Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617

Thread: 2015 Canadian Free Practice & Qualifying Thread

WRm and over cast sitting at the hair pin

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    WRm and over cast sitting at the hair pin
    Thanks

I'm lost regarding the strategy this weekend. One stop, two stops? Will Seb start on the softs and go as long as it's possible? Will Kimi pit later than the Mercs? I have no clue whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I'm lost regarding the strategy this weekend. One stop, two stops? Will Seb start on the softs and go as long as it's possible? Will Kimi pit later than the Mercs? I have no clue whatsoever.
    I think that planning a one stop is stupid.. it gives no room for flexibility with safety car etc..
    I think everything will depend on how things go in the race..

For Kimi: he needs to defend from Bottas and Lotus and try to fight Mercs. Letting him out to try a one stop is stupid since it can really cost us. He needs to push and try and follow or overtake Mercs and then we'll see how tyres behave. What we can try is perhaps SS S SS but I'm not sure how much benefit there will be in SS to S.

For Seb, I think he needs an agressive strategy with as less traffic as possible, so definitly not a one stop.. I think he's to far back for that.. However I expect Force India to try that..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

It looks like we might have a bit more pace than Williams and lotus. Its Hamilton getting away is what I'm worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    It looks like we might have a bit more pace than Williams and lotus. Its Hamilton getting away is what I'm worried about.
    Indeed, he can't be leading, unless Kimi is right behind him..
    It's a very short run to T1.
    I hope Kimi can get ROS or ROS gets HAM, and obviously I hope no crashes with our drivers involved.. With such a mixed up grid, everything is possible..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I bet you on this! Agree?
    I knew you would say this. What if they are able to win the championship? I am not going to bet, maybe we will win, maybe we will loose, we dont know. Yes, you get to develop this car, so, why not just use this season as a Test Session? Like you guys said, sitting in the factory and doing nothing right? You are already here, and we are only 1 race win and 3 points behind in the Drivers Championship. So, why give up? Why not try, if you have this attitude, then you would loose already. You can bet, I am not a betting man, I am about giving everything we got. Sure, you develop the car and all that, but if you are not that far off, then why not fight.
    Also, dont say that sitting at the factory doing nothing, those people at the factory work as hard or harder than anyone. Some people live in the factory, 2, 3, 4 days at a time to get things done. Please, dont say that doing nothing and sitting in a factory. I work as an engineer, I know how it is, everyone gives 110%. Some people even dont go home, F1 is the love of their life, their passion. If you tell them, just concentrate on next year, dont try to win this year, they will be very angry at you, even a slap in the face.

They tell you its not a championship season because it takes away the pressure from the whole team and give a diluted goal for shareholders so they dont put too much pressure. But, I am sure as the season started, and it is going well, they probably think, we have a chance to win, slim chance, but a chance all the same. You go on, just give up, but I would fight, like Michael did, like Senna did, like Alonso did, like Gill Villeneuve did, like Vettel did/does. We are underdogs for sure, we may not win, but we are close, we should fight, not just give up.