Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10354647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

^^^^ Not sure but ever since that little tire tes of theirs, theyve been uncatchable.
    B4 that they were lucky to finish top 5 even w/Shumi driving. Of course that was when
    everyone ran those lovely V8's. Boy I miss those.

Another thought? If merc was allowed to do a secret tire test, why werent all of the teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Something that came to me now... Couldn't this be the thing, that Mercedes is doing since the secet tyre test? Being it the reason, why suddenly they were able to work better with tyres then anybody else since then? And only now it came to surface as other teams figured out how to do that as well? Just a thought.
    How long will we go on about this tyre test as if it performed some sort of miracle for Merc? It was 3 years ago it really is not the reason Merc are ahead. And don't forget Ferrari also ran a secret tyre test......and Pirelli introduced a completely new tyre after the constant problems in 2013 with exploding tyres. Seb went on to win 9 in a row with the new tyres, so I struggle to see how the tyre test suddenly gave Merc anything...

But to answer, no as there was no checks on tyre pressures back then.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    ^^^^ Not sure but ever since that little tire tes of theirs, theyve been uncatchable.
    B4 that they were lucky to finish top 5 even w/Shumi driving. Of course that was when
    everyone ran those lovely V8's. Boy I miss those.

Another thought? If merc was allowed to do a secret tire test, why werent all of the teams?
    Because it was secret!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How long will we go on about this tyre test as if it performed some sort of miracle for Merc? It was 3 years ago it really is not the reason Merc are ahead. And don't forget Ferrari also ran a secret tyre test......and Pirelli introduced a completely new tyre after the constant problems in 2013 with exploding tyres. Seb went on to win 9 in a row with the new tyres, so I struggle to see how the tyre test suddenly gave Merc anything...

The problem was that Seb won those 9 races in a RB...not a Ferrari....
    When someone wins a race it should always be in a Ferrari

Arrivabene hints at Ferrari upgrades
    Claiming that the F1 Championship race isn’t over, Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene has revealed that they may introduce a couple of upgrades in the coming races which may surprise a few.
    1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Maurizio_Arriv abene
    Despite not scoring a race victory as of yet this season, the Italian is confident that duo Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen, who have a combined five World Championships, have the necessary tools in their locker to close down the 81 point gap to Mercedes.

On their upgrades, the Ferrari boss did not reveal much but did add that their team are working very hard on their SF16-H.

“I won’t tell you the exact dates, but I can tell you that our engineers do not sleep,” he said.

“Some surprises will come – because our chassis engineers are sleeping even less.”

He also added that the battle between teammates Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton will hopefully work in their favour.

“We must take into account that Rosberg and Hamilton will take points from each other, because otherwise it would be tough,” he continued.

“The championship is long and we have had several unfortunate days – while they have had only one bad occasions.

“But if it happens then it is very easy to climb up the points table. We have to believe and have to be positive.”

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Merc was fast from beginning of season but didn't manage to be competitive in the race because of tyre issues, after tyres test and changes, they never had an issue with it.. RBR struggled in beginning as well with tyres, with the tyres less degrading they struggled less, they were still faster then Merc, difference was that RBR adapted in beginning of season to tyres (they changed some set up etc on the car, therefore they were a bit slower but managed to do good races, Merc didn't do this..)
    The test we did was with an old car..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

TURIN, Italy -- Ferrari technical director James Allison says his team's early work under the 2017 regulations is already producing a better looking car for next season.

A new set of technical regulations for 2017 have been designed to create a breed of faster, more aggressive looking F1 cars. The cars will be wider, with a lower and wider rear wing as well as fatter tyres all round. The regulations are primarily aimed at increasing downforce and mechanical grip, but are also written to avoid a repeat of some of the uglier designs in recent years.

Speaking about form versus function at the FIA Sport Conference in Turin, Allison said the new regulations promise to produce better looking cars.

"Formula One teams focus completely on function over form and what it ends up looking like is just what it ends up looking like," he said. "However, all of us -- or at least the vast majority of us -- want our product to be beautiful and therefore we want regulations that inherently make the cars beautiful, so that when we set out to focus on function only, the regulations naturally produce beautiful cars.

"We've made a little bit of a step forward to get rid of the horrible looking noses of a couple of years ago and next year's regulations are a very conscious effort to try to make the cars both unbelievably quick and also beautiful.

"The proportions of next year's cars are very appealing. For those of us who are lucky enough to be seeing them as they get created, they look nice. I'm looking forward to seeing them racing."

TURIN, Italy -- Ferrari technical director James Allison says his team's early work under the 2017 regulations is already producing a better looking car for next season.

A new set of technical regulations for 2017 have been designed to create a breed of faster, more aggressive looking F1 cars. The cars will be wider, with a lower and wider rear wing as well as fatter tyres all round. The regulations are primarily aimed at increasing downforce and mechanical grip, but are also written to avoid a repeat of some of the uglier designs in recent years.

