Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Räikkönen hits out at motivation questions

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Reread what I wrote. If your boss asked you if you lacked motivation, would you say "yes," even if it was true?
    Yes. He expects honest answers from me and honest answers he also gets. But then again we both are Finns.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
    He was unmotivated enough to allow the team to develop a suspension that hurt him and favoured Massa.

Admittedly, Massa was a really forceful character who Ferrari dare not upset, a Goliath of a personality.

Poor Kimi was a mere reigning World Champion.

Feel free to be in denial or to ignore Kimi's questionable motivation, but quite a few do question it and it has been the subject of doubt before.

It is too early to say if 2014 Kimi carries the curse of not being bothered, but it is no surprise that the question is often asked.

People are defending him, but really, all this talk of motivation is Kimis own fault.

He has developed this persona of not caring and only wanting to turn up and drive, leaving the track straightaway and answering questions with yes or no.

Thats all well and good when things are going good, but when they're not thats the time to dig deep, but sorry to say, Kimi can't now complain when his surliness comes and bites him on his cause its his own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Yes. He expects honest answers from me and honest answers he also gets. But then again we both are Finns.
    Because only the Finns get honesty, right?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

I doubt very seriously that Ferrari would plot against a driver... they want the Constructors and that takes the points from both drivers... where do these stories come from?

Quote Originally Posted by 71dino View Post
    I doubt very seriously that Ferrari would plot against a driver... they want the Constructors and that takes the points from both drivers... where do these stories come from?
    I agree. The idea is absurd.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by 71dino View Post
    They come from Kimi fangirls.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    Because only the Finns get honesty, right?
    I don't know about that but it seems very odd to me that people are assuming him to lie by default in such a matter.

Honesty cannot be taken at face-value, that is the point.

Kimi, or you or me, saying it does not make it a truth.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    People are defending him, but really, all this talk of motivation is Kimis own fault.

He has developed this persona of not caring and only wanting to turn up and drive, leaving the track straightaway and answering questions with yes or no.

Thats all well and good when things are going good, but when they're not thats the time to dig deep, but sorry to say, Kimi can't now complain when his surliness comes and bites him on his cause its his own fault.
    Amen

Strange are these modern ways.

The trolls have come out. Please, do not feed them.

Kimi has worked a LOT more after his return to F1 than before. You can ask this from Lotus or from Ferrari. Yes, he was sporadically lazy during his younger years, letting his natural talent carry him forward but has really shown that he has grown and learned that hard work is the way to achieve things. Forzi made a great analysis of driving styles and I bet that he will have a lot less problems when Pirelli goes to the softer compounds and/or the weather gets warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post

So, if you think the media ask stupid, useless questions & try to make a story where there is none (which most of us fans agree that, in fact they do those things), the refusal to give long-winded verbose answers somehow gives the reporters a right to question the work ethic of a driver?

Or, to say another way, you don't care enough to answer our inane questions, so obviously you don't care about your driving, would you say that's accurate, Mr. Räikkönen?

Honestly, I find it so tiresome when reporters harp on these stereotypes they saddle people with, trying to make a story out of nothing.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    I bet that he will have a lot less problems when Pirelli goes to the softer compounds and/or the weather gets warmer.
    I hope so, but on the other hand a real topdriver should not be depending on that - and I always considered Kimi to be top.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    They come from Kimi fangirls.
    Claudie is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I hope so, but on the other hand a real topdriver should not be depending on that - and I always considered Kimi to be top.
    Ultimately the drivers who can adept better than others will always come out ahead, and yeah, I agree that to be a top driver, this is a mandatory skill.

The are very few drivers like Alonso who is able to adept to the different rule changes and cars throughout the years he is in F1, and such driver don't come along every day. This is why we have been saying just because Massa couldn't keep up with Alonso all the time, it doesn't mean Massa is having problems or he's a bad driver, it's just that extra skill Alonso has at adapting that will always keep him ahead of his team mate, be it Massa or Kimi.

Unfortunately people couldn't see that, and now they are trying to justify why Kimi can't keep up with Alonso by blaming the Ferrari instead.

But Bottas has outscored Massa so far, even though Massa is much more experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ultimately the drivers who can adept better than others will always come out ahead, and yeah, I agree that to be a top driver, this is a mandatory skill.

