Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20313233343536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,341 of 1341

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season Test - Jerez

Alonso was in a bad accident Sunday, flown by copter to hospital . He was concious after the crash. I can only hope for the best.

To be the best driver you need to win titles alonso is getting old he loosing his edge it happens to all sports people secondly his chanpionship victories are a long time ago he is in a dry patch do not see him winning another one to many young guns that are very punchy fast and hungry for sucsess alonso has all this I could be wrong but time is his enemy big time and mclaren honda have headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    To be the best driver you need to win titles alonso is getting old he loosing his edge it happens to all sports people secondly his chanpionship victories are a long time ago he is in a dry patch do not see him winning another one to many young guns that are very punchy fast and hungry for sucsess alonso has all this I could be wrong but time is his enemy big time and mclaren honda have headaches.
    Really, did you not watch F1 before today?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Really, did you not watch F1 before today?
    while i agree that watching f1 last year you would see that he still has it.

i have to admit that he is right. alonso i getting old and with age things are not the same. You never know how this accident will effect him either. the MS from the late 90's would have had the title in 2006.
    we're number one

Put Alonso in the Mercedes and he will beat ANY other driver in the sister car. He is still that good.

Disappointed Since 2010

With age comes the great gift of experience. If one believes Alonso is washed up do to age, than every other driver should call it quits, for not being as great as he still is as an old man! It was worth watching Ferrari last year just to see Alonso carry his car on his shoulders to respectable finishes for the most part with what he had to work with. Oh I remember reading , it was Alonso's fault the car was not fast, pu etc. he is a poor designer, and the driver designs the car mainly, with his input. So Lewis was, is, WDC & F1s top car designer. Ricciardo comming in a strong 2nd. designing his ride to beat his 4x champion teamate .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    With age comes the great gift of experience. If one believes Alonso is washed up do to age, than every other driver should call it quits, for not being as great as he still is as an old man! It was worth watching Ferrari last year just to see Alonso carry his car on his shoulders to respectable finishes for the most part with what he had to work with. Oh I remember reading , it was Alonso's fault the car was not fast, pu etc. he is a poor designer, and the driver designs the car mainly, with his input. So Lewis was, is, WDC & F1s top car designer. Ricciardo comming in a strong 2nd. designing his ride to beat his 4x champion teamate .
    Well spoken Brembo, in all of Ferrari's last few season's, my only consolation was getting to watch Fernando's mastery behind the wheel. If not for him I probably would have tuned F1 out until Ferrari became competitive again. We shall see how it goes this coming season, I hope there is enough to keep my interest high & I will be keeping an eye on the "old men" on the grid as well. (Just because I am an oldie)
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Don't shovel the snow !! March is almost here.

Hi Alonso is still a great gifted driver who has the potential and hunger to still win races, not long now before the first race is here.

kev68

Alonso is now driving for McLaren, so for me he is our enemy but pound for pound he is still the best driver on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Don't shovel the snow !! March is almost here.
    I try not to look out the window, too much snow & icicles & the forecast doesn't help at all!

P.S. - why are we posting in the Jerez Test thread
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

I completely disagree but it is hard to post the reasons why as I now have a sore head from reading your massively long sentence about Alonso I mean have you never heard of a full stop it is something that you use to break up words so they don't read as one long stream of text can you see how hard it is to read and understand.
    Forza Jules

I don't think Alonso has lost his edge. But you may be right about not winning anymore titles. It seems Alonso's biggest flaw is his sense of timing. He may not win anymore titles simply because he'S been in the wrong teams the last few years. He may end up wishing he stayed at Ferrari if testing has any correlation with this years races.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I completely disagree but it is hard to post the reasons why as I now have a sore head from reading your massively long sentence about Alonso I mean have you never heard of a full stop it is something that you use to break up words so they don't read as one long stream of text can you see how hard it is to read and understand.
    lol

Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

bahahahaahhaaaa
    not gonna change my profile picture

FerrariSteve Guest
    Forgive me if this is a dumb question but regarding Mercedes power units.

I think we all know that the Merc PU is the best out there (currently) okay but whats to stop Mercedes from giving the teams Merc power units set to like 90% power and them use theirs at 100%? is it possible for them to cheat like that? I'm not saying they are, I'm just wondering if its possible considering even the other Mercedes powered cars aren't even close to them!?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post

I think we all know that the Merc PU is the best out there (currently) okay but whats to stop Mercedes from giving the teams Merc power units set to like 90% power and them use theirs at 100%? is it possible for them to cheat like that? I'm not saying they are, I'm just wondering if its possible considering even the other Mercedes powered cars aren't even close to them!?
    was said last year that Merc did not give Williams and Mclaren some map settings that would unleash the full power they were having. Not sure how "true" this was, but its something i heard.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post

Regarding the software maps and driveability they need not give the best possible to their customers. For example Williams' got better maps in Austria last season. And then they have advantage in packaging the PU into the chassi, first hand info about the needs for radiators etc.

In this day and age you would think software was part of the engine. Bloody merc cheats..
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I think you are over thinking things somewhat, so our whole winter test is designed around enticing Lewis?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...s-lure-5295802

You still think Jerez was unintentional?