Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton : Italian fans now stop me and say "come to Ferrari"!!

I'm on the fence about this one. Just like many other people on here I'm not a fan of Ham's antics and behaviour outside of F1, but he is undoubtedly one of the best and fastest drivers in F1, so if he would come to Ferrari and deliver the results then I suppose I would be okay with it. If he could just tone down that rapper image a bit, that'd be really nice. As a Ferrari fan I always want only what's best for the team and having such a fast and talented driver driving for us would definitely be good for the team, so in that sense I'd gladly see him joining Ferrari, but on the other hand, his behaviour outside the F1 and that whole gangsta rapper image makes me cringe. Ehh, I'll just leave the decision making to the team, if they decide to hire Ham then I'm okay with it. But at the moment it's not even that important of an issue. Right now all my attention is focused only on Seb and Kimi and the rest of my team.
    Last edited by Nero Horse; 11th March 2015 at 22:33.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Apart from his personality, the other irritating thing about HAM is his fan club. Look up "fan boys" in the dictionary and there's a picture of a Lewis supporter.

The curious thing about fan boys is that, not content with lavishing absurdly over-the-top praise on their idols, they also feel the compulsion to tear down and belittle other drivers. It's not an attractive combination of character traits. The HAM fans add to this a huge persecution complex. Any time ... literally, ANY TIME ... things are not going well for him their first instinct is to accuse powerful and shadowy forces (his own team, the FIA, "the man") of being out to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    Apart from his personality, the other irritating thing about HAM is his fan club. Look up "fan boys" in the dictionary and there's a picture of a Lewis supporter.

The curious thing about fan boys is that, not content with lavishing absurdly over-the-top praise on their idols, they also feel the compulsion to tear down and belittle other drivers. It's not an attractive combination of character traits. The HAM fans add to this a huge persecution complex. Any time ... literally, ANY TIME ... things are not going well for him their first instinct is to accuse powerful and shadowy forces (his own team, the FIA, "the man") of being out to get him.

You've just described quite a few people in this thread. Its always funny when fanboys complain about other fanboys, usually in total innocence that they are some how better, when from the outside they are just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Soon notta sillätavalla notta täällähän ovatten jotkut näistä voorumin väjestä sellaasta mieltä notta ei ole härmälääsellä mestarismiehellä mitään virkaa. Ja kun tämä kerran on tällä viisin niin on perskeles turhaa heitin päätä koittaa kääntää.
    You put some challenge to google translator huh . Vuan tottuushan tuo tiällä tuntuupi oleman. That seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Fan of team/driver is not really related to what I am saying. It is obvious.

Winning title is important but it is the least thing that a driver can achieve. From my point of view, Winning people heart is the most prestigious achievement that a driver can do and I have found it in Fernando Alonso.

In Ferrari case in my honest opinion there shouldn't be any difference for example between Gilles Villeneuve or Felipe Massa with zero Ferrari championship and Michael Schumacher with 5 Ferrari championships.
    Well said AfterLife.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post

Not really exclusive to Lewis fans though is it.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for people that mainly supports Ferrari because of a driver. I understand it, but nevertheless.
    I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about a other drivers all way through until they wear the red colour where they suddenly turn from black into white swan just only because of the colour of the overall and the car they are driving and not by the driving itself ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    right, as it is the same everywhere around: you will find it at soccer, skiing, politics, religion ... you have the die-hard fanatics, those who have an clear opinion but are also open minded to listen to others and those who are just swimming the easy way
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about a other drivers all way through until they wear the red colour where they suddenly turn from black into white swan just only because of the colour of the overall and the car they are driving and not by the driving itself ...
    lol.. nailed it!
    Silently, like a shadow

Too true!!

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    Fan of team/driver is not really related to what I am saying. It is obvious.

Winning title is important but it is the least thing that a driver can achieve. From my point of view, Winning people heart is the most prestigious achievement that a driver can do and I have found it in Fernando Alonso.

In Ferrari case in my honest opinion there shouldn't be any difference for example between Gilles Villeneuve or Felipe Massa with zero Ferrari championship and Michael Schumacher with 5 Ferrari championships.
    It does matter so much because in the history you have maybe 5 drivers with no titles and they are still very famous because they have so much talent and loved by fans. But all 32 champions are remembered in the news pieces and 2 championships you get more mentions and 3 more mentions and 4 even more mentions and 5 still more. And 7 you always get the mentions. It is hard to say that it is not very important because that is why they are racing and building cars, to win.

But I also agree it is important to the fans to find drivers they can have a feeling for as you do with Fernando and I do with Kimi and Seb and others too.

I can say Lewis is a good driver and I don't care if he goes to Ferrari. But I don't like that he is saying it now at the start of the season because he is talking about how he can have Kimi's job. So I am angry at him for saying these things right now for his own purposes when my driver is still in the team and I am hoping he does very well and stays with the team another year too. These are not nice words to hear from Hamilton for how much all of Italy loves him and he is ask to drive already in 2016. I don't care.

Everybody has expressed who is their favorite Ferrari driver.

Now let me ask you... Who's your less favorite Ferrari driver of all time?

