Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: 2015 Monaco Race Thread

....Lets see.....I'm gonna give this a bash.

To all you petrol heads out there........Should the Monaco GP remain on the calendar ?........And what makes you like or dislike this GP ?.....
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post

To all you petrol heads out there........Should the Monaco GP remain on the calendar ?........And what makes you like or dislike this GP ?.....
    It should.
    It isn't made to race these cars, and the races are most of the time boring. That would be the only argument to get rid of it..
    However, the history and the glamour from Monaco, I think F1 needs it and it would be a big loss..
    Obviously we want racing and not history and glamour.
    But, Barcelona was also a very very boring race so... I think we need to improve racing in F1, and the solution is not to dump the Monaco GP.
    Also, the drivers love this track, which isn't the case with a lot of new circuits
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    It should.
    It isn't made to race these cars, and the races are most of the time boring. That would be the only argument to get rid of it..
    However, the history and the glamour from Monaco, I think F1 needs it and it would be a big loss..
    Obviously we want racing and not history and glamour.
    But, Barcelona was also a very very boring race so... I think we need to improve racing in F1, and the solution is not to dump the Monaco GP.
    Also, the drivers love this track, which isn't the case with a lot of new circuits

I like your points above, Think you've nailed it to a large extend.

Whilst i can only remember a handful of exciting monaco gp's, i'm also of the opinion that something has to be done about these modern F1 cars.

But we all know what Monaco brings us.......and yes, some gp's have been rather boring. But for me, its a test of the driver and his ability to not make an inch of a mistake otherwise he's in the barriers.

The glamour of monaco will always be there, But how does f1 give us an exciting monaco gp if these cars are so closely matched and overtaking is near impossible on this track ?.........Or do we all just hope for a bit of rain when it comes to this race ?

I like your points above, Think you've nailed it to a large extend.

Whilst i can only remember a handful of exciting monaco gp's, i'm also of the opinion that something has to be done about these modern F1 cars.

But we all know what Monaco brings us.......and yes, some gp's have been rather boring. But for me, its a test of the driver and his ability to not make an inch of a mistake otherwise he's in the barriers.

The glamour of monaco will always be there, But how does f1 give us an exciting monaco gp if these cars are so closely matched and overtaking is near impossible on this track ?.........Or do we all just hope for a bit of rain when it comes to this race ?
    I think Monaco is exciting in the way that, like you said, there is really no room for error. The racing isn't that great, but there are a lot of other tracks were the racing also isn't great and there is room for error..
    I think the Aero of modern cars should be looked at to try and find a way to facilitate overtaking..
    We are much faster than Williams, however, we can't overtake them so...
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Ha ha, you're a real cut-up. Nobody hates Lewis, sparky, it's his doofus fanboys, who for some reason outnumber the Seb and Kimi fans around here, who are disliked.
    If it bothers you that much then don't visit other fans are actually allowed here. And IF he is a Lewis fan then off course 1 Lewis fan = outnumbering Seb and Kimi fans LOL get real already.
    Forza Ferrari

It should remain on the calendar but no points should be awarded, just cups.

Monaco should remain on the calendar, but it would be cool if they would make it to be some kind of special against the clock event.
    Each driver would drive x amount of laps alone in the track. That's maybe unrealistic, but it would be more exciting than watching a line of cars following each other 78 laps.

It must remain on the calendar so the general public can recognize the sport. Whenever people in the USA hear the words "Formula One," if they are even familiar with it, they will think "Monaco."
    Also, it is the race that got me interested in F1!
    However it is so dull because everything is based on strategy and the occasional crash. I like Singapore much better than Monaco but can see why F1 needs it.

Off topic but here is a link to a very important website:
    http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com
    I don't know who made it but whoever did must be a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    I think Monaco is exciting in the way that, like you said, there is really no room for error. The racing isn't that great, but there are a lot of other tracks were the racing also isn't great and there is room for error..
    I think the Aero of modern cars should be looked at to try and find a way to facilitate overtaking..
    We are much faster than Williams, however, we can't overtake them so...
    Maybe, Just maybe they should consider different tyre compounds for this race. Like all teams will be allowed to choose whatever tyre best suits their car : eg, super softs, mediums or hards........They can change as many times as they need to. Then also have re-fueling.......Now if this happens, a couple of things could come into play, Like track position, what tyre deg does your competitor have, can we beat him........the list goes on.......*its a wild one, but maybe something to chew on hey ??

