Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 F1 Pre-Season Testing

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    They might drop a couple of races just to give people hope, but there is only one race in 2 years that they have genuinely lost on pace.

But this is in the basis of trackside reports. Anyone who has been to winter testing knows that it is always really obvious who is fastest without timing sheets.

What I don't get is that every other team that has had dominance has had the FIA sniffing around to curb the dominance. They have so far done the opposite.
    Yea Merc is clearly the best in the field, you can feel it just look at their car. 4th day of testing new bardgeboards, new nose, s-duct, new turning vanes.. its like they had unlimited testing and not us. If we dont come with majot aero package on next test, or melbourne, we can kiss WC or even close battle good by because we will be playing heavy catch up.

And as far as nail in coffins go, its not Mercs fault Renault cannot make engine worth a damn or us who seem to have big problems with aero last 10 years since CFD and wind tunnel got introduced.
    Last edited by Rob; 25th February 2016 at 09:36. Reason: please do not abbreviate swearing, its still swearing.

We don't stand a chance against Merc, mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    NOBODY stand a chance against Merc, mark my words
    Fixed that for you.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    At least our engine guys did their job. Major props to them. Marchionne should have given 2016 engine to RBR in exchange for Adrian Newey. They would get the title, we would get the next 3 :p

Quote Originally Posted by mandzipop View Post
    They might drop a couple of races just to give people hope, but there is only one race in 2 years that they have genuinely lost on pace.

But this is in the basis of trackside reports. Anyone who has been to winter testing knows that it is always really obvious who is fastest without timing sheets.

What I don't get is that every other team that has had dominance has had the FIA sniffing around to curb the dominance. They have so far done the opposite.
    I saw this post on the "other place"...... you don't know what the pecking order is, no one on any forum who doesnt work inside F1 knows what the pecking order is.

Every single year without exception its the same story.....last year I remember the same "experts" telling me Wiliams were ahead of ferrari, ferrari times were just low fuel etc etc.

I remember in testing in 2011 i think i was..... "Ferrari are neck and neck with Red Bull"......lol, look how that turned out, Brawn in 2009 doing "low fuel runs to gain sponsors"...... Then you get the indviduals who look at testing times and then say "season over!!!!! no one has a chance"........it's just laughable.

The only person who has said Mercedes is faster than ever.....Is Alonso.....the same Alonso who also said that Only McLaren can beat them.....even though the only team to beat Mercedes car for car is Ferrari, we know he has an agenda ever since he threw his career down the toilet, so I don't see why people are so pessimistic.

Nothing in testing has shown Mercedes are light years ahead of the competition......yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    At least our engine guys did their job. Major props to them. Marchionne should have given 2016 engine to RBR in exchange for Adrian Newey. They would get the title, we would get the next 3 :p
    we dont need Newey.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I think I'll give it at LEAST until Melbourne to write off our guy's season!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    we dont need Newey.
    Well we appear to need someone who knows his aero enough to beat those guys, and judging by our results since aero rules and wind tunnel restrictions begunwe dont have one.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Nobody stand a chance against Ferrari, mark my words
    Fix it for you.

Well we appear to need someone who knows his aero enough to beat those guys, and judging by our results since aero rules and wind tunnel restrictions begunwe dont have one.
    "Yeah who is this James Allison guy ... " (SARCASM)

For God's sake trust the team a bit, this is the first car that's a 100% from the new team ... Ferarri has some smart people!
    The whole Newey genus thing is a myth he had and has ton of unsung heroes working under him. ITS A TEAM SPORT.
    And please stop with the defeatism, not time for that yet.

Did I just wake up and miss have the 2016 championship, we are on our fourth day of testing in February and all of a sudden doom and gloom. Merc yes are still probably the car to beat but we should be a good bit closer to them this year. I think I ll wait till Melbourne before I start whinging..
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    "Yeah who is this James Allison guy ... " (SARCASM)

For God's sake trust the team a bit, this is the first car that's a 100% from the new team ... Ferarri has some smart people!
    The whole Newey genus thing is a myth he had and has ton of unsung heroes working under him. ITS A TEAM SPORT.
    And please stop with the defeatism, not time for that yet.
    James Alison is technical director, not aero lead. Our aero guy is Simone Resta.

Ive seen this to many times (actually every year in last 7 years). We are NOT catching them with this car. If we bring totally new FW and RW to the next test or Melbourne, updated all aero bits around the car then yes, all is not done. But if its like last year where we are aiming for Barca updates its done and its late, just accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Did I just wake up and miss have the 2016 championship, we are on our fourth day of testing in February and all of a sudden doom and gloom. Merc yes are still probably the car to beat but we should be a good bit closer to them this year. I think I ll wait till Melbourne before I start whinging..
    Seasons Over apparently, the armchair engineers know the fuel levels, engine maps and how much each driver is pushing on each lap. I need some of their data, then I can start posting stuff like "OMINOUS!!!!" "OMG Mercedes did 150 laps without breaking down!!! Season Is Done!"

James Alison is technical director, not aero lead. Our aero guy is Simone Resta.

Ive seen this to many times (actually every year in last 7 years). We are NOT catching them with this car. If we bring totally new FW and RW to the next test or Melbourne, updated all aero bits around the car then yes, all is not done. But if its like last year where we are aiming for Barca updates its done and its late, just accept it.
    Enough already!
    Dang!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariRed View Post
    Seasons Over apparently, the armchair engineers know the fuel levels, engine maps and how much each driver is pushing on each lap. I need some of their data, then I can start posting stuff like "OMINOUS!!!!" "OMG Mercedes did 150 laps without breaking down!!! Season Is Done!"
    Its not even about that. No body cares about number of laps, but everything points to their domination continuing. Read some italian jurnos who are at the track all 4 days and generally obviously have sweet spot for Ferrari, its not pretty. We are good yes, best of the rest, but Merc is just comfortably better you think team doesnt know that? Just look at their car...Its RBR days all over again. They have the best car, the best development and thats it. Looking forward to rules change next year when everyones aero starts from scratch.

Just to fire up all the doom and gloom here, i read in a spanish site, caranddriverf1, that hamilton after a 24 stint with mediums, he end it without almost any degradation. My humble opinion is that they are ahead of us ONLY in testing programme. They had all the car fine tune already for previous years, things like suspensions, engine mappings, etc etc. Thats why they are focussing in long runs testing their achilles heel, reliability, at the same time they start testing new aero parts. I guess that soon we will reach that in our program. Too early to compare our car with them. Lets see how we evolve and develop in this weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    Just to fire up all the doom and gloom here, i read in a spanish site, caranddriverf1, that hamilton after a 24 stint with mediums, he end it without almost any degradation. My humble opinion is that they are ahead of us ONLY in testing programme. They had all the car fine tune already for previous years, things like suspensions, engine mappings, etc etc. Thats why they are focussing in long runs testing their achilles heel, reliability, at the same time they start testing new aero parts. I guess that soon we will reach that in our program. Too early to compare our car with them. Lets see how we evolve and develop in this weeks.
    Hamilton (M)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You guys are clutching at straws. Look at our car, then look at theirs. Setups, engine mapping yadda yadda...it dont matter. Their car just looks like piece of engineering art. We have to admit our main competitor has made another beast by the looks of it. Yes, ours is better then last year but we are not close to them you can be sure of that.

Raikkonen 1:24.460 on soft tires. Merc last year, 1:22.8 on soft tiresjust for comparison sake. Yesterday, FI 1:24 flat.

Makes me smile reading all the doom and gloom. I wonder what you will say when we walk away with the championship

You guys are clutching at straws. Look at our car, then look at theirs. Setups, engine mapping yadda yadda...it dont matter. Their car just looks like piece of engineering art. We have to admit our main competitor has made another beast by the looks of it. Yes, ours is better then last year but we are not close to them you can be sure of that.
    Ok we get it!!!Why are you keep saying it!!!Some of us what to keep a little more hope!!!We know all this that you are saying we see the pictures and yes we know that as it looks by now they might be way ahead for another year!!!!BUT nothing is over yet and untill we have the 1st qualy i personally dont what to hear evey 2 secs that we are doomed!!!!Sorry mate but please let us enjoy it as we can!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What happened here? Can you guys, those complaining tell me what do you want to see right here, right now?!?! Ferrari bombing laptimes on US with low fuel, 5 seconds ahead of the others with 300 laps till the lunchbreak?! Just take a break.

Frankly speaking, no one sees the things in rose. Come Melbourne time, Mercedes will still be ahead. But something tells me they won't have the same cushion as last year and our guys will have their chances to push them around. Then I might be wrong and the updates will prove efficient and the car will be even quicker. Their car is not a perfection. It is reliable as along as they're taking care of it. You push a car more often and sooner or later it will break.