The are very few drivers like Alonso who is able to adept to the different rule changes and cars throughout the years he is in F1, and such driver don't come along every day. This is why we have been saying just because Massa couldn't keep up with Alonso all the time, it doesn't mean Massa is having problems or he's a bad driver, it's just that extra skill Alonso has at adapting that will always keep him ahead of his team mate, be it Massa or Kimi.

Unfortunately people couldn't see that, and now they are trying to justify why Kimi can't keep up with Alonso by blaming the Ferrari instead.
    Dude, there isnt much of a difference between Kimi and Alonso in terms of driving skills. Both are near to perfect imo. Its just front end feeling thats Kimi's got to deal with atm, anywayz its too early for comparison.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But Bottas has outscored Massa so far, even though Massa is much more experienced.
    That's because in the 2 out of 4 races we've done, Massa couldn't score any points due to accidents that wasn't his fault. In Australia, Massa got crashed out by Koby while in China, he had a failed pit stop which drop him to the back of the grid. Of course Bottas is going to be ahead at the moment, if he can't then something is really wrong with him.

In the other 2 races where no bad incident happened, Massa finished ahead of Bottas.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    Dude, there isnt much of a difference between Kimi and Alonso in terms of driving skills. Both are near to perfect imo. Its just front end feeling thats Kimi's got to deal with atm, anywayz its too early for comparison.
    That is my point though, Alonso have the advantage in terms of adapting to any difficult or changing situations. The moment you say front end feeling or any other feeling, that is drivers adapting to the car's behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

That is my point though, Alonso have the advantage in terms of adapting to any difficult or changing situations. The moment you say front end feeling or any other feeling, that is drivers adapting to the car's behavior.
    No it can also mean setup work. Also lets face it, Kimi hasnt got the same amount of track time as Alonso, not that its any of his fault. Thats why I say give him time, he will deliver. Kimi stayed out of F1 for two years, but instantly got suited with the Pirelli tyres. Thats adaptability for you.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Raikko also had 1 or 2 incidents this year, at least one puncture as I recall. At the end of the day you can always blame bad luck, but Massa underperformed in his final years at Ferrari, that's why they wanted to replace him.
    Last edited by Ferrarichamp; 22nd April 2014 at 09:31. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Nick View Post
    OK, we know you're a troll, but anyone watching this video of Kimi's car in China thinks the problem is not with the car, they are stupid or a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImu...layer_embedded
    The video does not exist

However, if it is the same one I have seen quoted elsewhere, it corresponds to Friday practice and not to the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Raikko also had 1 or 2 incidents this year, at least one puncture as I recall. At the end of the day you can always blame bad luck, but Massa underperformed in his final years at Ferrari, that's why they wanted to replace him.
    Yeah, I do not deny that. And I'm not saying Kimi is a bad driver, he's a good driver, but so is Massa IMO. They both found themself in a difficult car and I'm not blaming them for the WCC.

No it can also mean setup work. Also lets face it, Kimi hasnt got the same amount of track time as Alonso, not that its any of his fault. Thats why I say give him time, he will deliver. Kimi stayed out of F1 for two years, but instantly got suited with the Pirelli tyres. Thats adaptability for you.
    Adapting to car is adapting to it in all conditions, that's what Hornet is trying to tell you. There are no IF front end.......

Look at Ricciardo, he had lesser time than Raikkonen since they spent entire winter in the garage. New team, new rules against established team mate & look at his results, that's what adaptability is all about. And, I will not even dare to say Kimi is perfect like you suggested, it's like expecting from him something he is not capable of

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Adapting to car is adapting to it in all conditions, that's what Hornet is trying to tell you. There are no IF front end.......

Look at Ricciardo, he had lesser time than Raikkonen since they spent entire winter in the garage. New team, new rules against established team mate & look at his results, that's what adaptability is all about. And, I will not even dare to say Kimi is perfect like you suggested, it's like expecting from him something he is not capable of
    ... true true ...
    perfect analysis for the moment ... but still some races left to close up ...
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

We will see at the end of the season mate. As far as Ricciardio goes, I bet my bottom dollar, that Seb is going to finish above him in the final WDc standings.
    But i did'nt get this part :" here are no IF front end......".

