Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: SF-15T Development and news Thead, part2 Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Couldnt agree more.
    No team wins without cheating a bit. RBR did it before merc, and we did it before RBR. I dont see the point of crying foul.
    True that.
    The one who will find the best loophole in the rules will have the best performing car.

I would not call it cheating unless they are fined or banned from doing it, I call it they are innovative and they think more than others do.

seems Ferrari brought here some small aero update.
    2 fins located on the rear impact structure. kind of like Mercedes has

Attachment 6476Attachment 6477Attachment 6478
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    seems Ferrari brought here some small aero update.
    2 fins located on the rear impact structure. kind of like Mercedes has

Attachment 6476Attachment 6477Attachment 6478
    Looks like there is a new vent added along the top of the rear impact structure with opening right above the lights at the back end, in addition to the two small winglets that sprouted on the sides.

pic1.jpg

New floor :

Ferrari SF15-T - rear floor modifications

Ferrari were on their A game in Singapore, taking pole position and victory with a car featuring a very effective and obvious update. The area in front of the rear tyres is a crucial focal point for all teams this year as they look to improve rear-end aerodynamics, and in the last few races we have seen many different solutions.

For the Marina Bay race Ferrari multiplied the slots in the floor (highlighted in yellow), from three to nine. In addition they added two fins (red arrow) on the sides of the deformable rear crash structure, as Mercedes did in Spain. The car, with its strong rear end, is much more to Sebastian Vettel’s liking now, hence the improved performance.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Interesting read about the new floor:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...ttel-dominate/

Knowing that Kimi like a car with a stronger front end, and reasoning that a car with reduced oversteer may have more understeer, could this explain why Kimi said he was unhappy with the car in Singapore?

I would love to be wrong, but I doubt the floor change played that much of a role in the outcome in Singapore. I'm sure it did improve the car, but such a small change is not going to transform the behavior of the car. Ferrari have tried at least 4 combinations of floor slots and turning vanes in the rear tyre area this season, with this update being another step in the development of that solution.

Maybe aerotunnel working properly finally

i doubt we bought one part that made us so much faster. that would not explain RB also being so much faster.
    we're number one

I know we’ve had some updates to the floor, but to all of a sudden to have that much of an advantage over Mercedes, more than a second??? It’s kind of hard to believe…although I’d take it for sure if it were to be our true pace over them from now on.

Sebastian’s pole time of 1:43.885 was almost 2 seconds FASTER than Lewis’s time from last year.

Also Lewis’s time this year of 1:45.300 was only THREE tenths quicker than last year’s pole lap of 1:45.681

So while we gained MEGA seconds compared to last year, they’ve only gained THREE TENTHS??? I don’t buy that…it’s gotta be something else STINKY here that Mercedes are NOT admitting to.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Suzuka GP: Ferrari largely upholds the Singapore package

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2015...a-in-gran.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Knowing that Kimi like a car with a stronger front end, and reasoning that a car with reduced oversteer may have more understeer, could this explain why Kimi said he was unhappy with the car in Singapore?

Suzuka GP:

Attached Images Attached Images

Friday :

and this:

I know we’ve had some updates to the floor, but to all of a sudden to have that much of an advantage over Mercedes, more than a second??? It’s kind of hard to believe…although I’d take it for sure if it were to be our true pace over them from now on.

Sebastian’s pole time of 1:43.885 was almost 2 seconds FASTER than Lewis’s time from last year.

Also Lewis’s time this year of 1:45.300 was only THREE tenths quicker than last year’s pole lap of 1:45.681

So while we gained MEGA seconds compared to last year, they’ve only gained THREE TENTHS??? I don’t buy that…it’s gotta be something else STINKY here that Mercedes are NOT admitting to.
    Even the seemingly smallest differences can make real gains. But I don't think those could really explain gaining 2 seconds over Mercedes in Singapore. Though tbh we don't see much from outside...

Otoh, at a track like Singapore you don't need top speed, but you need downforce. Normally you need to work hard to gain downforce without causing too much drag. It is called "aerodynamic efficiency". It is directly proportional to straight line speed. But since they don't care about straight line speed in Singapore, they can use a less efficient way to generate the downforce and get away with it. Also, if you remember they used a new floor. That is one of the most important parts to create downforce efficiently. That could explain why we looked as good as we were compared to Red Bull (monsters of downforce).
    But of course, if Red Bull have the same PU ....