He's fast, he's reliable, always puts in the effort, I'd have him at Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFanBoii View Post
    He's fast, he's reliable, always puts in the effort, I'd have him at Ferrari
    He is fast and I would say he puts in the effort but no he is not reliable. Where as Jenson Button might not be as quick over one lap but he is more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    He is fast and I would say he puts in the effort but no he is not reliable. Where as Jenson Button might not be as quick over one lap but he is more reliable.
    Because the car broke down on Hamilton that is his fault?
    lol Jenson Button seriously? Anyone can be reliable if you give them a great car of if you give them a crap car and they dont know how to push it.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by wickedf1 View Post
    So I am angry at him for saying these things right now for his own purposes when my driver is still in the team and I am hoping he does very well and stays with the team another year too. These are not nice words to hear from Hamilton for how much all of Italy loves him and he is ask to drive already in 2016. I don't care.
    Massive coincidence that he says this while he's in contract negotiations with Mercedes at the moment I'm sure
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Because the car broke down on Hamilton that is his fault?

Yup it is, Hamilton had more rear brake bias in Canada and his brakes gave up when their energy recovery system failed, Rosberg used less and Rosberg finished the race.

Driver still have to manage cars chassis and engines and are so very capable to have a driving style that tent to have them have more failures.

It is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Yup it is, Hamilton had more rear brake bias in Canada and his brakes gave up when their energy recovery system failed, Rosberg used less and Rosberg finished the race.

Driver still have to manage cars chassis and engines and are so very capable to have a driving style that tent to have them have more failures.

It is nothing new.
    I remember 2005 when Kimi's Mclaren was broken almost every other race. We should sack him cause he is not reliable and is a car breaker. Lets get Button instead who takes care of his cars.
    we're number one

I remember 2005 when Kimi's Mclaren was broken almost every other race. We should sack him cause he is not reliable and is a car breaker. Lets get Button instead who takes care of his cars.

As far as i can remember that car gave both Mclaren drivers headaches that year. (maybe Montoya was just too fat?)

I still stand by my original opinion that the way a driver drives his car can and must be considered when if comes to failures.

It is a whole different story when you team cannot connect your fuel line properly.

It is nothing new.
    You are correct my friend, reliability is not just about the cars mechanical issues it's also how the drivers ability not to have crashes or like Hamilton did in China ending up in the gravel trap while he was driving in the pit lane or driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.

driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.

Oh that was dumb. And still unforgivable in my opinion.

I was an Alonso fan and still am, second to Ferrari. But would I welcome Lewis to Ferrari?...............Yes, because he is a great driver and still one of those who drive with passion. His heart is involved in what he does behind the wheel. Sometimes that results in strange actions, but it also results in beautiful races.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

You are correct my friend, reliability is not just about the cars mechanical issues it's also how the drivers ability not to have crashes or like Hamilton did in China ending up in the gravel trap while he was driving in the pit lane or driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.
    you are referring to his rookie year and how old was he back then? What about Vet's running into Webber? He should be kicked out from Ferrari immediately. Maybe FIAT forgot about that incident when they hired him.

Did you ever consider the fact that in Hamiltons ROOKIE year he went up against a double world champion and was equal no matter what rubbish you hear about how McLaren preferred him to Alonso.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Massive coincidence that he says this while he's in contract negotiations with Mercedes at the moment I'm sure
    I just hope he will sign a 10-year deal with Merc so he will never has to come to our team
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

I believe Ferrari will have to come up with a contender of a car before this british champion will consider comming over, unless... Nico does to him @ Merc what Riccardo did to Seb @ Red Bull.

you are referring to his rookie year and how old was he back then? What about Vet's running into Webber? He should be kicked out from Ferrari immediately. Maybe FIAT forgot about that incident when they hired him.

Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet for ol' LH. It's ok man, fire whoever you want and hire Lewis. Just calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Only if he was really fast.

Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet for ol' LH. It's ok man, fire whoever you want and hire Lewis. Just calm down.
    actully i dont. i I am just glad/arguing that Ferrari and FIAT do not make decisions based on the opinions discussed in this thread. The arguments used are circular and illogical. It doesnt matter if one likes a driver or not. If he is better than what you have then you should get him if you can.
    we're number one

Never said it was exclusive to them. But they're by far the worst for the traits I mentioned. If Hamilton ever comes to Ferrari and gets beaten by whoever happens to be his teammate, the accusations of "racism" on the part of Ferrari will come thick and fast from the Lewis fan boys.

It's not so much about not having anything good to say, it's more about just not caring about the other team's drivers. As a Ferrari fan I only care about the drivers who are driving for Ferrari (to some extent about ex-Ferrari drivers as well) and others are just a blur in the background, figuratively speaking. It's all about Ferrari and its drivers for me, and that's the way it will always be. If you don't understand it then that's fine, everybody has the right to support whoever they want, however they want.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    You've just described quite a few people in this thread. Its always funny when fanboys complain about other fanboys, usually in total innocence that they are some how better, when from the outside they are just as bad.
    Oh? Then you'll have zero problem in quoting me (1) praising some driver is OTT terms such as "He gets that dog of a car in positions it has no business being" or "He's the greatest driver on the grid!", and (2) Insisting that some other driver is hugely overrated and is actually no damn good. I won''t be holding my breath waiting for you to pull it off ...

Obviously that comment of mine left a mark on you, but "Nuh huh, YOU'RE the fan boy!" is just a childish response.