Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1341

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season Test - Jerez

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    NOOOOOOO! Hamilton driving for us would be my biggest nightmare

I barely imagine...

Or maybe...

Hamilton is not a fan of Ferrari, he is McLaren boy and always will be. He is not needed, although he is great driver. I would take Vettel anyday of the week. He is more mature, he is great driver as well, according to alot of sources VERY analytically and in the end he is Tifosi in his heart like Michael. We struck gold with a boy, no doubt...

Michael was not a fan of Ferrari until he joined us.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is hardly going to decide on his contract based on testing.
    No, he will decide based on performance we produce in Melbourne or after Melbourne, but Ferrari needs to do something so he does not sign for Mercedes before Melbourne. I believe this is the best possible way to do that.

Why is Hamilton waiting so long for new Mercedes deal? Only Ferrari can make him wait more...

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    No, he will decide based on performance we produce in Melbourne or after Melbourne, but Ferrari needs to do something so he does not sign for Mercedes before Melbourne. I believe this is the best possible way to do that.

Why is Hamilton waiting so long for new Mercedes deal? Only Ferrari can make him wait more...
    I think you are over thinking things somewhat, so our whole winter test is designed around enticing Lewis?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Michael was not a fan of Ferrari until he joined us.
    Well he is. Michael is Ferrari fan, and Vettels idol. Its not for nothing that Vettel came here (apart from the money). And lol at Lewis waiting ti see Ferrari test...He is in best team on the grid (by far), and that wlil remain so for a year at least.

I wouldn't mind having Hamilton at Ferrari some day but alongside Vettel? No. We already know Lewis loses it quite easily and Seb is still quite hot-headed in the car at times. It'd explode.

Vettel will lead our team well and we need a driver alongside him who will always be right with him and winning when Vettel cannot. Just like Rubens, Felipe and Eddie used to alongside Michael.

Besides Hamilton, I'd much rather see Ricciardo in a red car one day...

I still believe one of the main reasons that Sebastian Vettel Came to Ferrari, was Daniel Ricciardo, so I am not sure love affair between Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel would survive, if Daniel Ricciardo is on his way to Ferrari.
    Last edited by AfterLife; 10th February 2015 at 19:51.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

I speculate that maybe Vettel left Red Bull because he saw the writing on the wall over there. Similarly why would Newey decide to step back from his greatest creation. Probably felt the era of the aero dominance was over and maybe Renault would never be able to match the merc power.
    Last edited by ferrari4life; 10th February 2015 at 19:24.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    Yes i'am with you fratelliferrari, the difference between Vettel and Hamilton is Vettel has always said he would love to drive for Ferrari, where as Hamilton has never said anything decent about Ferrari, in fact I remember in a very early interview in 2007 he said (typical Ferrari playing the usual politics) Also over the years I have always found him a very weird person. His ability is without question, he is a great driver but let's not forget over three years driving along side Button he scored less points. He is recognised the best at qualifying but in 2014 Rosberg showed him the way. If he did end up driving for us I will grit my teeth and support him, simply because he is driving for our team Ferrari.
    I agree with you on almost everything you said there mate, except that Hamilton has actually said some good things about Ferrari as well in the past.
    A few years back he said this: "At the moment I can't see myself anywhere else because I'm really happy where I am, but what I can say is that throughout my racing career and through karting and everything, Ferrari have always been one of the top teams and it's always a desire for any driver to drive for them. So anyone who gets that chance, no matter where you are or what car you drive, you look at a Ferrari and think: That's pretty cool."

