Thread: Sebastian Vettel could ignore livery change ban.

Thumbs up Sebastian Vettel could ignore livery change ban.

Sunday 22 February at 10:35 : Feb.22 (GMM)

Sebastian Vettel has admitted he might ignore F1's new ban on helmet livery changes.

Reports have indicated the German has made about 60 livery changes since debuting in formula one.

But it has also been a growing trend among Vettel's peers as well, moving Bernie Ecclestone and Jean Todt to clamp down on the practice and limit each driver to a single design for the entire season from 2015.

"I was going to do it a little less this year anyway," international media reports quote Vettel, who has switched from Red Bull to Ferrari, as saying.

So far in 2015, the 27-year-old - who admitted to causing his spin in the new SF15-T on Saturday - has worn a mainly white design with a German tricolour.

It is not yet clear what penalties await those who infringe the new ban.

"In these difficult times," Vettel said, "this (livery ban) seems to be the only thing they can agree on.

"I don't know what the punishment will be," he added, "but if it is only a small fine for charitable purposes, then I will gladly change my helmet again."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/daily...hange+ban.html
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I think its a joke drivers should change helmets

Haha, I say good for Seb! If there were some good reason for the new rule I'd probably be supportive of the ban. From an article I read this is a compromise THIRD choice! First Todt & Bernie wanted bigger numbers on the cars, owners said no since space on the car is too valuable (for sponsor money), then Todt proposed "cars be mandatorily fitted with a large, Le Mans-style fin on the engine cover, making room for a big race number, driver name and nationality flag", which teams rejected based on their engineers advice, so finally they proposed this "helmet livery" ban. (Anyone remember that donut ban that turned out not to really be a donut ban??)

Of course Niki Lauda thought it's a great idea, saying "Sometimes I can't recognise even my own drivers in the car."
    (Little hint Niki, One of them has an all black top camera mount, the other has it covered in yellow fluorescent! I'm old, getting blind & senile just like you, but this little bit of info has helped me immensely & it's like that for all the teams!)
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

And what if both drivers happen to have similar taste of helmet designs? If I would be a driver, I would choose a similar design as my team mate just to show how completely stupid rule they have invented yet again.

I think its stupid, there is nothing wrong with drivers wanting to change their helmet designs. Another stupid rule once again

Don't see the FIA doing anything more than a fine, as this has got nothing to do with technical stuff or performance. Not like they can give a driver grid penalty for changing helmet design.

Silly rule, just like the double points last year, I think this will be scrap next year when they realize how silly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Don't see the FIA doing anything more than a fine, as this has got nothing to do with technical stuff or performance. Not like they can give a driver grid penalty for changing helmet design.

Silly rule, just like the double points last year, I think this will be scrap next year when they realize how silly it is.
    As like this become some kind of trend. Introduce some obvious stupid rule just to cancel it next year!

Stupid and unnecessary, i can already see all the divers breaking it if it only carries a monetary fine.

But then again the FIA is stupid and unnecessary in my opinion already.

Please Vettel stick to one design
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Well i think a driver should have one classic helmet to be recognizable by, but still this rule is stupid.

I'm surprised FIA did not yet come up with an idea of granting drivers certain amount of helmet tokens.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

A part of me wants Seb to bring a new design for every race just to tick off the FIA but I hope he just changes it for the special races like home race if he will have one? monaco and singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I'm surprised FIA did not yet come up with an idea of granting drivers certain amount of helmet tokens.
    or a set number of helmets per season after which they will have to take a drop in points.
    we're number one

FerrariSteve Guest
    I'm a Vettel fan but I gotta say I really hated the fact he changed his helmet so often.

I'm a fan of the drivers in the 60's-70's who picked a design and used it their whole career, I liked that. Please Seb, pick one and keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well i think a driver should have one classic helmet to be recognizable by, but still this rule is stupid.
    Totally agree

This is the sort of stupid rule that Formula 1 should look to MotoGP for answers.

May as well mandating that all sponsors must sponsor for the full year as the changes thereto will result a change of livery.