Ferrari: the brake duct works in synergy with the bib
    On SF15-T confirmed the bottom which allowed a significant increase in load in Singapore

The Ferrari has confirmed the aerodynamic package which led to Singapore: even at Suzuka is used the bottom with eight slots lapping the outer edge and the more traditional one place in front of the rear wheel. Reappears in the photo Effe Tech 1 also the rear brake duct to the foot with a curved flap that works in synergy with the vertical bib that is no longer just a separator flows, but again has a function effectively in directing streams working in proximity of the wheel to reduce the effect disrupted.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/660...con-la-bavetta
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Gjoko, Rob, Great photos ! Thank you, Thank you ! Tech. wise, I wish I knew what I was looking at !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Gjoko, Rob, Great photos ! Thank you, Thank you ! Tech. wise, I wish I knew what I was looking at !
    I look only red colour body work n prancing horse .... Obviously Ferrari

According to F1today Speed Week reports that Ferrari will use their last 4 tokens @ Austin!

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    According to F1today Speed Week reports that Ferrari will use their last 4 tokens @ Austin!
    awesome, cannot wait and see what power GAIN we'll get from this update...hopefully a LOT closer to the Mercs

the bummer will be that we'll have to take 10 place grid penalty....but if it makes US that much faster and possibly quali on POLE, we should be cutting through the field much easier....i know, i know dreaming is good, but that's all we can do at this very moment....

awesome, cannot wait and see what power GAIN we'll get from this update...hopefully a LOT closer to the Mercs

the bummer will be that we'll have to take 10 place grid penalty....but if it makes US that much faster and possibly quali on POLE, we should be cutting through the field much easier....i know, i know dreaming is good, but that's all we can do at this very moment....
    We still don't know where the tokens will be used so there could be no grid penalty at all or a greater one.
    At Singapore the situation was:

Ferrari
    Sebastian Vettel
    ICE: 4, TC: 4, MGU-H: 4, MGU-K: 3, ES: 3, CE: 3
    Kimi Raikkonen
    ICE: 4, TC: 4, MGU-H: 4, MGU-K: 3, ES: 3, CE: 3

Don't know if anything was changed at Suzuka

Ferrari's progress against Mercedes will be 'limited' until 2016

Kimi Raikkonen says Ferrari is aware of its 2015 Formula 1 car's weaknesses but is limited on what it can do to solve them in the remaining grands prix.

Ferrari secured its third win and first double podium of the season in Singapore, but normal service resumed in Japan last weekend as Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg gave Mercedes a one-two.

The Scuderia was second best, with Sebastian Vettel taking the final spot on the podium and Raikkonen recovering from sixth after an "average" lap in qualifying to finish fourth.

With all teams now focusing more heavily on 2016 development, Raikkonen admitted Ferrari's pursuit of Mercedes this term will be hampered.

"We know where the weaknesses are but there are limited things we can do at this time of year," said Raikkonen.

"Sure we'll keep improving and next year we'll be in a better shape.

"We're second best. We keep doing progress, we're doing the right things and we must keep improving."

Suzuka was the first true high downforce track since Silverstone in July and Raikkonen said the result showed how much progress the team has made.

"I don't think this [Suzuka] is exactly what fits us the best right now, but it's similar to Silverstone," he said.

"We were quite competitive, quite happy in the end.

"Certain circuits are slightly more tricky depending on the layout.

"It shouldn't be our favourite place, but it shows we are doing the right things."

ARRIVABENE: FERRARI STILL GAINING

Team principal Maurizio Arrivabene agreed Suzuka showed Ferrari had actually gained ground on Mercedes, despite being defeated.

"When you are not winning, of course you are disappointed. This is normal," he said.

"But the right comparison is not with Singapore, it's with Silverstone.

"If you look at the gap we had to Mercedes at Silverstone and the gap at Suzuka, it's smaller.

"And as I've said many times, certain tracks like Suzuka are not tracks that are good for our car.

"Of course after Monza [where Ferrari introduced an upgraded power unit], the engine helps a lot, but as you know the car is more or less the same.

"So I'm very proud of the work of all our engineers, of all our team, and in particular the engine department."

Third place means Vettel has now fallen 59 points behind Hamilton, with only 125 remaining from the final five grands prix.

Asked aout Vettel's title hopes, Arrivabene said: "It's like asking about winning the lottery and becoming a millionaire.

"To win the lottery you need to be lucky, so if we are lucky, yes! But we need to be really lucky."
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Glad we are more competitive but looking at the pix, that car needs more RED...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Glad we are more competitive but looking at the pix, that car needs more RED...
    Couldn't agree more about the color! Ferrari is RED not red, white and BLACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Couldn't agree more about the color! Ferrari is RED not red, white and BLACK!!!!
    70's cars had a lot of white on but I liked 80's to mid 90's red,black wings gold wheels...but the red being the 2007 red from Monaco onwards.

Marchionne said also Ferrari know where all weaknesses are but no time to change so next year they should have a very good package. 1 more win this year would be awesome but even if not 3 wins is out of this world compared to last year.