Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Räikkönen hits out at motivation questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Really? How about Kimi's data from 2007-2009 which Ferrari has preserved? And what about tonnes of Vettel data that RB have?

C'mmon, give the kid some credit, he is doing well is Ricciardo
    If cars from last year are from different country, the cars from 2009 are from different planet, that 2009 data has gone bad..

I do not want to take anything away from Ricciardo. Also I have nothing against Vettel, but I'm happily surprised to see Daniel ahead.
    Of course Vettel had better chance to affect the 2014 car than Daniel, but still Daniel had better chance than Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    If cars from last year are from different country, the cars from 2009 are from different planet, that 2009 data has gone bad..

I do not want to take anything away from Ricciardo. Also I have nothing against Vettel, but I'm happily surprised to see Daniel ahead.
    Of course Vettel had better chance to affect the 2014 car than Daniel, but still Daniel had better chance than Kimi.
    I wonder how many of these F1 guys have difficult times with their every day road cars? They are worlds apart from an F1 car!

Cars could be from the Orion Nebula, as long as they drive them on earth, with gravity & atmosphere being as they are... well, they are still JUST CARS. You have the same issues of weight, balance, power, etc. to sort out.

If a driver excels with certain characteristics, the team is responsible to get it as near as possible, else they are not giving themselves a chance to succeed. Right now Kimi & Seb are 2 of the bigger names on the grid not completely comfortable with their set-ups. Both teams have stated this is something they have been & will continue to work very hard to resolve. As best as I can recall no team has ever said, "well, so & so better learn to like it because that's what we've built & we won't be changing it any time soon!"
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 24th April 2014 at 01:23. Reason: Added 2nd sentence
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Alonso sure is lucky that every team mate has problems 'adapting' the moment they become his team mate. He is also lucky every car he has ever driven has 'suited him'. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pluto View Post
    Alonso sure is lucky that every team mate has problems 'adapting' the moment they become his team mate. He is also lucky every car he has ever driven has 'suited him'. lol

Funny how when Massa couldn't match Alonso, people were saying it's his fault. But now suddenly it's the team's responsibility to make sure the second driver is comfortable etc so he could match Alonso, otherwise it's the team's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Funny how when Massa couldn't match Alonso, people were saying it's his fault. But now suddenly it's the team's responsibility to make sure the second driver is comfortable etc so he could match Alonso, otherwise it's the team's fault.
    Massa was given four years to improve. Kimi has had a couple of months...

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Massa was given four years to improve. Kimi has had a couple of months...
    Doesn't that mean it's up to the driver rather than the team then

Regardless, I don't understand why there's a need to blame anyone. We've had difficult cars in recent years, I don't expect Massa or Kimi to make miracles. Perhaps people just need to accept that the result is as good as it gets until we improve the car.

Personally, I never said anything about Massa not matching Alonso & I never wanted them to change drivers (accepted it because I figure SF obviously know better than me!). If Felipe never got a car that felt right for his driving needs after all that time (after his accident), well shame on the team if he was telling them or shame on him if he wasn't, but I honestly don't recall any consistent complaint from him that it was not to his liking. The BBW is giving more than a couple of the drivers problems this yr. for sure.
    I just don't like the way the reporters say right away it's Kimi not being motivated, started in on him same way at Lotus, when it turns out it was probably the fact they weren't bringing updates due to money issues.
    If this is Alonsomaniacs vs Massabots vs Kimibots, well I'll just bow out as I'm a Ferrari-nut, who happens to like Felipe, Fernando, Kimi & a few other drivers that have yet to drive the red cars.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Doesn't that mean it's up to the driver rather than the team then

Regardless, I don't understand why there's a need to blame anyone. We've had difficult cars in recent years, I don't expect Massa or Kimi to make miracles. Perhaps people just need to accept that the result is as good as it gets until we improve the car.
    Neither should you expect Alonso to make miracles. He does what the cars potential allows him to do.
    I wonder the time when Alonso was Trulli's and Hamilton's teammate.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Neither should you expect Alonso to make miracles. He does what the cars potential allows him to do.
    When did I expect Alonso to make miracle?

he was crushing trulli at the end, as a 23 year old. Hamilton is the only match he had.

he was crushing trulli at the end, as a 23 year old. Hamilton is the only match he had.
    I hardly doubt it was crushing .
    Teammate Comparison

Races: 33

Head-to-Head (where both finished): Alonso 8-6

Qualifying: Alonso 17-16

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Sorry buddy, but Hamilton is, in my opinion, only a match for Button and Rosberg.

Ramilton(Ron and Lewis) was the match for Alonso when he was at Mclaren.

I don't know why miracles are expected from our drivers when the car is not performing. Why do we need to stir up crap when we have, in Ferrari, the best driver line-up in F1?

Both drivers have shown that they are brilliant F1 legends that did not need the Press and Media to make them popular in F1. And very popular they are, because they are so good.

I find it absolutely unnecessary that so much bickering must go on about the Media's uncanny knack of spreading lies and disconcerts.

