Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596071 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

From these following images you can see the Y250 vortex from the new FW!!

Last edited by PadGeT; 29th April 2016 at 22:02.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Hard to say without good footage or video, but this vortex doesn't look exactly great. I remember comparison between RB and Ferrari few years ago where RBs vortex was tighter and more controlled, and the air was directed to diffuser better then in Ferrari case. Hard to judge, but this reminds me of that case...

Here is the GIF
    http://i.imgur.com/8PyG5vg.gif

There is a difference though. I thought the same when I saw the video, and yes, in yesterday's FP2 the vortex did spiral out uncontrollably. But the thing is, this is the unloaded portion of the car, so the vortex is meant to go out. the side where it is more beneficial in this left hand corner is the right side vortex as that determines how much load and roll the car can carry through the corner.
    i hope this made as much sense as it did in my mind.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Yes, we have new engines for this race

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChMq9wiWgAAlxw8.jpg:large
    Nice to see this!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

let's concentrate fully on 2017 car, the gap to Mercedes is between 0,5 seconds and 1 second and that's huge.

Thought that to yesterday with all the things that brake down now.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    let's concentrate fully on 2017 car, the gap to Mercedes is between 0,5 seconds and 1 second and that's huge.
    something tells me that this season may be in the BAG for Mercedes and that only by a miracle we could come even close to put some pressure on them
    so part of me TOO says that we should concentrate more on 2017 since the cars will look somewhat different.

i'm not doubting that Ferrari is not working really hard, because they are.....but everytime we make a little progress, Mercedes finds or unlocks more pace from their car...

but i don't knwo if it's just BAD luck for Lewis that his car always seems to have issues OR maybe now that they are forced to turn up their engines more to cope with the pressure Ferrari is trying t put on them....but Merc's reliability as of late is not that bullet proof.....but all these issues don't seem to hinder Rosberg....or maybe not yet, we'll have to wait an see.

but one thing is for sure their reliabilty is NOT as good as last year....tehn again neither is OURS
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    This time next year we'll probably be saying let's concentrate on the 2018 car!

Analisitecnica reports new RW in Spain and I'm not hyped one bit. After what Merc has done to the field in Sochi I don't see Ferrari having a chance to even bring good racing to fans, let alone win.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Analisitecnica reports new RW in Spain and I'm not hyped one bit. After what Merc has done to the field in Sochi I don't see Ferrari having a chance to even bring good racing to fans, let alone win.
    sadly your comment is rather TRUE....unless somehow Ferrari will prove us wrong...but that Mountain they have to climb is RATHER tall, rally tall

I expect Ferrari to be closer in Spain due to track layout. Other than the stupid chicane in the last sector, the Barcelona circuit does not have as many of the low speed traction critical corners that the Merc excels on. Not expecting a win, but maybe a clean race for Ferrari for the first time this year? We can hope.

We just hope that this updates coming will be working, challenging the silver arrow for this year title would be extremely difficult given what happen this past races.

When is the turbo fix coming? is it for Spain or Canada? As we know the engine is not running at full power, lets wait and see what happens when the engine is at 100% before we write off good racing!

They had the new rear wing in Sochi, but the didn't use it because they had to fix the DRS system, as Arrivabene said. Nothing new..

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    When is the turbo fix coming? is it for Spain or Canada? As we know the engine is not running at full power, lets wait and see what happens when the engine is at 100% before we write off good racing!
    I believe it is for Spain.
    But I'm a bit confused about the token system..... do we need to use them or can be upgraded for reliability reasons? Also do we have to take on the 3rd and 4th engines for kimi and seb?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I believe it is for Spain.
    But I'm a bit confused about the token system..... do we need to use them or can be upgraded for reliability reasons? Also do we have to take on the 3rd and 4th engines for kimi and seb?
    If its a pure reliability upgrade, it won't use any tokens. Only if the fix brings performance will they use them. If its just the turbo that will change there is no need to wait until a new engine is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    If its a pure reliability upgrade, it won't use any tokens. Only if the fix brings performance will they use them. If its just the turbo that will change there is no need to wait until a new engine is needed.
    Thanks for clarifying this.

But in case of reliability upgrade then each new component have to be explained to competitors to prove reliability issue that with this modification will be fixed. I am sure that in this case if fix to turbo could give away some of secrets we will use token or two to hide it.

Sergio Marchionne: "I'm used to seeing the Ferrari of Schumacher"

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne says it breaks his soul to see Ferrari struggling to fight for victories in Formula One.

Ferrari has failed to live up to its lofty expectations so far this season and arguably suffered its least competitive weekend of the year last time out in Russia. Sebastian Vettel qualified 0.706s off Nico Rosberg's pole position time in Sochi and was taken out at Turn 3 after starting from seventh due to a gearbox problem. Teammate Kimi Raikkonen finished third but was outqualified by a Williams on Saturday and finished the race 32 seconds off Rosberg, who slowed his pace towards the end due to an MGU-K issue.

"Yesterday was a bad day," Marchionne was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday. "There is still a lot of work to do, but I have every confidence in the team and we will succeed."

The comments came on the same day that Marchionne strengthened his position at the helm of Ferrari by being appointed CEO as well as chairman. He issued a warning to his team saying it must improve quickly in order to battle reigning champions Mercedes and bring back the glory years of Michael Schumacher's dominance in the early 2000s.

