Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suzuka News

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    We weren't far off Mercedes in Monza qualy. Now that we have this qualy mode to our car, If we could nip them for pole and force them to run in dirty air again, it might cause them issues. Their car doesn't seem to do well in dirty air.
    exactly, it is really hard to follow someone, any team nowadays with this new Formula aerodynamics....but for some reason the Mercs seem to have even a HARDER time to follow someone's dirty air

but for some reason, some say taht it will be a WET and rainy weekend so far...so let's hope Seb will be the better driver in Quali and take pole and win easily
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

LH needs 2 more DNFs for Vettel to have a realistic chance. I guess wet races could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    LH needs 2 more DNFs for Vettel to have a realistic chance. I guess wet races could help.
    6 races to go, so he only need 8-9 points more than Lewis in every race, why is that not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    If a wet race red bull can give us some trouble. If it stays dry I think we might be able to split the mercs. Last year ALO started p5 and 1.2 sec off pole. Really want to find out how we stack up against them this year.

This weekend can't come any sooner

Funny thing is that after Mercs PU update in Monza they did get first DNF for a longtime in Singapore, that can easily continue.
    Was it also so, that Nico had to go back to that old engine in Monza, or how was it.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    If a wet race red bull can give us some trouble. If it stays dry I think we might be able to split the mercs. Last year ALO started p5 and 1.2 sec off pole. Really want to find out how we stack up against them this year.

This weekend can't come any sooner
    what was the tire allocation last year..........if it stay dry i think we will be 0.4-0.5 off pole

Yes, it was so, Nico could not drive with that new PU in Monza, so they have had problems with their new PU in both races.
    And no tokens left.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    what was the tire allocation last year..........if it stay dry i think we will be 0.4-0.5 off pole
    Same as this year Med/Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    6 races to go, so he only need 8-9 points more than Lewis in every race, why is that not realistic.
    When you put it in that way it is not unrealistic. But to make 8 to 9 points difference per race means that SV needs to win it and LH o finish each race 3rd or worse. This scenario is getting even complicated if SV does not win....

If the cars were roughly equal from this point forward or Mercedes reliability compensated for performance, it could happen. Vettel could win all the races and Hamilton would need to finish only once 5th or below.

Yep. Not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    If the cars were roughly equal from this point forward or Mercedes reliability compensated for performance, it could happen. Vettel could win all the races and Hamilton would need to finish only once 5th or below.

Yep. Not gonna happen.
    Plus rumoured 5th pu at an upcoming race or they waste 4 tokens so even if got pole would start 10th. Best to focus on beating Rosberg then hope for 2012 style luck for a championship chance.

Maybe Hamilton will also need a 5th engine. Maybe they will try to make do with 4 and it will blow up. You never know

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    Maybe Hamilton will also need a 5th engine. Maybe they will try to make do with 4 and it will blow up. You never know
    And since he he'll start near the back, Seb and Kimi will have enough time to build a large enough gap for him to close! And Rosberg will have to pull over for Lewis so a Ferrari 1,2?
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NenoX View Post
    We could be closer if it weren't for that tire blow out in SPA!
    If it wasn't for that tyre blow out then Merc most likely be more dominant due to no restrictions in tyre pressure, it's probably because of the new pressures the Mercs struggled in Singapore but they deny this We will find out in Japan if it is the pressures affecting their car

When Seb takes pole in Japan all we need is Bottas and Grosjean anywhere near the Mercs boys to give them hell fighting for a podium. Add in Massa fighting Bottas and Merc will hope for 7th & 9th pl. Oh!... And Kimi will be behind Seb holding back the enemys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    When Seb takes pole in Japan all we need is Bottas and Grosjean anywhere near the Mercs boys to give them hell fighting for a podium. Add in Massa fighting Bottas and Merc will hope for 7th & 9th pl. Oh!... And Kimi will be behind Seb holding back the enemys.
    Except SV taking pole, rest is preatty much impossible....

I will not wish engines blowing up for our competitors but Championship hopes would've looked different if double points were still there for Abu Dhabi

If we can earn a win for Seb in Suzuka, it doesn't matter where Lewis finishes, a WDC this year will become entirely possible. If Lewis doesn't score points it would be verging on realistic, and the smell from Stuttgart would be overpowering.