It was inevitable that bickering and blame would surface if one of our drivers appeared to be less able to drive the car as well as the other, it happens in all the teams at some point unless they have a really dominant car, and even then there's a pecking order. I'm a Massabot but have had to accept that Kimi replaced him for reasons best known to the management, but I still support Ferrari first and foremost and accept that Fernando is a genius, Kimi and Felipe may not be quite up to his standards but they can be just as quick in the right machinery and I will support all three of them however much it goes against my religion to favour any team other than Ferrari. The bickering and favouritism will never go away as long as we decide to support one driver over another, that's human nature. I don't think Kimi is any less motivated than he was previously, and we all remember how he came back in 2007 to win the championship. Give him a chance, as many of us did with Felipe.

I hardly doubt it was crushing .
    Teammate Comparison

Races: 33

Head-to-Head (where both finished): Alonso 8-6

Qualifying: Alonso 17-16
    Now go and find how many mechanical problems he had in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Now go and find how many mechanical problems he had in 2004.
    Yeah, yeah , whats new, everyone suffers from reliability. That also bloated Alonso's apparent advantage over Massa.

F1 show biz 2016 :

Yeah, yeah , whats new, everyone suffers from reliability. That also bloated Alonso's apparent advantage over Massa.
    lol. You keep claiming Kimi is 100% comparable to Alonso and yet you're so fixated on playing down Alonso at every post here. I guess you don't think Kimi is all that great either.

Did it really?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Give him a chance, as many of us did with Felipe.
    No.

Forza Jules

"If this is Alonsomaniacs vs Massabots vs Kimibots..."

im sorry guys I know I am new but ive been quiet way too long on this topic and I feel I have to stir the pot a bit...its a proven fact that Alonsomaniacs are better than Massabots and Kimibots......LOL but Ferraristas are the best
    Last edited by ALO; 26th April 2014 at 03:45. Reason: TYPO

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    I wonder how many of these F1 guys have difficult times with their every day road cars? They are worlds apart from an F1 car!

Cars could be from the Orion Nebula, as long as they drive them on earth, with gravity & atmosphere being as they are... well, they are still JUST CARS. You have the same issues of weight, balance, power, etc. to sort out.

If a driver excels with certain characteristics, the team is responsible to get it as near as possible, else they are not giving themselves a chance to succeed. Right now Kimi & Seb are 2 of the bigger names on the grid not completely comfortable with their set-ups. Both teams have stated this is something they have been & will continue to work very hard to resolve. As best as I can recall no team has ever said, "well, so & so better learn to like it because that's what we've built & we won't be changing it any time soon!"
    Well Kimi for example had some problems at start of his WRC career, when he had to drive against worlds best rally drivers. But as cars are just cars, I bet Alonso would beat them easily, he is just so good at adjusting his driving style for any kind of car.

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post

im sorry guys I know I am new but ive been quiet way too long on this topic and I feel I have to stir the pot a bit...its a proven fact that Alonsomniacs are better than Massabots and Kimibots......LOL but Ferraristas are the best
    is that a sleep disorder, Alonsomniacs??
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    An angry Kimi Räikkönen hit out at questions over his motivation after he finished in eighth place during Sunday's Chinese Grand Prix.
    What a mis leading headline and bad journalism. LOL
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by justjesper View Post
    What a mis leading headline and bad journalism. LOL
    Yes, I tend to agree. But what else could you expect from a scandal-hungry media? They just want to create stories that sell and the truth is always of secondary or even tertiary importance to them.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    No.

Sorry Suzie, I really sympathise with your views and indeed share them to a point, but I am still a tifoso AND a Massabot, and I want Ferrari to be winners again, and the odd no 19 Williams podium or win would add to the pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post

im sorry guys I know I am new but ive been quiet way too long on this topic and I feel I have to stir the pot a bit...its a proven fact that Alonsomniacs are better than Massabots and Kimibots......LOL but Ferraristas are the best

Alonsomaniacs? Please leave me out of this...........I'm just a Ferrarifan with a favourite driver, that's all.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Alonsomaniacs? Please leave me out of this...........I'm just a Ferrarifan with a favourite driver, that's all.
    Ah, but that username is such a giveaway
    Forza Ferrari !

Kimi Kimi what are we going to do with him?
    let's just do something simple here, the Ferrari team should let him drive Alonso's car, yes adjust it as best they can for his body, let him whip it round the track several times, if the problems are the same as his own car 'or he feels they are' Kimi is the problem!
    f1worldtour.com

He beat Trulli.

(109) Hamilton + Mcladren+ Ronn Drenis + 100 ml$ + 0 WCC = (109) Alonso.

Yeah, yeah , whats new, everyone suffers from reliability. That also bloated Alonso's apparent advantage over Massa..
    Sorry mate but you are wrong, comparing reliability problems between drivers of different teams is not good, but comparing reliability problems for drivers driving the same car is worth of it....Alonso in 2004, Kimi in 2005, Hamilton in 2012 have been unlucky respectively to Trulli, Montoya, Button.
    Last edited by Nomore; 26th April 2014 at 20:15.

As a Kimi fan I would concede at least a tenth to Alonso. I love them both however and I know we have the best pairing on the grid which is what matters.

That is the main issue with Ferrari. Alonso disguises how bad the car really is and has done since he joined. Focus on improving the car's overall performance rather than making the best of a bad package. Once Kimi gets around his issues both cars should do better.

As for Ferrari fans who moan about their drivers rather than supporting them, hope I don't bump into you at Monza...