"We must close the gap at the speed of light. I am used to seeing the Ferrari of Schumacher, it breaks my soul to see Ferrari suffering so much."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...gio-marchionne

Ferrari F1 struggles in Russia just a blip - Mercedes

Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff has suggested Ferrari's disappointing form during the Russian Grand Prix weekend was a blip, influenced by Sochi's characteristics.

(...)

"Engine power plays a role so I would say that the blip in performance we've seen from Ferrari is Sochi-specific."

The man is pissing in our face

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff has suggested Ferrari's disappointing form during the Russian Grand Prix weekend was a blip, influenced by Sochi's characteristics.

(...)

"Engine power plays a role so I would say that the blip in performance we've seen from Ferrari is Sochi-specific."

what a troll this ******* Totto is....he clearly knows taht the mercedes is lightyears ahead of Ferrari in terms of engine and chassis....and still rubs it in our face and trolls taht Ferrari is still close to them an he fears Ferrari because of Sochi circuit specifics....

i never seen such a TROLL in my whole experience of watching F1
    Last edited by Rob; 5th May 2016 at 08:47.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what a troll this ******* Totto is....he clearly knows taht the mercedes is lightyears ahead of Ferrari in terms of engine and chassis....and still rubs it in our face and trolls taht Ferrari is still close to them an he fears Ferrari because of Sochi circuit specifics....

and the worst thing is that Ferrari has become so helpless
    Last edited by Rob; 5th May 2016 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

(...)

Can't really blame them, remember all those big talks from Marchionne before the first GP. Ferrari should've kept quiet and let the car do the talking.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

I really wish we could shut them up by taking pole and winning the spanish grand prix by a big margin, but unfortunately we arent even close to their pace. Apparently Nico did the fastest lap of the race while his engine was running on "safe settings" according to motorsport f1. This is the kind of performance they've got and i don't know how we can close this gap.
    Last edited by Rob; 5th May 2016 at 08:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I really wish we could shut them up by taking pole and winning the spanish grand prix by a big margin, but unfortunately we arent even close to their pace. Apparently Nico did the fastest lap of the race while his engine was running on "safe settings" according to motorsport f1. This is the kind of performance they've got and i don't know how we can close this gap.
    Couldn't agree more, whatever we do doesn't seem to make any inroads to the Mercedes domination. even when we've shown to be getting closer, we seem to drop the ball or have it dropped for us by other drivers and reliability issues. I'm at a loss to know what else we can do with this engine formula as it stands and the token system doesn't help, before we know it RB, Renault and Honda will be on our heels. I don't want to be so pessimistic so maybe we can surprise ourselves in Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Couldn't agree more, whatever we do doesn't seem to make any inroads to the Mercedes domination. even when we've shown to be getting closer, we seem to drop the ball or have it dropped for us by other drivers and reliability issues. I'm at a loss to know what else we can do with this engine formula as it stands and the token system doesn't help, before we know it RB, Renault and Honda will be on our heels. I don't want to be so pessimistic so maybe we can surprise ourselves in Spain!
    I too hate to be pessimistic but as fustration grows its hard to keep emotions in tact. Like you rightly put, the goal posts seems to be constantly moving when we get an inch closer. More than McLaren, I'm beginning to worry about redbull.... hopefully our upgrades nullify any gains they make with their PU. Anyway, i think Spain should give us a good indication of where we are heading this year. So looking forward to that.

I think all this troll ended when Ferrari bring new turbo and cath this guys.Then we will see who is who

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    I think all this troll ended when Ferrari bring new turbo and cath this guys.Then we will see who is who
    Now that's the spirit!

I'm pretty sure we'll do better next race, obviously the Ferrari still does not like Sochi
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

TWO-STEP PROGRESS AT FERRARI

The Scuderia spent three of its nine remaining engine development tokens ahead of the Sochi event in a bid to tweak its internal combustion engine (ICE). Ferrari has already planned on improving its turbocharger by the Canadian Grand Prix in June, for this has been the weakest link in the Italian power unit this year. However, opinions differ about the root of the issue.

According to Autosport’s Craig Scarborough, the Ferrari turbo would not be able to spin at full speed. In order to spare the turbine, the Italian engine engineers would detune the component by having the MGU-H set it in motion at the end of straights. This compromise would hurt top-end speed (as it creates ‘clipping’), but it would enable Ferrari to harvest more electric energy before deploying it somewhere else on the circuit.

However, Italian sources with good knowledge of the situation put another theory forward: the 059/05 would feature an oversized turbine that would require a bigger amount of electric energy to keep spinning at the appropriate speed and help reduce turbo lag. The clipping phenomenon witnessed on the SF16-H at the end of straights would thus come from a lack of electric power. According to an engine supplier, if all components are correctly sized, the unwanted turbo lag is all but a minor issue on the current breed of 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged power units. A few hundreds of watts are needed to make the turbine spin, which amounts to a few hundredths of a second per lap.

To this date, Ferrari has spent 26 of its 32 tokens, while Mercedes still has 11 in hand after using two ahead of the Russian Grand Prix. Renault, which has a major upgrade lined up for Canada, also spent one token for Sochi, which means the French constructor still has 24 left. Honda has yet to dip into its 14-token allocation for the season, though Fernando Alonso recently hinted that the Japanese manufacturer should start using some of it by calling for more power in qualifying.