Thread: Australian GP team quotes

Australian GP team quotes

Australian GP - “Doing better and better”

Kimi sets his plans for the weekend-and the season

“It’s hard to know where we are standing if we base our judgement on the winter tests, because we don’t know what the other teams were doing. I think we’ll get a better idea here during the weekend. What I do hope is that we are stronger than we had been in the last couple of years. Time will tell, and at last on Sunday we’ll have an idea. The weather here can be tricky during the weekend, so it’s not easy to make a prediction. Also unpredictable is the result of less communication between driver and pitwall, as the rules dictate. What’s sure is that in this season there’s going to be less talking over the radio, communication we’ll be different: we’ll see how it is going to work out. As for us, our plan is to always do better: and if the car works well and we get all the things as we want, that’s going to be easier, but still we have to see where we are against the others. We’ll try to do the best every weekend and be up there in the end.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Seb analyses the new season ahead

“I don’t have my crystal ball with me so I can’t predict how the season will be. What I can say is that our main competitors are still very strong going in, but we do believe we’ve got quite a bit closer, especially in race conditions. How close, though, is difficult to say. Our target is always to win and to do so we’ve got to make a step forward. There are so many new and unpredictable things this year, the qualifying format for instance. I hope in the end the quickest can still get on top, as is the nature of this sport. And hopefully we’ll have as many cars on track in the end for the fans to watch as we used to have in the past… Also, there will be much more to do for us drivers this year with the driver-radio limitations. It’s wrong to think that until last year we were ‘controlled’ by the engineers, but these cars are so much more complicate than they were in the eighties, when there were no radio communications or they were very poor. So if you took the radio out and gave us manual gearboxes, I still believe we’d be less busy than we are now!”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE