Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Abu Dhabi 2015 Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1st Seb needs to get a good start, 2nd he needs a SC at some point of the race 3. Kimi should pile pressure on mercs, that causes mercs to think same strategy as Kimi (ofcourse Kimi has 1set of SS), while doing so vet comes into picture who has diff strategy in hands.
    Vettel's been really unlucky with SCs this season and starts have a bit of a luck factor as well. Additionally we had a handful of races where we weren't able to win but were still able to pressure Mercedes such as Bahrain, Canada, maybe Monaco/Austria/Japan, and Brazil, but Raikkonen was not in such a position in any one of those races except for Bahrain... I would say we have 2 of the unluckiest drivers alive.

Different angles of Sebastian Vettel's new #AbuDhabiGP helmet design: Shine in the night.!!
    Attachment 6565
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Kimi Raikkonen, 3rd

“It has been a nice Saturday, my car has been feeling pretty good the whole day. This morning I only struggled on some laps, but overall the behavior was the way I wanted and when it’s like that it’s a lot easier to put the lap together. The Mercedes have been very quick today and yesterday, in the lap times they are a bit faster than us, but the race is tomorrow, so let’s see. I did my maximum today. Tomorrow is another day, we can only do our best and see where we’ll end up. We’ll try to make a good start and then see how it pans out, going from there and making the right decisions.”

Sebastian Vettel, 16th

“Nothing wrong with the car, we thought that the lap I had on the Soft (harder) tyres was quick enough, but in the end it was not. There was also a car in front which shouldn’t have been there. So we misjudged the situation, a small mistake with big consequence, but the race is tomorrow and lots can happen. It is good that Kimi is in the front, we have a quick car and it is possible to overtake here, even if only tomorrow we’ll be able to tell how much it is. You can spend a lot of time speaking about what we did wrong, but in the end we know, so now we need to move forward.”

Maurizio Arrivabene, Team Principal

“A huge mistake on our side made it impossible for Seb to progress beyond Q1. Kimi did an outstanding job, ending the session with third best time. Tomorrow in the race we must simply give our best, in order to finish this season in style.”

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...abu-dhabi.html

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1st Seb needs to get a good start, 2nd he needs a SC at some point of the race 3. Kimi should pile pressure on mercs, that causes mercs to think same strategy as Kimi (ofcourse Kimi has 1set of SS), while doing so vet comes into picture who has diff strategy in hands.
    Kimi beating Bottas is the priority, even nobody in the team seems to admit it He is not going to be used to give Seb a strategy advance

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    He is not going to be used to give Seb a strategy advance
    Not like it's happened so far anyway. Why would they do it now... If anything, the opposite happened in Bahrain for example.

The car has the pace. Super softs are good for the chassis. Kimi has the grid slot. Kimi has to either win it or at least come P2. If he loses the podium to a Force India or worse- a Williams- Kimi is as good as retirement worthy for me.
    I still have faith in him but he's been proving me wrong for most of this season.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    The car has the pace. Super softs are good for the chassis. Kimi has the grid slot. Kimi has to either win it or at least come P2. If he loses the podium to a Force India or worse- a Williams- Kimi is as good as retirement worthy for me.
    I still have faith in him but he's been proving me wrong for most of this season.
    How's he supposed to "at least come P2"? That's some irrational expectation imo...

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    How's he supposed to "at least come P2"? That's some irrational expectation imo...
    exactly...no way he can overcome those TWO mercedes rockets, unless they run into some reliability issues especially with Rosberg given that he has a really old engine with a lot of miles on it

we'll see, let's hope for a good end of year result from both our drivers
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Vettel's been really unlucky with SCs this season and starts have a bit of a luck factor as well. Additionally we had a handful of races where we weren't able to win but were still able to pressure Mercedes such as Bahrain, Canada, maybe Monaco/Austria/Japan, and Brazil, but Raikkonen was not in such a position in any one of those races except for Bahrain... I would say we have 2 of the unluckiest drivers alive.
    Yes couple of podiums missed, else vet would have secured 2nd position in WDC. With Kimi, I think he needs to step up attack mercs right from start.
    Rosberg down on power, which should give huge adv to hamster & slight adv to Kimi. I really pray for Seb to join the front leaders as quickly as possible. That would make interesting race.

The Force India and Willams will be a problem I guess. very hard to overtake them on the straight. Ik also expect Perez to be a threat to Kimi. His starts are quite good and he will have an advantage on the two straights. I hope Kimi doesn't get stuck behind him and is able to put pressure on the Mercs. Nevertheless, I don't think Kimi will be able to match them. But Kimi seems to be quite good with the tyres. So perhaps he can do something alternative. First stint will be crucial, if he can extend that stint, without loosing to much time to Mercs, that would be ideal.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Kimi said he's comfortable with the car and you don't here that very often. With ros using old engine and ham with his balance issues really hope Kimi can do something here.

I don't want to hope for too much, not to be dissapointed at the end... Podium could be nice...

Maybe it's the air you breathe in Abu Dhabi because of the confusion of the Ferrari strategists. Mistake as in 2010 but MUCH less important (thankfully)!

ForzaFerrariGo!

Scuderia Ferrari, la Scuderia più vincente nella storia della Formula 1.
    16 Titoli Costruttori & 15 Titoli Piloti.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    I think you should lower the expectations. We were never this season EXPECTED to beat mercedes. It happened, it could happen today, but the chances are small...

Seb will start from 15th on the grid, as Grosjean hit with grid penalty....!!