Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Suzuka GP 2015 Main Race

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2017 is just around the corner, a little too soon . Ferrari in 2020, maybe. Without a better chassi well say 2022.... I want to fit in with all the fans here,
    lol

2017 is just around the corner, a little too soon . Ferrari in 2020, maybe. Without a better chassi well say 2022.... I want to fit in with all the fans here,
    No mate Ferrari in 2016..........FORZAAAA

Japanese Grand Prix: Vettel: If we had pitted one lap sooner...

Sebastian Vettel was left to wonder what might have been at the Japanese Grand Prix as he suspected Ferrari's strategy had handed Mercedes another 1-2 result at Suzuka.

The German, who had had to give best to the Silver Arrows in qualifying just one week after dominating the Singapore Grand Prix, benefited from polesitter Nico Rosberg and team-mate Lewis Hamilton battling through the first two turns, jumping his countryman as he ran wide, but was unable to sustain his advantage beyond the second round of pit-stops as Ferrari failed to react immediately to Mercedes' strategy.

“We thought we were safe,” Vettel reflected, “The tyres were in reasonable shape but I think Nico was a surprise with the pace he had on his out-lap. I was very happy with my in-lap, which was happening at the same time, but it was a question of a couple of tenths into turn one, when he had the upper hand, and then it was clear that it would be difficult because he was catching me before [the stops]. The fact that Lewis disappeared showed they had a bit more speed today.

“Had we pitted one lap sooner, it could have been a bit more interesting - and more challenging for Nico to get past - because it's not so easy to follow the cars here through the high speed sections. I think we had a good chance, but he made the most of the out-lap that he had. With hindsight, it's always easy.”

Third place nevertheless keeps Vettel on the fringes of the championship battle, although, having closed the gap in Singapore, he now falls back to 59 points adrift of Hamilton. With five races to run, however, the Ferrari driver refuses to concede…

“It's not done until it's done – the chance is there and what kind of racing driver would I be if I stopped believing?” he asked, “Of course, it's difficult because the opponent is very strong – they are currently in stronger form than us and its not easy to turn things around when you are behind - but you have to keep believing, otherwise it is pointless rocking up and trying to fight.

“I think there is always a chance on Sunday although, being realistic, I think it will be very difficult. But who knows what is going to happen? We have to keep doing our thing – that's the maximum we can do. Everything else is not in our hands.”

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/223538/...m_campaign=rss
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Dennis rebukes Alonso over ‘unprofessional’ race comments

Ron Dennis says Fernando Alonso didn't show 'professionalism' when he commented that the power of his McLaren-Honda was akin to a GP2 car during the Japanese Grand Prix.

The Spaniard commented that he was 'embarrassed' whilst being overtaken by other cars during Honda's home race at Suzuka, his strong starts simply highlighting the car's lack of straight-line speed as rivals came back through.

With Alonso getting onto the team radio to say 'It feels like GP2 – embarrassing, very embarrassing', the two-time champion nonetheless persevered to turn in an 11th place finish despite the deficit in pace.

However, his comments on a day when many of the top brass from Honda – as well as Dennis - were present to watch the Japanese Grand Prix, received short shrift from the McLaren CEO, suggesting the comments weren't appropriate considering those in attendance.

“I'm not going to condone those sorts of things because it doesn't show the professionalism that I would like our drivers to show,” he said. “He's in the car, he's frustrated and of course his exposure is to the technical staff, but it was not a particularly constructive way to communicate with everyone at Honda.

“The way for me to deal with drivers is either through the appropriate management channels of Eric [Boullier] of in certain circumstances talk to them myself. However I choose to do that remains a team matter and not a matter for the media.”

Despite the dressing down, Dennis – who famously fell out with Alonso during his brief time at McLaren in 2007 -, feels the harsh words are more the result of frustration than overall disdain.

“I think it's just frustration,” he continued. “Anything that is coming out of our drivers at the moment has its origins in frustration and disappointment and demotivation. We are all demotivated, but I still can't understand why everybody doesn't appreciate the fact that you are not going to win the world championship if you have a second string engine, it's just not going to happen. Therefore, we have got to go through the pain and the learning curve to get a competitive engine.

“That is not a derogatory comment against Honda. Honda had the president of the company, the president of R&D, the president of the Honda motor company, all of these people are here totally committed. They understand what has to be done and of course they are resourcing, increasing resources and putting more money and effort into it, but we will get there.”

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/223549/...m_campaign=rss
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Alonso is making the same statements he did with us. Realizing he won't be WC again makes him lose it...