Speaking about form versus function at the FIA Sport Conference in Turin, Allison said the new regulations promise to produce better looking cars.

"Formula One teams focus completely on function over form and what it ends up looking like is just what it ends up looking like," he said. "However, all of us -- or at least the vast majority of us -- want our product to be beautiful and therefore we want regulations that inherently make the cars beautiful, so that when we set out to focus on function only, the regulations naturally produce beautiful cars.

"We've made a little bit of a step forward to get rid of the horrible looking noses of a couple of years ago and next year's regulations are a very conscious effort to try to make the cars both unbelievably quick and also beautiful.

"The proportions of next year's cars are very appealing. For those of us who are lucky enough to be seeing them as they get created, they look nice. I'm looking forward to seeing them racing."
    I hope it is fast and reliable straight out of the box. How it looks, I don't care, as long it is red!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I hope it is fast and reliable straight out of the box. How it looks, I don't care, as long it is red!
    i'm with you on this one Stefa....but somehow i think that being ALL red it won't happen, partly because we have to please one of the biggest sponsors which is Santander...and because of that we'll see some white, but let's hope it's minimal.

but if it's FAST and reliable right out of the gate, i'm sure we can put up with a little bit of WHITE...i know i will be....even though i TOO prefer it to be ALL RED

F1 - Santander eyes Ferrari deal beyond 2017...with a cost reduction of one third

30 May 2016 - 17h01, by GMM

The Spanish bank Santander is in talks about extending its major sponsorship contract with Ferrari beyond 2017.

In 2012, it was reported that a new contract extension had pushed the existing Santander deal all the way until the end of next year.

"Our sponsorship with Ferrari is the best marketing operation in the 150 year history of the bank," chairman Emilio Botin said in 2012, two years before he died of a heart attack.

Now, two international reports suggest Santander - headed today by Botin’s 55-year-old daughter Ana Patricia - is still happy with the deal and wants to extend it again.

But Marca, a Spanish sports daily, said Santander may be moving to reduce the value of the deal, and therefore the visibility on Ferrari’s red livery

The report said Santander’s current deal is currently worth an estimated EUR 45 million per year.

Also reporting from Monaco at the weekend, the German-language Speed Week said Santander is likely to negotiate a new contract with a cost reduction of one third.
    So probably more red

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene has hinted about potential ‘surprise’ upgrades from his team in the next few races, as he remains adamant its title hopes are not over.

Although the Maranello outfit has still not won a race so far this season, Arrivabene is convinced that the potential is there for Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen to close down the advantage Mercedes has built up in the first eight races of the year.

When asked about potential upgrades that could be arriving to help Ferrari achieve its aim, Arrivabene suggested there could be something interesting on the horizon.

“I won’t tell you the exact dates, but I can tell you that are engineers do not sleep,” he said. “Some surprises will come – because our chassis engineers are sleeping even less.”
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene has hinted about potential ‘surprise’ upgrades from his team in the next few races, as he remains adamant its title hopes are not over.

Although the Maranello outfit has still not won a race so far this season, Arrivabene is convinced that the potential is there for Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen to close down the advantage Mercedes has built up in the first eight races of the year.

When asked about potential upgrades that could be arriving to help Ferrari achieve its aim, Arrivabene suggested there could be something interesting on the horizon.

“I won’t tell you the exact dates, but I can tell you that are engineers do not sleep,” he said. “Some surprises will come – because our chassis engineers are sleeping even less.”
    although this sounds good and optiminstic coming from Maurizio, i'm the "seeing is believing" kind of person

so until we actually SEE results on track with WINS to come from them, until then, i'll take all this talk with a pinch of salt
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I believe....

Ferrari hint at major upgrade for the next race in the chassis department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by F1YMS View Post
    Ferrari hint at major upgrade for the next race in the chassis department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    could it be a new and different front nose?? something similar to the one on Mercedes??

i've heard some rumors a week or 2 ago that some team has finally passed the mandatory FIA crash test on a new nose and rumors around the paddock saying that that particular team is Ferrari....

again this could be all rumours, and i still stand by "seeing is believing" results for me....ha, ha...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    could it be a new and different front nose?? something similar to the one on Mercedes??

i've heard some rumors a week or 2 ago that some team has finally passed the mandatory FIA crash test on a new nose and rumors around the paddock saying that that particular team is Ferrari....

again this could be all rumours, and i still stand by "seeing is believing" results for me....ha, ha...
    That turned out to be redbull not us. Apparently they made the nose even shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    That turned out to be redbull not us. Apparently they made the nose even shorter.
    I don’t understand how a team like FERRARI which has the same budget in comparison with red fools and Mercedes cannot come up with a short nose similar to merc and has a hard time passing the crash test; and then we ended up with a crappy nose like Williams….LOL

although this sounds good and optiminstic coming from Maurizio, i'm the "seeing is believing" kind of person

so until we actually SEE results on track with WINS to come from them, until then, i'll take all this talk with a pinch of salt
    I am totally with on on this matter SEEING IS BELIEVING. In past to many words were said... for nothing...empty words with empty promises. Don't speak show it!