Here's another thought : How about we change direction of the race, One year it's clockwise, and the following year it's ani-clock.......obviously the track will have to be changed a bit........But could it make it interesting ?? * Just a thought tho

Maybe, Just maybe they should consider different tyre compounds for this race. Like all teams will be allowed to choose whatever tyre best suits their car : eg, super softs, mediums or hards........They can change as many times as they need to. Then also have re-fueling.......Now if this happens, a couple of things could come into play, Like track position, what tyre deg does your competitor have, can we beat him........the list goes on.......*its a wild one, but maybe something to chew on hey ??

Here's another thought : How about we change direction of the race, One year it's clockwise, and the following year it's ani-clock.......obviously the track will have to be changed a bit........But could it make it interesting ?? * Just a thought tho
    Tyre compounds won't make a difference.. there's no point in choosing hards or mediums, they simply will not work on this track..
    With refuelling: for sure there will be more differences in pit stops times and therefore more position switches with the pit stops, the question is: do we consider that as proper racing?
    Monaco will never be a track with real racing on in F1, very hard to overtake, to much differences in the cars, difficult Aero, it's not something that is going to change..
    We can better focus on making the other races more interesting I think

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Go peddle your race-baiting elsewhere.

You are talking trash as usual, i am sure you will reach worst if similar r things are done to you. There re so many average drivers on the grid and all all do is start callinf Lewis names. I did not start the comment on lewis some person who hates lewis started it becuase they can't stand him fpr who he is. I see past who people are and thst we are all with different shade of skin but all act similarly when things we feel is ours his taking away. Because i support ferrari does not mean i have to be anti lewis. Thst is where i am beyter than you.
    .lweis is a good man, and i won't jugde him by his dressing.

Wolff: "Hamilton said staying out 'not good' "

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/219274/...-not-good.html
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    You are talking trash as usual, i am sure you will reach worst if similar r things are done to you. There re so many average drivers on the grid and all all do is start callinf Lewis names. I did not start the comment on lewis some person who hates lewis started it becuase they can't stand him fpr who he is. I see past who people are and thst we are all with different shade of skin but all act similarly when things we feel is ours his taking away. Because i support ferrari does not mean i have to be anti lewis. Thst is where i am beyter than you.
    please stop with your trolling its not even funny anymore
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    I didn't bother to read what you wrote because it's illiterate.

Disappointed Since 2010

I'm sure I clicked "Monaco race thread" but

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Wolff: "Hamilton said staying out 'not good' "

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/219274/...-not-good.html
    I read this before. It is true that the Mercedes and Hamilton have taken the decision together to ruin his race. The good piece of news for us is it gives Seb the chance to win 2nd position! After he had to keep the position with Lewis in the fast tires and faster car behind him. It is so hard to pass in Monaco sometimes, but Sainz is passing and Verstapen is passing. So yes, it can happen. But Seb was doing a wonderful job blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I'm sure I clicked "Monaco race thread" but
    Come on now, you have to believe Lewis , Nico , Seb are the main topic of the Monaco race. You can throw in a crash and Alonso's latest DNF but these 3 gave us F1 fans something to watch and talk about. Oh and Felipe Nasar in the points !

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    Off topic but here is a link to a very important website:
    http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com
    I don't know who made it but whoever did must be a genius.
    Hilarious...

there should also be a crashjean site...

By Joschelito

Not bad traction with tires

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Not bad traction with tires
    Indeed, I was amased with our pace in Monaco, we could match Nico easily..
    And Lewis indeed had a gap but Nico and Seb also lost more due to traffic..
    There would be no point for Nico to go slower and keep Seb so close, since Seb could have overtaken him with the undercut..

I'm happy with the pace we've shown in Monaco.. Hopefully we can translate some of that to Canada