Nope there was a definite blackout by Bernie, pretty disgusting really.

At one point the gap to vettel and rosberg dropped to 1 second, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have shown that, as well as the 1st lap battle between lewis and rosberg

The race almost fully concentrated on Redbull teams

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

At one point the gap to vettel and rosberg dropped to 1 second, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have shown that, as well as the 1st lap battle between lewis and rosberg

I am not so sure. Because watching the race I didn't even realize they were not showing Mercedes. I thought I saw plenty of Rosberg. Then reading these comments I tried to recall some shots of Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Maldonado, Ricciardo, Massa, Sainz, etc and it was so limited or nonexistent that I am not sure there was a blackout. Not like we saw plenty of Raikkonen, Bottas, Vettel etc either. They showed mostly the rest. And like I said, it didn't even make a difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Why should they show Vettel when there was no action going on?
    If actual action was the criteria for showing parts of the race there'd be precious little coverage these days [emoji4]

I was talking about Mclaren not Ferrari. I hope we can challenge Mercedes for the title next year actually.
    And i can see you have a lot of overoptimistic statements. Overoptimistic statements doesn't make you more of a fan you know.

So I watched the re-run, I didn't bother to get up for this one. A bit surprizing that both cars were so much quicker than Williams. I thought it would be closer. The result was the maximum even without the Merc undercut with Rosberg on Seb. This race was always going to be good for Merc. We still have Mexico and Brazil left where I believe the Scuderia will be quick. Especially Mexico. Russia will be difficult like all Tilkedromes. A podium will be the max, especially since that surface is so easy on the tyres.

That was a pretty boring race but i am happy with the result. 3rd and 4th was maximum today and both driver did good job.

And as for Alonso's comments it was directed towards Honda not Ferrari, but still upsets some members here it seems.

I doubt Vettel had any chance of seriously challenging Nico. He came close for awhile due to back markers, but Nico quickly opened the gap again.

The battle between Lewis and Nico ended after turn 2, and then Lewis quickly opened a gap and never looked back.

So really, there wasn't any action at the front today.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That was a pretty boring race but i am happy with the result. 3rd and 4th was maximum today and both driver did good job.

And as for Alonso's comments it was directed towards Honda not Ferrari, but still upsets some members here it seems.
    The maximum was second place actually. We could've played better with the pit strategy.
    But still, a satisfying weekend considering our pace.

About Alonso, you just can't not mention that he was very arrogant and unprofessional. He signed up for this, he knew that Mclaren was going to drown at the back this year. Its just not possible for Honda to deliver results the first year. F1 V6 Hybrid technology is very hard to develop. He should wait for next year to give such comments and not the first year while they are still developing. He also made that comment in Japan while all of the Honda top people where there listening. It was very arrogant...
    Last edited by Stormy; 27th September 2015 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Alonso words on sky: "This is the only team that will challenge Mercedes in the near future"..........is he delusional?
    Nope, he is being hopeful. Some of us here think one day (2016 in fact) Ferrari will beat Mercedes. Judging by the current performance its not a realistic expectation, but it does not make us delusional.

Nope, he is being hopeful. Some of us here think one day (2016 in fact) Ferrari will beat Mercedes. Judging by the current performance its not a realistic expectation, but it does not make us delusional.
    We are not saying: "we will be the only ones"...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Well,judging by the current and the possibility to have an evolution like last years(we prove that we can),surely there is a very big chance to be right there with mercs and even ahead of them!!!!
    McLaren on the other hand seems to be in a very difficult situation and and we've seen nothing that make us think that they can turn things arround.
    The difference between us last year and McLaren this year is that last year was for us (us for Mercs and renault teams)a completely new engine philosophy right out of the box with nobody actually knows what is the best configuration,how the engines run in real life ,temperatures etc.Honda on the oter hand had a hole year to study in real life how all this works and check the data from theirs on the bench!!!So the most logical thing is that IF they could design a very good PU,better then ours and equal or better then the Mercs,then if not out of the box but till now they had to be right there!!!But no they are on the bottom way behind us and the Mercs and even renault although they say they are in front of them i dont see that in any track and Renault hasn't use any upgrade tokkens!!!
    So to resume,as i said,we prove that we CAN make big steps forward that didn't!!!For sure the chance is for (almost) everybody,but the best chance is us to bring the fight to Mercs next year!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yeah. We are human. You know we have opinions on other indirectly-related things too

I saw some people made some digging on the subject. I'll share these with you:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ain-grand-prix
    https://twitter.com/f1broadcasting/s...88635485618176

But, I think the first link counts some other general type of shots too. So that might be why the count is a bit higher. Or not I dunno, it's not very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Dennis rebukes Alonso over ‘unprofessional’ race comments

Ron Dennis says Fernando Alonso didn't show 'professionalism' when he commented that the power of his McLaren-Honda was akin to a GP2 car during the Japanese Grand Prix.