I believe....
    Attachment 6757

I don’t understand how a team like FERRARI which has the same budget in comparison with red fools and Mercedes cannot come up with a short nose similar to merc and has a hard time passing the crash test; and then we ended up with a crappy nose like Williams….LOL
    I always wonder that too... but I am hopeful that Ferrari are on the up now, hopefully it won't be long before they are cutting edge again.

Italian team, run by Italians. Lots (too much) of internal politics. The glory days of SF have always been those with foreigners at the helm of the scuderia. Byrne, Brawn, Todt, Schumacher etc. There is a reason Merc/RBR has been at the top for so long. Look even at Toro Rosso. All major figures are foreigners. Even the team boss is Austrian. They have a certain efficiency that gets results.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    Italian team, run by Italians. Lots (too much) of internal politics. The glory days of SF have always been those with foreigners at the helm of the scuderia. Byrne, Brawn, Todt, Schumacher etc. There is a reason Merc/RBR has been at the top for so long. Look even at Toro Rosso. All major figures are foreigners. Even the team boss is Austrian. They have a certain efficiency that gets results.
    ferrari is history, it has several milestones. I do agree with one of the point which is internal politics. But i think, now there is alot more freedom to push the developments & openness compared to earlier days. Ofcourse pressure is always there as it is Ferrari, a huge icon for the F1 sport.
    Merc & redbull are no where compared to ferrari, they don't even come close.

We always seem to be behind in developement, we still don't have a 'S' duct and midfield teams do. Last year everyone had a short nose and we didn't, I know Ferrari want to go down their own developement path but I don't think they always make the right call

So you are stereotyping Italians now? How do you know this? Or is it something you simply
    learned along the way? So how do you stereotype your people? Amsterdam? And so you were in the Ferrari factory to see this 1st hand? Merc always ran near the front
    until they assembled their current group, which if Im not mistaken includes Aldo Costa.
    I think we can discuss development w/out pinning success or failure on any nationality.
    I think you can find groups of many nationalities on all of the formula 1 teams.

I know that this is not the right place and I apologize myself for posting this on this thread, but this is most viewed one
    I have question for Macedonian Tifosi. Which TV station in Macedonia is broadcasting F1? I'll be on 31st of July in Skoplje and I need to watch somewhere German GP.

THANK YOU!!!!

So you are stereotyping Italians now? How do you know this? Or is it something you simply
    learned along the way? So how do you stereotype your people? Amsterdam? And so you were in the Ferrari factory to see this 1st hand? Merc always ran near the front
    until they assembled their current group, which if Im not mistaken includes Aldo Costa.
    I think we can discuss development w/out pinning success or failure on any nationality.
    I think you can find groups of many nationalities on all of the formula 1 teams.
    This + 1 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I know that this is not the right place and I apologize myself for posting this on this thread, but this is most viewed one
    I have question for Macedonian Tifosi. Which TV station in Macedonia is broadcasting F1? I'll be on 31st of July in Skoplje and I need to watch somewhere German GP.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Državna Makedonska televizija-ako nema ničeg drug značajnog na tv-u, daje ga Mtv1 a ako ne ide na treći kanal koji se zove"Sobraniski kanal".

Imaš i na play store-u aplikaciju sa kojom možeš pratiti i preko mobiljke. Treba samo mx player.

Ako prolaziš nadole prema Ohridu, ja živim u Kičevo, na 60 km pre Ohrida(mada sam sada u Grčkoj)

Slobodno pitaj bilo šta

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Državna Makedonska televizija-ako nema ničeg drug značajnog na tv-u, daje ga Mtv1 a ako ne ide na treći kanal koji se zove"Sobraniski kanal".

Imaš i na play store-u aplikaciju sa kojom možeš pratiti i preko mobiljke. Treba samo mx player.

Ako prolaziš nadole prema Ohridu, ja živim u Kičevo, na 60 km pre Ohrida(mada sam sada u Grčkoj)

Slobodno pitaj bilo šta
    Thank you so so much!!!!

Stereotyping Italians? Hahaha please spare me the fan boy rant. I have been supporting SF for longer than you have lived probably. Look at all the famous teams in F1. Mclaren, Mercedes (both old and new), the 'garagistas' of the 1950's. Even RBR. All run by north Europeans. Yes Aldo Costa works at MB but does he run the team? No? The team is not run by him but by a German and a Brit. Don't get me wrong here, Ferrari red runs through my veins but you can't argue with the points I put forward here.

Tell me in what period did we do well with Italians running the team. I am curious.

...... Tell me in what period did we do well with Italians running the team. I am curious.
    I really hope this is just coming our wrong and you don't mean this.
    The thought that talent, skill, leadership or any other human trait is bound or constrained by nationality is dangerous and wrong.