I've just checked weather for Suzuka...

Attachment 6507

just remember, 2007 Kimster turned it around and came back to win WDC.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Japanese Grand Prix - After Singapore: expectations in check!

The team is on an upward trend, but talks of World Title are wide of the mark

Maranello, 22 September – Sebastian Vettel’s win at the last Singapore Grand Prix, with Kimi Raikkonen joining him on the podium, has been a formidable boost to the team’s morale, and a proper reward to all the work the Scuderia has being doing so far. It was pretty obvious for the media to jump on the opportunity to talk about revamped chances to clinch the World Championship: but at the Scuderia, we have a different view, and all of us still keep our feet firmly on the ground.
    One thing we definitely learned from this season is that results not only depend on development work and great commitment from both the drivers and the team, but also on the nature of the tracks we race on. We knew that Singapore, with its tight corners calling for traction and braking stability, would match the characteristics of the SF15-T car. During the season the car has been improved and, if we were to race at Melbourne today, we would probably be two seconds a lap quicker than last March. But other teams are making progress too, and this weekend at Suzuka we start with a fresh page.

The Japanese track has features (not-so-hard braking, fast corners, harder tire compounds) which come closer to those of Silverstone and Barcelona, where our car had undoubtedly struggled more to match the pace of our main competitors. One thing is being aware that we have done a good job so far; another thing is thinking that we may easily close the gap between Seb and Lewis Hamilton in the Driver’s point standing, let alone the Constructors’ title fight.

The reality of facts is that we will probably have to face other race weekends which will be way more difficult that the one we’ve just left behind us. Of course, both drivers and team want to go for the best possible result every time; but that doesn’t automatically mean being capable of winning. Since the season began, the Scuderia has clinched three well-deserved wins, with Sebastian piling up more points than any other driver in the last few races, and Kimi back to the podium after doing very well in qualifying for the last two races. But we still have a long way to go, our approaching curve to Mercedes still being far from complete. And at Maranello, we’re all well aware of this. That’s why we still greatly respect our opponents and, far from being self-complacent, we keep our head down and work hard. Instead of chasing dreams, we pursue our own growth at every race weekend.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/japan...ter-singapore/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    just remember, 2007 Kimster turned it around and came back to win WDC.
    Yes he did. But...

In China, Lewis Hamilton won his 6th pole of the season and led up to lap 28 when he was overtaken by Kimi Räikkönen and he then spun off entering the pitlane. In final race Lewis Hamilton was the favourite with 107 points followed by Fernando Alonso on 103 points and Kimi Räikkönen on 100 points. Lewis Hamilton started 2nd but dropped to the back of the pack after a gearbox problem. He recovered to 7th but Kimi Räikkönen won the race and the championship. The final standings were Räikkönen on 110 points followed by Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso each on 109 points.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yes he did. But...

In China, Lewis Hamilton won his 6th pole of the season and led up to lap 28 when he was overtaken by Kimi Räikkönen and he then spun off entering the pitlane. In final race Lewis Hamilton was the favourite with 107 points followed by Fernando Alonso on 103 points and Kimi Räikkönen on 100 points. Lewis Hamilton started 2nd but dropped to the back of the pack after a gearbox problem. He recovered to 7th but Kimi Räikkönen won the race and the championship. The final standings were Räikkönen on 110 points followed by Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso each on 109 points.
    yes, anything is possible in F1, and alomost always happens. We just need everyone to have their lucky charms with them during last few races. I will not be washng the red socks i wore Sunday or my team top was wearing. Will also be drinking Moretti again.

But to be honest, round Suzuka, unless the tyre pressures have really hurt Merc, which i cannt see one moment, it will be busisness back as usuall for them and us. Cannt see Williams being to much of a threat, as need high/medium set up on DF, and we all know they have a low DF car already.

Japanese Grand Prix - After Singapore: expectations in check!