The Spaniard commented that he was 'embarrassed' whilst being overtaken by other cars during Honda's home race at Suzuka, his strong starts simply highlighting the car's lack of straight-line speed as rivals came back through.

With Alonso getting onto the team radio to say 'It feels like GP2 – embarrassing, very embarrassing', the two-time champion nonetheless persevered to turn in an 11th place finish despite the deficit in pace.

However, his comments on a day when many of the top brass from Honda – as well as Dennis - were present to watch the Japanese Grand Prix, received short shrift from the McLaren CEO, suggesting the comments weren't appropriate considering those in attendance.

“I'm not going to condone those sorts of things because it doesn't show the professionalism that I would like our drivers to show,” he said. “He's in the car, he's frustrated and of course his exposure is to the technical staff, but it was not a particularly constructive way to communicate with everyone at Honda.

“The way for me to deal with drivers is either through the appropriate management channels of Eric [Boullier] of in certain circumstances talk to them myself. However I choose to do that remains a team matter and not a matter for the media.”

Despite the dressing down, Dennis – who famously fell out with Alonso during his brief time at McLaren in 2007 -, feels the harsh words are more the result of frustration than overall disdain.

“I think it's just frustration,” he continued. “Anything that is coming out of our drivers at the moment has its origins in frustration and disappointment and demotivation. We are all demotivated, but I still can't understand why everybody doesn't appreciate the fact that you are not going to win the world championship if you have a second string engine, it's just not going to happen. Therefore, we have got to go through the pain and the learning curve to get a competitive engine.

“That is not a derogatory comment against Honda. Honda had the president of the company, the president of R&D, the president of the Honda motor company, all of these people are here totally committed. They understand what has to be done and of course they are resourcing, increasing resources and putting more money and effort into it, but we will get there.”

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/223549/...m_campaign=rss
    Ron is a fool, Alonso is wanting to be dismissed so he can get out of that three year contract. Mclaren will take years to get back to what they were and Alonso is too old to wait now.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    Ron is a fool, Alonso is wanting to be dismissed so he can get out of that three year contract. Mclaren will take years to get back to what they were and Alonso is too old to wait now.
    Yeah but where will Alonso go if not Mclaren?
    And Ron is definitely not a fool, the things he thinks and the things he says are totally different.

Might be off interest to peeps

https://mobile.twitter.com/fiftybuck...57196622823424

"Lewis?"
    "Sorry, I wasn't listening. I was too busy thinking about how much the British media will idolize me after this press conference and my blonde hair."

Sox on tablet dunno how to strip vid link
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

I have no idea why my reply is in the yellow box.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Yeah but where will Alonso go if not Mclaren?
    Alongside Maldonado.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Alongside Maldonado.
    You mean if Renault buys Lotus? He will still struggle in Renault as it will be their first year. So i don't see the point. It will take some years till they are competitive. Maybe you mean he would like to go to Renault so he can help them for old time sake?
    And if Renault buys Lotus i hope the first thing they do is sack Maldonado :D
    By the way i read that Alonso wants to make his radio private
    Last edited by Stormy; 27th September 2015 at 15:56.

You mean if Renault buys Lotus? He will still struggle in Renault as it will be their first year. So i don't see the point. It will take some years till they are competitive. Maybe you mean he would like to go to Renault so he can help them for old time sake?
    And if Renault buys Lotus i hope the first thing they do is sack Maldonado :D
    By the way i read that Alonso wants to make his radio private
    Well, he must be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know more.

I also heard read this: "No one should have any doubt that I have 3 years with McLaren and my career in F1 will end with this team, hopefully winning everything" - Fernando Alonso

I read that Rosberg was down on power at turn 1-2 compared to Hamilton.
    It's a bit funny how Mercedes always find a reason behind the lack of performance from their drivers, especially for their start issues.
    Last edited by erinha; 27th September 2015 at 16:43.

Nico Rosberg had less power than Lewis Hamilton at start of Japanese GP

Laurence Edmondson

Mercedes has revealed Nico Rosberg was down on power compared to team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the first two corners of the Japanese Grand Prix after his power unit overheated slightly.

Hamilton passed Rosberg in the first two corners after getting a better start from second on the grid. He made the move stick in the second corner as Rosberg had to take to the exit kerb and fell down the order to fourth.

