Thread: Question

Question

Hi ;) I have a little question. I looking for one sentence from Felipe Massa... something about being a hero than an idiot or samething like that. Can You help me :)?

And now in proper english?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I assume they are looking for a quote from Felipe, we don't have an English exam to become a member
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    unfair comment. English is not everyone's mother tongue!!!!!!!
    I admire those who can communicate with us in our language.
    I know I couldn't in their language.
    Be patient if sometimes they make a grammatical error. We still understand what they are saying.

Yeah I understand but al least he could used a translator then I think more would be clearer.

Yeah I understand but al least he could used a translator then I think more would be clearer.
    What do you mean by using a translator?
    Using something like google translate, that even if he used would still have grammar irregularities?
    You are saying he should had called a translator to help him write that?
    Come on man, i think we can tolerate some bad english as long as we can understand what the person wants to say...

Stormy how old are you or just trolling?

Never heared from an online translator? They invented them you know...

Google translator for example is free and easy to use.

Simply because I had an idea of what he was asking but spelled wierd made me second guess.

Now I leave this topic for obvious reasons.

Im aware of Google translate, but Google translate wont solve the problem because google translates with grammar irregularities... it cant translate literally.

I understood perfectly what he was trying to convey. I even searched for a few minutes but to no avail.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraristka View Post
    Hi ;) I have a little question. I looking for one sentence from Felipe Massa... something about being a hero than an idiot or samething like that. Can You help me :)?
    Do you remember which year he said this quote? Will make it easier to search.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I understood the post. If we are going to be pedantic, English should be with a capital.

Quote Originally Posted by 13njb View Post
    I understood the post. If we are going to be pedantic, English should be with a capital.
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by 13njb View Post

Never heared from an online translator? They invented them you know...

Google translator for example is free and easy to use.

Simply because I had an idea of what he was asking but spelled wierd made me second guess.

Now I leave this topic for obvious reasons.
    You have spelled "heard" & "weird" incorrectly.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    unfair comment. English is not everyone's mother tongue!!!!!!!
    I admire those who can communicate with us in our language.
    I know I couldn't in their language.
    Be patient if sometimes they make a grammatical error. We still understand what they are saying.
    Yes that is true. We, Croatians, are happy if foreigner can say one sentence in Croatian.

Quote Originally Posted by Majki2111 View Post
    Yes that is true. We, Croatians, are happy if foreigner can say one sentence in Croatian.
    As we Bosnians are.....and Serbians probably

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    As we Bosnians are.....and Serbians probably
    Yeah, and we Macedonians i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraristka View Post
    Sorry I can't help with the quote from Felipe that you're looking for, but I will agree with racing bradley and say bardzo dobrze for trying to speak and write in English!! I admire anyone who takes the trouble to try and speak a foreign language, as for the Balkan languages, it's pretty much impossible even if I can manage Italian/Spanish/French, and I've just used a Polish dictionary for those two words above! Hope you find the sentence from Felipe but I think maybe he said something a few years ago when another driver (HAM?) took a chance with him and it was nearly a bad accident? Powodzenia!

Fernando talking about Q1 at Silverstone. “It’s definitely some luck there,” he explained. “As I said, you do the dry tires like Marussia and you are P4, which is fantastic. You do the dry tires and there is this little rain in one corner, and you crash and you are stupid, so it’s a narrow line to be a hero or make a big mistake.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...ic-and-stupid/
    "Losing Michael from Formula One is not like losing your arm or leg. It’s like losing your torso. It’s like removing America from the world map and hoping that somehow Spain can fill the void." - Jeremy Clarkson

This is from an interview when he tested for Ferrari at Hockenheim, 4 days after the 2008 British Grand Prix:

Q: Last year, and sometimes this year also, you seem to be having to prove that you're actually amongst the top drivers. Is that bothering you ?
    Massa: ''Not at all. Not in the first place because I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I have already proven what I have to prove to certain people - and therefore I enjoy the respect I get from the team, like I have respect for the team. I've become acquainted to all the rest that comes along. One day being a racing driver you're a hero, the next you're an idiot. You cannot and should not take that seriously. What I do take seriously is my job and the goal that we want to achieve.''

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    This is from an interview when he tested for Ferrari at Hockenheim, 4 days after the 2008 British Grand Prix:

Q: Last year, and sometimes this year also, you seem to be having to prove that you're actually amongst the top drivers. Is that bothering you ?
    Massa: ''Not at all. Not in the first place because I don't need to prove anything to anyone. I have already proven what I have to prove to certain people - and therefore I enjoy the respect I get from the team, like I have respect for the team. I've become acquainted to all the rest that comes along. One day being a racing driver you're a hero, the next you're an idiot. You cannot and should not take that seriously. What I do take seriously is my job and the goal that we want to achieve.''
    Sorry for the mistakes... It will never happen again ;)

Thank You F2008! :)