform miracles. But sadly he and the team had their time. its a shame, because the 2016 Ferrari is probably a better car than he had during any year here.

Bottas is average, replacing Raikkonen with him is a step backwards in many ways.

And I agree that Herbert is completely wrong. Why should Alonso retire at 34 years old? Schumacher raced until 43! Alonso seems very hungry for it. Even if he never wins another title, he deserves as long in the sport as he as a driver desires. I think he's earned that much.
    Agree, Alonso just "hasn't got a nose for bussiness" :D He seems to be at the wrong place at the wrong time more often than at the right place at the right time. But what he does and his motivation is just insane. Apart from the start of 2010, he hasn't made many mistakes in his 5 years with us..

Agree, Alonso just "hasn't got a nose for bussiness" :D He seems to be at the wrong place at the wrong time more often than at the right place at the right time. But what he does and his motivation is just insane. Apart from the start of 2010, he hasn't made many mistakes in his 5 years with us..
    Agreed. Its was a real shame to see so many Ferrari fans really turn on Alonso when he left. While he's no longer racing for Ferrari, the effort he gave and performances he produced will go down in history. Despite never winning a title for the Scuderia he'll be remembered as a Ferrari driver when people look at his career.

Agreed. Its was a real shame to see so many Ferrari fans really turn on Alonso when he left. While he's no longer racing for Ferrari, the effort he gave and performances he produced will go down in history. Despite never winning a title for the Scuderia he'll be remembered as a Ferrari driver when people look at his career.
    For sure, in my opinion 2012 season is one of the most impressive seasons by a driver ever

The truth is that both drivers underperformed when it counted the most. The car was good enough, and given that Rosberg had a poor-ish S1 on his pole lap (by S2 Kimi was 0.037 up on Rosberg's pole lap) if one of them made a fast clean lap pole was on the cards. Kimi's mistake in the hairpin was massive. I think if he made the apex he could have gotten pole, or at most would have been within a tenth of Nico.

We did miss a good opportunity today, but its just saturday. If we are fast we should do well tomorrow and challenge Rosberg. Saturdays just tell you where you start, and often that changes before the 1st corner. It really isnt a tragedy and we are not looking at damage limitations like Hamilton. We are up there and could be racing Rosberg as early as that 1st corner. Forza ragazzi!

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...22565990551552

Looking at that we can see how much time Kimi lost to Vettel in the hairpin, to Rosberg the loss would have been massive. I think he was on for pole until then.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...22565990551552

Looking at that we can see how much time Kimi lost to Vettel in the hairpin, to Rosberg the loss would have been massive. I think he was on for pole until then.
    Thank you for this. Kimi has lost a lot there compared to Rosberg i thinm it would have been pole

Seb's tires tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah, first of all good start.
    1) SS will have good grip initially. They don't last long too.
    2) we can clear ric on straights
    3) basically our strategy depends on the start tomorrow. If it's good n jump Nico then we will aggressive.

But my question is why did Seb go only for one run??? Why is there need to save 1set of SS??? Which doesn't give any adv.
    I don't get this point.
    Imho, Seb will do it SS-S-SS tomorrow, but second pitstop could be also S, depending his time difference to Ros.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Imho, Seb will do it SS-S-SS tomorrow, but second pitstop could be also S, depending his time difference to Ros.
    2 stopper would be very hard to do. Impossible without using the mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    2 stopper would be very hard to do. Impossible without using the mediums.
    So SS-M-SS?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    So SS-M-SS?
    That's suicide, unless there is a very long safety car.. SS will last like 7 laps or so, ofcourse depending on conditions and how much time you whant to loose on them..
    Race is 56 laps, so 2x7 laps= 14, so 42 laps to go on M, it's impossible..

The race will be a 3 stopper, perhaps some wil try 4 stops, or need to do it.. All depending on conditions and SC..
    We will start on SS, try and benefit from them the first few laps and try and get P1&P2, knowing that Nico can go longer on his softs.. Unless the SS holds on, we will pit early I think and put on Softs. This way we have a fast new tyre thay will help us to clear traffic where we will be in. If we do some good laps, this will mean that Nico will be behind us after his first stop, ofcourse with new tyres. But we we have the track position.

From then on it will be managing the tyres and trying to defend that track position.. Perhaps split strategy on the next stop (one driver S, one driver M)

Ofcourse it's all speculation, but the most important thing will be that we can race Nico on the track, not just being behind him and trying to get him at the end, we need to push him so he starts overheating his brakes..