"The initial get away was good for both cars but Nico had a little issue with a hotter power unit and when it kicked in after a couple of seconds, he didn't have the same power as Lewis," Mercedes boss Toto Wolff explained. "This is temperature related. There was a slight drop in power due to a temperature related issue. We don't know if it is down to the driver. It affected him from turn one and two." Wolff admitted Hamilton had to nurse the car at times in the race due to reliability fears.

"Lewis was managing the gap. For us that wasn't visible because the cars weren't shown, but we had some minor drama with the car, temperature related issues. Lewis flat-spotted his tyre and that caused massive vibration - when we took the tyre off the car it was flat-spotted, so that could have ended badly. We tweaked the power unit and the chassis a lot because we were seeing signs of reliability issues, which worried us a bit."

But Wolff had no problems with the way his drivers battled in the first two corners.

"I don't think it has anything to do with being soft or not, it is very difficult to race against your team-mate. We have seen some great overtaking afterwards against Bottas. It was a tricky situation for both because Lewis had understeer in the car and he ran out of track and two cars side by side through turn two is difficult anyway."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ese-grand-prix

Bad news people.

Hamilton's fastest lap was 1.36.145. And his next fastest lap was 1.7 sec slower. At the time Vettel was lapping 1.8 sec slower than Hamilton.
    And the next-best fastest lap of the race was a full second slower than Hamilton's by Rosberg. But there is only 2 tenths between Rosberg and Vettel. I was suspicious at the time that Rosberg also lacked pace compared to Hamilton and Vettel.... So, that might be good news

Laurence Edmondson

Mercedes has revealed Nico Rosberg was down on power compared to team-mate Lewis Hamilton in the first two corners of the Japanese Grand Prix after his power unit overheated slightly.

Hamilton passed Rosberg in the first two corners after getting a better start from second on the grid. He made the move stick in the second corner as Rosberg had to take to the exit kerb and fell down the order to fourth.

"The initial get away was good for both cars but Nico had a little issue with a hotter power unit and when it kicked in after a couple of seconds, he didn't have the same power as Lewis," Mercedes boss Toto Wolff explained. "This is temperature related. There was a slight drop in power due to a temperature related issue. We don't know if it is down to the driver. It affected him from turn one and two." Wolff admitted Hamilton had to nurse the car at times in the race due to reliability fears.

"Lewis was managing the gap. For us that wasn't visible because the cars weren't shown, but we had some minor drama with the car, temperature related issues. Lewis flat-spotted his tyre and that caused massive vibration - when we took the tyre off the car it was flat-spotted, so that could have ended badly. We tweaked the power unit and the chassis a lot because we were seeing signs of reliability issues, which worried us a bit."

But Wolff had no problems with the way his drivers battled in the first two corners.

"I don't think it has anything to do with being soft or not, it is very difficult to race against your team-mate. We have seen some great overtaking afterwards against Bottas. It was a tricky situation for both because Lewis had understeer in the car and he ran out of track and two cars side by side through turn two is difficult anyway."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ese-grand-prix
    I think its to do with the new start procedure that Rosbergs ot got the hang off.

Bad news people.

Hamilton's fastest lap was 1.36.145. And his next fastest lap was 1.7 sec slower. At the time Vettel was lapping 1.8 sec slower than Hamilton.
    And the next-best fastest lap of the race was a full second slower than Hamilton's by Rosberg. But there is only 2 tenths between Rosberg and Vettel. I was suspicious at the time that Rosberg also lacked pace compared to Hamilton and Vettel.... So, that might be good news
    The thing is that ,Ham said this also,ho use better the tires has the upper hand.In Singapore we use the tires perfectly and thats why we where so much faster then Mercs and Redbulls.Here Mercs especially Ham manage to use these tires in in a way that they can be 1.5-2 sec faster then anybody else!!!Probably in Soshi,although it's a fast track that suit Mercs,that we willl use the supersofts-softs,we will be much much closer!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Might be off interest to peeps

https://mobile.twitter.com/fiftybuck...57196622823424

Sox on tablet dunno how to strip vid link
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can tell it's an uneventful race when I see you once again quoting Alonso (and asking the very same question you've repeated many times) with the intention of bashing him

Guess there isn't much else to talk about.

Exactly. I saw someone tweeting to Sky complaining that they could not see Lewis on TV too.

The reality is that there's very little excitement at the front.
    YUP in Japan the only Honda Team is important and the action on track is best when you seee overtakes so you can guarantee there will be overtaking of those honda engines the cameras follow.