F1 show biz 2016 :

We will see at the end of the season mate. As far as Ricciardio goes, I bet my bottom dollar, that Seb is going to finish above him in the final WDc standings.
    But i did'nt get this part :" here are no IF front end......"
    So whole adapting discussion is thrown out of the window? it all comes down who finishes higher, be it if parts are produced to suit Sebastian? Hell even his boss confesses he is sensitive but maybe you are better at understanding Vettel than Horner.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/155359.html

And as far as Ferrari is concerned, there were so many Kimi fanboys here who just like you promised us that Ferrari's last WDC would beat the hell out of Fernando & he will run away to McLaren, so far I am still waiting for Fernando spanking at the hands of Kimi.

So whole adapting discussion is thrown out of the window? it all comes down who finishes higher, be it if parts are produced to suit Sebastian? Hell even his boss confesses he is sensitive but maybe you are better at understanding Vettel than Horner.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/155359.html

And as far as Ferrari is concerned, there were so many Kimi fanboys here who just like you promised us that Ferrari's last WDC would beat the hell out of Fernando & he will run away to McLaren, so far I am still waiting for Fernando spanking at the hands of Kimi.
    Who said I thrown anything out of the window. I am open to any argument. I don't know who these Kimi fanboys are, if they are, then you should be Alonso fanboy, I am saying that cause you seem to make fun of them by tagging such and such fanboy or fangirl who just blindly follows his/her hero.
    Its not just me, if you ask any team managers, they would love to have them both. And as far as results go, its who finishes at the top that matters more, cause its aresult oriented sport.Heck, many of us here even forgot to mention that Kimi was doing fine in Malaysia in dry and in Bahrain he outqualified Alonso.
    Wait a little more man, the spanking you are talking about is going to happen soon.

F1 show biz 2016 :

Who said I thrown anything out of the window. I am open to any argument.
    Then tell me why do you think Kimi is struggling? If he is a 'perfect driver' like you quoted. He is perfect, he adapts well but still struggles, doesn't make sense to me

I don't know who these Kimi fanboys are, if they are, then you should be Alonso fanboy, I am saying that cause you seem to make fun of them by tagging such and such fanboy or fangirl who just blindly follows his/her hero.
    Grow up

Its not just me, if you ask any team managers, they would love to have them both.
    I know Fernando has been rated the best driver by most of the team principals. Can you please post links as to who wants Kimi. Thanks

Wait a little more man, the spanking you are talking about is going to happen soon.
    Ok , If that happens, i'll be more than happy as long as Kimi finds his feet & helps Ferrari

To be honest, I had expected a little more from Kimi and I'm pretty sure most of us had the same expectations. And yes, there is still time for him to get his act together, but not a lot of time.
    He has to prove that he is just as adaptable as Fernando is, and that could prove to be very difficult.
    Alonso adapts to the car's needs, while Kimi wants the car to be adapted to his needs - and that is not easy.
    Kimi is a great driver, he has shown that more than once, but I'm starting to fear a little that he may be as fast as Fernando in ideal circumstances, but that he is also not the complete package that Fernando is.
    I hope he proves me wrong, we need him.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Then tell me why do you think Kimi is struggling? If he is a 'perfect driver' like you quoted. He is perfect, he adapts well but still struggles, doesn't make sense to me
    I told you, he needs setup work cause he has done only 4 races with us. Give him some time. I never said he is perfect. Neither is Alonso. Else he would have ouqualified Kimi in Bahrain. You didn't tell me why you think that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu
    Grow up
    Same to you mate. Substantiate your theory of 'perfect driver', cause he aint won the coveted crown with Ferrari yet mate. Once he does that, i would be happy to compare him with Fangio, Ascari and call him a Ferrari legend. Until he does that, Kimi is stiil the last champion Ferrari produced. i know its harsh, but thats result for you!

I know Fernando has been rated the best driver by most of the team principals. Can you please post links as to who wants Kimi. Thanks
    Ron Dennis, Martin Whitmarsh, Eddie Jordan (ex),Peter Sauber, Chris Dyer, Stefano, Jean Todt, Newey, Horner, Luca Colajanni, Ross Brawn, Andrea Stella and the list continues. Go and look up what they said.

Ok , If that happens, i'll be more than happy as long as Kimi finds his feet & helps Ferrari
    Agreed, as long as our drivers help Ferrari, we are all happy.
    Last edited by PadGeT; 22nd April 2014 at 15:07.

F1 show biz 2016 :