Ferrari just needs to put some fire under their buts and you might be surprised how things could turn up.

Calm down.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Do you have a depression or smth? You see the cup half emtpy. Change your approach to things and you might feel more positive.
    Ferrari per sempre !

Its not even about that. No body cares about number of laps, but everything points to their domination continuing. Read some italian jurnos who are at the track all 4 days and generally obviously have sweet spot for Ferrari, its not pretty. We are good yes, best of the rest, but Merc is just comfortably better you think team doesnt know that? Just look at their car...Its RBR days all over again. They have the best car, the best development and thats it. Looking forward to rules change next year when everyones aero starts from scratch.
    Data.

What data have you seen to support that the season is already over?

Please post this data, so we can all see it, i'm not interested in "feelings", "Italian Journos", or people track side, unless those track side people can see fuel loads, engine settings etc.

The point is, YES mercedes night destroy everyone this season, but people are just guessing, there is no data available i have seen that supports that, so why are people acting like this are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ok we get it!!!Why are you keep saying it!!!Some of us what to keep a little more hope!!!We know all this that you are saying we see the pictures and yes we know that as it looks by now they might be way ahead for another year!!!!BUT nothing is over yet and untill we have the 1st qualy i personally dont what to hear evey 2 secs that we are doomed!!!!Sorry mate but please let us enjoy it as we can!!!
    Just as an FYI, I think we are looking way WAY better than Merc right now. Get the trophy cabinet at Maranello ready for some more silverware I say

Thumbs up

Raikkonen 1:24.460 on soft tires. Merc last year, 1:22.8 on soft tiresjust for comparison sake. Yesterday, FI 1:24 flat.
    Vet did 1.23.8 on softs, it's down to set up & fuel loads basically.
    Mate, I donno why u r worried n updating such frustrated posts. Stay cool & calm, this is build up(base) to great car. Few development parts will b tested in next test. If you observe clearly Earlier we would b fantastic on Friday's n disappointed on Saturday's. That was changed from 2nd half of 2015 season, we were building the car from Friday FP1 - quali.... Same strategy is being followed now.
    This test is the base for newly designed car with updated PU n some technical bits. In the next test we see some aero related development tests & set up, which would give good idea where the development is heading to.
    I'm sure this year we gonna challenge mercs, in some stage.

Gary Anderson, technical consultant, on Mercedes' Wednesday upgrades

Mercedes' bargeboard itself is like a vertical-mounted, slotted flap wing.

Basically you can make this type of design do a lot more work with these slots. This in turn will pull more of the airflow from underneath the front of the chassis, making the front wing work more efficiently, and introduce it onto the leading edge of the underfloor.

If higher energy airflow is introduced to that leading edge, the diffuser will be able to pull it through and under the floor area at a higher speed, which will mean it will produce more downforce underneath the car.

As with any component that is being used to influence the airflow, the mounting system is very important.

You can lose all of the benefit if the mounting system is not sympathetic to the airflow. As can be seen, each vertical section is mounted on its own little support, with its own leading and trailing edge.

As the airflow comes around the leading edge of the sidepod, each of these sections will create some downforce in its own right.

The sum of all these components might add up to something like 10kg of overall downforce, which would be equivalent to around 0.1 seconds of lap time.
    Not really a game changer!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Oh man! finally some positive people to wash all the depression ambient here!!!

Btw merc hasn't passed the deflection on the new front wing.... they cant run it in Melbourne.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...w-nose-675603/

Quote Originally Posted by SashAlex View Post
    Do you have a depression or smth? You see the cup half emtpy. Change your approach to things and you might feel more positive.
    Why would I be depressed? Some people on this thread think we currently look better then Merc. I call that delusion. I call it as I see it. No need to get defensive. Im pessimistic for our chance of catching Merc let alone mounting serious WDC challange.

I believe we have improved, which is great, but just by looking at everything we have currently and looking at the cars they are another galaxy. This was said by technical people who are looking at these car currently on track. If you want to know more, look it up. Few technical jurnos (F1analisitecnica for example) are saying Ferrari doesnt really look all that sharp on front end, that it still understeers in middle of corner and that they have seen better traction on Ferrari before.

Thats why Im "depressed" about SF16 being a challanger, because all you can see and all you can read about Merc (and what last 2 years thought us) is that its just phenomenal car.