Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Monaco Race Thread

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! There is a Merc forum where you can cry about Louise

Well this was a really depressing race for me... it seemed like Mercedes were concealing their race pace until the end. The minute Rosberg took 1st place with the safety car, he pulled out a 3 second lead in 2 laps... they have too much pace... I really hope the team has something in reserve because I'm not too confident right now of a mid season change of form...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Well this was a really depressing race for me... it seemed like Mercedes were concealing their race pace until the end. The minute Rosberg took 1st place with the safety car, he pulled out a 3 second lead in 2 laps... they have too much pace... I really hope the team has something in reserve because I'm not too confident right now of a mid season change of form...
    Merc are trying to make things seem closer than they are. Seems like anytime their hand is forced they are suddenly much quicker than they seemed before.

Mercedes need to extract only the necessary amount of performance out of their cars - anything more would be silly considering the limited number of engines.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Gud Job! We Capitalized on the opportunity. Less Said about Kimi, Found him wanting to overcome the traffic.

Mercedes is making F1 a farce, making us believe that its very close. Fans will understand as time goes n viewer ship will drop.
    Last edited by karvyin12; 24th May 2015 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Mercedes need to extract only the necessary amount of performance out of their cars - anything more would be silly considering the limited number of engines.
    It's more than that... they appear to be racing even below their tolerances just to avoid further rule changes... the way Rosberg pulled away from Vettel suggests they are on another planet still...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It's more than that... they appear to be racing even below their tolerances just to avoid further rule changes... the way Rosberg pulled away from Vettel suggests they are on another planet still...
    They are very quick, reliable and gentle enough on the tyres. I get the feeling Ferrari will be closer in -16 and hopefully catch them in -17

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Alonso 5 secs with position ahead, Ricciardo no furher action...problem Charlie?

Different measures for the similar mistake! Age is Catching up for Charlie!

Lets say Bernie asked Merc for not letting Louise win, just to let the championship open. Louise understand this, its for the show. We cant expect such a naive Decision from Merc!!!

They simply got heat into the tyres much faster after the SC. But during the race the gap between Vettel and Rosberg was surprisingly small.

Rosberg pulled 2 seconds on new softs as well...Thinking he wouldnt speed it up to catch Ham is laughable. They can drive for 2-3 laps in quali mode but thats that. In clear air, with colder tires they can heat up extremely quick, we simply cant catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! There is a Merc forum where you can cry about Louise

Once the tyres were up to temperature there was hardly and difference between them.
    Forever Ferrari

Next race Mercedes will use new power unit. We do not know if they will use some tokens.
    From Ferrari we have not heard an oficial statement about Canadian PU, but it makes sence to use a new PU there as Canada and Austria are both engine tracks.

Arrivabene said today no token usage in canada. Merc probably will have new spec PU.

First it was Spain for a new PU then Canada........

Grats to Button for the team's first points this year.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Rosberg pulled 2 seconds on new softs as well...Thinking he wouldnt speed it up to catch Ham is laughable. They can drive for 2-3 laps in quali mode but thats that. In clear air, with colder tires they can heat up extremely quick, we simply cant catch them.
    i think Seb focused 100% on hamilton. Its not easy to drive around monaco look all the time in mirrors. If Seb was in clean air and rosberg under threat from lewis he would pull away from rosberg

I think we should consider how tough the situation for Seb was when the Safety Car went back in.
    All of a sudden behind Vettel instead of a Red Bull on old Soft tyres he had Hamilton in a Mercedes on Super Soft tyres with 10 laps worth of fuel.That is a car capable of 1.16.00 second laps.
    Vettel had to let Rosberg go and defend his position with a car that would take 2 or 3 more laps to get the tyres to work.
    Our driver did a great job,and on the Super Soft the Ferrari was keeping up well with Rosberg.

I loved it when Vettel realised Hamilton was coming out the pits up the hill and Vettel just squirted the throttle to beat him to the safety car line.(1:00 minute on the video)

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-the-monaco-gp

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    I loved it when Vettel realised Hamilton was coming out the pits up the hill and Vettel just squirted the throttle to beat him to the safety car line.(1:00 minute on the video)

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-the-monaco-gp
    Vettel - "I was pretty confident that I was just ahead (of Hamilton) – thanks for the design office for the long nose, it helped today."

Good race for Seb, ...... What a mistake for,the Mercs

Who says Monaco is boring? Sebastian is continuing to win me over. What a fantastic drive. I'm baffled by all of the crying over the Hamilton-Rosberg switcheroo. Yeah, Hamilton was clearly faster over the first 68 laps, but it was a mistake that worked out in Sebastian's favor. If you're not rejoicing, you're not a Ferrari fan. Save the "I'm a fan of the sport" lines. Rosberg won fair and square through a blunder.

Disappointed Since 2010

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Vettel - "I was pretty confident that I was just ahead (of Hamilton) – thanks for the design office for the long nose, it helped today."
    Haha awesome :)

Considering how far ahead the Mercedes is and it is still ahead by about on average 3 tenths, I think it is a miracle that Seb is only 28 points behind Lewis.

Seb did a great job in those last few laps. Especially straight after the safety car. Lewis' car was capable of going 2-3 seconds quicker than Seb's after the safety car due to the tyre issues. That is a big speed difference.
    Forever Ferrari

This was obviously a mistake on Mercedes' part but all the Hamilton fans dethroning Nico and calling HIM a cheat are complete idiots. I blame Mercedes for Hamilton not winning NOT Nico.
    On the other hand (more important IMO) the stewards should've obviously handed Ricciardo a penalty. Alonso and Hulkenberg's accident was kind of hairy but Ricciardo blatantly pushed Kimi into the barrier (which he fantastically avoided!). Stewards must've been too excited about the last 5 laps (out of a very boring race) to actually look at the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerKing View Post
    This was obviously a mistake on Mercedes' part but all the Hamilton fans dethroning Nico and calling HIM a cheat are complete idiots. I blame Mercedes for Hamilton not winning NOT Nico..

Do you know, I read a lot of different F1 forums, and I've not seen a single poster call Nico a cheat, whether hamilton fans or other fans. The worst I have heard is that they thought his celebrations at bit OTT.

If I were Hamilton in that position and anyone said one word about pitting, I would ask if the team all passed their drug tests and drive right on by the pit entrance.

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

A number of other drivers pitted in the same situation as Hamilton, including Ricciardo, Perez, and Button, and it worked out fine for all of them. So it wasn't actually the epically stupid decision many are making it out to be. Sometimes in sports, as in life, stuff happens. Sports fans (a category of people sharply distinct from fan boys) understand this.