But just like for you, he wouldn't be my favorite choice either, I mean I know that he's one of the best drivers out there and I would support him if he did come to Ferrari, but I'd rather see Ricciardo or Hulkenberg join us when one of our seat opens up. Actually my first choice would've been Bianchi but..... yeah, really sad *sigh*
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

15 or 20 hp more from merc big deal good aero reduces this by half we will be up there all is going to plan why question weather we have improved just look at the car and you decide and yes dont say that looks can be decieving not this time��

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    15 or 20 hp more from merc big deal good aero reduces this by half we will be up there all is going to plan why question weather we have improved just look at the car and you decide and yes dont say that looks can be decieving not this time��
    Looks can be deceiving

We are in a way better position than last year, rather sure of it. But keep in mind we haven seen any of our main rival teams coming close to showing what they got (yeah i know, we haven't shown everything too). It's risky to jump the gun like that.
    Last edited by Forzi; 10th February 2015 at 21:14.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Man imagine Vettel and Hamilton driving for us. One raw speed and one intelligent.
    .... And what quality does Hamilton have [emoji4]

Hamilton will never drive for us relax. Unless Kimi performs miracles this year, it looks like Bottas will replace him. I like Bottas but i think he is overrated. No offence to the Massa fans here, but beating post 2009 Massa is not a huge achievement.

So. If we do 100kg fuel runs in Barca while the others work on set up optimization/quick runs and we end up off the pace. Do we pack it in?

Here is Vettel's missing Speed trap top speed.
    Title #5 for Red #5.
    #forza sebastian #forza ferrari

When Kimi retires I hope Jules to take over the seat instead of Lewis or Bottas
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    When Kimi retires I hope Jules to take over the seat instead of Lewis or Bottas
    I know this is not a nice thing to say but the chances of Jules driving an F1 car again are extremely remote.

I just hope he recovers from that horrific accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    .... And what quality does Hamilton have [emoji4]
    Just being as dope as all his gangsta friends
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by Sriharsha View Post
    Here is Vettel's missing Speed trap top speed.
    https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...17941948_o.jpg
    ooohhh no we are doomed!!!We cant even reach a crippled McLaren-Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    I agree with you on almost everything you said there mate, except that Hamilton has actually said some good things about Ferrari as well in the past.
    A few years back he said this: "At the moment I can't see myself anywhere else because I'm really happy where I am, but what I can say is that throughout my racing career and through karting and everything, Ferrari have always been one of the top teams and it's always a desire for any driver to drive for them. So anyone who gets that chance, no matter where you are or what car you drive, you look at a Ferrari and think: That's pretty cool."

But just like for you, he wouldn't be my favorite choice either, I mean I know that he's one of the best drivers out there and I would support him if he did come to Ferrari, but I'd rather see Ricciardo or Hulkenberg join us when one of our seat opens up. Actually my first choice would've been Bianchi but..... yeah, really sad *sigh*
    I no doubt he did say some kind words about Ferrari and your reply is very fair Nero Horse, like you if he did drive for us one day I would of course support him, Ricciardo and Bottas seem like the best drivers in the next few years who could join Ferrari. Like you said Bianchi would of been my no1 choice and yes its really sad what's happened to him.

What about Grosjean. It is sure,he won't be our choice. But I want to know your opinion as f1 fans. I think he is one on list of drivers that f1 didn't cared much.
    Fight with passion, win with pride, lose with respect, but never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ARUN M KARUNAN View Post
    What about Grosjean. It is sure,he won't be our choice. But I want to know your opinion as f1 fans. I think he is one on list of drivers that f1 didn't cared much.
    he took WDC away from Fernando. If he drove in spa more carefully Fernando would be 3 time world champion.
    i will never forget this

Alonso took away two titles from Michael in 2005-06. If he drive slower... :)

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    he took WDC away from Fernando. If he drove in spa more carefully Fernando would be 3 time world champion.
    i will never forget this
    You serious?
    1. No single incident takes away your WDC, you earn a WDC through out the year, so saying that that shunt took away Alonso's WDC is a stretch.
    2. So you should hate Alonso even more, because he took away Massa's WDC back in 2008 (crash gate?).