The team is on an upward trend, but talks of World Title are wide of the mark

Maranello, 22 September – Sebastian Vettel’s win at the last Singapore Grand Prix, with Kimi Raikkonen joining him on the podium, has been a formidable boost to the team’s morale, and a proper reward to all the work the Scuderia has being doing so far. It was pretty obvious for the media to jump on the opportunity to talk about revamped chances to clinch the World Championship: but at the Scuderia, we have a different view, and all of us still keep our feet firmly on the ground.
    One thing we definitely learned from this season is that results not only depend on development work and great commitment from both the drivers and the team, but also on the nature of the tracks we race on. We knew that Singapore, with its tight corners calling for traction and braking stability, would match the characteristics of the SF15-T car. During the season the car has been improved and, if we were to race at Melbourne today, we would probably be two seconds a lap quicker than last March. But other teams are making progress too, and this weekend at Suzuka we start with a fresh page.

The Japanese track has features (not-so-hard braking, fast corners, harder tire compounds) which come closer to those of Silverstone and Barcelona, where our car had undoubtedly struggled more to match the pace of our main competitors. One thing is being aware that we have done a good job so far; another thing is thinking that we may easily close the gap between Seb and Lewis Hamilton in the Driver’s point standing, let alone the Constructors’ title fight.

The reality of facts is that we will probably have to face other race weekends which will be way more difficult that the one we’ve just left behind us. Of course, both drivers and team want to go for the best possible result every time; but that doesn’t automatically mean being capable of winning. Since the season began, the Scuderia has clinched three well-deserved wins, with Sebastian piling up more points than any other driver in the last few races, and Kimi back to the podium after doing very well in qualifying for the last two races. But we still have a long way to go, our approaching curve to Mercedes still being far from complete. And at Maranello, we’re all well aware of this. That’s why we still greatly respect our opponents and, far from being self-complacent, we keep our head down and work hard. Instead of chasing dreams, we pursue our own growth at every race weekend.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/japan...er-singapore/?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Beside Mercs situation,to see if they have a real problem with the tires or not,i'm also looking forward to see how our pace gonna be because in Suzuka is rewarded both a very good PU and chassis.And in resent races we upgrade both!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

On behalf of everyone in Ferrari, I promise them this race is not just a one-off but a huge step forward..." - Sergio Marchionne

What Sergio Marchionne plans usually happens and is often exceeded. This is looking great for the Tifosi and ominous for all other teams.

He also mentions "...staying at the top and hearing the Italian national anthem played a lot more often" which sounds awesome to me

Interesting article as I thought Ferrari didn't bring any updates in Singapore

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...ttel-dominate/

Whatever the outcome at Suzuka, the winner should dedicate his victory to Jules. If it's a wet race, as it may well be, it will be hard to erase the memories of last year.

Hamilton: I’m not confident we will bounce back in Japan

World championship leader Lewis Hamilton was giving mixed messages this week in the wake of Mercedes’ mysterious slump during the Singapore Grand Prix weekend.

The otherwise-dominant German squad was suddenly slower not only than Ferrari but also Red Bull on the floodlit streets, and it doesn’t know why.

“Singapore was a strange weekend but I’m chilled about it,” Hamilton was quoted as saying in an official team press release on Wednesday.

“It’s been an incredible season so far and I’ve been around long enough now to accept that you can’t win them all. So it’s just a case of leaving that weekend in the past and moving on to the next one,” he added ahead of the Japanese grand prix.

However, free of the constraints of a press release, British newspapers have quoted a much more alarmed Hamilton as he eyes his diminished 49 point advantage over dominant Singapore winner Sebastian Vettel.
    Asked if he is confident Mercedes will bounce back in Japan, Hamilton said: “I don’t have any confidence. I don’t have any information to give me that confidence. I’m hoping it’s a one-off but it was a very, very strange weekend to say the least.”

In the official release, Mercedes chiefs Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe did not reveal a cause of the Singapore slump.

“The performance in Singapore was far below expectations and left us with plenty to think about moving forwards. But move forward is what we will do,” said Wolff.

And with just two days to go before practice starts at Suzuka, Lowe added: “We came away from the weekend with plenty to analyse to ensure we come back in better shape for the future.”

Hamilton, meanwhile, told the newspapers: “I told my engineers I would like some information about what they think it was. But there’s not a lot of time before the next race.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I've just checked weather for Suzuka...

Attachment 6507
    That's usually how it is with every race. Heavy rain expect for the weekend until it is two days away and then it's bright and sunny
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.