Thread: Alonso: Red Bull, Mercedes deserve success

Alonso: Red Bull, Mercedes deserve success

Fernando Alonso says Red Bull and Mercedes are fully deserving of their recent Formula 1 success.

Red Bull has enjoyed a run of four successive Drivers' and Constructors' titles, while Mercedes comfortably leads the 2014 standings after stealing a march on its rivals amid the sport's latest technical regulation overhaul.

And instead of being criticised for their dominance, Alonso reckons they should both be congratulated.

"We saw Red Bull have a big advantage in the last four years and now we see a similar, or even more of an advantage for Mercedes. But that's the way it is," said the Ferrari driver.

"Red Bull did a better job than the other teams – they deserved the championships they had.

"And Mercedes is now leading both championships because they did a better job than the others, not only on the engine side but also on the car side.

"There are three other teams with Mercedes engines that have the same possibilities and are one lap behind the two [factory] Mercedes."

Alonso added that Ferrari should use the results of its rivals as inspiration to improve its own situation.

"It's motivation for us to work better, because we know there are some other teams exploiting the new cars in a better way," he commented.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...erve-success/?
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Fernando has to find ways of dealing with what must be a really dispiriting situation after 41/2 years of car problems.
    The more I read the more I see people talking about how he’s the best driver on the grid, at present, and of his generation. TV Commentators, magazine and newspaper reporters, websites from across the F1 world, other team members; there seems to be a feeling that somehow justice isn’t being done. And, of course, I agree with all that and feel for him, as do many on this site.

He seems to keep a good head on his shoulders and uses his Japanese warrior metaphors, family, friends, fans, hard work and training to sustain his self-belief.
    The above quote shows a more subtle and mature way of staying sane - showing respect for his rivals and their teams rather than getting angry or feeling let down by his own immediate environment and the people in it. There’s more than one other driver out there who might benefit from such an approach, but hey, let them find their own ways of coping! We know who’s the best.

Very diplomatic words from Alonso, and he's right, nobody can really blame RB and Merc for doing a better job than the other teams. We just have knuckle down and do an even better job than them, and that's all there is to it.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Fernando has to find ways of dealing with what must be a really dispiriting situation after 41/2 years of car problems.
    The more I read the more I see people talking about how he’s the best driver on the grid, at present, and of his generation. TV Commentators, magazine and newspaper reporters, websites from across the F1 world, other team members; there seems to be a feeling that somehow justice isn’t being done. And, of course, I agree with all that and feel for him, as do many on this site.

He seems to keep a good head on his shoulders and uses his Japanese warrior metaphors, family, friends, fans, hard work and training to sustain his self-belief.
    The above quote shows a more subtle and mature way of staying sane - showing respect for his rivals and their teams rather than getting angry or feeling let down by his own immediate environment and the people in it. There’s more than one other driver out there who might benefit from such an approach, but hey, let them find their own ways of coping! We know who’s the best.
    +1
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Fernando IS that great a driver for sure.