Just saying. The way grosjean caused mess is pretty stupid. Alonso didn't mechanic on semafor did.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    i will never forget this
    Well if you put it this way, you can say that Alonso took away his own championship in 2012 when in Suzuka he kept pushing Kimi out of the track till he blew his rear tyre with kimi's front wing.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-australian-gp

Toto Wolff wants Lewis Hamilton to sign a new contract with Mercedes before the 2015 season gets underway in Australia on March 15.

The reigning world champion is in the final 12 months of his three-year deal with the Silver Arrows and will be a free agent at the end of the season.

Talks started last year over extending the partnership, but Hamilton revealed earlier this month that it was his decision to put contract talks on hold around the time of the Russian Grand Prix to focus on his title challenge, despite knowing of interest from Fernando Alonso.

Mercedes chief Wolff admits he would like the situation to be resolved within the next month, although insists there is no deadline for the finalising of talks.

"It is always beneficial you have a clear situation, for the driver and ourselves," said Wolff. "That is the best case, but you want to get it right as well, so it needs time.

"There is no reason for us to believe it is not going to go in the way we think is right, and Lewis thinks is right.

"Therefore we should aim to finish the discussions before the start of the season.

"But this is not a deadline we have set ourselves because the moment you set deadlines you put yourself under pressure, and we don't want to put him or us under pressure."

Hamilton is negotiating his own deal after splitting from management company XIX Entertainment last year, but Wolff says that is not proving a problem

"Contract discussions are extremely important, both for Lewis and ourselves. It's about discussing how the next couple of years are going to go,” the Austrian added.

"This is not something that happens from one day to the other, and you cannot expect it to be easy.

"But because of the great relationship we enjoy with Lewis and the very transparent way we deal with each other, so far it has been very good.

"We (the team) have been very open and honest with the way we see the future panning out, and he has been the same.

"He is an intelligent driver, has developed as a personality - I hope we have played our part - and so far the discussions have been as expected."

The Sky Sports F1 Online team will be providing live commentary from all four days of both Barcelona tests. Sky Sports News HQ will also have live updates from trackside.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...esigner_Costa/

Designer Aldo Costa denies Mercedes has played it too safe with the new title-defending W06.

The Brackley team utterly dominated the first season of the new turbo V6 rules in 2014 and is expected to maintain that advantage this year.

But as testing kicked off at Jerez last week, it was Ferrari that set the headline times amid rumours it has found between 40 and 80 horse power over the winter.

Indeed, La Gazzetta dello Sport told Mercedes’ Italian designer Costa that the new W06 does appear at least visibly very similar to the 2014 car.

“The car is an evolution,” he confirmed. “But in reality it is very different in many parts that cannot be seen from the outside.”

As for Jerez, he said the test was “positive in all respects” for the team, even if more work needs to be done on reliability.

“The improvement compared to 2014 was in line with what we expected,” added Costa.

“We did not go to Spain to verify performance, but rather (to verify) reliability and the behaviour of the car.”

Amid suggestions Mercedes was actively sandbagging at Jerez, Costa was asked how much of the 2015 car’s potential has now been seen, and he answered: “Very little.

“But I think it is the same for us as it is with all the other teams.

“Only at the first race in Melbourne will we understand the true situation. And maybe not even there; we may need to wait four or five grands prix.”

Costa refused to be drawn on how many unfreeze ‘tokens’ Mercedes has already spent on its 2015 engine, but he did reveal: “I can confirm that we are using our new power unit for 2015, which is different from the last one”.

As for whether Mercedes can keep its level of dominance over its rivals in 2015, Costa answered: “We have set ourselves significantly higher targets compared to last year.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    You serious?
    1. No single incident takes away your WDC, you earn a WDC through out the year, so saying that that shunt took away Alonso's WDC is a stretch.
    2. So you should hate Alonso even more, because he took away Massa's WDC back in 2008 (crash gate?).
    Very unfair comment, Alonso never had any part with crash gate.