Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I didn't feel important at Ferrari anymore - Massa

Quote Originally Posted by vecchiasignora View Post
    Massa confirms what we already knew, Alonso left mclaren to a weaker team because he didn't want a competing driver ( hamilton) next to him.
    Make no mistake about it, he left us to honda for same reason...once he knew his word was going to be equal with vettel. He left us for the weaker side.
    Actually Vettel wouldn't have come if Alonso wanted to stay.

Lol, our patience run out with him. We treated him like a king here, gave him all the keys to the team. To the expense of we were a car suited to one driver.. we developed and put all our resources on him. We wasted years on him...

If we gave same treatment to kimi, massa or vettel during those 5 years. at least one title was guaranteed.

Alonso is not Schumacher level, will never be.. he never deserved what we gave him.
    Funny. No one complained about Alonso until he got fed up and left. Sounds like a case of sour grapes and hurt pride to me.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Good thing we axed him. Now we're winning both championships. Oh... Wait...
    If Ferrari were cold hearted they would have replaced him the moment he had his accident. Don't make out we threw him out early, because he was given every chance to get back to form and as he has shown on this article he could not be kept on any longer. I am happy for him he is doing well now, but I was relieved when he did go as the chemistry was no longer right, just the same when Alonso left.

Wasn't there "commercial" reasons behind Ferrari keeping Massa longer than people expected...? Well, actually, I don't think there were that many drivers around better than him, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Might be a good idea if a driver signs up to race for free. Better yet, base salary all on performance... wins, podiums etc. Keep them motivated.
    Yeah, great idea. Alonso getting less money than a 17 year old.
    Vous resterez toujours en nos coeurs, Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    If Ferrari were cold hearted they would have replaced him the moment he had his accident. Don't make out we threw him out early, because he was given every chance to get back to form and as he has shown on this article he could not be kept on any longer. I am happy for him he is doing well now, but I was relieved when he did go as the chemistry was no longer right, just the same when Alonso left.
    My post was more of a criticism of the fans who would complain about him after every single race, regardless of how well he did. The fact that his replacement was shelled by Alonso far worse than Massa was doesn't help matters either.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Nomore View Post
    A great driver and a nice guy. Felipe (apart from a Ferrari driver) was really a Ferrari fan. Unfortunately in the post 2010 era he drove uncompetitive cars and saw the podium every few times, plus he was paired with the very best driver of his generation.
    Now with a normal one (which many regard as great) he is doing very well.

Come to Ferrari Felipe :)
    Fernando Alonso and I stress that, is not the best driver of his generation. He simply hasn't got the stats to back it up. We as bystanders have no real clue what the pecking order is and how it is established. But what we do know is history.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Fernando Alonso and I stress that, is not the best driver of his generation.
    Go back and watch the 2012 season.

Disappointed Since 2010

When I said this guy is a cancer, i was laughed at... Alonso is a cancer.
    oh shoot. We thought you said you were the cancer and were laughing in agreement!
    Enough with your hate posts dude. Its tiring.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Go back and watch the 2012 season.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    oh shoot. We thought you said you were the cancer and were laughing in agreement!
    Enough with your hate posts dude. Its tiring.
    +100
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio